When Red meets Blue

Lola Caracola

OOC First Name
Guess who? Ana!
Wand
[Lignum Vitae Wand 16 Essence of Dragons Whisker
She had seen him before. He was Keeper for Ravenclaw that they had class together sometimes. He seemed like a nice guy then again she just needed the person to be a guy in order for her to start following them around. Not in a creepy way mind one. She didn't out of her way to try and see the boys the developed interests in She did now ever go out of her way to try and talk to them. The where only two reactions to Lola most of the time. People either hate her because they thinker annoying and needing to grow up or they love her and her energy. She hoped that Ryuuji liked that most of the time she felt like bouncing off the walls.It was an in between class sort of time when they had been let go from one class and where heading towards another. Lola hoped to catch the Ravenclaw before she had to scuttle off to class too.

Next year would be O.W.Ls and though she didn't plan on anything big for her future Lola still wanted to do well. That meant doing the somewhat impossible for her and buckling down. Maybe if anything came out this meeting she would get a study buddy out of the whole deal. She didn't necessarily aim for a boyfriend but if she could get one it would be cool. Lola sat on one of the stone benches looking through a book that she had borrowed from Minoas on spell runes but she wasn't paying attention to it at all. She was almost excited enough to start bouncing on the seat that she was on.

The wind blow swiftly across the courtyard. Seated on an empty bench, a boy with raven black hair gave a small chuckle when the wind blew especially hard and messes up his hair. With a sigh, he untangle any knots the wind created as his deep black orbs scanned his surroundings. A large courtyard filled with comfy and polished stone benches meant for hanging out or just for students to get somewhere new to study other than the library. Situated in the lower grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the courtyard was surrounded by the green environment the place provided...it was a place where serenity, calm and peace could be found easily. Ryuuji Tsukino could only stare in a comical fashion as a horde of rampaging students exited the castle, some fought hard for the remaining sets, and some just continued walking, obviously running late for their next class, or probably deciding to stay in another place. Yes, there are those people love this spot so much they'd fought hard to claim possession of the few benches even for several minutes' worth of relaxation. In his defense though, he'd been there for quite sometime to claim a possession of a bench. He still have some time left before he'd have to go to his next class after all. He could have opted to just go straight to his classroom, but he prefers the peace that the courtyard offers him. After all, after the quidditch match that he had had before, he wanted to have some peaceful time for himself.

He still can't believe it. They had actually won. And yes, despite him not being that great of a keeper, just being a part of the team makes him really proud. The first few days after the match had been really great, too great in fact that up until now, he's still replaying the events of the match in his mind. But alas, he had realized too that there are other things that he needed to think about as well. First of all, would be the upcoming exams. Not to brag or anything, he is fairly good at his class, considering that he is a ravenclaw and all, but even that doesn't guarantee that he'll pass. He needs to study too. And on top of that, next year would be the O.W.Ls, and though he wasn't sure whether he'd get a profession that had something to do with him being a wizard, (cause he have his family business to take care of once he inherited it from his muggle adoptive parents), Ryuuji still wants to do good. After all, who knows, maybe he'd get the chance to be an auror despite him knowing that his father may be against him. Sitting comfortably on the stone bench, Ryuuji took out a book and started to read. He was, however, distracted by the feeling that someone had been watching him. Or at least, that's what he thinks. Closing his book, he decided to look around. A young and cheerful looking girl caught his attention. He remembers her. They have some class together, and they were on the same year. He gave her a small smile before he returned to his book again. He wasn't entirely sure, but somehow, he had this feeling that he had talked to her before.​
<i>
</i>

Lola looked over her book one more time and saw that Ryuuji was there. Lola bit her lip behind the book then took a moment to take the moment in. Lola closed her book and gave her hair a good scrunch. She didn't ware her falls when class was in session. She thought it a tacky even though she knew that there where some that changed the uniform a little bit. Lola liked it the way it was really. "Hey there. I've noticed you around and thought I should introduce myself. If your not busy that is." She said as she pointed to the book which Ryuuji had turned to. Lola next to him. She had her book ready if he didn't want to talk. Lola had gotten blown off before or ignored which she didn't pay any mind to. It just meant that she had to move on to the next.

