Who would have thought

Hadan gave him an odd look, and laughed into her hand once more. “I guess it is. I just…wear my hair normal, or if I’m feeling lazy, I’ll put it back.” She was at peace, and loved the fact that the rain was giving her this. And Raffael was not even a burden. That was a shock. In fact, she guessed that he was adding to the feeling. Hadan had an idea, something that would seem fun, and wondered if he would go along with it. Hadan stood up on her feet, her clothing completely drenched. She took off the outer layer of her robes, revealing her black tank with the Slytherin crest, her knee length skirt, and her mid-calf boots. She dropped the robe to the ground. Hadan smirked playfully, “Hey, Raffael, ever danced in the rain? Or go puddle jumping?” Hadan glanced over to the side, and saw a few puddles. After all this, she would have to take a long, hot shower. But why not have some fun in the mean time?

Raff chuckled lightly, "Good to know your not a girl who obsesses over her hair." He said playfully. He once again raised his face to the sky, shutting his eyes. When he opened them next to look at Hadan, she had taken off her outer robes and was asking him if he had ever danced in the rain or gone puddle jumping. He grinned once more thinking about the times when he was younger. Peeling off his outer robes and chucked them on the ground. Now wearing black school pants, a dark blue collared shirt and his Ravenclaw tie. Loosening the tie and unbuttoning the top button of his shirt, he grinned again. "Are you kidding?" He said playfully. Before running over to a puddle and kicking it with his foot. He felt so childish, but he couldnt care less.

Hadan had to admit, she felt childish. But having fun was the biggest thing in life for her. Hadan wasn't the type to mind showing of her childish behavior when it rained. She adored the rain, and completely loses herself to it. Hadan only smirked at him when he playfully said something about her not obsessing over her hair. She could honestly careless about her looks. Even her ruby eyes were something she wasn't worried over anymore. And she did not care to reveal her legs or skin, no matter how white they were. Hadan laughed when he jumped into a puddle. Hadan rolled her eyes, "You call that a splash?" Hadan rushed over to a different puddle, and jumped in it. However, it seemed a lot deeper than she anticipated. The water went everywhere, including on her. Hadan laughed into her hand. Today turned out to be a lot funner than she ever thought it would.

Raff raised an eyebrow at her comment and laughed. He watched as she ran and jumped into a large puddle and threw his head back and laughed as water went everywhere. He ran to a larger pundle and jumped with both feet this time, watching the splash flick up at his legs, it wasnt nearly as big as Hadan's splash, but he was having fun. "You win." He said in his French accent as he kicked the water with his foot, making some splash over in Hadan's direction. He grinned as she laughed into her hand, vaugely thinking she looked cute when she did it. They were standing in the rain, their robes drenched on the ground, while they jumped in puddles and Raff hadnt felt so relaxed in a long time.

Hadan laughed once more, when he gave her the win. As a Slytherin, she was proud of that, and very competitive. However, she let out a gasp in shock when she felt water go all over her legs, and she narrowed her eyes at Raffael. "Hey! That's not right!" Hadan then kicked some in his direction, but not as much as he did her. It was a feeble attempt, but her boots did not have good traction. The ground was slippery, and she didn't want to end up falling and making a fool of herself. Hadan had a playful smirk on her face, as she moved her hair out of her face. The rain continued a steady pour, and Hadan wondered how long the fun got to last. Either way, they would have to savor every moment. Hadan did not know when the last time she ever puddle jumping with anyone, and did not dwell on it for too long.

Raff raised his hands at her words, but grinned as she kicked water at him in return. She really was pretty, Raff thought as she smirked and pulled the hair out of her face. He should have given her credit for that before. He walked leisurely over to another puddle and stomped in it, He tried to think of something to say to keep the conversation going and his mind presented him with the Yule Ball instantly. Looking up at Hadan, Raffael casually spread his arms, feeling the rain pour down on his open palms. "Are you going to attend this Yule Ball thing?" He asked a little curious to whether many people went to it or not.

Hadan hoped to Merlin that she did not catch a cold from all this. Though she was not prone to illnesses when it came to something as common as the cold. Hadan jumped into another puddle, with as much balance as ever, making sure that she wouldn't slip. Luckily, she didn't, but the puddle she was in was rather small. She did not travel too far from the Ravenclaw lad. Hadan paused jumping, and turned to stare at him, when he asked that question. Hadan shrugged lightly, "I was thinking about dropping by, but I'm not all that sure." Hadan glanced up at the sky and closed her eyes. She inhaled the sweet smell of rain. He is from Beauxbatons, so is probably curious about the ball thing. Not like I could give him answers, I always skip it for a walk in the forest. Hadan smiled at her thoughts. Perhaps dropping by to see her friends wouldn't hurt her too badly.

Raff kept his eyes on Hadan as she answered him. "Oh okay." He said simply, not sure why he was hoping she would be attending. He wasnt even going, so he had no reason to wish she was going. Shaking his head so that drops of water went flying Raff stilled his head then asked, "Have you been to one before?" He sounded just as curious as before, as he leapt to another puddle and cringed as he felt the water splash into his socks.

