When boredom kicks in

Alexander Fields

OOC First Name
Ben
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Alex had been sitting out in the Hogwarts gardens enjoying the peace and tranquility of it all, it had been a long year for him so far, he had gotten himself a girlfriend, and broken out of his shell and met a lot of new people. Laying out on the ground, with out a shirt, it was a good day to get a tan, the beautiful spring day, almost summer to be exact, and it was getting quite hot out. His white board shorts, stained from the hunting he had done in them, and the blood wouldn't wash out and he didn't really care they where just a pair of pants he used to knock about it. He looked up at the sky, trying to work out what the clouds looked like, one of them of course would have to be a dragon, which he hadn't seen in a very long time, back when him and his late mother had been laying out in the wheat fields back home.

Siobhan needed the fresh air. Those classes full of just magic were killing her. She needed some fresh air instead of being cooped up in the dungy old castle all the time. Leaping through the doors and onto the grounds, Siobhan smiled at the clear sky through the chill. Even though her hands became numb at the sense of cold air, she still enjoyed it because it meant her hand could probably not hold a wand completely. Looking around, she started running toward the Hogwarts Garden. She missed seeing the plants regularly at home, and Siobhan hoped this would help her recooperate.

Alex didn't bother to even look up when he heard the sound of someone running over towards the gardens, it was someone light he could tell that because not very many people at the school where very light on there feet except the first and second years seeing there age and size. He finally decided to look up to see if he knew the person that was running he had never seen her before in his life, by the looks of it she would have been a first year seeing her tiny size." Err. Hello." Alex said as she was about to pass him before laying back down on the soft blades of grass.

Siobhan stopped running suddenly at the sound of the voice and tripped over her feet, causing her to fall forward and do a somersault, finally landing on her back on the grass. "Oomph," she grunted. Groaning, she tried rolling over on her side, making sure to be careful of her now pained back, and looked over at the older boy. He seemed very big compared to her own small frame, and Siobhan had never seen him before in her life. Even though, she rolled over on her stomach, placed her chin in hands and smiled at him. "Hello there. I'm Siobhan," she said pleasantly.

Alex got up to see if the girl was alright, she had tripped and landed flat on her face, which looked like it would have hurt especially a girl of her small stature. " Are you ok?" He asked genuinely interested, he felt bad for distracting her. " Im Alexander Fields, it nice to meet you." He said as he extended his hand out to shake the young girls. " Sorry about distracting you there."

Siobhan gave a small shurg and put one of her own hands out, balancing her upper body on the other, to shake his hand. "It's no problem at all," she assured him. "May I call you Alex or shall we go by full names?" She felt nicknames were fun and gave the situation to be a little less formal. "What do you seem to be doing out here all alone? Trying to relax?" she asked curiously, not realizing that if he was trying to relax that she needed to leave.

Alex thought it was odd, that she was still on the ground after falling over, but maybe that was just the immaturity of people that where around that age, he himself used to run around the castle at all times undetected by anyone. " Yeah Alex is perfectly fine, what shall I call you?" Alex asked as he sat down almost next to her, it kind of felt odd to be his age and talking to someone so young, but he would eventually get over it. " I just sometimes come out here to think about everything, it's just so peaceful out here and I'm also aware of how odd it would seem for a guy to be out in the gardens."

"Well," she said, thoughtfully, "I don't really have a nickname other than what me papie calls me. You could make up one, if you'd like." Siobhan felt very mature when she talked to someone this much older than she, though this boy seemed like he wasn't very much into talking to her. She shrugged it off and laughed as Alex said it was odd for a guy to be out in the garden. "Not too odd," she stated. "Papie used to be out in our gardens helping Mamei all the time, and he was a big burly man," she said, imitating the walk of her father with her arms out. Siobhan smiled and laughed, dropping her arms.

