Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Rainbows & Heart
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
It was her first week at Hogwarts New Zealand and once she got sorted, Lauryn found a time to send her mum and uncle an update. From her arrival to her sorting. And their reply was ecstatically exciting. Her uncle has some knowledge about Hogwarts and their house and told her that Hufflepuff was the best choice. The Hufflepuff was happy that they accepted her house for the rest of her schooling. Her mum asked her about subjects and lessons that she will eventually update next week when she's got the hang of her schedule.

But the part that bothered her was her uncle asking her how was the school sport. Which she has no idea about. She had asked around and found out that it was Quidditch. Growing up in the United States, all she's ever known was quodpot and soccer, football and basketball but never she had heard about Quidditch. Thus, with a book about the sport in hand, Lauryn went down to the school's pitch and was in awe of how large it was. Although, Spain's soccer arena is, by far, the largest for her.

Lauryn opened the book and read on and while doing so, the Hufflepuff was looking on the field.

Since hearing that she had made it on the team as an alternative Chaser, Geo had spent even more of her spare time practicing her flying, as hard as that was to come by these days with her current lesson plan. Nevertheless, she'd replaced a few of her usual early morning runs with Quidditch and after a successful session out on the pitch, the pink haired girl gathered her belongings and began to make her way back up to the castle.

She hadn't walked very far when she saw a student reading on the side of the pitch, occasionally glancing up to look around the field. By the looks of things she couldn't have been much more than a first year, although it did feel as though that was her just yesterday, and how they had already been a second wave of new students after her, Geo wasn't quite sure. "Hey" She called out, taking a detour towards the girl. "Bit of a strange place to read isn't it?" She asked, wondering why if she was trying to concentrate why she hadn't chosen somewhere like the library. She could even understand wanting to read outside, but she was certain a bench on the lawn would have been much more preferable.

Lauryn was in too deep on her research about Quidditch. She was too fascinated about it to know what was happening to her surroundings. When someone approached her, telling her about something strange to read or whatever. But she realized she was holding a a book about Quidditch. Lauryn waved the book slightly and giggled. "Oh! I was just curious about this sport. It's fascinating, although, it's very dangerous." The dangerous part wasn't really bothering her. Like what her dad would say, do or die there's no danger in what you love doing and Lauryn thought that she would eventually love Quidditch once someone would teach her the basic about it. "I'm sorry, I was rude. I'm Lauryn Woodlock, I could say I'm new here. Like I'm a first year but I'm not a muggle if that's what you're thinking because I didn't know about Quidditch." The eleven year old sigh and tried to explain. "I was born at the other side of the hemisphere and Quidditch isn't really very known there. I bet you know about Quidditch?" She asked enthusiastically to the pink haired girl. It was odd students can dye their hair freely here.

Geo listened as the girl tried to explain that she wasn't sure what Quidditch was, although the third year gave a smile when she mentioned it was dangerous. "That's all part of the fun" she said honestly. Asides from the competition, the fact that it was a dangerous sport was something that had intrigued Geo to sign up in the first place. Life could be so boring if you didn't take any risks at all, and her morning run hardly compared to it. "Nice to meet you Lauryn. I'm Geo. Geo Volt. I know Quidditch I suppose. I'm an alternative on the team this year, but I've been flying with my best friend quite a lot since I joined Hogwarts" She loved flying with Elly, and as Ravenclaw's keeper it gave them both good practise for the real games. "Are you looking to find out anything in particular?" She offered, wondering if she'd be able to help the first year understand the game she was curious about. Noting of her last comments, she hoped she wasn't being rude by prying too hard too quickly, especially since she was making a special effort not to go overboard as soon as she met new people now. "Where are you from?" She asked, leaning on her broomstick.

Hearing that this girl, Geo, was one of the players on their house team. She was ecstatic and honoured to meet one. Of course, beside her cousin. Lauryn had only meet one person who plays the sport. "Oh my god! I'm happy that I met you. I've been so curious and would like to know everything about it. I mean this book has little help but really, who are we kidding? It's better to talk to people with knowledge about it." She'd asked her cousin too many annoying times to tell him about Quidditch but he won't just do it. He would always tell her that it's better she'd just stick to soccer. When asked where she was from, she didn't hesitate. She was proud to say where she was originally from. "I'm from the United States. Like soccer, Quidditch isn't really known there. All I know was that we have at least three teams and that's it." Yes, it was sad to hear that Quodpot is the most popular wizarding game in North America. At least, now, that she's living in a country where Quidditch is very known. Lauryn could attend bigger events, like the one they're talking about, the world cup like soccer has. "Out of context and curiosity ... Why do you have pink hair? I always wanted to dye my hair purple." Lauryn asked bluntly.

Geo wasn't quite sure what to say when the girl seemed overjoyed to have met her. She was one of the team's newest players, and she was much better of talking to someone like April or Elly. "Oh, well I can talk you through the basics?" She offered, unsure if she'd be of any more use than the book she was holding in her hands. "I have some spare time now, maybe I show you how it works?" She looked back the way she'd come from the Quidditch Pitch. There were a few others out there but not too many that it would get complicated to explain. Geo nodded when she replied she was from the US, although never having visited the States herself, and being from the other side of the world, she could neither agree or deny her statement about Quidditch there. "I only really starting taking an interest in it once I moved here" said Geo, thinking back to her days at the orphanage. They had of course been told about the sport, but since everyone was too young to ride a broom they'd be pushed in the direction of things like wizards chess instead. She gave a small laugh when the younger student asked about her hair, "Well why don't you? Mine's pink because it's such a fun colour!" . She resisted the urge to change the shades right then and there to show what she could do, not particularly feeling the temptation to then explain the extent of her abilities. Geo was unaware however of the difficulties one would have to go to if they didn't have her fortunate gift, and she did wonder why more students didn't have fun with their hair too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back