What time is it? Summer Time!

Clemence Pelletier

OOC First Name
Brittany.
Wand
Yew Wand, 13 1/2", Essence of Phoenix Feather.
Clemence awoke to the loud pounding of someone's knuckles on wood. A groan and a moan to accompany it, she rolled over in her bed, pulling her pillow over her head and pleaded, "Five more minutes Maman!" It was summer, what need did she have of waking up early? Well at least on a Weekend. During the week there was a huge number of things but at this point, her mind couldn't function. But then she remembered, Alexius was coming over! Lolling her head to the side, she looked at her clock and immediately gasped. It was early noon and he should have been here minutes ago!

Frantically, Clemence hopped out of her bed and pulled a sweater on. Her hair was a mess and she only had time to brush it, in her boxing shorts and fuzzy slippers she looked like a mess and what was worse that her older sister called out for her in her melodic voice saying, "Clemence, your beau is waiting out here for you." She groaned loudly and, not bothering to look in the mirror she opened the door to see Alexius standing there. She smiled sheepishly and said, "Hello Alexius." Of course the girl's sister had to snicker and say, "Nice hair, little sister." Looking from her boyfriend to her sister as she walked away, Clemence glared with frustration. "Merci, Genevieve." Looking back at Alexius she could feel her cheeks heat up with embarrassment. "I'm so sorry, were you waiting long? I guess my alarm didn't go off or I didn't hear it or something but I over slept and you're here and I'm looking like this..." Trailing off, she smiled sheepishly before stepping more out of her room to embrace him into a tight hug. God only knew just how much she loved had missed him and now he was here.

Sorry for the gm, i'll edit if you so wish.

Alexius Strauss had been enjoying the past few weeks respite that his adoptive mothers had allowed him before the whole job searching got underway. It was technically his last summer of freedom, from now on he would be part of the workforce. Part of the humdrum lives that worried themselves senseless about pay packets, bills and other adult things. Maximus seemed to have it all sorted with his Vineyard, though Alexius knew that his twin had years of hard work ahead of him he still felt jealous that Max once again had his future taken care of. While he on the other hand had only one thing in his future that he was 100% sure of and that was Clemence.

As he approached her house he stood for a moment looking at the colossal structure before him. They were rich and that was very obvious. He glanced down at the clothes he was wearing and cursed himself for not putting on something else but these had been comfortable especially in the heatwave they seemed to be experiencing. If he had his way he'd be walking around topless but he did want to give a good first impression. As he knocked upon the front door he sighed, how could he bring her to his small pokey home after this place? He didn't have long to dwell on it however as the door was opened and he was whisked in. A handshake and a giggle he received before the young woman took him up the stairs and soon began hammering on the door to a room.

When he realised it was Clemence's bedroom his eyes widened in shock and excitement. It felt like way too long since he had seen her and he seriously couldn't wait. She opened the door looking beautiful, tousled and scrunched by from just getting out of bed but Alexius wanted in that moment to just crawl back in there with her. She was dazzling. Her arms were soon about him after a litany of rushed words and then the world seemed right again and any worries he had about the future were gone. She was in his arms and cliche as it sounded ... all was right with the world.
"You look beautiful. I wasn't waiting long at all, really" he leaned back so he could look at her properly, a hand gently smoothing over her hair as his lips found her forehead. His hand moved to tilt her chin upwards and gently he then kissed her lips.

"Hi you" he smiled at her.

[no problem at all - godmode away at times to move it along nicely ;) ]

Clemence smiled, it was a pleasing feeling to be with Alexius; her heart fluttered above her head each time they met, making her drunk at the sound of his voice or the touch of his skin. It all was a little much, in fact at the very beginnings of their relationship she had found herself dizzy, however, she now embraced the feeling, along with all else that came with Alexius Strauss being hers. Whilst running delicate fingers along his back, between his shirt and his skin, Clemence Pelletier felt her cheeks ripen at the word beautiful. Smiling bashfully, she played down her joy at the compliment, despite the truth of her soaring heart. “Mmm, thank you,” she said in a hushed voice as her drowsy lashes drifted at the touch of Alexius’ soft lips to her forehead then to her lips which were ever so eager to receive the greeting.

