Who would have thought

Raff shook his head slightly. "No its normally quite easy, which is why I find it odd that Im struggling." He admitted with a soft laugh. He then had time to accept her answer for what it was. She didnt like flying, well there was one similarity they had. Raff liked his feet firmly on the ground. He had no time to further ponder the answer when Hadan spoke again. "No, not at all." He said shaking his head again, knowing the statement was honest. It was nice to talk to someone, that had at least some understanding of what he was going through. Not even his parents had answered back to his owls. He assumed they were busy.

This news made Hadan stare at him with a blank expression with a hint of curiosity. Hadan wondered why. Was it because she was albino? Or just strange? Maybe he wasn't used to talking to girls. Or girls like her. Hadan mused, "I wonder why that is. It rather peeks my interest greatly." She glanced back up at the sky, and smiled once more. Her face was absent of any color, which made her deep ruby eyes stand out even more. And it also made her lips look slightly pinker, even though they were pale to begin with. Hadan breathed, "That's good to know." She knew herself that she was not dull. Well, not when she was actually feeling emotions and anger. Yet, right now, she was perfectly at peace, and it was relaxing. Even if she was in the presence of a Ravenclaw boy. At least she was comfortable around him. And that took a lot to admit.

Raff wasnt sure if her comment was a question or a statement. What could he say to that? Because he didnt really know why he couldnt talk to her. Raff had had two serious girlfriends back in France that had lasted quite a while and one not so serious one before that. Why was it that he couldnt seem to make conversation with a girl he had just met. They werent on bad terms or anything. Raff decided not to think to much about it and simply shrugged at her comment instead. "Mine too." He said, scrunching up his brow, before realising he had told himself not to think about it.

He looked back at her and smiled. There was something definatly different about her, but what it was Raff couldnt put his finger on it. It wasnt a bad difference, mind you.

Hadan thought intently about how to make it less hard for him. She glanced at him to see the smile, and she smiled back, subtle and sweet. Hadan was a unique girl, one who has been through Hades and has overcome some of the harshest obstacles a girl can go through. And yet, she remained strong. Hadan came up with something. "Well, maybe if you knew a little more about me other than that I don't like flying and I'm in Slytherin, then maybe it might make things easier on you." Hadan gave a light shrug of her shoulders. She glanced back up at the sky, and said, "If you want to, ask me anything you wish." Though some things, she might not be able to go into detail about. She preferred to not be an open book.

Raff raised his eyebrows as he lifted his eyes skyward again. Perhaps that would make things easier, but he just wasnt sure what to ask. He thought it for a moment, then came up with something simple. "Alright, start with an easy question." He said with a small laugh, thinking playing 'get to know you' with a Slytherin was much better than studying for owls. "What year are you in?" He asked, curious about how old the girl was. He did have a few other questions in mind, but speaking to someone you dont know well can be a touchy thing to do, so he had to be careful about what he asked.

Hadan wondered what the next question was. It would be something easy to answer, after all, they had just met. Just how far am I willing to answer, though? she mused in her mind. Hadan nodded, laughing in her mind when she did. She glanced over at him, when the first question was asked. Hadan smirked slightly, "Too easy, actually. Anyways, I'm in my third year. But, I should be in my fourth. Family happened and I had to be held back." Hadan sugar coated it, just in case it was too much information. She was fifteen, and she looked it. It was nice, looking like her age. She was two years off from being an adult, and she could not wait to perform magic outside of school. By then, she would be in her fifth year.

Raff nodded. "Same with me." He said. There was another thing they had in common. Wait, when did Raff start tallying what they had in common? "Im in my Fifth year but I should be in my Sixth." He said, annoyed by the concept that he had to repeat his owls. Although maybe it was good that he enjoyed school work. It didnt bother him as much as it might have someone else.

He looked at Hadan with a small smile. "Okay, you ask something. Im open to any questions." He admitted.

