Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Kalif II
Wand
Knotted 12" Flexible Chestnut Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Liusaidh had graduated the ceremony was over and she was waiting for Aonghas to be done wherever he was. It was nice to be done and free. To no longer had to think about which annoying class she'd have to interact with. She knew she'd probably miss quidditch a bit, but with an opportunity to play for a professional team, she was sure she could get her fill in. She knew she'd be working a little with her traitor brother but that would be fine, it wasn't going to be hard. But as she glanced at the milling students and their families she spotted a familiar enough face. "Where's yer da?" she asked him approaching with a smirk on her face. She hadn't missed seeing him over the last year, but it would be fun in her mind to see him again here and now. And of course to keep harping on about the same joke she'd made since they'd first met.

Kalif Styx the Second was not expecting to set foot in New Zealand more than just a handful of times, but while in Bulgaria, an invite came and it was addressed to Kalif Styx. Since Styx read it and handed to him, Kalif decided to take his place since it was not exactly specific for which one. So, there he was, back in New Zealand, and in Hogwarts no less to see Liusaidh graduate. He sat in the back, with his arms folded across his chest in nice, black robes. The head people were sort of boring, so he didn't listen much, but once everyone was starting to gather and move, he was approached with none other than a little joke by Liusaidh herself. He folded his arms across his chest and shrugged his shoulders, "You were not specific enough when asking for 'Kalif Styx'. Are you disappointed?" Kalif taunted her right back.

Liusaidh wasn't sure why she ended up smiling a little at his words. She hadn't been specific in it, no. But that didn't matter. "More surprised," she told him with a little smirk. Since really she'd done it as a joke, and had expected neither to show up. "I figured neither would show. But you must really like me, to accept such an invitation to my graduation. I'm so honoured," she replied putting on a falsely sweet tone and flicking her hair as she had seen others do when they were trying to impress stupid boys or other stupid girls. She just had to imagine there was another reason why Kalif was here, it simply couldn't just be because she'd invited his dad and gotten him.

Kalif was not entirely sure why she looked so happy. Smiling and all. It was not completely hideous, but it was enough to make him rather suspicious of her. And then her words made him roll his eyes rather obviously. "That is ridiculous and get that thought out of your head," Kalif unfolded his arms and reached out to poke her forehead as if she was behaving like a child. She was even doing the thing where people attempted to impress a crush, which plainly, did not work on him. But it still posed a good question. Why did he show up anyway? "I was taught to give to charity, so me showing up at your graduation is a clear indication of my good deeds for the year." Kalif figured that if she could really mess with him, then he could give it right back to her. After all, the man that raised him was sassy himself.

Liusaidh wasn't sure it was as ridiculous as he claimed. Especially as he touched her forehead. Certainly he pitched it out of kindness, charity, which felt a little silly. It was unbelievable that he might come to something like this, thinking it charity or kindness. "There are easier ways to give charity," she countered, not quite denying that could be the case, but her tone indicated a certain level of disbelief. "Why have you stuck around then?" she asked, "An act charity should have you leaving immediately, but you stuck around...did you want to talk to me," she teased lightly. She couldn't imagine he had any friends that were still at the school and he wouldn't care about the professors at the school either. He was here for her.

Kalif was feeling more and more tense, which reflected on his face. A similar, sour expression could easily be seen on his face which showed just how close he was related to his grandfather, as he wore that expression almost every day at Hogwarts New Zealand. It was worse that she didn't believe him - which honestly, he pulled the reasoning out of his rear. And then she started pointing out more things, and really putting him on the spot. He ran his fingers through his hair, and countered, "I was technically leaving but you approached me first, so I didn't want to be rude to someone else with a pure background, no matter how annoying they are." Kalif felt that was a good enough reason since he stood for what the entire family as for. A good impression had to be made. He had to get these questions off of him real quick. "You came over to talk to me... Wouldn't any beau of yours be jealous?"

Liusaidh felt sure that she had stumped him a bit. That she had caught it out a little. He had come to this for her, she just knew it. She felt sure of it. The newly graduated student glanced at him again and smirked. He wasn't too wrong, she had approached him first. Liusaidh had spotted him and gone over. But still, he'd just been standing there. She rolled her eyes at his statement. ”A beau?” Liusaidh laughed lightly. ”Is that why you're here?” Liusaidh replied with a little smirk. She knew that Kalif was single still, since even she would've heard if he had gotten married. ”Were you hoping to see if I was single? See if you had a chance?” She was joking with him a little, but for all her teasing of him, he was cute, and he had the status that none of the other boys in this school had. Part of her too assumed that were she to date Kalif - not that she was interested - it would absolutely piss Kalif senior off.