“I was waiting so long for you, though,” she added, speaking of their time apart during the summer but with a gentle loll of her head, Clemence seemed to say that they were to enjoy their time together before life got hectic for the both of them, herself with schooling and he with his career, what ever that was to be. Leaning in and up on her toes, she gentle graced the bridge of Alexius’ nose with a kiss, following a kiss to either cheek then to his lips with a bright smile peaking beneath the touch of his own lips. Before she was to introduce him to the rest of her family, if they had not already seen him when Genevieve had brought him up here, she was to be as selfish with his time as she so pleased. Breaking from the sweet embrace, the young gymnast giggled excitedly. “You have no idea how happy I am you’re here! Usually I spend my vacation at the gym with the other girls, competitions or studying,” she said, all too truthfully, forgetting just how much she had shared with her boyfriend about her perspective career or rather, just career. It had been as such since she was nine, after all.

But at this moment, Clemence wouldn’t care if she told Alexius Gregory Strauss her deepest, darkest secret, he had shown up and all seemed so much brighter in her world. “Okay, what first? A tour? Getting rid of your luggage? Or introductions, which will probably take the most time of all,” she laughed, amused at the size that her family had become over the past few years. A grin of a fool in love plastered onto her face as she looked up at her Alexius before squeezing her arms around him more tightly before reluctantly releasing him from her hug.

As his arms stayed wrapped around her he foresaw two problems here, one how could they possibly go anywhere when all he wanted was to be stuck like this to her for the foreseeable future and two what would her parents think if they spotted them like this. He didn't want too but Clemence meant the world to him and that meant her parents approval did as well.
"No more waiting I'm here, I'm not going anywhere any time soon" he slowly unwound his arms from her, hating the emptiness that seemed to consume them instantly. He smiled as she spoke about her competitions and knew he would have loved to have seen her in at least one. Just imagining her bending and flexing herself did strange things to him and he had to be careful he didn't just pull her back into his arms again.

"Well that is very soon mended ..." he caught his bag and tossed it into her room and then took her hand as he closed the door after them.
"We get the introductions out of the way first and then we have the rest of the time to us" he told her kissing her forehead once again. His eyes drank her in, still disbelieving that he was even here with her.
"Remind me I have a surprise for you later" he winked at her beginning to retrace his steps along the corridor.

Clemence smiled eagerly as Alexius said they would have the rest of the time to themselves. "Sounds good to me," she hummed softly, about to close her bedroom door and walk with her boyfriend downstairs when he said he had a surprise. The girl groaned softly, all the surprises she had gotten had been bad so far. "Is it a bad one? I've never gotten a good surprise," she admitted anxiously, as she slipped her hand in with his, hoping he would let her in on it because surprises had never been a good thing for her and she did not want something bad from Alexius.

Clemence slowly walked towards the stairs as she stayed close to him, trying to figure out what it could be but frowning as she was certain that she was wrong with all of them. If it was bad why would he wink at her? But on the flip side, why would he wink at her if it was good? With a pretty smile and a brush of a messy curl out of her eyes, she purposefully and playfully batted her eye lashes and hoped Alexius would tell her.

Alexius stared at her dumbfounded, how could she of all people only get bad surprises? He had wanted to wait until after he had met her parents and other siblings but he also didn't like to see her fret unnecessarily. He kissed the bridge of her nose and smiled, removing a small flat box from his back pocket, slowly he opened it but as he did so he walked around her so that he faced her back. Putting the box back in his pocket he asked her gently to lift her hair up while he slipped the sodalite beads around her neck. As he fastened the clasp he spoke in a hushed tone.

"It's not just the necklace it's what it symbolises. What I found out actually" he grinned walking around to look at her, his fingers gently touching the hawk that was etched onto the front of it.
"I've practiced in class so many times but could never conjure my patronus, I guess I was using the wrong memory and then..." he looked into her eyes then, his fingers brushing back her hair as they gently cupped her face along her jawline.