Hadan laughed softly, and turned her body to the side, so that she was facing him. She propped her head up to stare at him for the question thing going on to assist him on being more comfortable. Hadan wondered if everyone felt like that around her. She nodded, "How odd, both of us having to be held back a year..." Her ruby eyes gazed at him in wonder, never had she met someone that has been held back like she. Though for probably different reasons. Hadan thought for a moment, not knowing what to ask him. She closed her eyes for a moment, before opening them back and inquiring, "Okay, I got one. If you were an animagus, what animal do you think you would be?"

Raff grinned lazily as she said it was both odd for them to be kept back. In a way it was. Raff thought it was incredibly rare to be held back. It was only because when he applied for Hogwarts he was still 15, but he actually turned 16 before he arrived at the school. Either way it didnt matter, it was yet another thing he had to deal with.

Her question came unexpectedly. Raff had never given it much thought. What would he be? He furrowed his brow slightly. "You know, Ive never really thought about it." He pondered for a few moments further then it clicked. "Im not sure. Can I just say Fox, considering thats my last name?" He asked with a laugh. Although he was anything but a fox. He wasnt sly or devious. In fact he was rather honest and true. "What about yourself?" He questioned, wondering if she had an actually answer, unlike his failed attempt.

Hadan was glad that she had an early birthday in the year, but that would make her seem like she was older than some of the students by two year. Close to it, give or take. Hadan presumed that Raffael was sixteen or seventeen since he was held back. Her white fingers traced the grass for a moment, feeling the texture. Hadan glanced up at him to receive his answer. Or rather, attempt for one. Hadan laughed softly, and shrugged, "I guess you can. Though you aren't sly, or else you would be in Slytherin... Assuming that it is a trait of my house." Hadan rolled her eyes slightly. Hadan thought for a moment, before she mused, "Crow." Hadan thought of reasons on how to explain. She then found the right words, "A crow because some people fail to see the beauty in those black birds and misjudge them, like most people do me." Hadan was not looking at him she explained this to him. She was watching the grass beneath her fingertips, before slowly looking at Raffael.

Raff nodded his head with a light laugh in agreement to her statement. He couldnt picture himself in Slytherin at all. It just wasnt him. Ravenclaw seemed to fit him perfectly. Raff glanced over the edge of the cliff, noting it was quite a long way down. He let his eyes raise slowly to the horizon, before they drifted back up to the clouds above him. His eyes didnt stay too long on the sky however as Hadan began to talk again. He was taught to always keep his undivided attention on whoever was speaking. It was a good lesson learnt though. A crow? He thought the answer slightly strange because he couldnt see how the girl in front of him could ressemble a crow. Her explanation however made Raff change his mind. Her logic made perfect sense and Raffael found himself smiling. "Wow, you made my answer look pathetic." He admitted jokingly, before his eyes turned serious. "People shouldnt judge you though. Not when I see absolutely nothing wrong with you." He couldnt help but pull his eyes away at that statement, he let them drift to the horizon instead.

Hadan knew perfectly well that she belonged in Slytherin. The real traits were in her. She was cruel when she wanted to be. She was intelligent, perhaps in more than just her own way. She was sly and cunning, but also loyal to those she respected. Hadan was not 'evil'(More like want to be evil because Hadan knew what evil was, because of Asparuh) or 'glamorous' like the two groups that seem to be in Slytherin now. It disappointed her, though she did see some potential in some of the people in her house. Hadan grinned, when he said that she practically ran his answer into the ground. "It's fine. Just think over it sometime." Her ruby eyes stared once more into his, and when they turned serious, she prepared to listen automatically. Hadan sighed and stared at the ground for a moment. Hadan smiled, her eyes still on the ground, "That doesn't stop people from judging. But what you said, it does mean a lot. It tells me a bit more than just that, but it also reveals to me that you are indeed different from the other Ravenclaw boy I met." She was relieved that he did not just judge by appearance or house. Though in the past, she was a bit...cruel. But now, she was just Hadan.

