Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Flexible Rosewood Wand with Veela Hair Core
Odette's life was a mess lately, with a brother and a sister she never knew about bothering her at school all the time and classes getting harder, she knew she was losing control of her charming persona a little bit. It didn't matter that much anyway, her reputation hadn't been great ever since she'd put up posters to accuse Harley. She didn't mind, she was on the quidditch team now and soon everyone would know her for that. Besides, she was kind of done pretending to be a nice person when nobody was bothering to pretend to be nice to her. Harley and Hayley were big fat liars who first promised they would leave the family stuff alone, only to throw it in her face later. She just wanted a break from it all. Even Margo knew about it, and while it had been nice to express her feelings, she now felt like she couldn't look at her friend without seeing sympahthy in her eyes. As nice as it was sometimes, she just wanted to leave her drama behind for now and just enjoy herself.

So she looked for Hayden, he was one of the few people she didn't feel like she had to pretend as much with. The best part was that he had no idea about her half-siblings. Even if he had paid attention during the sorting, and noticed the blonde girl sharing her last name, he wouldn't have thought much of it. Harper wasn't an uncommon last name, after all. She spotted him at the Slytherin table around breakfast time and glared at a first year until she made room for her to sit next to him. She smiled at him, he really was cute. She hoped they would go to the dances again together this year, as he had asked her a few times in the past. But there were many pretty girls in his year too, and she had no idea if he liked them or not. "So... you're our new keeper, huh?" She asked as a way of greeting, raising an eyebrow slightly. They both knew he hadn't talked to her before trying out, and while it had been a pleasant surprise, she wondered why he hadn't. "Well done." It rankled her a little bit that he didn't have to spend a whole year as an alternate like she had, but she was glad to play with him on the team. If anyone had to replace Alana it may as well be someone she liked.

Hayden sat quietly in the Great hall eating his morning cereal, though he wasn't thrilled at the number of nearby first years. The presence of first years only reminded Hayden of his siblings, which wasn't always a good thing, and how they would soon be joining him at Hogwarts, at least he would be nearly done with his studies by the time that happened. It was still early in the semester but things seemed to be going well for Hayden, he had taken the decision to tryout for the Quidditch team for the open keeper position and got it. He was surprised, but then there weren't many people trying out so the competition wasn't that strong.

After sitting alone for most of breakfast Hayden suddenly felt a shift on the benches around him. One of the bratty first years moved over and someone he was much happier to see too their place. Though Hayden's face didn't change all that much when Odette took a seat he was please nonetheless and flashed her a small but welcoming smile. "Good morning to you too Odette," He responded to her unusual greeting. "I am indeed, are you okay with that?" Hayden asked, he didn't yet know how Odette felt about his sudden appearance on the Quidditch team or about the fact he hadn't told her he was trying out. Now was a good a time as any to get the answers.

Odette smiled and tilted her head slightly as Hayden said good morning to her, though she didn't say it back. Instead she grabbed some toast and started buttering it as if she needed some time to think of her own answer to his question. It was a funny thing to ask, as if her opinion mattered to him. Did it? Probably not enough to make him quiet the team if she said she wasn't okay with it, but she still liked that he asked. She gave him a sideways look with a small smile. "I didn't know you valued my opinion so much," she said teasingly. "There are worse people to be on a team with, I suppose." She really didn't mind that he was on the team as well, she actually kind of liked the idea. "Many worse people." She added, trying to show she was happy with him being their keeper without explicitly saying so. "Beater is the better position, though. Wouldn't keeper get boring?" It would for her, just staying in one spot without getting to hit something? Yawn. She definitely had the best position on the whole team, in her own opinion. But if he had tried out for beater they would have been competition, and if she had lost her spot to him she would have been angry.

She was glad she had found the boy, as she felt more at ease already just talking to him. He was so far removed from everything that was bothering her, it was like a fresh of breath air. It was as close to the feeling she got when she was flying she'd gotten without leaving the ground. They had gone to some dances together in the past, and she hoped he would ask her again. Her mother had taught her the boys were supposed to ask the girls, otherwise she would have just done it instead. She still might, as she was impatient and annoyed with her mother anyway. The idea of being rejected, however, was mortifying.

The little smile on Odette's lips didn't go unnoticed by Hayden, "Of course, you're opinion means everything," He said casually, not even making eye contact as he made the comment. The comment about there being worse people to be on the team with made him smile, it was as close to a compliment as he would get from Odette, and he knew what she meant by it. "I can see why you like beater, I imagine its a good outlet for anger, but I like keeper, I think the position suits me and its fun," He said smiling at Odette, they had always had quidditch in common but that connection was even deeper now they were team mates and he liked that. Once he finished his cereal he pushed the bowl away and turned fully to Odette. "Hey Odette, while I've got you, I wanted to ask you something,"

Odette's eyebrows raised when Hayden told her her opinion meant everything, she was sure he was joking but it still made her feel odd, in a good way. She smirked when he said beater suited her. "Are you saying I have pent-up anger, Hayden?" She asked him with a challenge in her eyes, she did she supposed, but she didn't know if she liked people seeing that part of her. If anyone, it was okay that it was Hayden as he wouldn't use it against her. And she could hit a bludger his way during practice if he did. When he told her he wanted to ask her something, she paused and put the toast down, wondering what it was. She hoped he was asking her to the yule ball again, though it could be anything really. "What is it?" She asked, trying hard not to look too curious.

