OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
With only about three days left to spend in New Zealand Kat had one person that she wanted to see very very badly. It had been entirely too long since she'd actually seen Rhyspa and while she got letters and pictures from her best friend it still didn't fill the void of actually getting to see her. With a loud 'pop' the brunette apparated in front of her best friends home and raised her hand, gently tapping on the door.

Rhyspa had just finished feeding her son, Easton, lunch when she heard a knock on the door. Putting Easton in his play pen, she smoothed her hair and hurried to answer, unsure of who was at the door. Rhyspa opened the door to see none other than her best friend, Katalina Vanderhol. The young mother let out a girlish squeal and pulled the younger brunette into a bone crushing hug. "Merlin, Kat! I haven't seen you in ages!"

Kat practically squealed and clapped when her best friend answered the door. She and Rhyspa hugged each other until the other could hardly breathe. It saddened her that she hadn't seen her friend in such a long time, but giving the condition she had been in for a good portion of the last year, Kat would have been ashamed to let anyone see her in that state. When they released each other the brunette gave her friend a once over and said, "You my petite friend do not look as though you've ever had a child. You make me sick you know that right." Kat nudged her slightly and chuckled before adding, "So where oh, where is that gorgeous man of yours?"

Dominik had just arrived back home from running a few errands when he first saw a familiar face, but then heard the ear splitting squeal coming from both his wife and her best friend. He smirked as he walked up behind Katalina and he heard her comment. "Aw, well thanks Kat. Didn't know you felt that way about me. I think you're kind of gorgeous too," he said as straight faced as he could, quirking an eyebrow. He quickly gave the younger girl a friendly hug before gently kissing Rhyspa, first on the lips and then lightly on the forehead. He ushered the two females back into the house before closing the door behind them. Walking over to Easton's playpen he picked his son up, embracing him and saying, "How's my boy? Your mother has someone special she'd like for you to meet." Dom handed Easton over to Rhyspa after bouncing him around a little bit and making silly sounds at him. Anyone who would have known the former Durmstrang just several years prior would have never guessed that he would have behaved the way he did now, but he loved his family more than anything.

Katalina rolled her eyes and shook her head at what she heard her best friends husband say to her. Laughing she said, "Well thanks Dom...I suppose you did have a hand in making the little guy so we can say you're gorgeous too." She hugged him and then watched the affections he had toward his wife. She couldn't help, but smile as she thought about just how far he had come from that a$$ of a boy he had been once upon a time. When Dominik handed Easton over to her best friend, Kat's eyes glossed over as she looked at the beautiful baby boy.

Rhyspa grinned at Kat, "Well, I could actually do with a little weight gain. You, my dear, have a divine figure that I would love to have!" She knew Kat had always been self-conscience and Rhyspa didn't really know why because she had always thought her best friend was beautiful. Before Rhyspa had a chance to respond to Kat, her husband came up the walk, and answered Kat himself. Rhyspa smiled as Dom kissed her on lips and then on the forehead. The three then walked into the couples home and Dom placed Easton in her capable arms.

"Kat, meet your godson, Easton Blayne," Rhyspa smiled, handing the five-month old child to her best friend.

Kat smirked at her best friends comment about her figure and said, "I don't know if I'd call it divine, but...we'll just call it healthy which is all I can ask for right?" The brunette stretched out her arms and the small child willingly came to her, looking up at her like she was a completely odd creature he was absolutely fascinated with. His tiny hands shot straight for a lock of her hair pulling it towards his mouth. "You are just the most perfect little thing around, yes you are...yes you are," she cooed at her godson. Gently she bobbed around with the small bundle in her arms and he cackled a bit before reaching his slobbery little hand up to grab the tip of her nose then stuck his tiny index finger in her mouth. "Nummy, nummy...that's the sweetest little finger ever. Yes it is, yes it is," Kat continued to coddle and coo at Easton. "Chace Harker better be glad he's not here right now," the nineteen year old mused aloud with a grin.

Rhyspa watched as Easton instantly bonded with his god-mother. The young mother knew that if she and her husband ever departed this world early, that Katalina would be just the right person to raise their son. 'Spa looked over at her husband and smiled, grasping his hand and pulling him closer to her side. Rhyspa rested her head on Dom's shoulder and watched Kat and Easton, grinning as Easton's tiny hands made their way to the woman's mouth. "Speaking of Mr. Harker," Rhyspa began, "how are you two doing? Any plans in the near future?"

Dominik laced his fingers with Rhyspa's and wrapped his arms around her waist. As his wife rested her head against his shoulder he gently kissed her temple. "Who knew she could possibly have such a soft side," he whispered gently, not meaning it as an insult. He had just been so used to seeing Kat so fierce and tough that seeing her like this came as a big surprise. If only Nic could see her now he thought with a light chuckle as he awaited a response to his wife's question to her best friend. He knew that Kat and Chace had been together for quite a while and wondered what was taking the guy so long to finally make some sort of commitment to the brunette.

Kat continued to play around with the small baby in her arms. She could definitely get a little too used to this and couldn't wait for the day that she would have one of her own. The former Gryffindor had never really given much thought to it before now, but after this moment like this she knew that there were only two things she wanted out of life that would make her the happiest girl in the world. First, to be with Chace for the rest of her natural life and second, to have his children so they could be a happy family. Grinning down at Easton she murmured something unintelligible as she gave him an Eskimo kiss. Hearing her best friends words she sighed and said, "No plans. We've just both been so busy lately. We've mentioned it in passing, but I don't know if he wants to get married just yet." Kat looked up at her best friend, her face faltering for only a fraction of a millisecond before smiling brightly again and shrugged. "It'll happen eventually." She wasn't even sure if she believed that, but hearing it coming from her own lips gave her hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back