Ryuuji seemed like a cool guy though and Lola wasn't going to be giving up to easy. Lola looked over his shoulder as if trying to see what he was reading. Classwork wasn't really Lola's thing but did do what she had to to be able to pass. Though passing in Defense Against the Dark Arts was still a whole lot of work. Professor Styx was hateful. Lola scolded herself for her mind jumping to another subject when she needed it at the task at hand. getting the Ravenclaw to talk to her. Damn you ADHD. I should really remember to take my meds. I hate how it makes me feel though. She thought of the sluggish fog that always took over whenever she did remember to take them. She enjoyed life to much for her to ever allow it to be fogged up. Lola enjoyed the breeze that played across her face as she waited for Ryuuji to answer her.

To say that Ryuuji was surprised when the gryffindor had approached him would be an understatement. Sure, she did seemed like that person who would quickly jump and grab the opportunity to befriend someone once the said chance showed itself, but he never did thought that that someone would be him. He's not that popular after all. At least, that's what he thinks. He's just that normal student who had just happened to be the keeper of his house. He's not even that great yet, so, he wouldn't be that surprised if people won't recognize him anyways. When the said girl started to speak to him, Ryuuji decided that it wouldn't hurt to engage into the conversation as well. He was the type of person who would read when the chance presents it self, but seeing that there is someone who's willing to talk to him at the moment, even reading seemed to appear as a dull thing right now. With a smile, the young Ravenclaw shut the book and placed it on his lap again. His keen black eyes watched the girl before him. She looked as if she was in deep thought. And whatever it was that she was thinking, he had no idea. It's not like he could read minds after all.

A few more minutes and Ravenclaw started to laugh. Here he was, looking at the girl, his book left forgotten, waiting for the girl to introduce herself, yet, she too seemed to have just been waiting for him to talk. It wasn't that awkward though, cause really, despite him not knowing the girl that much, or at all, she really seemed like one happy girl. "Saa... so, what's your name then?" He said, a smile gracing his features as he waited for the girl to finally introduce herself to him. He wasn't fully aware of the wind blowing against him causing his hair to appear messier than it was, nor the sun that is shining brightly upon them. What he was only focusing on, at the moment, was the girl who is now next to him, waiting for her to talk again, as he was really looking forward to knowing who this girl really is.

Lola snapped her head around to look at him and laughed while scratching the back of her head. "Sorry my mind tends to flip from one thing to the other like the pages of a book in the wind. My name I Lola Caracola. Hyper with a capital H some people would say I like to say that I'm spirited and can't help it. When there is so much of the world to see why stop and seeing just one thing?" Lola said seemingly all at once. It was her attempt at keeping her mind where it was and on the conversation. "What class do you have next by the way?" She asked failing at keeping herself from being erratic. It didn't bother her though. It was better to be eccentric than dull.

She had met a few dull people around the school and wondered how they can live the sameness. Lola got bored this was true but when that happened all she needed to do was grab a ball and start running. She didn't feel like running now though. "I've heard your name in class before but I kind forgot it." Lola said laughing again at her own slippery mind. She hoped that Ryuuji wouldn't think her dense now. Some people did then again some epeople though her utterly insane too but those where people that didn't understand her. She noticed what the wind did to Ryuuji's hair but didn't mention it. To Lola it just made him look more handsomely tossed about.

