What's done is done

Adrian Goulding

Wand
Macassar Ebony wood with Runespoor Fang core
Adrian had been lying low ever since the deed had been accomplished. He had took the body from the scene, and had done his very best to hide it from the view of muggles, and had used a disillusion charm to hide it as best as he could from witches and wizards. Adrian whipped his wand out, from the cover of darkness, and also being camouflaged by the heavily forested area, but didn't want to take a chance to be seen. Adrian cast a talking patronus, which took the form of a jackal. He made a little statement to the jackal, which would say to its intended target. "Urgently we speak, apparate to my destination of Dwellers Pond,Auckland. Adrian" Adrian sent it away to Mark Schwarz.

Mark had been reading over some paperwork at his kitchen table at home, having taken some of his extra work home with him to complete. Having extra work was quite stressful - but all the more rewarding when it was completed. He just wished sometimes that he could absorb all the information without having to go to the trouble of reading it all.
Taking off his reading glasses, Mark rubbed his head, which was starting to ache from all the words. He stood up and was just about to brew a pot of tea when a silver jackal - the patronus of his friend Adrian - appeared in his room with a message. Mark put the kettle aside, grabbed his cloak and wand, and apparated away to the destination specified with a loud crack.

Arriving at the destination, Mark cast 'lumos' with his wand, and hurried along to where he could see another figure - Adrian. He quickly reached Adrian and extinguished his wand, figuring that the less chance they had of being seen, the better. "Adrian, my friend, I take it that this is not a...casual meeting?" he asked, eyebrow raised.

"Mark, my old friend" Adrian boomed, extending his hand. "I have one favour to ask. I would not ask if I didn't think you were capable"Adrian honestly said. "I would like you to spy upon my dear brother Ben. Find out as much about him as you can. Will you accept this task?" Adrian asked, not wanting to pressurise him into it. "I would do it myself, but I think he may see the resemblance and you have the advantage of working in the Ministry of Magic as does he" Adrian asked of him."I cannot trust this task with anyone. I do not trust anyone else bar from you my old friend" Adrian said gracefully.

"Very well," Mark mumbled with a nod, before Adrian explained the task required to him. "Ah, I see. I will gladly accept the task. It will be my honour," he said, a wry smile on his usually stony expression. "I shall endeavour to find out as much as I can for you." He paused for a moment, in reflection. "Ben Goulding...he works in the Department of Experimental Charms, does he not?" he asked, more as a statement than a question.

"The very one" Adrian said licking his lips. "A grand and noble person you are Mark. How glad I was to call you my friend" Adrian said thinking back to Durmstrang. "How strange fate is" Adrian stated. "We went to Durmstrang, and now we both ended up in New Zealand as Death Eaters" Adrian smirked. "If you ever need a favour, then don't hesitate to ask" Adrian said smiling slightly. "I have hidden the body to the best of my ability" Adrian said, eyebrows raised. "Zhefarovich is a strange character indeed. I neither like him nor dislike him. I shall have to keep my eye on him in the future" Adrian said recalling how arrogant and smarmy he was.

Mark bowed. "I was very proud of your efforts the other day," he said with a smirk. In Mark's opinion, it took great strength to kill one of one's own family. "And I am glad we are still friends," he added, happily. "Indeed, fate works in mysterious ways," he agreed, looking pensive. "That Zhefarovich is strange indeed. I have heard his son, who walks among our ranks, teaches at the Hogwarts school," Mark mused. "But the old man is someone to be wary of. I am not sure of him. Although I do know that he is an important ally," he added, knowing that Asparuh Zhefarovich was a great Death Eater and admirable in his devotion to the group. But one could never trust another man fully, especially not in the Death Eaters. Adrian was an exception - they had been good friends at Durmstrang, and good friends they remained now.

"Yes be wary of him I shall" Adrian agreed. "I had not heard that he has a son that teaches at Hogwarts. Hmm a spy. That will prove to be very useful" Adrian said rubbing his hands together. "Tell me Mark, was I wrong to kill my father? The man who gave me up, the man that loved me once but never again. The man that never told my brothers of my existence" Adrian asked his voice slightly raised. "Even though I do not regret my action, I sometimes wonder upon it why he did all those things" Adrian added. "Oh it may please you to know, I have applied to work in your department, gives us a chance to exchange views, and the most important task. To spy upon the ministry" Adrian laughed. "Of course this is if I do get accepted" He said quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back