Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessame Rose Trewelly

OOC First Name
Emmapants
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Hi

I know this question has been asked before, but I looked through the old FAQs and it didn't satisfy my curiosity - there seemed to be no consensus.

So where (or near where) is Brightstone/Obsidian Harbour/HNZ grounds?
Alicia said we can take the HNZ Express from Wellington - where abouts in Wellington?

Just asking, as Jess is from Canterbury, so needs to travel (sans parents probably) to get to HNZ.

Any help appreciated.
-Emma

Let me do some research, talk to Livvy (the other admin here) and come back to you with a final statement then I'll add it to the FAQ.
I recall there being a topic about this on the board once, and some relative locations were decided upon, but I think it couldn't hurt to make things set in stone. (I actually have been thinking about this myself recently with an RP I've been doing).
I think it's safe to say that Obsidian is in Wellington/quite close to Wellington. :)
Wellington is on this map here. But its location doesn't help you if you don't know where HNZ is in relation to Wellington... :p xD

~Nick

Thanks, I look forward to the answer.

I looked through the archives, and this link says it's near Wanganui (quoting an old history page I can't find now), and this one says it's Wellington.

Also, what's the difference between Obsidian Harbour and Brightstone? What are their equivalents in the books? (I can't decide which one is supposed to be like Hogsmeade - close to the school, and which one like Diagon Alley - in London (or Wellington/Wanganui) - and therefore, I assume, the same city the HNZ Express leaves from). I noticed there's a station that says something along the lines of "travel to HNZ" in both Obsidian Harbour and Brightstone. What's the dealio?

:lol: Those two pages are pretty old. One references an old site history which is quite out of date after the seventh novel was released and pretty much falling apart. :oy:
Also, what's the difference between Obsidian Harbour and Brightstone? What are their equivalents in the books?
Brightstone Village is about equivalent to Hogsmeade and Obsidian Harbour is more or less your diagon alley.
I noticed there's a station that says something along the lines of "travel to HNZ" in both Obsidian Harbour and Brightstone. What's the dealio?
Those were set up by the board creator who isn't active here anymore - the concept, though, I believe is that the train leaves via Obsidian Harbour and arrives in Brightstone (just as in the novels the train left via London and arrived in Hogsmeade, then first years rowed across the lake to reach the castle and all the other years went by carriage). :)

Cheers.

P.S. I'm a Kiwi, so I know where Wellington is. :D

If anyone has any questions relating to New Zealand, feel free to give them my name so I can help out. I'm Emma OOC.

Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back