"I found my happy memory Clemence ... it was of us and .. well my patronus is a hawk" he grinned then at her before his lips gently brushed against hers, "I just wanted to share it with you."
Alexius was not famous for his romantic nature or his gentle side and so blushed crimson now, unsure how she would react to his revelation and gift.

Clemence could already hear the words spilling out of her boyfriend's mouth, perhaps she would get the famous 'It's not you, it's me' or maybe just 'I'm breaking up with you' but it mattered not because her heart would break either way. But then again, she had always been one to overthink things with her relationships with people. Perhaps this was because her parents divorce had sprung up on her and had been the worst thing she had ever gone through and she didn't want to be surprised with loosing someone very important to her again. But then again... why would you kiss someone so gently when you intended on breaking up with them?

As Alexius asked Clemence to lift her hair, she did so, her fingers finds the roots and sliding them up the back of her head, like a pony-tail. So yes, once more she had overreacted with her fears of being disappointed and was so pleasantly... surprised as she felt Alexius' gift rest just above her heart. Looking down, she saw the beautiful pendant and smiled before looking back up at her boyfriend, who she adored.

With each word coming out from Alexius' lips, Clemence Cybille Pelletier could feel her heart hammer with more and more excitement then the last. When he had stopped to let her react, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and said eagerly, "I love you too." Maybe Alexius hadn't actually said the three words but she had a strange feeling that this was what he meant and she was not going to wait until he actually said it before expressing what she felt.

It felt so wonderful to get how she felt off of her chest and before Clemence could say anything else that likely wouldn't scare her boyfriend off if he didn't in fact feel the same way, her lips had met his for a kiss that she couldn't help but smile and giggle through. Her hands finding her boyfriend's hair slowly pulled her lips from his and curled her body close to his. "Thank you Alexius," Clemence said breathlessly as she placed a hand gently over her necklace.

In seconds her arms were about him and her words filled up his head, his heart and his entire being. She had just told him that she loved him but had added 'too' to the end of it. So she got it, what he hadn't been able to verbalise just yet she had understood. It barely took him another second to envelope her in his own arms. Damn but she made him happy, deliriously so. He wasn't sure if anyone was allowed to be this happy except for the crazies in St. Mungos but he really didn't care anymore.

Tentatively she began to kiss him and he returned it, grinning against her mouth as she smiled and giggled her way through the kiss. They were in love then, they were in their own insular little bubble and merlin help the person who tried to burst it. He held her tight to him as she moved her body in beside his. He couldn't imagine another time when he had been so happy and knew this moment would produce an even greater patronus for him. He was dying to show it off to her, dying for her to see the silvery wisps curl into great wings and the proud visage of a hawk as it took flight about them. He decided then and there that as soon as they did have a free moment, he would do exactly that. Kissing the top of her head again, he slowly unwound himself from her.

"I guess we better go meet the troops before we just shut ourselves away together for the remainder of my stay" he beamed down at her. Somehow he knew that once minute in front of her family and they would all see right through the pair of them and know they loved one another.

Clemence snorted lightly in amusement as Alexius called her family a troop, she was sure that they were such a large family that they would be an entire army as the muggles called it. Or at least because of her step father they were. "Okay," she said as she walked forward to the stairs slowly, "Let me give you a general synapis of my family. Maria and Genevieve graduated with you, Genvieve is very vain, if you want to get in her good books compliment her, and she is athletic while Maria is very intelligent." Out of the rest of her family, they were the simplist pair to explain to her boyfriend so she thought it would be the best idea to start with them.

"My Mom is an auror, so you can bet she did a history check on you before you came here, so if she asks how Maximus is and the rest of your family, don't be surprised. She means well really but she kind of wants to keep all her 'chicks' in a row..." She said, referring to her mother as a mother duck with a shrug. "Oh, she'll want you to call her by her first name but say Mrs. Bertrand when you first meet her, she likes to give that offer up so she seems warmer." A nervous smile crossed her lips for a moment as she looked over at her boyfriend but past his head was a picture of her eldest sister so she came to a stop and nudged her head for him to look in that direction.

