Whoops!

Elspeth Brookes

OOC First Name
Ceara (Melissa)
Wand
Willow wand, 14" with Unicorn hair
Elspeth put her food down at the able, but as she turned to sit down, she caught her shoelace, and faceplanted onto her toast. She sat up, used to it, and tried to wipe the mess off her face. She had been worried, walking from the Tower, that no one would talk to her. Now it was even more unlikely. And she needed more toast. The day had certainly started off well.​

Amélie was eating breakfast at the Ravenclaw table. She saw Elspeth, one of her roommate, approaching with toasts, try to sit and..... fall. After the few seconds necessary to see if her classmate was okay, Amélie started to laugh, and laugh, and laugh! The comical effect was accentuated even more when Elspeth acted like nothing happened while removing pieces of toast from her face.
"Hahahaha, thank you, thank you so much! You just made my day! I haven't laughed this hard since I arrived here!" Amélie said, trying to catch her breath.
"Here, you can take my toasts, I wasn't going to eat it anyway"

Elspeth looked over to see Amelie laughing hysterically. It took her a moment to realise why. When she commented on Elspeth's fall, Elspeth replied sheepishly, "Yeah, I'm a klutz. I barely notice when I fall over now. The funny thing is that when I'm dancing, which I love, I'm really coordinated!" She accepted the toast Amelie handed her gratefully. She tied her shoelace up quickly, and started eating. "So, are you enjoying Hogwarts? I was homeschooled, so it's weird, having a lot of people around. It used to just be me and my Mum."
<i>
</i>

Amélie had seen Elspeth fall a few times before and wasn't surprised when she admitted being a klutz.
"Yes, I enjoy it, even though I find it a bit scary, I don't know anything about magic and I'm always afraid to do something wrong. I've never been to a boarding school, it's weird not coming home to my family every day. I guess it's even weirder for someone who was homeschooled. How is it by the way? In France very few kids are homeschooled, isn't it kind of lonely?"

Amélie chuckled "It's not the first time someone ask me this, and I still don't know what to answer! Since I moved to New-Zealand my whole life has been changed and it's more due to the fact that I discovered that I was a witch than to the fact I moved. So honestly, I don't know what "normal life" is supposed to be here. Anyway, I enjoyed living in France, I lived in a small town where we had a quiet life. The most disturbing thing here to me are the seasons, I have a hard time realizing August is in winter and December in summer!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back