Where there's a will there's a way..

Carmen Peregrin

OOC First Name
Lin
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Carmen had struggled in some of her classes, enjoying them all immensely but still finding for the first time in her life that she actually had to practise and try exceptionally hard just to get a good grade. This irked her greatly as she had always been intelligent enough to slide by but then again she wanted more than that here, she wanted to be the best. Demanded no less from herself. She had her Charms and DADA books open infront of her and was attempting to do a few of the more basic spells, determined to get them right. She would go home with a report card full of straight O's if it killed her.

Raising up her wand she practised first the swish and flick method thinking how silly it looked but perhaps hers was too grandious. Reducing the movement, she surmised that it appeared a damn sight better. Flipping a page she read the summoning spell. Repeating it aloud until she figured she had the pronounciation down she decided to put it into practise.

A student walking by had a book sticking up from their bag. Carmen concentrated and using the 'accio' charm summoned the book as best she could.

akin walks out not wearing his uniform, he was wearing a long black coat with fur on the outerlining which was opening revealing his chest, also wearing black jeans, black shoes and black shades, as he stops his lifts his shades rvealing his pure silver eyes, he smirks as he walks over to the tree and leans against it

The charm failed and Carmen grew impatient as she tried it again, this time failing also. What was she doing wrong? Kneeling down infront of her book she flipped back and forth between some pages. Maybe this was why they preferred you stayed in a classroom setting to learn these things. Attempting it on her own just wasn't working out. She straightened up her back and ran her fingers through her long blonde hair, an exasperated sigh escaping.

It was then she noticed a boy leaning against a tree grinning in her direction. At least she thought it was in her direction. She looked about to make sure and noting she was the only one, she frowned. Did she know him? Carmen was usually a bit friendlier than this but after two failed attempts to what had appeared to be an easy spell, she was livid and now equally mortified to say someone had witnessed her failure.

"Can I help you with something?"

as he notice some girl speaking to him he smirks and draws out his wand and preforms the charm they had learnt the lesson the day before and smirks "if you cant learn this simple charm then you really think you will get anywhere?" he smirks not moving from the tree

Carmen bristled who did he think he was. She would of course get the charm right but for some reason it alluded her.
"I will get alot further than you" she glared for a moment before standing up straight. Her honey toned complextion radiated in the sun light and her hair fairly shined. The innocence of her appearance did not dictate that her mind was as sweet as she appeared to be. Carmen may not have been a pureblood but she came from pureblood stock, the daughter of the tenth earl of Peregrine she had rebelled for years against the haughty upbringing and yet it came to the fore now. Was she after all the Slytherin they had always professed her to be?

"Showing off is just that showing off. I do not practise to simply learn a spell I do it to master it".

he smirks, "id like to see the day a girl would better me" he says as he lifts his shades revealing his pure silver eyes, as he walks out from the shade of the tree the sun hit his pure white skin and he smirks

Carmen watched as he emerged from the tree, his eyes were silver and for a moment they almost mesmerised her. She had never seen anything like them before. Tilting her chin proudly she refused to back down. The fact that she was having trouble with one spell didn't mean she was having trouble with all of them.

"Well perhaps today is the day you met your match or better" she threw at him, "girls are known for being highly more advanced intellectually than their male counterparts. It should take you about another four years or so to catch up. Have fun with that".

"Muggle loving?" who did he think he was talking too, ok she didn't mind them so much preferred equal rights for all considering her mothers crazy family were muggles but that didnt' mean she was a muggle lover.
"bookworm? wow you are bright aren't you? Let me see you learnt those insults from Slytherin jackass 101. Grow up little boy, only the very stupid cling to the old ways" she knew this better than most, her proud pureblood grandfather nearly having a heartattack when she had announced that she wanted to be a Gryffindor. He was thrilled she had become a Slytherin and made sure never to mention her favourite choice if he could help it.

Avrille, in sheer boredom, was out and about the grounds of Hogwarts, finally getting used to the prospect of attending such a low life school, however she was not ready to stay here for all of seven years, she would not allow it. She had her wand tucked in her black robes and a large book open, yes it was a muggle book, but muggles often had better literature then wizards, they seemed to have a higher imagination and the author's seemed to give a higher discription then wizards and witches seemed to. This however did not mean that she respected or understood muggles or muggleborns, in fact the only one she did respect was her late father, Helmute Grinaes.

As Avrille came across two Slytherins, not looking at either, she over heard the conversation, she almost piped in when the boy said that a girl could not do better then he, which was incorrect, she knew that she was very intelligent, as were most girls she had met, boys however were immature, and quite lazy and stupid. When he called the girl a book worm, she turned on her heals, and walked towards the pair, her book closed with a snap as she faced the the boy. "Excuse me, ignorant little boy," she began with a false innocent tone to her Russian accent. "Their certainly isn't anything wrong with being a book worm, in fact most book worms are far better off in their lives in the future then those that slack off and do nothing, which if I'm not mistaken will be you," she snapped with malice, daring him to say anything futher, she wouldn't raise her wand, only an idiot first year would. They did not know any spells that would help them in a duel, even she didn't and her family was in the Dark Arts, and she had read several books about it as well.

