OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Core - Tail of Charmed Newt
Ioan had spent much of the day in Australia, drinking with one of his old Durmstrang friends. One who had also had the honor becoming a death eater just like him. The two had passed most of the day in a pub exchanging stories of where life had taken them since graduation. Finally, the two had parted ways, both much too drunk to do anything more. With no other way to get home and not wanting to stay the night in Australia, Ioan decided to apparate to his apartment. He knew that it was a bad idea to drink and apparate, but with a shrug he did it anyway.

With a crack, Ioan arrived a block from his home and stumbled. Grabbing hold of a building to right himself, Ioan made sure all of his body parts had safely apparated with him before he weaved his way to his apartment. At his door, Ioan pulled out his wand and magically unlocked his door. He stumbled inside and pushed the door closed, then stumbled his way into his living room where he banged into the couch.

"Damn" he said with a chuckle after he saw that Leah was in the room and had seen him stumbling about like a drunken fool. "Inside again vrãjitoare putin? I need to get you out more" Ioan teased as he slid onto the cushions beside her, leather jacket and all. Leah always seemed to be home whenever Ioan decided to stop by, which wasn't often enough for him to know Leah's habits, but often enough for him to wonder whether she was lonely.

It was late, and Leah was not tired. She had attempted to go to sleep, yet after rolling around, twisting and turning in her bed for several hours, she decided that perhaps it was futile to try any longer. She was bored. It was to late to go to The Medley or anywhere else remotely interesting, and to dangerous to explore Bleak Street or Obsidian Harbor at this time of night. So, Leah sat on the couch with a book in her hand, and a small dim light on the table beside the couch. She felt lonely, but it was peaceful to be able to read.

And finally Ioan was home. He hadn't been to these apartments in quite a while, but Leah was not worried. He had a son and possibly another home. "I get out enough, thank you." She replied quickly, not wanting him to think that she had no life, which was absolutely true. He sat beside her, and Leah smelled alcohol on him. Not a bad smell, but strong enough to know that he had definitely had a few tossed back that night. "Have a wild night, then?"

Ioan grinned lazily. "Not wild enough" he murmured. Ioan was no longer going home with any woman that would have him, but he sure missed those days. Now, he was trying to be a better man so that Adrianne would stick by him. They'd already agreed to marry but he knew that she was still suspicious about his nocturnal habits. He knew she had every reason to be wary about trusting him but it didn't make it any less annoying on him to not be trusted.

Grateful for the dimness of the lights, Ioan pulled out his wand and summoned a glass toward him and then used another spell to make ice cold water appear inside. He could feel the beginnings of a hangover and it always made his eyes more sensitive to the light. As the glass settled itself on the table beside him, Ioan shrugged out of his jacket and tossed it onto the back of the couch. Underneath he was wearing a t-shirt and jeans . He picked up the glass and then settled back into the cushions. Taking a long sip, Ioan smiled as he gave Leah a sideways glance. "Ah...so you aren't always home then? And where do you go when you head out Leah?" he mused with a smirk on his face as he settled his arm on the back of the couch.

Leah smirked at his comment. He was certainly a ladies man, and his charms were most definitely not wasted on her. He was a very attractive man and she knew that he could get any woman he wanted. "And what is that supposed to mean?" She asked him curiously, knowing exactly what he meant.

"I..I.." She tried to formulate a response quickly and accurately. "I go for walks." She finally said, speaking truthfully. It was true, she went on many walks, but was that really going out and having fun? She flushed a little, feeling a bit embarrassed about not having a life. And suddenly, she saw something that tore her out of her thoughts. Ioan took off his jacket, and a flash of ink on his arm sped past her. Leah reached out her hand and grabbed onto his wrist turning his arm up. "I knew it." She muttered, meeting his eyes. She was pleased with her findings. Knowing that Ioan was a deatheater as well as she was something that made her happy indeed.

Ioan had a remark on his lips at Leah's comment about walking, but stopped when she grabbed his wrist. Curses in both Romanian and English flooded his head as he realized that he'd forgotten to disillusion his tattoo before he'd entered the house. He had been hanging out with a fellow death eater in a death eater haunt so there had been no reason for him to hide it there. Drunk or not, he should have remembered though. Even though the damage had already been done, Ioan pulled his wrist from Leah's grip. His mind slowed and he struggled to think about what he should do to her since he knew he certainly couldn't allow her to simply know his secret. Memory charm?he thought to himself unable to bring his eyes to hers.

When she muttered, 'I knew it,' Ioan looked up at her with surprise. Maybe she can be reasoned with, Ioan thought to himself, remembering the times that Leah had shown her own dark side. He had always suspected that she had interest in the dark arts as well and her lack of surprise was something that he could hopefully use to his advantage.

"Leah" he began, his blue-green eyes conveying the seriousness of what he was about to say. "I need you to just forget what you saw. Please." he pleaded and then grimaced when he thought about what he would have to do if she wasn't willing to do that. Ioan had just been inked only a year ago, but he had worked hard on his reputation amongst the death eaters and knew that allowing his secret to be revealed was a huge mistake. There was already enough suspicion in the wizarding community after Scott Anderson's death, and to have someone who wasn't a death eater know about this was serious.

Leah could see the fear in Ioan's eyes and sense the confusion emitting from his body. He did not know that she was a deatheater in training and here was the perfect opportunity to reveal her short kept secret. It was exciting to finally confirm what she suspected all along. Ioan was a deatheater. He was on her side of things, and now was the time to let him know.

"I can't forget that, Ioan Finch." She told him, a smile playing at her lips. "And you're about to find out something that I have been wanting to tell you for a while. I'm a deatheater in training." There, perhaps he won't kill me now. She was feeling very light hearted at this moment. After several weeks of deep depression she could now share something with someone, something that she wanted to talk about.

Ioan's head dropped as Leah said she couldn't forget what she had seen and his hand gripped his wand tightly. As she continued to speak, he looked up slowly, his eyes narrowing as he saw a smile on her lips. He couldn't understand why she was taking this so lightly. Does she understand the position she's put me in? he wondered to himself. Ioan was so lost in thought that he barely heard her words and it took a few seconds for the words to go from his ears and seep into his consciousness.

With a deep look of intensity, Ioan gazed at Leah with his deep blue-green eyes. Leah, a death eater? he marveled, trying to consider whether she was lying to save her own arse or if she was telling the truth. He considered everything she'd said and hinted at.

Leah's mood seemed to improve dramatically after she'd revealed her secret, and in the end that was what convinced him that she was in fact one of them. "I'd wished you'd told me before..." Ioan said gently, his grip on his wand easing and his face lightening up as well. "I should've known though. It explains why we get on so well" Ioan added as their relationship began to take on a new image in his mind. It made much more sense now. Ioan had always wondered why he was so drawn to the young woman and now he knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back