Kalif paused when she asked if that was why he was here. Seriously, was everything being turned against him, and how could he stop it? That was not the reason why he was here. He shook his head and shifted his stance, as he was made uncomfortable, and irritated, rather fast. "Absolutely not. I did not want the drama in case he came over and realized that I was superior to him and might steal you away." Kalif realized that it might still backfire on him, but it didn't matter since he was telling the truth. He was not willing to deal with the drama that might come with a jealous boyfriend. After all, if he had someone, he would likely behave the same way. Although, he did not have such insecurities that someone might try to steal his future away from him. It was all secure except one thing. Kalif scoffed, "I believe it would be vice versa. If I pursued someone, I get them. If you pursued me, I might consider you an option only because you are pureblood."

Liusaidh smirked at him, she was enjoying this, perhaps more than she might admit to him. Liusaidh wanted him to feel as awkward as he looked, because she didn't feel awkward in the slightest, she was enjoying making him squirm. She didn't particularly like thinking that she would date below her status. "Please, as if I would ever do that," Her brother did that, she would never. She wouldn't date below pureblood. She had only ever danced with one mixed blood and that was it. But the fact he even considered her an option. "So, I'm an option? You think I'm an option," Liusaidh giggled lightly. "If you wanted to see me, make sure I was single and then ask me out, then just ask."

Kalif could tell that she might be enjoying this a bit too much, just by looking at the smirk on her face. It was both irritating and amusing him, which was extremely confusing for him. He was still a little conflicted inside about it. Maybe a little relieved that she didn't have someone, for reasons that he would have to figure out on his own. But then she pointed out his own words, turning them around against him. He raised one of his hands to his temple to rub it since he was getting a headache from this all. "I said might, not definite. You are putting words in my mouth, Liusaidh." Kalif lowered his hand down, as she put him on the spot, yet again. Damn, she was real good at this. Maybe it was just that Scottish in her or something. Or women in general. He had little experience in both. "I did not come all this way to court you. That makes me sound desperate." Kalif paused and added, "You really are brazen, aren't you? I forgot how annoying you can be."

Liusaidh enjoyed annoying him a lot, but she knew if he did actually like her, she wouldn't say no. He was annoying, she loved messing with him, loved annoying his grandfather, but he was of a pureblood family of good status, she'd be mad to say no. She just smirked at him, and shrugged a little with it. But he didn't say that he wasn't interested in courting her....just that why would he have made such a journey to do it. "That's true, you could've waited like a week and then just casually 'run into me' to court me," Liusaidh wasn't even turning him down as she lightly teased. "You love it," she joked with a little wink. "Well, if you aren't here to court, then maybe I'll be off, my brother is about here somewhere,"

Kalif was really getting a migraine just talking with her and would need a potion when he got home. She pointed out how he could have waited a week and then try. The fact that she was even open to it explained how high up on the food chain he was. And he knew it. One would have to be mad or crazy to deny him. Her joking and winking at him made him roll his eyes. He raised a hand and said, "Hang on a moment before I leave." Kalif could not believe what he was thinking of doing. Maybe he needed to do more charity or something. He made sure his blonde hair was back and neat before he sighed, "Honestly, I don't even know what I am doing right now. I know what is required of me. If I am waiting for you at the train station when you get off the train, then you will know that I am there as more than an acquaintance. If I am not, then I'm just not." Kalif thought about it as he spoke, since one option he had was just to take her away with him, but that would be kidnapping and generally frowned upon in society. "Sound good?"

Liusaidh was about to take a step away from him, feeling perhaps a little victorious with how it had gone, when he stopped her. She stood up straight, watching him make his hair neat and feeling a little smirk on her features. What was required of him. She had always known and been okay with the fact that come this, her graduation, her goal was to at least bear a pureblood child. A partner was optional. She nodded lightly at him. "Sounds good Kalif," she replied, she knew it would be a good match for her family more than his perhaps, but if this didn't work out, her dad or Aonghas could arrange something. "I'll be seeing you soon then," she said, with a little wink before giggling lightly and heading towards where she was sure her brother was likely waiting for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back