What's up with this town Man?

Jake Storm

OOC First Name
Maia
Jake was running. His mind was clear, but that didn't mean he was acting serious. Especially when one knew his reason for running. He had seen some girls on the beach the morning before and had decided to show them how dedicated, hard-working and athletic American boys were. He smiled at them as he passed, still, it was good for him to excercise, he wanted to keep his place on the older team. He heard a voice behind him "American boy!" he turned around, he had become used to being called that here. The voice, came from a boy around Jake's age. "I heard you were flirting with my girl." he spat, his English broken, a few yards away was a girl Jake had winked at the day before. "Hardly counts as flirting man." he replied, his voice joking, this guy didn't seem to understand what flirting was. The guy was red in the face now, and hid girlfriend looked nervous. "Don't try to act smart-American boy." he snarled, coming towards Jake, his fist clenched. "Hey, what the hell's your problem Dude!" Jake asked, confused, that was when he hit him, Jake felt it-in his stomach, a dark, blunt pain. Jake had promised his Mom not to get into any trouble here, but he wasn't going to let this go. "You are so gonna regret that Man." he growled, punching him in the face, his strong, solid fist smashing against the guys jaw. Jake knew how to gauge it, no permanent damage was done, but he knew it would hurt. "You stay away from me, alright." he said coldly, walking away, He took out his wand, checking it was okay-that that idiot hadn't damaged it.

Jack had been on the beach, watching from a distance as some boys decided to pick a fight with another guy over a girl. Sighing at the immaturity of the situation, Jack stayed out of sight and followed the boy, noticing that he had drawn out a wand to check it. From the look of it, this boy was underage and therefore couldn't perform magic outside of school or in a parent's area. Smirking slightly, he drew his wand and held it by his side, not wanting to scare him. "You 'k?" He asked, concerned for the boy, especially after the punch that he had received. He hadn't planned to follow and watch people, and had just been about to apparate from the beach, when he had seen the situation. Deciding that it would be irresponsible to leave a single guy alone with a gang of boys, he sighed and had let the problem sort itself out for what had seemed so at the beginning.

Jake shrugged his shoulders, as he walked, his coat hugging his shoulders, when suddenly he heard a voice beside him. "Oh yeah, that was nothin'" Jake replied, he'd gotten in far worse scrapes back home. "Jake Storm." he introduced himself, removing his hands from his pockets and extending a hand. His father had always told him. "Shake a man's hand, and earn his respect." Jake had followed this rule, every time he had met someone new. He seemed to be meeting some bad people here lately, but over the last day or so-he had been making some friends, maybe this guys was another one?

Jack smiled. He wasn't sure what was different about this boy, but something was. So instead of asking, he just took out his own hand and shook Jake's. "Its nice to meet you Jake. Im Jack. Jack Evans." He said with a smile. He released his hand once the shake was over, for it would look strange for boys to be holding hands. But, he thought that this guy was respectful and someone he could trust, so he smiled at him again. "What you doing here then? And what happened over there?" He asked, nodding his head backwards to where the scene had happened.

"Cool Man." Jake replied, grinning. He liked this guy, not many people would come up to someone who had just been in a fight and act so normal. "Well, I'm here on holiday." he answered the question and intook breath before answering the second. "And, I winked at that guys girlfriend, which apparently-is illegal." he explained, this country wasn't doing Jake any favours. "People here don't seem to like me." he commented, non-chalently glancing around, with his hands firmly back in his pockets.

Jack smiled at his language. He remembered the times when he used that sort of speech and smiled again, in spite of himself. "Where do you normally live then?" He asked, intrigued with this new character that he had met and what he was doing in such a boring place of the town. "Oh ok. And i guess that he shouted at you. I have seen that happen before. Don't worry about it. And im sure people will start to like you if they give you a chance. They all have their own gangs and groups around here, and only if you have been here for a while will they truly accept you." He said, speaking from experience.

Jake wasn't sure why Jack was smiling, but smiled right along, what was the point in being boring and cold your whole life-you'd never have any fun. "New York-Greenwich Village." he smiled, The Village was home, and always would be. He hadn't counted on meeting someone interesting out here, in this desolate place, but if life gave you lemons, make lemonade. "Exactly, but I have met like a few kids here who seem alright." he replied, granted, some of them were girls, but what the heck? "Do you go to school here?" he asked, looking up at Jack

Jack smiled. He had been to New York before, a few times. Once he had learned to apparate, he had made no effort to keep the skill to certain parts of the world, and before a few weeks had gone by, he had been in New York. It had been a nice city, very busy and crowded, but nice nevertheless. "Cool. I don't think i have been there before, but i have been to New York. Have you? Around here? I go to Durmstrang." He said, wondering where Jake was talking about. It was in Europe, and for someone apparating, he never seemed to notice the distance any more. He had merged all his comments into one, so as to not leave the conversations hanging open. He hated that when it happened.