"That is Mael, she graduated a few years ago and was Head Girl. She is now living in Tuscany, but might pop in for a visit, there really is no knowing," Clemence said, with a shrug of her awkwardly muscular shoulders. "My step brother, Antonin won't be here either and won't visit, he graduated from Durmstrang four years ago, almost got kicked out of school for lighting someone's hair on fire. Of course he says it was an accident." A laugh surfaced on Clemence's lips, he was a strange boy but she did indeed care for him just as he would her and if he knew that she had a boyfriend visiting he probably would be here with a wand at his throat threatening him that if he ever did something that she didn't like he would be dead. But Clemence didn't know that.

"Sorry, there is kind of a lot of information to process here, I suppose," Clemence said, wondering how Alexius was keeping up with all that she had told her and secretly hopeful that he would confuse one of them just for her own amusement. Turning into the kitchen, Clemence saw her youngest sisters sitting together on stools with their feet swinging over the side as they spoke to one another about kittens. "Dite, Janete, veins ici."

As expected, Janete rushed over to the curious figure she had already forgotten was supposed to be visitng while Aphrodite stayed on her stool shying away from looking at his face. Stepping towards her step sister, Clemence gave her a big hug before offering her a piggy back ride, in which she accepted. Walking back over to Alexius, Janete saw that Aphrodite was getting a ride and she asked with a bright grin that matched Clemence's, "Can I have a piggy back ride too?" Looking towards her boyfriend she smiled, he would be just fine with her family if he could keep the little ones pleased because their temper tantrums were both at the same time and she was sure that at that moment Lord Voldemort possesed their souls or something.

Alexius listened carefully as she went into detail about her family, he grinned at the mention of her sisters Maria and Genevieve but then wiped it clean. He had been a consummate flirt at one time and both of her sisters had gotten the full benefit of his attentions at one time or another, he'd never dated them of course but had not been able to help himself with flirting with them but that had been well before he had known or even seen Clemence; before his world had turned upside down.

He noted to call her mother Mrs. Bertrand, glanced at the picture of her sister also noting how stunning all the girls in this family were before thanking his lucky stars that her brother wasn't about. They entered the kitchen and he smiled at the two young girls that were there.
"Hi" he smiled at the girl that approached him, "What's your name?"
he watched with a big grin on his face as Clemence gave her other sister a piggy back ride and after the girl before him had told him her name and asked for a ride too, Alexius lowered himself down and with a wink smiled at her.
"Hop aboard the Strauss express" he told her. Janete was soon clambering onto his back holding tight and laughing heartily as he stood up and began to move about the room pretending he really was a train sound effects included. He didn't have little sisters or little brothers for that matter, had never been around small children before. This was all new to him but it was fun and it gave him the excuse to behave like a big kid without getting remonstrated for it either.
Eventually he came to a halt standing before Clemence and beaming at her, his face flushed.
"Are they usually this active?"

Clemence smiled in amusement as Alexius and Janete stepped around the kitchen acting like a train and if she didn't know any better she could have sworn he had a little sister of his own. As he stopped in front of her, Clemence nodded her head lightly and said, "They are six after all." In unisin, the two little girls piped up, "Six and a half." A playful roll of her eyes at how much older they wanted to seem, especially when they got into the twins closests at school and dressed in their makeup and clothes. It was cute, or the pictures were, but she was sure both of her sisters would not be pleased to hear such things. Turning her step sister around so she hung on her hip, Clemence said, "How about you round up Carina?"

As always, Janete didn't say anything, just shimmied down from the great height of Alexius and yelled to Aphrodite as she passed her, "The slowest one to Carina is Nathaniel 'booger-face' Savanti." The other six your old begrudgingly got down from Clemence's arms and walked out of the kitchen to find her big sister. Once the last little girl had left the room, Clemence stepped closer to her boyfriend and said, "Your adorable." Leaning forward, she placed a gentle kiss on his cheek, her face burning up as she realized just how presumptious she had been when she told Alexius that she loved him too.