The afternoon's sun casts a beautiful glow over the castle. The leaves of the huge and ancient oak filter the sunlight, leaving little spotlights shining on the ground. The air was crisp and clean, beautifully accompanying the bright Summer sky. It was exam time, which meant students were in a state of utter dismay and there are some who are extremely nervous. There are even those who are cramming to catch up with the lessons, afraid of failing the subjects that they are taking. Yet, the girl that was talking to Ryuuji right now doesn't seem to fit any of those categories. In fact, she looks so free, as if she had no worries at all. It was quite comforting actually, that behind all these tight schedules, there is still this person who can smile and be so carefree without thinking of anything else. The way that the girl had introduce herself to him made him laugh even more. It was quite an introduction. He had never met someone who had introduce themselves that way. "It's a pleasure meeting you Lola. We should be friends!" The boy's black eyes looks like they are shining as he extended his hand for a handshake. It may seem a little too formal, but that's what people do when they meet someone new right? Not that she was new, but this was the first time that they had really talked. "There's nothing wrong with being spirited. That's who you are.. I'd love to see the world the way you do." He definitely agrees with the girl's view, it would be really boring and tiresome to live the same way over and over again. Why not do some crazy things as long as no one will get hurt? The way that Lola views things is something that amazes and interests him for real.

"Muggle studies. How about you?" His clear voice cut through the air as he gestured to the book that he had just been reading earlier. Muggle studies is one of those classes that doesn't really have a lot of students. It may not be that much of a wonder, cause for some people, the class was pretty plain. The girl's laughter was quite contagious that Ryuuji cannot help but to laugh with her. He was in no way offended when she had announce that she kind of forgot his name. He too, after all, was not entirely sure of her identity. "I'm Ryuuji. Ryuuji Tsukino. It's a pretty forgettable name, but I hope you'll remember it." A cheeky grin spreads across the young boy's face as he glanced at the girl once again. She was really full of energy, and it'd be really great if she'll give him some of that energy of hers. She seemed like a great girl, one that he could probably be friends with for a long time.

This was turning out to be a very good day. Lola had just gone and talked to the boy that she was thinking about having a crush on (how that worked no one would know and asking her explain it would make head explode) the day was nice and warm, the sunlight making the brown curls seem more of a redish color and she was having what had the makings of a good conversation which kept her from bouncing all over the place. Ryuuji seemed like he needed a break from studying anyway. The whole castle did. There was something about finals that made everyone edgier than usual which meant that Lola's jokes and loud antics where less welcome than usual. "Defiantly. You seem like the kind of guy could catch me when I have a really, really bad idea which is a lot of the time." She said with a large grin. She put her surprisingly thin hand in his and shook his hand then pulled him in for a friendly hug. She let Ryuuji and smiled apologetically. "Sorry it's a culture thing. I'm Hispanic you see and in Central America we hug a lot of the time." She said hoping that the sudden closeness didn't bother him too much if it did she wouldn't do it again. One of the people she hugged fainted from the experience but then Andy seemed to faint a lot around school.

"I have Care of Magical Creatures. I would have taken Muggle Studies but I'm Muggle Born so it would be kind of redundant." She said. Lola meant it. She knew what it was like to be muggle very well because out of now ten siblings Lola was the only one with magic unless her little brothers somehow developed magic which her mother really hoped not. According to her when Lola had come into her magic the house was a wreak all day everyday. "Oh I don't know who I have to figure out how it's spelled and all that and I usually can't remember things I can't right down. How about my name is it too short for you to remember?" Lola joked then laughed She was happy that Ryuuji was laughing along side her. It was her goal to make the people around her happy because life, in her opinion was too short to be sad or angry all the time. Yes there where sad situations from time to time but those would pass. Ryuuji seemed like a cool guy. If she didn't manage to get his attention as a girl she hoped for the most part she stayed his friend so they could share more laughter in later years.