Jake loved his home, he loved the fact that walking down the street, a guy could pass with waist-length purple hair and he wouldn't get a second glance. He loved that you could join a game, of any sport and no one would say a second word if you didn't ask. "Yeah, it's great." Jake agreed. "Yup, some guys, a girl or two you know?" Jake replied, smiling, he liked the few kids he'd met. "Cool, I'm thinking of transfering there next year." Jake replied, he had spoken to his mother about it, but he was still working on getting her to agree.

Jack smiled. He too knew that there were a lot of girls around this area that weren't hard to talk to. He nodded, listening to Jake's brief talk, but realising that there was obviously some other meaning behind the words. Leaving that question open, he smiled again. "Let me guess, you are either fascinated with the dark arts, or you are just going to go to the school for it being a school. I don't think you would fit in at Beauxbatons, sorry, its just that you don't seem like one of those guys." He said, remembering his last encounter with a Beauxbatons boy, one who seemed to act like a girl more than anything else. He stared at the boy for a few minutes, wondering which option he would chose. He didn't seem like the 'budding deatheater' type, but people could easily surprise. Jack knew that more than most people.

Jake thought over Jack's reply, he wasn't fully sure himself why he wanted to go to Durmstrang. "Well, I don't like the dark arts, actually I kind of like the idea of being an auror, but I just.." he paused for thought. "Durmstrang feels right, I know some kids who go there-Hogwarts New Zealand, it's too far from home and Beauxbatons-you're right, I'm not that kind of guy. i couldn't stick being in a school mostly made up of girls." he smiled, then realised what he just said. "Wait a second, that actually sounds good, but still, even if I were surrounded by half-veela girls-I'd have no one to hang out with." he laughed, it was strange, in his mind he could see it, himself surrounded by gorgeous girls, but if after meeting Amy and Nathalie, if all the girls were like them it maybe wouldn't be so bad. Still, he had his heart set on Durmstrang.

Jack nodded but decided to warn Jake. "By the way, when you come to Durmstrang, don't mention being an auror to the other students - you won't survive around much." He warned, remembering the last few people that he had met who had been brave and stupid enough to mention it and boast about it. "The teachers won't mind, i don't think, but some students will." He added, not wanting to put Jake off his profession entirely. But still, part of him felt sad. Jack had his sights set on becoming a death eater and if Jake was an auror, it would be his job to stop Jack doing what he felt was right. He laughed at the mention of the girls. "You would be overpowered. Trust me. Especially with all the veela talents travelling around." He said, laughing at another memory of one of his friends who had literally been swarmed with the girls and had soon had to give in.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry for late posts on all topics- Real life went and got in the way.

"I won't, I've heard about Durmy's reputation." he smiled, he thought he could handle it, but still was pretending to be open to other options-for his mother's sake. "Yeah, I suppose, but nothing's decided yet." he added, he didn't think Jack liked the idea of Jake being an auror. Jake had never wanted to be anything else-mostly because of his Dad, who had been his idol-even though he'd barely known him. He felt like they were connected, when he heard his Mom talk about him. "Yeah, I suppose, though I've met a few veela girls,they don't seem too bad." he added, in fact they were amazing. All the people he'd met so far came from varying background and had different personalities-he liked that.

Jack smirked at his decision. He thought it wise and guessed that Jake would already be clued up about it all. He raised his eyebrows when Jake mentioned veela girls, and then a bad thought crossed his mind. "Which ones did you meet?" He asked, his tone friendly. He wouldn't let Jake know that he was Amy's cousin until Jake had told him who he had met, and what had happened. He knew that if Jake had met some veela girls around here, it was bound to include Amy, his cousin whom he was very protective over. Sighing inwardly, he turned to hear the answer.

(OOC: No thats fine :p sorry for the lame post by the way :jesse: )

Jake saw a smirk on the guys face. It was at times like this that he wished he could tell what people were thinking-what words swirled and overflowed in their minds as they did in Jake's. "I met a girl called Nathalie Blanchard and Amy Johnsen-they were pretty cool." he smiled, they were the only two he'd met so far, Amy was a bit older than him, but Nathalie was around his age. He wondered if this guy knew either of them. "Do you know them?" he asked, oblivious to the fact that Jack was, in fact related to one of them.