Pulling away, Clemence said, "Carina is two years younger then me, a squib and we met at the gym." Pausing and looking around, before adding when she was sure no one was around, "She has the nickname 'B*tch of the Beam'." The nickname was spoken in English and Clemence could feel her face flush at saying such an awful word about her sister. "I never particularly liked her until I had to because our parents were dating," she added as a side note with a shrug. "Don't let her deceive you, she actually is a horrible, manipulative person." Hearing the steps of someone about to enter the kitchen she her head in that direction and smiled as she saw her mom and step-dad, Andre. "Morning Maman, Andre."

The older couple momentarily smiled at Clemence before a silence fell upon them, only to be interrupted by Janete pulling Carina in through the other direction with Aphrodite somewhere behind. "Well, well, well. It is our little Sleeping Beauty," Carina said with a sweet tone, "and her secret boyfriend." The smile momentarily found it's way off of her lips, Alexius would think she was ashamed of him bu that was not the truth, she wasn't allowed to date as gym rules and normally she followed those rules but she was in love and ther was no way she was going to stop seeing Alexius, even if she had to keep him a secret from all of her friends at home.

"Carina, Mom, Andre, this is Alexius Strauss." Looking to her boyfriend for a moment, she felt her cheeks rise in heat and her stomach gained the normal butterflies. Quickly looking away, Clemence repeated backwards what she had said for Alexius, "Alexius, this is Carina, my Mom and Andre, my step-father." Making sure that she had emphasized the word step, because Andre was not her father, he never would measure up to the great man that her father was, even if he made her mom happy or was a really nice person, he was just not her father. But that, was something for another day and another time.

Flicking her blue eyes over to Alexius, she fiddled affectionately with the beautiful necklace that he had given her. Clemence couldn't help but wonder if one of their memories would be powerful enough for her to produce a patronus charm of her own or if it would be one of herself standing on the podium and accepting her gold medal at the Olympic games.

Alexius never really got easily confused by things but there was just way too much going on here, too many people or rather too many children. His head felt ready to explode as he tried to take in names and faces and all the other little things that Clemence was telling him. He smiled and nodded in reply to much of it determined to garner more insightful details at a later time. Knowing that they would have plenty of time alone, he really did try his best to smile and be polite by all that was going on. But coming from a family that basically consisted of him and his twin as well as his two adoptive mothers, this was almost like being in a school environment again with so many coming and going.

When Carina entered and passed her quip he merely smiled at Alexis and winked, liking the idea of being her secret boyfriend. He knew it couldn't be easy for her to admit to having one especially with her gymnastic rules and stuff disallowing it. He was more than happy to play the part of 'friend' with fringe benefits if he had to until she was free to spend every other waking moment with him. And then her parents entered and he gulped loudly, his palms began to sweat profusely and he thought he could actually see little black dots before his eyes. Was he having a panic attack? No, his heart wasn't constricting painfully in his chest but it was beating off the charts.

He instinctively reached out a hand to shake theirs not knowing if this was how it was done or not but wanting to be polite all the same.
"Mrs Bertrand" he nodded his head at her mother, "... Sir" he inclined his head also to her step-father realising in that moment that he didn't know Andre's surname and couldn't show him the same respect as he had her mother. The 'sir' title was to compensate.
"Thanks very much for allowing me to visit, your home is beautiful" he wanted to say that their family was too but didn't want to sound like he was laying it on thick.

Clemence had begged her auror parents to not look up Alexius' history, but she knew they would do so anyway, no matter how her mother had promised her that she would not. However, being her father's daughter she knew that her mother would lie. So as she watched her boyfriend step towards them, extending a hand and being braver then she would be if the tables were turned. "Mister Strauss," Clemence's mother said with a light wink telling him that he could relax. "No need for formalities in my home, you may call me Gaëtane," said the older woman as she shook the boys hand. Clemence watched on as Andre nodded and said gruffly, "Call me Mister Betrand, Alexius."