Raff made a mental comment that he would have to think about what he would be if he were an animagus. He could never know for sure, because he knew that no one could choose what they became when they learned to be an animagus, but maybe he was just taking things too literally like a classic Ravenclaw, it was very easy for Raff to believe things he was told. Although he was a Ravenclaw, if someone he cared about admitted something to him, he would take it literally. His parents being a classic example. They barely cared about Raff, but because they said they had, he was convinced they loved him more than anything. For a kid that knew alot about the world, he knew very little about his own feelings.

"Whoever this Ravenclaw guy is-" Raff said, looking back into the ruby eyes of the girl in front of him. "-I'd like to knock some sense into him." Raff said, even though he knew it wasnt completely true. He wasnt a fighter, but it didnt mean he wouldnt give this guy a serious talking to about judging people before he knew them.

Hadan couldn't help but laugh a bit, when she heard him. She shook her head and stated, "That's not necessary Raffael." Hadan wondered if she ought to tell him that he did in fact have every right to judge her. She wasn't exactly a nice girl back then. "Raffael, he did have a right to judge me then. I wasn't at all that nice. I was actually... Mean. But if he were to judge me now, then I'll refer him to you." Hadan did not like to dwell in the past, but look forward to the future and all the glory it had. Hadan wondered what he had to say after revealing a tiny bit of her past to him. She was feeling rather comfortable around him, and thought that he had a right to know as well. The way she used to be but surely is not like that now.

Raff let a small smile reach his face at her comment, but he wiped it off when she said his name again and begin to explain to him that the boy had a right to judge her. He couldnt see how she could be a mean person, but he knew everyone changed. No one was the person they were in the past. "Well, the past is the past and your cleary not that person now so it should be forgotten about." Raff grinned, looking into her eyes. He held the gaze for a while then let it slip to the horizon. He raised a hand and ran it through his neatly styled hair. He didnt know why he wore it like that. Force of habit maybe. His parents would shout at him if it was anything but perfect, but when he was alone he would mess it up because he hated it being perfect. Ruffling it slightly, he pulled his hand back down behind him.

Hadan smiled to herself, and stared up at the sky for a moment. This boy was rather different than the others, and he was someone that she could see herself socializing with more often than not. Hadan held to his gaze for a moment, and turned away when he did. "Clearly I'm not or else I wouldn't be here talking to you now. I have walked from my past. I guess some would call it 'evolving' but I say that I have merely 'grown up'." Hadan smiled once more, and returned to laying on her back, this time with her arms folded behind her head. Hadan glanced at him ruffling up his hair, and only thought Boys. She rolled her eyes playfully and stared up at the sky once more. "Have any more questions? Or has the feeling of uneasiness left you yet?" She was referring to his earlier problem, of course.

Raffael smiled, knowing how much her statement screamed the truth. Everyone grew up at some point and sometimes Raff thought he was still yet to. Sure, he felt grown up because he had been through quite a lot and he knew responsibility and everything, but he never felt completely satisfied with himself, so he knew he was yet to change.

Raffael shook his head at her next question. "Yeah, its gone." He said with a grin. It wasnt awkward like it had been moments ago and Raff wasnt finding it difficult to make conversation. At least now he knew there was nothing wrong with him. He had been a little concerned for a moment there at his inability to make conversation. "You know your only the second person I've had a decent conversation with." He admitted absently with a small laugh, now choosing to shift himself and lie back on the grass also, staring up into the sky.

Hadan wondered about the shapes of the overcast. It was such a beautiful sky, covered in clouds as though they were whispering warnings about the coming rain. This brought warmth into Hadan's body, for when the weather was like this, she could go outside like a normal, everyday person. Hadan wondered what the deal was with his uneasiness. But her mind didn't ponder on that at all. Hadan laughed sweetly, and mused, "I do believe that you are the only male in the school that I can converse with." Her mind wondered to the holidays. Where she will spend them... She wondered if she would attend the Yule Ball, but like always, she doubted it and would skip it for a night venturing to the Forbidden forest. Hadan was not too sure of her plans of the moment.