The Ravenclaw glanced over at the girl for a split second, before flicking her harlequin green eyes back at the boy. Oppressed anger coarsed through her viens, as they always did when she began insulting and was heated up, even though this really was not her battle. A smirk formed on Avrille's dry lips, as she hugged the book to her awkward, boyish body. She wondered if this boy would try to do anything, actually it would be highly amusing if he did, her Mama was a staff member, as was her Uncle, and he was one of the more feared member's of staff, so if anything were to happen she would certainly be willing to manipulate words to her liking and tell her Mama to punish the boy.

[Akin, you are supposed to RP in past tense.. also, your character can't be 17 when in their 1st year, he should be 11 turning 12 or 12.. FYI]

Carmen turned her head as another first year approached, the girl was outspoken for a Ravenclaw but Carmen liked her immediately. At last another girl with intelligence, she seemed to come across loads of first year boys and girls who wanted nothing more than to run around causing chaos or to simply talk about style. No wonder Slytherins were behind in the point stakes, though not last at least.

She smiled at the girl and moving a step or two, she was now facing the boy along side the other girl. Sisterhood solidarity in the face of an ignorant boy. She raised an eyebrow at the insufferable youth daring him to say something equally ridiculous to everything he had said previously. She would introduce herself to the girl as soon as the wretched male left them in peace.

his left eye brow raises as the petty ravenclaw girl spoke, as he looks at the Slytherin girl looking impressed by the way the other girl spoke he smirks and glared at the stupid girl "and what has this got to do you with you ravenclaw?" he smirks in his russain accent, "go back to your petty common room and be the weak and stupid girl you will always be and never live the right life to live, as for her" he says speaking about the Slytherin girl, "atleast she will have a better life then you would ever have not being a Slytherin after all, just a petty and poor ravenclaw the rest of your life" he smirks as he glared at the Slytherin girl to agree with him, as she should as Slytherin house was known for protecting there own and never taking side with any others from other houses

Avrille's eye brows rose as the boy asked what this had to do with her. "Listen Saumensch, I don't know who you think you are drastically mistaken. Secondly, I would rather be a Ravenclaw then a Slytherin who has such stupidity in it's house, I mean you think you're meant to be in Slytherin when I see Hufflepuff stamped all over you," she responded coolly. Her harlequin green eyes rolled at the boy and said demeaningly, "Is petty the only word you know of? You've repeated it twice, perhaps you should enhance your vocabulary." She paused before adding coldly, "I could bet my broom that you do not have a clue what the word petty means."

"and do you know whos son your even speaking to?" he smirks as he looks at the girl with his pure silver eyes, "and what things make you think that im from hufflepuff?" he smirks with his eyebrows lowered and he smirks

[OOC: sorry ive im writting or roleplaying at my top level im kinda heat struck and not feeling to well, i thought i'd better say something for a reason why its not up to scratch]

Carmen wished the annoying boy would go away, she hadn't invited his presence and yet he seemed to think it necessary for him to stand there being a pest. She smirked as the Ravenclaw girl spoke up for herself once more.
"The distinctions between the houses are not what they once were. The old ways are not practised here at this new school" Carmen wanted to make one thing very clear to this boy, she may be a Slytherin but it was not by choice. It was destiny nothing else.
"The grounds of this school are big enough for you to move on to somewhere else".
She waited to see if he would move as she turned to the other girl, "I think he is not very good with his English".
Her own German accent was not as thick as either of their accents, though she did notice some similarities between them.

"Do you know whos son your even speaking to?"

Avrille's green eyes rolled. "Do you honestly think I care?" she asked aloofly, it was clear that she didn't, and if he thought she did, well he was wrong, very wrong. "I think you're weak and unintelligent, a Hufflepuff, no?" she responded, before pulling her lips into a smirk. As the girl said that he probably wasn't very good with English she simply shrugged and said, "I'm not either, but I put in the effort to adapt to my surroundings, no matter how dreary or bleak they are." She of course meant Hogwarts, she wanted to be in Durmstrang, and there was only one other student that knew this, Kaleb Styx, who would be her cousin in a few short months, much to her displeasure. She glanced over at the boy, and then back at the girl and suggested, "Let's let the baby have his bottle, and go." Normally, she would have kept at it, but she was growing bored of the boy, and had several things that could do to use her time in a more appropriate mannor, then arguing with a stubborn, foolish little boy.

[OOC: Just so you know Akin, having your character related to Barty Crouch Jr has to be approved by admin.. Not sure if it has been or whatevs.. just lettin' you know :)

Also sorry for the late response ]

Carmen thought it was the best suggestion yet she took out her wand and decided that she had the presence of mind now to see the spell through, so with a flourish she swish and flicked her wand.
"Accio book" and immediately the charms book she had been reading came to her outstretched hand, she looked at the boy with every inch of the noble house she had been born into emanating from her now, "Your parents don't matter here, they can't come to your aid."

She couldn't help but smirk a little, so this was what if felt like to allow the Slytherin inside her out. To allow her Peregrine nature to materialize, she wasn't sure she liked it much but it would do for occasions that required her to be tougher.
"I think you're right though I would have preferred him to leave..."
the thought that they were retreating from him entered her mind for a moment and she balked at the idea, but knew here and now was not a good time for a silly confrontation with a know it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back