Unknown
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Heyy folks :D

Posting this topic because as I was making coffee yesterday morning, and your mind wanders when you're on autopilot, as it does. Anyway, when I was on autopilot, I was thinking about my character Archie here, and the question/idea popped into my mind of which of the 7 deadly sins he would represent, and by extension, which would each of my characters most closely identify with.

and I realised in my thinking, this could be a fun thread to post for others as well, for each of us to share which of the 7 deadly sins our character might represent and of course why it is fitting for them, and discuss why it is fitting and generally have fun character chats you know???

I did a search and couldn't see if anything like this had been posted before, I searched 'deadly sins' and '7 deadly sins' and then just 'sins' but couldn't find anything similar, so if this has been posted before and I somehow haven't found it, please link me to the thread so I can post there of course :devious:

Happy for all of the discussions, let's just maybe keep any 'lust' discussions intentionally very vague so we're keeping with the pg13 rule of course ;)

So of the 7 deadly sins: pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth.

Which would your character(s) represent and why?

Archie Renner: In general, I think Archie would represent gluttony, because he just always has too much of everything at once and doesn't know when, or how to stop and it is definitely a flaw of his, but also something I think can be positive in a lot of ways as well depending on the situation. He always has too much food, too many sweets, too much exercise, too much fun, loves his family and friends way too much, he's very much an all or nothing person in all aspects of his life and he is a glutton for everything so yeah, this is definitely fitting for him.

Knox Ivers: I think Knox would most closely represent Sloth since he has graduated from Hogwarts. This is because he spends his free time doing nothing, and wasting his time and while this does annoy him, he also hasn't made an effort to change it and cannot be bothered to make an effort to do so. He's just lazing around and watching his life pass him by at the moment, with no real aspirations or goals and to me this is very representative of sloth.

This is all I had really thought about for my characters but I may post later if I have more ideas about the others!

Oooooh this is a fun thing to think about thank you! My characters tend to have a lot of flaws to associate with sins so I have to resist the urge to say 'all of them at the same time, but watch out'. Thank you, overcomplicating brain. But let's see, at least for my students, maybe it'll give me some muse:

Renata Stepanova: this one's a bit harder because she's so blandly nice. It would've been envy but things turned out differently for her than I planned (I wanted her to be kind of like...a pathetic wet cat of a person but things like Quidditch RNG had different ideas). Maybe, quietly, pride? She talks herself down a lot and doesn't have a lot of faith in herself/is very quick to downplay her achievements and defer to others but deep, deep down there's a bit of an arrogant, conceited girl threatening to rear her head...

Aine Thompson: okay but like 'all of them' though??? Probably the major one is envy, though there's cases for all, especially wrath or pride. She has a tendency to compare herself to others and feel inadequate/have real imposter syndrome. Often in class she ends up feeling hateful that nobody else seems to struggle or question and hates that it appears like everyone else has it easier because she's a moody obnoxious teen. While she's not a bad person, she's does take on schadenfreude when she's not the one suffering misfortune sometimes. And she's motivated a lot by spite, so there's wrath for you, but I think envy wins out.

Yuelia Rossingol: This is a tough one...wrath in duels, for sure. :r I would've possibly said greed (or a lust for power, not a romantic desire). Or even pride. But thinking on it more, and if we want to get nitpicky possibly acedia as opposed to sloth - not so much laziness, more a lack of feeling. She did have goals and desires, but she sees them as a bit childish and while she still wants to be a powerful witch and practices spellcasting for it, she's also kind of 'what's the point' and doesn't feel enthused by anything.

Michael Watson: never done anything wrong in his life ever, but probably lust because, you know, straight teenage boy surrounded by attractive young women...he's not weird about it but he's only human. It's something he gets a bit distracted by. Kind of a lazy call but here we are. A bit of sloth too because he's not exactly lazy but he's a bit stagnant and adrift in his life and isn't exactly doing much beyond the bare minimum.

Dahlia Doherty: my poor neglected girl I struggle with muse for oops (she has the opposite problem of Renata in that things keep happening to make her miserable when she's supposed to be more peppy and then I don't want to write her). Sloth because she's kind of lazy? She and her sister envy each other - her sister isn't a witch and desperately wants to be one, and Dahlia would gladly swap and go be an ordinary muggle girl if she could. But maybe gluttony in the sense that she kind of wants the best of both worlds. Aine's kind of similar, but Dahlia really wants to make the most of it for more selfish reasons. Aine wants to have her cake and eat it too to generally improve everything not just for herself but everyone like her. Dahlia just wants to use things from both sides to make some money. Which, valid.

Oswald Brambleheart: Wrath. I mean, he's a nice kid, polite and well mannered, doesn't go out of his way to start fights (but won't back down from them), but there's a lot of anger and resentment built up in there he hasn't had much of an outlet for. I think it's the type of thing that'll bubble over more in his teenage years, especially with his insecurities about the whole part-goblin thing. He'd fall foul of envy as well but that stems a bit from wrath so I think that's a bit more clear cut than most of mine!

Audrey Beauchamp: all of them. No, but like, there's arguments for all of them. Same deal is Yuelia before I made her depressed but rather than lack of feeling Audrey could fit sloth due to being prone to boredom. I think (and totally not just to round out the seven) I'd probably give it to greed. I mean, her title for ages was 'poor little rich girl', after all. She has goals that she wants to attain, some tangible, some intangible, she has desires for power and knowledge to hoard which again could border lust, but she's also 12 lol.

This took ages and then I got most of the way through and realized I could tie each of my seven students to a different one. I also make some awful characters I guess. :r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back