Matthew had been trying to find Odette for a little while now, and he got the feeling his sister was avoiding him. So today, he was going to grab his chance to talk to her even if it was slightly rude. He spotted her talking to one of her friends and sighed, he would just have to interrupt them to at least get her attention for one second. Maybe he could get her to agree to meet him later, at least. He needed to explain about Charlotte, tell her how little their sister really knew so Odette wouldn't accidentally hurt her by dropping information on her. He also just really wanted to make sure she was alright, his protectiveness over her was what had brought him to this country in the first place. Even before he knew anything about her but her name, he had wanted to make sure she was okay. Being pushed away by her was frustrating, even though he tried to be understanding. So after hesitating for a moment he approached the two at the Slytherin table. "Excuse me, Odette, can we talk for a minute?"

Hayden tried not to laugh when Odette asked if he was suggesting she had pent-up anger, he casually shrugged his shoulders, "I've seen the way you hit bludgers, its impressive but there is definitely anger behind it," He smiled at her, he suspected she had some anger issues but he would never hold that against her. Hayden had asked Odette to the Yule ball before, she was probably expecting it by now but when he asked her again he wanted it to mean more than previously. He was all set to ask her when someone appeared next to them, Hayden didn't know the boy and he didn't care to get to know him either, he had interrupted him at the worse possible time and wanted to talk to Odette. "She's busy at the moment," Hayden said bitterly and without looking at him.

Odette shrugged a little, his reasoning was sound but she didn't want to confirm or deny it. "I just want to win." She said vaguely. She was ready to hear Hayden's question now, impatient for him to get on with it so she could say yes. She wondered which dress she should wear this time, a blue one? Maybe black? She had worn white and silver in the last two years, so it was time for something new. She was snapped out of dress thoughts as another voice cut through. A horribly familiar voice. She snapped her head around to glare at her brother. "No we cannot talk." She said with annoyance. Really, he had the worst timing in the world. "Very busy." She added, agreeing with Hayden. "Later, alright?" She hissed, knowing it would make him go away faster than just telling him to scram.

Matthew sighed and frowned at the boy Odette was talking to as he spoke to him rudely. Who was this boy? He glanced between him and his sister, his brow furrowing. He sighed as Odette said later, he was sure she would be avoiding him again later. He gave the boy a disapproving look before looking back at Odette. "Fine. Later." He said slowly. "Tomorrow at lunch, okay?" He sighed when she nodded reluctantly and then turned to go, wondering if he could find out who this boy was by asking around. He felt odd about such a rude boy hanging around his sister, even if it seemed she was enjoying his company. He glanced behind him as he left the great hall.

Hayden nodded as Odette said she just wanted to win, but before he could say anything they were joined by the older boy. After he said his peace to him, he left Odette to deal with him and thankfully whatever it was he wanted to speak to her about, he didn't push her on it. Hayden watched as he walked away and grinned when he turned his attention back to Odette. "Now where was I?" He asked, a wide grin on his face now he had her all to himself once again. "Yes, will you go to the Yule ball with me...as my date, not as friends," As they had been to every ball so far as friends, Hayden wanted to make his intentions clear. He didn't want them to be just friends anymore.

Odette was silently fuming that her brother had dared to interrupt her in this moment. She wondered what Hayden was thinking, was he wondering who this guy was? Should she confide in him? She didn't want to, Hayden was the only part of her life that hadn't been infested by her family drama yet.

She was worried he would ask for some sort of explanation, worried he'd think something completely wrong, but he didn't ask her anything. The insecure part of her mind wondered why he didn't seem worried about another boy approaching her, as he didn't know he was her brother.

Before she could quietly worry more, the boy asked her to the ball, which made her happy. But his next words made her heart soar, as silly as that made her feel. Part of her was irritated by her reaction, she didn't want anyone to influence her emotions with a few simple words, but the larger part of her was excited. Her expression didn't betray any of her excitement, however. She simply looked like she was considering it, though she couldn't fight a tiny smithat.."That would be acceptable." She said, overly casual. Then her smile widened. "I mean, I would like that. A lot." Admitting that felt like a weakness, but she recognized that Hayden probably felt the same way even asking her. She wondered if he saw this as a one time thing or if he wanted them to actually date. As confident as she often pretended to be, she couldn't gather the courage to ask him that.

Hayden had to admit he was a little curious about the identity of the older boy who had shown up to talk to Odette, but given her reaction to him, he decided it wasn't worth worrying about. After all, he didn't want to talk himself out of asking her to the ball. Once the boy was gone and Hayden managed to get out what he wanted to say, he was a little taken aback by her reaction. Sure she had said yes, but she didn't seem exactly excited about it, though that didn't last long as Odette soon broke out into a smile and elaborated that she would like it a lot. Hayden raised his hand to his mouth to cover the uncontrollable wide smile that had broken out on his lips. "Okay good, I look forward to it," He smiled, in the moment he felt confidence flowing through him and he leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers.

Odette was glad she had told him she really liked the idea of going together when she saw the relief on his face. She could tell he was smiling even though he tried to hide it, and she couldn’t help but think that was very cute. “I look forward to it too.” She said with a nod, her mind drifting to possible dresses again. She really needed something beautiful for this. It took her a second to realize Hayden’s face was getting closer to hers, and his lips were on hers before she knew what was happening. Odette was nervous, this was new territory for her and she couldn’t really take a moment to think of what to do, what would be acceptable and charming. This caused her to be a little tense, closing her eyes as she placed a hand on his arm. Breaking away after a moment, she gave him a nervous smile, for once she had nothing witty or sharp to say.

Hayden was looking forward to the Yule ball and as much as he loved spending time with Odette it was clear there was nothing left to be said in that moment. As it happened Hayden had finished his breakfast and had placed to be but he kept smiling, he was happy which was a strange feeling for the Slytherin. "I should head off to class, I'll see you later in the common room?" Hayden asked as he picked up his bag and got to his feet. Once she responded he leaned down to kiss her on the cheek and made his way out of the hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back