Raffael was still looking at the sky when she answered. He glanced sidelong at Hadan and chuckled lightly. "Should I be honoured?" He joked, wondering whether or not he was fully joking as he said that. Something inside him felt pleased with her answer, but he disregarded it as nothing. Instead he focused on the sky and secretly hoped it would rain. Raff loved standing in the rain, his parents never approved of him doing so. But when Raff was a kid and his Mum and Dad werent at home and the rain was pouring down he would run into his backyard and jump in all the puddles. Darting back inside for a shower before his parents came home so they wouldnt find out.

Hadan thought for a moment, hesitate about answering. Laughing a bit, she shrugged, "Feel as you please I guess. I do have a close male friend, but he is a Quidditch player and loves only boys last time I checked. You and Dietrich are the only ones." Hadan felt somewhat pleased about Dietrich being a close friend of hers, and knew everything there was about her. Hadan glanced over at him, smiled inside her mind, and back up at the sky, just in time to receive a raindrop land on her cheek. Her fingers brushed against it, and she murmured, "Like a wish came true." Hadan sat up a bit, and leaned on her arms as it started to sprinkle. She teased slightly, "I hope you don't mind rain. I love being out in it."

Raff nodded, although he wasnt sure Hadan saw it, he didnt really know how to reply to Hadan's comment about her other guy friend that only liked guys so he stayed quiet. Nothing needed to be said anyway. Instead he kept his eyes on the sky and the clouds that seemed to be getting thicker every minute.

He turned to face Hadan as she spoke, not sure what she was talking about and was then hit with a drop of water near his eyebrow. He suddenly realised what she meant. He turned his head to face the sky again as he felt a few more drops. "I love the rain too." He said, shutting one eye after a drop landed in it. He then shut the other as the rain got heavier, not caring about his clothes or anything really for that matter.

Hadan stared up at the sky, grateful that it was only rain and not a storm. She couldn't hear any thunder, so that was a good sign. Hadan was terrified of thunder. Lightning, she could handle, but never the thunder. Hadan closed her ruby eyes and smiled to herself. These robes of hers did not mean much to her. If she were wearing her velvet robes, then she would have to go inside. However, this was not the case. Hadan released her hair from the ribbon, preferring it to be free when she was outside in the rain. Hadan glanced back at some students running inside or to shelter. Hadan laughed, "Seems like we might be the only ones right now who adore such sad weather." She rolled her eyes, and rested her head on her hands again, laying down on the grass. She closed her eyes and allowed the tears of heaven wash over her.

Raff watched as Hadan released her hair from the ribbon that held it together and he sat up again, feeling the rain fall on his hair. He ran a hand through it, messing it up further. He was smiling and turned to face Hadan when she spoke, he looked up to the people she had talked about running inside and he chuckled. He saw girls clutching their hair hoping it wouldnt get wet and he shook his head, girls. He thought, before looking at Hadan. There was something different about that girl, but it wasnt a bad thing. "Their loss." He admitted with a smile, closing his eyes and tilting his head up, letting the rain wash over his face.

Hadan watched him mess up his hair, and laughed in her hand, “You like your hair to messed up or something?” Hadan closed her eyes once more, and smiled at the sky. Even as wet with rain as she was, she still looked like a beauty. Hadan could hear some of the girls scream because they were getting wet or getting muddy. Hadan did not care. She liked the rain, and everything that came with it. “Rain, such a beautiful treasure. Though I will never understand why people run from it.” Hadan thought it was rather ridiculous, some people were. But she was different, and was proud of it.

Raff grinned at Hadan's comment about his hair. "I suppose. I wear it perfect out of habit-" He said, being careful not to mention his parents. "-its nice to mess it up occationally." He chuckled, thinking his answer was a little stupid, but he guessed it was the truth. He leaned back on his hands once more, glancing over at Hadan again when she spoke. "I cant understand it either." He said absently, realising he was smiling. He tore his eyes away from Hadan, who looked utterly peaceful in the rain. He looked over the horizon. The conversation was little, but it added to the relaxing feeling that washed over Raffael. Not even the sound of squeeling girls a distance away could disrupt the sound of the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back