To say, Ryuuji and Lola are quite the opposite. Ryuuji's one is more carefree, or at times, relaxed and someone who would prefer to watch things. He thinks before he acts, though there are these moments when he would say and do random things, Lola, from the looks of it, is someone who acts on pure impulse. She is as free as a bird. She's a free spirit, unconstrained by the norms of society. She does things as she wants and somehow, that draws him to her. Cause despite them being opposites, they too, are same in other ways. Just like the way that they think that there is nothing more boring than living the same way everyday. That being said, even though if it was someone else, Ryuuji was quite sure that one will get a little irritated by the way she's talking, Ryuuji was actually quite amused. He had never met someone like her. Not yet at least. "Probably. Though, there would probably be times when I would go along with those bad ideas of yours. If it would be fun, why not?" He said, his eyes seemingly close from lightly smiling. What he didn't expect though, was to be pulled into a hug. If it was on his earlier years of stay in the castle, he would probably stiffen like a corpse on the sudden contact. But now, No. He had gotten used to it. He had already accepted that it was a part of their culture. Physical contact is required to express something, at least, that's what he had came up with from his observation. It was proven true after the girl had explained it to him. It being a culture thing. So it was fine. It may not be common in his culture, him being a Japanese and all, but then again, he was used to it now. After years of stay away from home, being surrounded by people of different cultures, he had learned to accept things as they are. "No. It's fine. It really is." He said, waving his hands in front of him to show that he was not offended in any way. That he was perfectly fine with what she had just done.

To know that Lola is a muggle born made him feel closer to her. At least, they have another thing in common. Their families are non magical. Though of course, in his case, he wasn't really a muggle born. At least, from what he had learned. He is a metamorphmagus, and it is quite impossible to be one if your parents are non-magical. And he's just adopted too, something which he didn't really mind that much. His family treats him as a real family member after all. Blood ties are not really that important. "My parents are muggles, I knew that it would be pretty redundant, but I want to see how wizards see muggles." He said plainly. He knew that not all wizards welcome muggles. That's probably why there are only a number of students attending the class. "It's R-Y-U-U-J-I. Ryuuji. I know it's pretty uncommon and quite forgettable, might be hard to spell to non japanese as well." He said, laughing lightly. It was not unusual for people to comment on his name. He had heard it a lot of times before "Not really. I quite like it actually. Lola. Four letters only, right? Then you can call me Ryu. That way, it would be much shorted and easier to remember. Or you can just give me a name that you won't forget." He meant it. He wouldn't mind getting a new name, so long as it is not something ridiculous or something which is totally bad. Nicknames, it was something which denotes friendship for him. So, he doesn't really mind getting one from her. As what he had said, he'd really love to be friends with her.

The simple answer for that was life was too short. It hit her when one of her baby cousins had died from stomach issues. He was only eight months old and since her third eldest sister Maria Betsabe had nearly died because of the same issues the baby had been given to Lola's Mom to try and cure. It didn't happen though and the baby boy died. Lola had been seven when this happened and realized just haw fragile life was. This combined with her ADHD didn't allow her time to worry about who was dating who or what people said about her. Her studies did suffer because of her attitude but that was only because the didn't have a direction. Lola didn't know where her future was heading though she had several ideas of what she wanted to do. "If it something like trying to see if Giant Squid likes to play catch your more than welcome to come along with me but if it's something like what happens when you replace wolves bane where asphodel is supposed to go stop me please." She said laughing a little bit. She had thought about doing it but then the potions professor caught her and made her leave the classroom until she could 'pay attention properly in class' to which Lola sighed and did as she was told.