Jack laughed slightly. "Right, yeh ive met Amy and heard of Nathalie. What did you think of them?" He asked, his tone still casual, determined to keep his cover until Jake had told him everything he needed to know from an outsider. He knew that one of the girls would have been Amy, he just knew it. Sighing slightly at her annoyance for always meeting the new guys, he pushed the thought away. Why was it her that always ended up in trouble? Why her? He asked himself, feeling like leaving Jake on the spot and apparating to find her and tell her what he thought. But he couldn't do that, he knew that he would just get in trouble for doing that, so it would be best to leave her alone and 'follow from a distance.'

Jake was glad that Jack knew the girls-maybe they could all hang out some time, and he'd invite James as well..and maybe Nadine. "They're cool- Nathalie's my age, but Amy's a bit older than me. I actually met both of them in the rain, Nathalie at a cafe and Amy in the doorway of a house where we all ran from the rain." he laughed, it was a strange way to meet new friends, and sounded a bit weird to Jack, but-that was what had happened. Both girls were way out of his league, but maybe Jack liked one of them?
"Yeah, I've met a good few people I could be friends with." he added, almost to himself rather than Jack.

Jack smiled to himself at Jake's tone. "Wow, that sounds really cool. But nothing happened with either of them did it?" He asked, waiting to hear the answer before feeling he owed Jake an explanation now. "Amy's my cousin you see. She doesn't seem very aware of what people can do, so i feel protective of her. Especially when i meet people and they tell me that they have already met her. It seems she is always one step ahead of me." He said, his tone wary as he attempted to explain the situation he was in. He felt protective of Amy, but at the same time didn't want to get in her way at all and seem rude and pushy into her private life.

"Nah, not my style." he grinned. "You have to get to know people before anything should happen." he added, realising that he sounded kind of bad at first. "They'll be good friends." he spoke, almost to himself. "Cousins?" Jake was surprised, they looked a small bit alike he supposed, but he was more surprised that Jack was checking up on his cousin, she was sixteen-surely she could look after herself. Then again, it was none of Jake's business. "Ahh, and you thought that maybe I was hassling her?" he asked, trying to make light of it, he smiled and his eyes glinted, amused by the idea.

Jack laughed and relaxed at the latest comment. "Yeh, that sort of thing. There was a bad time with one of my mates..." He started, refusing to explain further so hoping that Jake would pick up the general idea of where he was taking the complaint. He smiled again as Jake's eyes glinted with amusement. "What do you want to do?" He asked, finding himself now rather bored and out of ideas of how to change this problem around.

(OOC: Sorry for the lame post :( )

"Yeah, I see why you're worried." In fact, Jake hadn't a clue, he guessed that some one of Jack's friend had been bad to Amy. He sighed, wondering what they should do, the he spotted a ball. "Wanna play?" he asked, gesturing toward it, he wanted to play, but he didn't mind if Jack didn't want to, he was enjoying this conversation. He looked up to jack already. He stuffed his hands in his pocket and began whistling, waiting for Jack's answer.
OOCOut of Character:
:D

Jack shrugged and nodded. Glad that Jake understood, he wondered if he had been in a situation like that before or if he was just saying that. Turning to the ball, he picked it up and did a few skills with his feet, keeping the ball in the same spot. Smirking, he kicked it in Jake's direction. "Yeh sure." He said, hearing the whistle and ready to say anything for the piercing noise to stop. It didn't help that Jack couldn't whistle and therefore had taken an instant disliking to the sound of someone else whistling. It was nothing personal, just the general idea of whistling that got to him.

Jake was glad that that awkward topic of conversation. He made a mental note to make sure he stayed just friends with Amy. Jake stopped whistling and tapped the ball up on one foot, then into a header, back toward Jack. "Your good." he commented, smiling. He grinned , hoping that they could play for a while, he was seriously out of practice since he left home, he missed soccer terribly.

Jack smiled to himself gratefully as the whistling noise stopped. He shrugged the compliment away and watched Jake for a moment. "Same for you." He said, his eyebrows raised as Jake passed the ball back again. He kicked it around and then back towards Jake. He had all the time in the world, and was ready for some practise. Jake seemed a good kid, one that Jack would get on well with. Hoping that he would hang around, Jack turned his thoughts back to the mini game going on.

Jake smiled as Jack commented on his playing. "Do you play?" he asked, tossing the ball back toward Jack, with a flick of his foot. He smiled, soccer was a good way to get your mind off things. "So,what's going on around here?" he asked, curious about the town he would soon be living in, as soon as he started in Durmstrang.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry-rubbish post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back