Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Whippy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Brevity had been at the school a whole year and a half. She liked it no more than that first day. It was just a school. Whatever kool-aid the other kids were drinking about how amazing this place was, Brevity's cup was not filled with. She hadn't bothered going home, she hated them anyway, and since she was soon to turn 17 was already planning to move out, and already planning to just drop out. No one would keep her here...well...besides Maisie. That girl was the sole reason that Brevity would stick around. But Brevity didn't want to seem desperate for her, so she was wandering around herself, and came to the forest, a place that was forbidden, and at least from where she was standing didn't seem all that dangerous. It just seemed to be a forest.

Killian normally did not leave the confines of his office much. He mainly either saw his girlfriend, taught, or worked out. That was why he was heading out to the forest since he could use the fallen trees to his advantage - though never deep enough into centaur territory. Plus, students were supposed to stay away. At least, so he had hoped. He headed down toward the forest a little earlier than he would have normally. Killian stopped when he saw a student in the forbidden lands. Seriously? He folded his arms across his chest. He didn't want to get too close, but he might give her the benefit of the doubt. Didn't Care of Magical Creatures hold their classes out here? "You shouldn't be out in the forest without a professor's supervision, at the very least." It was for the protection of the students, not that Killian knew the full extent of the history behind why the forest was so dangerous. If they didn't want students in there, they should have a fence or something.

Brevity was just standing at the edge, not yet stepping inside of the forest and it was likely a good thing since the massive history of magic professor was in front of her. She had to hold herself back from rolling her eyes at him. "I wasn't planning on going in, I was just looking," she told him, perhaps more sharply than she should when she was supposed to be talking to a professor. "Are we punishing students from being a little curious?" Brevity continued. "Saying something is forbidden is bound to make it so interesting to students,"

Killian sincerely doubted that she was just looking, opposed to debating on going into the forest. He glanced behind him at the trees, still wondering why it was so dangerous. He truly needed to do some history on the grounds, since his extended to the Tri-Wizard tournament. He could probably ask if he could be bothered as well. "I wasn't planning on punishing you, one way or another." No, Killian didn't want to have to deal with her Head of House and all that other drama if it came down to it. "You do have a point. Forbidden can provoke curiosity, however, they say it is forbidden for a reason. That's why I am letting you know, you need a professor's supervision if you want to venture in." Killian himself went in and out of the forest regularly, though he knew better than to cross certain lines into other territories.

Brevity was a little surprised by what the Professor said. She had come to think of all the professors as lame. They were just there to do their jobs, the bare minimum, and then leave. None of them had time for her curiosities, or to acknowledge that education was dumb for so many reasons. But here a professor was offering to supervise her as she went into the forest. Said professor was also, given his size, more than likely to be able to actually protect her should something go wrong. "How far will you let me venture?" she decided to ask.

Killian glanced up as he thought about how deep he would let her go in. Distance was hard to convert since his strides were a lot longer than a students. Or other adults here. "I would say about half a kilometer in." That was more than fair in his eyes. And, he had his wand on him just in case. However, just because he was offering to let her go in, albeit under his watch, would she actually do it? Or, did she want to just say she was curious and nope out of there at the first sign of trouble? Killian was prideful, and often overestimated his own abilities, thinking he was invincible from time to time. "Just don't run off. I can't guarantee your safety that way."

Brevity raised an eyebrow at what he said, he was actually letting her go into the forest. "Okay, but you'll have to keep track of what half a kilometer in is," she replied before stepping forward into the forest. She didn't go too quickly or too far immediately, letting him catch up a little but certainly it was brevity guiding them in the forest. The forest itself wasn't unlike what she had expected to see, it wouldn't have been immediately filled with terrible things, it was, just a forest. "Do professors know what creatures reside in here?"

One of the best things about the forest was that the trees were taller than him, so often, he did not have to worry about one smacking him in the face. Killian adjusted his robes, since his plans of working out went out the window today. Now, he was just following after a student that was curious. Even if he was behind her, he could easily get her out of the way should something come up. "One would think. From what I know, there are centaurs here. I've heard rumors of acromantulas, but I've not seen webbing." Killian did not even have his wand out. He didn't need it. "If I'm not mistaken, the only deaths that occurred here were from people not respecting the line between the school and the centaur territory."

Brevity was surprised when he seemed to answer the question honestly. She wasn't much of a history girl, in fact she was pretty sure she had failed his class. But she was thinking maybe it wouldn't be too bad. She could figure that centaurs would get annoyed, "Surely then it's important to tell students the reason it's not safe, if there are centaurs," she countered, since students might not go wandering into places they shouldn't be more if they knew the why of why it wasn't safe.

Killian would have to agree with the Slytherin on that one. There might be more to it, but surely, the students were entitled to know why it was dangerous. "Some students might want to befriends centaurs so it is likely that is why they don't spell everything. Sometimes, it might be best to not know what's out there." Killian did not know if that was the reason. "A few more steps and that is far enough." Killian figured that this was enough for her curiosity to be filled by going into the forest. He looked around, and so far, heard nothing else.

Brevity rolled her eyes, "So teach students about centaurs in a respectful manner and they won't go looking for them," she replied, as if that would fix it. It was certainly what she thought would fix it. It had to be soemthing that would fix it. Brevity came to a stop and just glanced around. It was almost disappointing, if this hadn't been exactly what she'd expected. it was just a forest. "How far into this place can you see?"

"I think that is Care of Magical Creature's jurisdiction," Killian said with a small shrug of his shoulders. He did not know much about that class, or magical creatures themselves. He never took a liking to it or an interest. And, he only took classes in school that he personally liked. He looked around and saw more trees, and then darkness. It could be eerie for people not to know what was lurking in the dark, but he himself didn't have a fear of that. "Not much. Mainly trees. If you had your fill, I'll lead you out of here." Killian assumed that her Head of House might not like his students in the forest, with or without a professor. Killian himself thought that a fence would do, to separate where not to cross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back