Lola was happy that he didn't mind the hug. So far only one person had but she didn't mind that too much. "Your parents are muggle? Oh then you won't find it weird at all when I start singing about Space Invaders or something like that. I've met a few muggleborns in the school actually. It's like magic just pops up out of no where for us. My brother Carlos was totally Jealous when I got my Hogwarts letter and he didn't and he's a total D&D nerd.I've played too but I never quite saw the point in it." She said much to fast. Since his parents where muggle Lola naturally assumed that he was muggle born too and couldn't help but go on about it. Lola was always happy to find someone who was as new to magic as she was. Well new-ish now. Four years at Hogwarts and Lola couldn't imagine her life without knowing about how wonderful things where here. There still things like gossip and things like that but she could overlook that even without magic. "I could guess it was Japanese. I've read enough Manga to recognize it though I didn't want to stereotype. I am a hopeless speller You just told me how to spell your name and I bet you anything ask me tomorrow and I won't have a clue!" She said laughing fully this time. If there any jokes to be made they could be made about her and her many flaws which she didn't mind picking at. "Ryu is fine. It makes me want to yell "Finish Him'" She said then got up and put her hands up in what she assumed was a marshal arts stance. Lola was a big fan of Mortal Kombat.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#2F4F4F">She was funny. Really funny indeed. He cannot entirely follow her thought process, but that makes it even more fun. He cannot predict that next thing that she will say nor the next thing that she will do. To say, she is one girl who is full of surprises, and to say, this makes Ryuuji get drawn to her. Some people may find her weird, and he does too. But not in the bad way. She may be weird or eccentric, and she's definitely not like everyone else, but he likes it. This would be a new experience for him. To meet someone outside of his family who's more or less the opposite of him but not completely one who is annoyed at him, this is bound to be fun. Since he was young, Ryuuji had been surrounded by different types of people. His family is a bit weird too actually, his mother had this weird fetish about cute things and about dressing every little adorable thing that she would find. His sister is really protective and would always attack him with a bear hug whenever the opportunity presents itself, which would more often than not, render him speechless and choking in the process. This is probably another reason why he had already not that awkward anymore after Lola had hugged him earlier. Cause really, since he had studied at Hogwarts and he barely went home to see their parents, the bear hug attack had been occurring more frequent than before. Yes, his family is indeed a bit weird, but to meet someone outside of his family that is probably like them too, it's rare. Lola was probably the only one actually, and somehow, she reminds him a little of his sister. Just a little, cause he wasn't sure whether Lola had this protectiveness tendencies too. "I am yet to see the Giant squid, I'd love to see him and play catch with him though.. surely it would be fun. Remember to tell me when you'll see him alright?" He said, smiling with that catlike smile of his which would only appear when he's up to something or when he's thinking of doing something completely out of his usual calm character. "And don't worry, once I am sure that you are up to no good, I'll definitely stop you, even if it would mean that I have to tie you or that I would have to lock you in a room. I'll surely stop you." He added, this time laughing louder than he had expected. He can't really imagine him resorting to such thing, but who knows? He may do that. Nothing's impossible. There's always a first for everything, right?

"Hai. Hai. My parents are non-magical. They were really surprised when I got the letter though cause they don't know about the existence of this school, my grandmother even tried to stop me. Luckily, she didn't. She probably realized that this would benefit me too." He said, remembering the first time that he learned about him going to hogwarts. Of course, since young, he had manifested several signs of him being normal. His hair would change colors, and sometimes, his eyes would too. His adoptive parents told him that he shouldn't worry about it. But being that curious person that he was, he tried to find answers. And those questions had been solved when he received the letter. He was a wizard. But after entering the school, more questions had been raised to him, especially after reading some book back on his first year. Supposedly, the way that he can changes his appearance on times of great emotional distress or sometimes, when feelings would surge, was something that is completely rare. That's when he learned that he was a metamorphmagus. In the school though, only one person knows it. And he wasn't that eager or even interested to let the others know. It would just be a secret between him and that one person. "i don't mind you singing about Space invaders. But what's a D&D?" It was the first time that he had heard of it, and basing on Lola's statements, it must be some sort of a game. Whether it is a physical one of one which involves the use of those modern technologies, he didn't know. Lola would be free to explain further if she wants to. "You love manga? I can lend you some if you ever want to read again. And don't worry, no matter how hurt I would be once you forget how to spell my name, I'll gladly spell it to you again." He followed, pouting a little like a lost child before he too laughed along with her. He was joking about the hurt thing, but he would really spell his name for her again if it is needed. "I thought you'd say street fighter" He said, watching as the girl stood up and imitated what was supposed to be a martial arts stance. The stance is not that bad, he can see that she's a real fan of it. He's eyes shone in happiness as he continued to just watch her. She was really entertaining. Inn fact, he could probably go the whole day just listening to her talk.​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back