Alex couldn't help but laugh as she imitated the walk of her papie, it was absolutely hilarious the way he walked. " So by the looks of it you are a Griffindor, what year are you in? " He asked as he waited for a response he looked around the gardens. " Im a Hufflepuff seventh year." The white haired boy said as the warm breeze that had been sweeping through all day picked up and rustled with his still semi- short hair.

Siobhan titled her head and narrowed her eyes for a moment. "Yes, I am. I'm a first year, actually. How are you able to read people like that?" she asked curiously, placing her hands on her hips. It interested her how he automatically knew that, unless he had somehow seen her in class before. "I couldn't have been able to tell you were in Hufflepuff." She did, although, figure he was a seventh year just by his looks, though.

Alex smiled at her question. " well judging by your height your a first year and the look of you, you talk like your way more mature though, I could have been wrong you could have been half dwarf or something." Alex said with a smile. " Most people don't think I'm a Hufflepuff but I am a pure Puff, and it couldn't be any other way."

She furrowed her brow again like she always did when something made her mad but giggley at the same time. "I guess being more mature is a good thing, but why would I be a dwarf?" she asked sarcastically and stuck her tongue out at him. "Well, it's just that you seem more like a Gryffindor or something by first impression."

She thought for a moment about his comment and then smiled. "Thank you."

" Well you seem very mature for your age and dwarfs are very small and your not the tallest of people I have met recently." Alex said with a smile he didn't mean it to be offensive so he hoped she didn't take it that way."... but anyways have you been enjoying all the classes you have been to so far?"

Siobhan raised her eyebrows and then made an odd expression while trying to think. "So, I'm assuming that the biggest person you've met would still be smaller than you?" she asked, trying to tease him about his size.

Her classes. That subject made her a little tedious. "They're alright, but not my favorite thing in the world. I'd rather spend my time exploring instead of sitting up in that stuffy, old castle."

Alex looked at Siobhan with a puzzled look on his face, he didn't understand a single word of what she had just said, something about the biggest person being smaller then him. "Yeah your not wrong there, the castle is really good to explore, just watch out around the dungeons, sometimes you can fall through the floor." He said in reply to her liking to explore the castle.

"Really! People fall through the floor?" she asked curiously as her eyes widened. Siobhan thought that was pretty cool and adventurous. "Can we go find one of these holes to fall through? I didn't realize the castle could be that much fun!"

" it took me and another seventh year to get out of the hole, but if you really want to, it is really hard to get out of there." Alex said with a smile, he liked how this girl was go with the flow, and everything here excited her, it was a typical first year for something like that to happen to them.

Siobhan eyes widened as Alex told her about the floor experience. "So tell me. Where did this actually happen? Did this huge black hole appear in the middle of the floor? Or did everything just magically disappear?" she asked, adding many hand motions in the process. It interested Siobhan to have many adventures while she was here. It made her feel like she was back at home some.

Alex smiled at the thought of a black whole just popping up in the floor and him falling thorugh. " No I was just walking along and the floor gave out and I slid down, but the floor grew back within seconds. It was really weird, but I'm up to do it again." He said as he stood up, he was looking forward to searching the dungeon for it.

Siobhan thought about it for a moment, biting her lip, and then shrugged, jumping. "Alright, if you say so. Where would be the first place to look for one?" she asked, curious about how you were just supposed to search for mysterious, disappearing holes in the floor and then fall in one. Taking out her wand, she looked up at the sky and saw the sun setting a bit. "Do you think we should hurry?"

" Lets go look in the lower part of the dungeon, because that was where I was." He said with a smile as he looked at the girl. " Yeah we better get going, don't want to be to late inside, might get in a little bit of trouble."

sorry lame, could you start topic

"For sure," Siobhan agreed, and took off running. She wasn't a trouble maker, and had yet to get herself into anything. This was not the time she wanted to start. Due to her excitement, she ran as fast as she could ahead and made her way into the dungeons.

Move to here: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7233940/1/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back