Laaaame. :doh:

Hadan jumped into yet another puddle and almost lost her balance. She steadied herself, laughed quietly, and hopped again. Her socks were drenched now, and Hadan didn't care. Hadan glanced once more at Raffael. He sure did take an interesting turn into the subject. Hadan laughed, and before she would question him about it, she answered, "Nope. I never really bothered. This is only my third year here." Hadan stopped splashing and looked at Raffael with a smile upon her lips. She inquired curiously, "Why the sudden interest in the Yule Ball?" Hadan smirked slightly, and rested her hand upon her hip. This had to be interesting why someone would randomly pull up a subject like that.

Raff continued jumping to a different puddle every now and again as he listened to Hadan explain, his utmost attention on her even as he jumped. He nodded when she said she hadnt been, but stopped jumping at her question. He shrugged and actually had to think about it. What was his reason for bringing up the subject? "I dont know much about it? Thinking it might be worth it to go..." He said, hopping over to another puddle, watching his feet as he did it. He waited a beat before saying, "I know we just met and all, but I dont know too many people here so... Did you want to go with me?" He said, kicking his foot in the puddle, his eyes still on his feet. "That is if your going." He said looking up at her finally with a small smile.

Hadan also continued jumping, but was rather slow with it. Goodness, she didn't want to fall. Hadan laughed softly to herself when she did jump and splash the water. Hadan paused when he did, and stared at him. He had to think about it? Wow, men are just so confusing. She thought with a tiny wisp of a smirk upon her lips. Hadan shrugged lightheartedly, "If you like getting dressed up and dancing." Hadan smiled naturally. She preferred to wear comfortable clothes, but if she wanted to stop by, she would force herself to wear something more presentable. Hadan was about to jump again, but he stopped her. Hadan stared over at him with a befuddled look upon her face. He wasn't looking at her either. Well, didn't that turn out a bit of a shock. Hadan smiled, "Sure, I'll go with you. As long as you don't do those silly dances." Hadan teased a bit, to lighten the atmosphere.

Raff grin widened when he wasnt regected. He laughed a little. "You can trust me when I say I wont." He said, somewhat wondering where all this had come from. One minute he didnt know why he was on the topic of the Yule Ball the next he had a date to it. Weird. Had that been his motive from the start, or was that random. Raffael had no idea. He looked up and noticed the rain wasnt pouring down as hard as it was before which was kind of a shame. He jumped to another puddle and lost his balance for a second, skidding slightly, before maintaining his composure. He blinked and then let out a chuckle.

Hadan had to admit, Raffael was cute, and would be a nice date to the Yule Ball. She laughed, "Fine, then I trust you." Hadan thought for a moment, she rarely said that. Let alone actually believed it. Dismissing the thought, she continued to puddle jump. She could feel the rain lighten, and she sighed. Such great weather can never last forever, can it? Hadan glanced up, and even the sky was lighter than before. Either way, she would have to head inside soon. If the sun came out, she would have to make like a vampire and vanish. Hadan's eyes were reverted to Raffael, seeing him almost lose balance. She laughed again, and remarked, "Almost lost it there!" Hadan slid out of the puddle, and retained her balance. She smirked at the Ravenclaw, and joked, "Though I probably would laugh if you fell."

Raffael laughed at Hadan's comment. "Nearly." He raised his eyebrow's and pointed his index finger in a mock-serious manner, before breaking out in small laughter again. "I would have laughed too. Its what I get for not being careful." He said. He had noted Hadan's grace as she jumped into the puddles before. Raff hadnt really cared too much, if he fell, he fell. Although he doubted he would, he had pretty good luck when it came to things like that. He looked up at the sky once more as the rain was only just spraying over them, the clouds starting to clear slightly as the sky became brighter. It really was a nice day today.

Hadan laughed as well, "That's why you should be more like me, and be careful." Hadan started to jump again, before losing balance herself and sliding on the ground. She met the ground on her back, and it took her a moment to realize that she had fallen. Hadan just laid there, before getting herself up, and shaking her head. "I just ate my own words." Hadan broke out into a smile, to show that she wasn't hurt, but inside, she was rather embarrassed. Hadan wondered if it was her lack of concentration that threw her off balance. She blamed it on the loss of traction. Hadan glanced up at the sky, and sighed, "If the sun comes out, that means that I have to go inside."

A grin reached Raff's face at her words, he then watched as she jumped again and lost her balance. It was quite a comical sight, but he didnt laugh, instead he took a few steps towards her, wondering if she was okay. She stood up and smiled. "That you did." He let out a small chuckle, glad she wasnt hurt.

He stepped back and walked over to his discarded robes. He picked them up with two fingers and a thumb, before letting them drop to the ground. They were well and truly soaked. He guessed he wasnt in much better condition either. It then occured to him that he had to walk through the halls like this. All the way up to the Ravenclaw Tower. Turning around when he heard Hadan speak again he looked up at the sky when mentioning the sun. He wondered for only a moment before realising Hadan's skin would probably be extremely sensitive to the sun. He nodded, vaugely realising he was shivering. "Might be a good idea to go inside soon regardless, before we both get sick." He said, rubbing bicep slightly.

