What's all the ruckus about politics?!?!

Victor Crimson

OOC First Name
Madz
Victor sat at the edge of his seat almost nodding off when he felt a roll of parcel slap in front of him from the morning uprising. It was a newsletter from the muggel world and a letter from his parents. They were still in the political eyes so they often didn't use his surname unsure to trust the parcel with a winging animal like an owl to deliver their messages. The letter clearly states how much they've missed Victor and are close to leaving politics for good if it didn't include him. He didn't know what to say to this, it was news for him to read. He read the newsletter after and saw a picture of his parents and of course his decoy who would come out with them every now and than just to stop the muggels from prying. He would have to write them back and remind them he's doing well with his aunt Rameses. He was in the middle of an article when he saw another owl drop a parcel right next to him.

It wasn't for Victor but he read half of the headlines. "Politics?" Victor read on. "Whoa this is news to me, I didn't even know they had politics?" he said this out loud not particularly to anyone but he had the itch to read more. He's never consider politics before but now that it exist in this world, he was thinking at that moment. Maybe he could be a minister one day? Think of the possibility he thought to himself. He was just slightly confused he wonder if its the same way they run it in America. Victor sat thinking on his own.

Alexandra passed by the Gryffindor table on her way to the Slytherin table that morning. She wasn't a morning person, and absolutely disliked animals, so being in the great hall for breakfast was absolute torture for her. The constant screeching from the owls, and having to duck for cover when she wasn't even fully awake was worse than being in the dungeons for her. She noticed a boy about her age ready to fall asleep at the Gryffindor table, just when a parcel knocked him in the head. Alex couldn't help but smirk, and she overheard him say aloud that he didn't know they had politics. Her nosiness overcame her shyness, and she turned around and walked a few steps back to him.

"I don't mean to interrupt your, newspaper reading, but did you just say you didn't know the wizarding world had politics?" She raised an eyebrow curiously, and was wondering if he was actually joking or not. She crossed her arms over her white blouse and glanced at the top of the newspaper. It was upside-down from her angle, but she could still read the header. She had already read about the Minister of Magic stepping down, and she had a feeling that the Death Eaters would try something, especially if her sister had something to do with it.

"Well its fair to say it" Victor put the newsletter down."I've been here at Hogwarts for a fair five amount of years" he said proudly to the Slytherin girl. "Don't it strike you odd that in those five years no one ever mention to me about politics?" he just found out about his aunt recently so she could'nt have told him about the wizaring world. All that he's learn here, well he learnt it all on his own. "In America we have
Politics mention all the time in the media" not to mention his parents, not many knew his parents were politicians in California.
"I just wanna know the difference? How do they choose? Democracy or ..." what was that other word again. He wanted to say dictation but that didn't make sense.

Alexandra listened carefully to the words that the boy was saying. At first, she thought he was kidding, but just by reading his face, she could tell he was being serious. "What strikes me odd is that you never found out about wizarding politics until now." She said smugly, yet not rudely. He spoke about the United States of America, and how politics were always in the news. It was the same for Spain and Sweden; politics was everywhere in the muggle world, and Alex wasn't too fond of it. In a more serious tone, she began to explain. "I don't know much about politics, but I'm quite sure that it's usually the current Minister's decision as to what method." Her father had tried explaining politics to her once, and she pretended not to understand. "From what I've read, there is going to be an election for the next Minister. So, yes; in this case it is a Democracy." She continued to say. Alexandra had always been a very intelligent girl, but just never let it show. She saw what her muggle schoolmates did to their smarter peers, and didn't want the same for herself, so she kept it in.

"Well I try not to think about it much. What kinda teenager am I if I think about it? Till I read this" he pointed to the newsletter besides him. "I just don't agree with how they run it here. I mean how many years has this guy been Minister? Sounds more like being a king if you ask me" it didn't sound democracy at all. Well the part where he resign and just decided not to be minister no more. The part were everyone votes that part he was familiar with, that's how his father move from senate seat to Governor. "How do they chose candidates? From what I read the ministry hadn't seem to have any as of yet" Victor pointed to where it mention more of the aftermath that followed the minister resigning. "Than I read a little of the gossip collum, you think its true what they say in there? All that stuff about the minister?" it was sounded more Hollywood than the wizaring world. Victor never in his life would picture the wizaring world sounded chaotic with gossip drama and the minister personal life being spread without a care. He always saw this world a lot more careful than his muggel life. I mean they were still hiding the existence of the wizaring world, why would some trash the minister after how many years of leading New Zealand Ministry.