The girl couldn't help but scowl secretly at her step-father, unclear how her mother was so idiotic to fall in love with a man such as he. She also didn't understand how you could fall "out of love" with someone you had been married to for twenty-two years but these were brought on by the ignorance of youth. But her face straightened and she heard her mother thank Alexius and nod her head lightly. "Are you hungry, Alexius?" her mother asked, "I was about to conjure up some food." Yes, conjure. Clemence had grown up with a mother who had no idea how to cook for herself and since their house elf recently was freed by Janette it simply made the most sense instead of eating food that tasted like it came from the garbage or worse, the hospital.

Clemence smiled at her mother, she was acting surprisingly normal. Perhaps she hadn't read up on him or Maximus or anyone else that was tied to him.

He couldn't help but like her mother instantly, smiling as she in turn called him Mr. Strauss. It sounded a bit like a few of the professors when he was in trouble for one thing or another. Clemence's step father was another matter however and he thought that he would never match up to any ideal he had for his step-daughter no matter how hard he tried. So Alexius did the only thing he could do then, he promised himself he wouldn't try so hard around the man and if he didn't like Alex for who he was then it would simply be tough on him because there was no way he was losing Clemence for anyone or anything.

"I'm starving Mrs.. Gaëtane" he turned to look at his girlfriend when she mentioned conjuring some food, never having seen anyone do it before. Both his adoptive mothers may have been stringent witches but they loved to cook. Of course they stirred and chopped and did all that type of stuff with the help of magic but it was all themselves otherwise. He was fascinated now and wanted to see exactly what type of food would be conjured.
"Do you want help setting the table?" he asked knowing in their own home it was merely a click of the fingers and it was done though when he was under a punishment it was his task to do it manually.

Clemence could feel her step-sister scowl in the direction of her mother as her wand was whipped out. "Would you like anything in particular, darlings?" As the girl had a strict diet that her mother knew like the back of her hand, she let her decide while Carina spitefully said she didn't need her food ruined with magic. Clemence couldn't help but roll her pale blue eyes in the direction of the younger girl saying, "Oh hush Carina. Don't be a such a nuisinsce." Turning her gaze to Alexius as he asked if they wanted him to set the table. Before her parents could answer Clemence said, "We can do it together." Now seventeen and able to do magic out of school she was going to use every chance she got so she summoned her wand, a little surprised that it had retuned to it's rightful place in the palm of her hand.

Turning to her boyfriend, Clemence seemed to gleam with joy and expectancy, as if she was telling him that after this, the next spell he would cast would be the patronus she was all to excited to see. Waving her want, it brought a table cloth from a cupboard and onto the table and more for the glasses and again for the plates. A wave of relief almost fluttered about her as she didn't hear the wings of an owl come by her that she had almost expected because she wasn't used to being of age now.

Shortly after the table was set, the older twins walked into the kitchen with linked arms, in a fast conversation that would be impossible for someone to understand if they did not speak French and in particular the French that those in Marseilles spoke. "Oh hello," Clemence heard Maria say with her thick French accent on her flirtatious English words, earning her a rightful glare and a promise for a smack later.

After assisting Clemence in setting the table, the family and himself sat down for the meal. He tried to be as polite as was feasibly possible but considering this was Alex and not Max he was sure he fell extremely short somewhere along the line. He had smiled where he thought it warranted, though frankly the younger sisters were too adorable not to smile at anyhow and with Clemence near him Alex knew he had very little reason not to smile.

It didn't drag on at all and there were certainly no uncomfortable silences. With the meal over, he offered to help clear up as well and together himself and Clemence tackled that task effortlessly. It was with a beaming smile then that he turned to face her, winked at her and let her know that now he was all hers. Duty had been seen to and now he wanted to establish his role as boyfriend before her family stole in on their time together again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back