When The Stomach Growls

Wednesday Hardley

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Wednesday was enjoying the day outside. Laying in the lawn her head facing the clouds watching as the white fluffs floated across the sky making shapes that only Wednesday seemed to be able to picture what they were. It was rather peaceful though something did happen to break the peace, her stomach growling.

Laughing a bit, she sat up. "I guess I should get something to eat" Wednesday said to herself as she was off on her little mission Walking into the castle she turned straight to the Great Hall.

Taking a seat at the rather empty Hufflepuff table, Wednesday began to add a few items onto her plate.

Arisa walked into the great hall and noticed the Wednesday was sitting by her self. Arisa walked over and sat down "Hey Wednesday" Arisa said smiling. She grabbed some eggs and put them on her plate while shoveling them in her mouth she said "Whats up?"

Wednesday took a bite of her scambled eggs as she reached over to pour some ketchup on them. Looking over at the girl who had sat down next to her she realized it was Arisa. "Oh hey Arisa" Wednesday said smiling. "Umm nothing's really up. I was just starving so I thought I'd get a bit to eat. What about you?" Wednesday asked as she wiped her hands on the napkin before reaching out in front of her and grabbing the pitcher of pumpkin juice. Pouring herself a small glass, Wednesday made sure not to spill anything.

"Oh nothing, how are you and Sern?" Arisa asked with a smirk in her friends direction.

Wednesday couldn't help that her cheeks grew hot as she mentioned Sern. Gosh she felt like such a little dork. Taking a sip of her pumpkin juice to buy her a moment of time, Wednesday couldn't help but smile though. "Well Sern and I am good. We are hanging out more" She added. She couldn't believe she was lucky enough to meet someone at eleven nonetheless.

"Thats great!" Arisa said happy she was excited for her friend "Im so happy for you!"

Wednesday smiled brightly as Arisa seemed so happy for her. "So anyone interesting for you yet?" Wednesday asked nudging her a bit in a playful manner. Wednesday then picked up her fork and took yet another bite of eggs this time with some toast almost sandwich wise. Making sure to wipe off her mouth with the napkin before taking yet another sip of the pumpkin juice. She was really taking a liking to this pumpkin juice.

Arisa smiled "Well i do have a boy friend i guess" Arisa said blushing "His name is Derrik" Arisa said before eating some more eggs and pouring her self some milk.

"You guess" Wednesday said turning her glance over at Arisa a smile brightly shining on her face. "That's great" She added. It was amazing how many first years were hooking up. Though Wednesday really couldn't talk she was one of them. "So Derrik" Wednesday said trying to think if she could recall who this boy was. "Which house is he in?" Wednesday asked.

"Hufflepuff" Arisa said simply "You have probably seen him, longish brown hair blue eyes" Arisa smiled remembering his eyes they were the perfect shade of blue.

Wednesday was a bit surprised that the boy was in hufflepuff. Though as Arisa described him all Wednesday could do was shrug. "I haven't seen him around maybe in classes" Wednesday said wondering how it was possible that she didn't know all the hufflepuffs. "You'll have to point him out sometime" She said smirking slightly.

Taking another sip of pumpkin juice, she couldn't help but think about the Yule Ball even though it was days and days away. "I guess things are working out for the both of us" Wednesday said laughing a bit. "So besides Derrik anything else new?" Wednesday asked.

"No not really, you?" Arisa asked her friend. She was enjoying her self. Some thing that was happening more offten then when she lived with her mother.

Wednesday shrugged "Not really. I mean I am just getting ready for the exams" Wednesday said rolling her eyes as she knew that the exams seeemed to be coming up in a week or two or maybe three, she wasn't quite sure. "Then making plans for the break" Wednesday said still not sure whether she was going to stay at school or going home. Wednesday broke off a small piece of toast as she dipped it into the yolk of her sunny side up egg that was remaining. "What are you doing for break?" Wednesday asked curiously.

"Oh I might go home, my dad is coming out for Christmas and i havnt seen him sense me and mom moved to Alberta to take care of my grandparents, but i might not because the mountian are makes me sick" Arisa said remembering how her eyes hardly ever worked there. She sighed "So what are your plans for break?" Arisa asked trying to change the subject.

Wednesday listened as Arisa said she was going home. Guessing that most of the people did that for the simple fact that the holidays were meant for spending time with family. It was just being with Wednesday's family for holidays was rather boring. "I might stay" Wednesday said leaning towards that answer a bit more than she had before hand. "I mean I bet others are staying" Wednesday said hoping that it was true. She wasn't quiet sure.

"Ya probably" Arisa said. She hoped Wenesday wouldnt be lonley. "Is sern going home?" Arisa asked.

Wednesday was glad that Arisa thought that some people would be staying. At least she wouldn't be alone. Though as Arisa asked if Sern was staying, Wednesday had to wonder if he was. "I haven't asked him but I bet he's going home" Wednesday said making a guess though it would be rather sweet if he stayed. It would almost be like their first christmas together.

"Is Derrik staying?" Wednesday asked casually.

"Im not sure, I havnt seen him sinse the halloween feast accually" Arisa said saddly. She looked down.

Wednesday wondered why Arisa's tone became sad all of a sudden. The Halloween feast wasn't too far past. "It's a big school it's hard to meet up with someone everyday" Wednesday said trying to be positive about it. "Maybe you two should plan a meet up sometime. Send him an owl" Wednesday said laughing a bit at the last part.

Thinking then back to how she hadn't seen Sern in a bit either. Maybe she should take her own advice sometime

"I guess your right" Arisa said smiling "So how has school been so far?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back