Alexandra had always been used to the way things were run in New Zealand, she sort of forgot that Gellert Coote had been Minister for a very long time. "You seem so passionate about politics, most people our age don't care that much." She pointed out in a monotone. It was sort of peculiar that he was so into what he was reading about the election, and the process, and even the gossip surrounding the minister. "I don't really pay much attention to politics, but I have had my eye on the election, and the candidates, though there are none yet." Alex stated. She was really interested to see who was going to run, she had a gut feeling that the Death Eaters were going to plan out something, but then again, almost every auror did too. As far as the gossip goes, Alexandra had never paid attention to gossip, especially after that magazine had been printed out a few years ago spreading all of the gossip from around the school, doing who-knows-what to people's lives. "My view on gossip is, it's just that, gossip. It can hurt people, so I don't read it, listen to it, spread it or start it. You would expet more from the Daily Prophet to just respect that it's his time to resign. No, they have to dig through their dirty minds to see what juicy story they can come up with." Alexandra sort of agreed with him. Listening to herself talk, sort of surprised her; she was a caring person. She had probably known it all along, but had to hear herself say it out loud to confirm it.

Victor flushed slightly, he let his parents get to him without even trying. How was he suppose to tell someone he never met before that his parents are politics in the muggel world. Let alone them being muggels which some had rather nasty opinion on them. "Well I grew around that sort of environment you can say" his pupils widen hearing his words. He just had to prepare himself if she asked anymore questions about it. "I have to pay attention to it a lot more than kids my age" he smirked, a twisted smile cross his face at the girl. She had been kind enough to give her own opinion about it and for that he respected her a lot more than most around here right about now.
"Your right gossip will always be gossip" like the time the media was saying stuff about his dad. "The only thing I hate about gossip is that they make things sounds so dirty" yes his father was gossip about some sex scandals. It had almost brought his family to tearing apart but it had all been a lie. Dad even sued the gossip magazine that spread lies about him. He got far since he was able to prove it with lie detector tests and asking the magazine to show proof of him cheating. They couldn't so the magazine fail without trying to fight back. "Politics shouldn't be in the gossip columns, but eh can't do nothing about it. Guess that's how they get their readers" especially the ones sitting right next to him. They were all brown nosing the damn thing like if it were matter of life and death.

Alex took a seat, tired of standing, and she didn't like how she as looking down onto the Gryffindor boy. She was intrigued, he said he had to pay more attention than most people their age, and she wanted to know more. "Are your parents in the Ministry, or even going to be candidates for Minister of Magic?" She asked, looking down at her fingernails. Alexandra realised that she didn't even know this kids' name. She looked up from her hands, and turned her head towards him, asking, "What's your name?" Opting not to offer her own name first.

When the Gryffindor mentioned that that's how they got their readers, Alexandra took a look around her, and noticed that almost every other student at the table had a paper less than two inches away from their faces. She smirked, not surprised by this. People nowadays were interested in the downfall of those around them to escape their own lives. "Well, in a world of magic and mystery, what else would you expect people to do than read the gossip columns?" Alexandra retorted sarcastically before looking back down at her hands, out of social habit.

Victor sat up straight when the Slytherin girl sat down. They were still in uniform so he knew she didn't belong here so did everyone else who looked up. It didn't matter, Victor didn't live in the prejudice days. Thank goodness for that, or else he would be with the rest of them that were still like that. "Well no my parents don't even know about the ministry to be detailed" he cleared his throat slightly while he explain. "My parents live in the muggel world. They pretty much had to study the ins and out of politicians all together. Since they've finished high school all the way till grad school" he nodded looking down. She pretty much know what that mean, yes muggels and politician. Boring background but oh such a different kid to be raise by them. "I on the other hand study the next big hit waves and when will the next competition for surfing will be" he added smiling doubtfully wondering if she got that part too. Most wizard didn't so Victor often had to break down to them. "My names Victor, Victor Crimson" he said. "What about yours? Don't tell me the future of gossip columns" he chuckle jokingly. That comment was sort of cheesy but he didn't think he was trying for anything. Just being normal instead of a know it all, which was odd sort of.

"I disagree with that statement. In a world of magic gossip columns should be banned to resort the peace the wizaring world needs, but than again your right. It shows some truce in what they write but I don't believe them one a bit. I'm not a reader I'm a visualizer, if I don't see it happening than it can't be true right? I mean something insane like this" his eyes fell on the newsletter. "Sane news I would believe something like this I don't think I can trust the words of Cynthia" especially if she dislike the muggel world or thinks its all about being pure blood to make you the greatest. In favor of the candidates Victor was hoping for a muggel born to run. Maybe he could help in someway while attending school. It started to sound like a good idea, he ponder the thoughts more for later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back