Hadan rolled her eyes playfully, but she took note that he did not laugh right away. And he actually took a few steps toward her. Hadan thought it was sweet, but she did not say this out loud. She would probably be 'flirting' as some would call it. Though Hadan had no idea whether she was or not. She simply stared at Raffael for a moment, before going to her own robes. She picked them up, and the coldness got to her. She shuddered, and put her robes onto her lower arm. They were quite heavy with water, but she could easily handle it.

Hadan laughed, "We will look rather interesting, walking down the hallway dripping wet." She had to go to the dungeons, and it was chilly enough down there. Hadan ran her fingers through her hair, moving it from her face once more. She smiled warmly, "I hardly get sick. Haven't been in years, but I guess I shouldn't risk that, and nor should you." She approached him, and stared up into his eyes. Hadan murmured, "I had a wonderful time. I haven't had that much fun in forever, it would seem. I was completely wrong about you." Hadan thought that he would be a stuck in the library type of Ravenclaw that would judge this albino Slytherin just by the robes. But no. He wasn't like that.

Raff chuckled. "At least you only have to go to the Dungeons. I have to walk all the way up to the Ravenclaw Tower." He noted, trying to be serious, but failing. Hadan's smile was just too off-putting and as she approached him his grin only seemed to widen. "I had a good time too. Its not every day you get to jump in puddles with a Slytherin." He winked, using the label jokingly. House stereotypes were far too over-rated in his opinion. "Im glad you were wrong about me." He said, his smile warm and his emotions reaching his eyes. He bent down and picked up his robes again, guessing they should call it a day. The noted the rain had stopped and the clouds were slowly clearing. "Come on." He said the smile still on his face, as he cocked his head towards the school, intending to walk with her until they were forced to go their seperate ways.

Hadan pointed out, "Yes, but the dungeons are a lot colder too." She smirked slightly, but the smile remained. She couldn't help it. Not around him, and it was rather confusing. But Hadan just stared up at him. She laughed at his remark, and she countered, "Well, I never expected to have so much fun with a Ravenclaw." Hadan's smirk revealed that she was kidding. If he could do it, so could she, in a joking manner of course. Hadan took a step back so that he could retrieve his robes. "I guess first impressions are often wrong." She laughed softly into her hand that wasn't carrying her robes. Hadan did not want to call it a day, but she needed a hot shower. And a change of clothes! Hadan smiled, "Fine, aren't you in a rush." She smirked and started up toward the castle.

Raff tilted his head. "Touche." He said with a smirk. He chuckled lightly at her comment, all traces of previous awkwardness was lost and he wondered how he struggled with conversation in the first place. He nodded when she spoke of first impressions, knowing it was completely true.

As he walked towards the tower he grinned over at Hadan. "Well yes I do believe I am. Its rather cold." He said, aware of his shivering, he wanted to get a shower in before his teeth started chattering.

Hadan smiled over at Raffael, and felt the urge just to nudge him when he smirked. She thought that today was a rather nice day, to have gained a new friend, not to mention a date to a ball that she had never really thought about going to in her slightest of dreams except for this year. Hadan for once looked forward to it. Hadan laughed, “Indeed it is. Though it was fun while it lasted.” It wasn’t long before they would depart. Hadan looked forward to seeing him again. Raffael was just too fun to just pass up as a one time friend.

Raffael listened as Hadan spoke, still continuing at the steady pace towards the school. "I agree." He said as they reached the entrance hall of Hogwarts. It was almost disappointing to have to go, but Raff was extremely cold and wasnt really looking forward to the walk all the way up to the Ravenclaw tower. He stuck by his opinion that Hogwarts should have elevators or something of the sort.

Raffael shot a grin at Hadan. "We should catch up again soon." He said, although it wasnt a question it was more a statement. He didnt think Hadan would object to it.

Hadan couldn't help but shudder once she felt the air of the school. She really needed to get out of these wet clothes. He would have to go to the towers, and she would have to descend to the dungeons. Hadan stopped walking and turned to Raffael. She smiled beautifully, "We should. Just not in such cold, wet clothing this time." Hadan wasn't much of a physical person, and would not touch the other person unless he or she did so to her first. Or unless they made her mad and forced her to make some unfortunate contact. Hadan moved her hair our of her face, and stated, "I'll see you around, Raffael." Hadan turned on her heel, and walked back toward the dungeons, only sparing one glance behind her when she descended the stairs.

Raff stopped when Hadan did and as he turned to face her his breath caught in his throat. Her smile in the light of the castle simply was that breathtaking. He smiled back and nodded sharply. "Definatly." He chuckled. He watched as she turned and began making her way in the opposite direction. He gave her a small wave, "See you Hadan." He kept his eyes on her as she turned around once before heading down to the Dungeons.

He turned with a small smile and began the walk to the Towers. Dispite his shivering, Raff found he wasnt that cold after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back