Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Redwood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Beau Chamberlin had his camera with him as he walked the grounds. He really loved being back in Hogwarts New Zealand, even if he couldn’t remember half the people here. After all, he spent some time away, and before that, he sort of only had Accio! and that was all he did. So, he was going to make his final semester count. He wanted to graduate with magical learning, opposed to what he had over in Christchurch. He managed to figure out how to write to his friends though. After all, he would have to send the owl to his parents, and they would have to hand deliver the letters. He just had to remember to write in pen and paper, not parchment and ink. Muggles might find that to be rather weird after all.

The Ravenclaw knelt down when he saw some flowers, and started to take some photos. He might not be in the yearbook anymore, but he loved taking pictures still. Anything to do with art, he still adored. It was just a bit too late for him to join any clubs. Was it maybe a mistake coming back here in the middle of the year? Maybe. Beau just didn’t make up his time enough. He was pretty much in league with the other students his age, though he thought that he might have an upper hand in nonverbal magic. The only issue was that he didn’t know wandless magic very well, which might have come in handy when a bee landed on his camera, causing him to yeet it several feet. “Oh… Crap…” Now, where did that camera go?

Flynn didn't often find himself in the Hogwarts gardens. It was not like he really cared much for nature or for plants. The fact he had dropped Herbology the absolute second he could probably gave that away. And yet, there he was in the gardens. Not that he was planning on sticking around for long, he was only hoping to bump into Ivy. He'd been looking all over the castle for her and had been hoping she might just be out here for some reason. But, apparently, he was right out of luck. Deciding that he couldn't see her absolutely anywhere, Flynn was more than happy to just head back to the castle. Maybe he could check the library again.

It was only luck that he managed to see the camera heading right for his head. He only just managed to duck out of the way, all that practice ducking out of the way of bludgers coming in useful as the camera flew right over his head and landed just a little bit behind him. Flynn turned, staring at it on the ground for a moment before he looked up, eyes landing on an unfamiliar boy. "Dude, what the hell?"

Beau let out a sigh and started to look for where he threw that camera of his. After all, a bee landed on it, and bees were absolutely scary. They could sting him! And they hurt a lot! Thank Merlin that he was not allergic to them though. Beau did not see the other boy say anything, so he kept his eyes on the ground, and found the camera. He saw a shadow and looked up, before dusting off his camera. He gave the Gryffindor a broad smile. “Hi!” With his word alone, it was easy to tell that he was hearing impaired with the accentless tone that people like him carried. What was worse was that he had no idea that his camera almost hit him. He held the camera at his side, and decided to explain why it was on the ground, and why he was looking for it. “I threw this by accident. A bee landed on it while I was taking pictures, and I panicked. I’m just glad that I didn’t hit anyone with it.” That would have been so embarrassing, and if he had, he would want to crawl under a rock.

Was this kid just ignoring him or something? He hadn't even reacted when Flynn called out to him, or even apologized for just chucking a camera right at his head. And Flynn was absolutely not impressed much by that. Wasn't it just normal behavior to say sorry to someone you had almost smacked in the face with a camera, accident or not? And then the older-looking boy was in front of him and Flynn scowled, folding his arms across his chest as he looked at him pick up the camera and straighten up. And then the Ravenclaw actually started speaking and the sixth year frowned. There was a rather... strange accent to his words, and Flynn had a feeling he knew why that was. But still, being deaf didn't excuse you from throwing things at people. "Don't you have something else to say?" He asked, giving the boy an almost expectant look. "Like.... sorry for throwing my camera at your face?" Flynn didn't even know if this boy could understand what he was saying or not, really, but he was not leaving without some form of apology.

Beau looked absolutely confused. Was the boy mad about something? Did a bee fly near him too? Nah, that would be too much of a coincidence. He glanced at the boy's lips and read them. Then Beau turned crimson. So, he did almost hit someone! Oh no, how could he have done something like that! Beau set the camera down so that he could speak, though he signed at the same time out of habit. "I am terribly sorry! I would have apologized first thing if I had known!" Beau gave him a smile, which showed that he was sincere about the entire thing. He really felt bad. What if he had hit the student in the face? He added, "It isn't an excuse but rather an explanation. I'm not always aware of my surroundings. I am deaf. So, it was definitely not on purpose. I'm not a bully or anything." Plus, he had a bit of a throw. If he did want to hit someone in the face, he probably would not have missed... But he was not going to say that. "I'm Beau, by the way."

(I'm so sorry I just forgot about this whoops)

Just as he expected, the boy was deaf, which was made quite apparent when he started signing along with what he was saying. But that didn't make much of a difference to Flynn, he was still quite bitter about the fact some kid had thrown a camera right at him, on accident or not. "You still should be throwing stuff around in the first place," he huffed, even if it had already been explained to him it was an accident. "It's just a bee." What was the bee going to do? Sure, he knew some people were allergic to bees, but he didn't think chucking your camera was going to help. If anything, it was just going to make the bee more pissed and more likely to sting you. "Just watch out next time, alright?" If there was even going to be a next time, Flynn didn't think bees landing on cameras was a very common occurrence.

Beau gave a light shrug of his shoulders when he was told that he shouldn't be throwing stuff. He was a little confused since he had explained why, and how it was an accident, but the boy kept going on about it. Maybe it was best to fake that he didn't catch what the boy said via lip reading. It was quite easy for him, and learned that smiling and nodding helped him out frequently. Even if it were just a bee, they still hurt when they stung, so he wasn't about to risk that. There was a reason why Beau was not a Gryffindor. No bravery really. Beau nodded, "Of course! I'll be careful on where I accidentally toss things." While it likely won't happen again, Beau decided that this was likely not going to go anywhere. He gave the Gryffindor a small wave, and walked back toward the castle, well away from all of the bees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back