What the hell is a Hufflepuff?

Zhenzhen Young

Zhen stood rooted to the ground, after the old mangled up hat had sorted into the house of hufflepuff, she did not budge a step closer except to get out of her seat and stand along the wall. For a second, the minute a professor spotted her she was told that she had to sit down, so like the rest of the students and staff personal could walk by her easily without stepping on her. She open her mouth to put up an argument, instead of fussing, she balled up her fist and made her way towards the Hufflepuff table. All her information was inside her robes pocket, she still had her memories, she still was sane to react like a regular person. "Crap" she muttered in Chinese, she wanted to cuss and throw tantrum like a little kid, though the sane part of her told her not to do it.

Zhen force herself to sit and stared blankly away from her peers. She did not jump in conversation or made any other contact with the others on the table, she merely just blank and suck in reality, realizing how much it may fee l like it suck but in truce not all that bad. Still Zhen neglected to accept her surrounding, maybe if I wake up this will all go away? She rolled her eyes and slam her head on the table, she sat like that, listening to the rest of the sorting. Really she did not know the stories bout the houses, except for the song and the house sounded more like a treat instead of someone name. She was just prejudging without knowing, one of the many qualities that she fail in life with, one of many that made distant to the point she had no friend but her journals. Sad but true.

Eliza was extremely happy to be sitting at the Slytherin table, she knew that Slytherin ran through her vains. As she was looking around taking in everything she could, she notice a beautiful girl, oddly though, had just slammed her head on the Hufflepuff table. Eliza usually stays to her self, but she knew that had to hurt. So, despite her better judgement she walked over to the girl and set beside her. "You know that it helps if you slam it a little harder, with these tables, you can easily knock yourself out sweetie." Eliza smiled. "Hi, I'm Eliza. Eliza Wiley," she suck out her hand, then instantly but it back to her side."May I ask why you where trying to give yourself brain damage? And please, if you thinks its none of my business, tell me and I will walk away". Eliza noticed she was babbling, and decided it was time to shut up.

Zhen hadn't expected for someone to actually talk to her, never mind notice what she had been doing the entire time. She twisted her head up and saw a girl dress in similar robes as her made a comment about her head slamming. "I didn't do it to hard, I'm just kinda tired" she explain why she had done so, her excuse wasn't the best, but it was the best she could come up with right away. "Zhenzhen young" she accepted the handshake, "You can call me Zhen" she sat up erected on the spot. "What house was you sorted in?" she went on asking Eliza. There wasn't much to say but wonder the obvious.

"Oh, I see. Well I think if your gonna do something you should never do it alone." Eliza slammed her head on the table hard. Then step up quickly when she noticed people were staring. "OWW. That was totally not smart." Eliza smiled again, kind of in pain. "I'm an unsmart Slytherin at this point. Who has a migrain now."

Zhen eye's shot out right of their sockets when she saw the girl bang her head too. "Why did you do that to yourself? You could've hurt yourself badly" she said wide eyed to the Slytherin girl, the girl seem odd to Zhen. Odd that she wanted no reason to know the girl. It had happen, without knowing it did, Zhen forgot already she had bang her head once already before she the odd girl did. Funny how she could forget banging her head, with this awful pain throbbing right at her forehead and the girl's name was one of the few things she could remember. "What are you doing here anyways?" she ask the girl, again her little commotion she had caused was the reason why the girl was here. Zhen did not recall that.

Eliza smiled and simply said," As I told you, one should never go through anything or do anything painful alone." Eliza knew that Zhen probably thought she was insane. Eliza also knew the girl was probably right, she did however want to make new friends. And it seemed only right to try her hardest to make this girl smile. So Eliza continued, "you also looked like you were having a rough day, and I thought it would be nice to see if I could help you." Eliza rubbed the now goose egg knot on her forehead. "Would you like me to leave you alone? I didn't mean to bother you. I just... I'm babbling ain't I?

Maybe I should tell her that I'm a nutter like her? Zhen rubbed her forehead, she could feel the welt throbbing. It felt nasty. "Something happen to me? I assume" she went on normally saying, this was typical normal behavior to someone like Zhen. "No you don't have to go, I feel stupid" she mess her slanted hair away from her dark weary eyes. "I just have this condition...it's nothing" she lowered her eyes away from Eliza, not the best start in the world, her skin prickle of blush from embarrassing herself, it's this bad sometimes and there was nothing she could do ever about it.

It was only five in the morning when Darla woke up, finding her roommates still asleep, she jumped into the shower and clean herself. She smiled and close her eyes as she felt the hot water pouring on her. Not too long, the young girl got out of the shower and took her Ravenclaw robes and walk down to the common room, studying all by herself for the next couple of hours. She stopped when she heard someone walking down the stairs. Darla closed her books and stood up, leaving the common room with a smile on her face. The only reason why she was smiling was that her father spent time with her. Edric decided to tutor her during the holiday and even though he was much more strict than her tutors, Darla would rather cling around her father instead of unknown professors.

As the black haired girl walk into the great hall which was flooded by students, Darla heard someone cursing in Chinese before slamming her head on the table. "Ouch" She muttered, well it didn't look so bad but still she had no idea. The third year Ravenclaw walk toward the Hufflepuff table and tapped the first year by the shoulder. "Are you okay?" She asked in Chinese. Maybe she was having a hard time? Well Darla hated this school back then because she couldn't be around her brother, not that she could spend much time with her brother when she was home but at least she got to see him everyday.

Zhen eyes tore away from the fresh first year, falling right at the girl speaking to her. She was still comprehending herself what just happen, she look back at the Slytherin. Her forehead sported a welt too, and it was throbbing like her head was throbbing in annoyance. Zhen eyes went back at the girl, her language was foreign not the English Zhen could make out when someone was talking directly to her. "I don't understand you, sorry" she fixed her eyes on the floor. She was the definition to being awkward, nothing make sense to her, except the bruise on her head must've happen right before the girl was banging her head. That much she could make out, otherwise she felt lost like an infant, her brain was made of mesh.

"I think she asked if you were okay?" Eliza smiled at Zhen then turning the girl who walked up. "Hello, I'm Eliza Wiley. And you are?" She was still smiling at whom she thought might have been a third year. "And to answer your question, I think she is okay. She a little confused. She.... We hit our head pretty hard on these tables. Which, I assure you, wasn't a smart idea." she smiled as again she heard her southern accent come alive. It felt natural again, and it felt good not to hid it any longer

"Are you always this nice?" Zhen lifted her eyes again to meet the blonde haired southern belle. She could say, or wish to say how many times she have came across someone so content in the world around her, if only she could at least gasp a bit of her memory right now. She may have known plenty, but there was just that one person who came fading in and out of existence right now. And it was the the woman who ran the place, in which she stayed. Zhen can swipe that from her memory all the time, that bit of information lasted forever. "Where are you from E-L-I-Z-A" she was steering out of her random funk, the girl name Eliza's friendly emotion seem contiguous. Zhen had the urge to squeeze the friendly girl. She hesitated and like a passing girl, she hug the girl tight. I want to squeeze the friendly out of this girl, the friendly out of her so I can see her frown.

Eliza smiled again, then laughed as Zhen almost squeezed her to death. "Well, I'm from Lawrence County, AL." She said with a huff, due to the fact her lungs felt like they would clasp. "My grandparents and I live out there on a farm. We raise corn and cattle." She said this like she has said a thousand times when someone asks her this question. "What about you Zhen where ya from?"

With no luck, Zhen didn't get the reaction that she wanted. So instead she pulled back, flicking through her fading thoughts, she knew the answer to Eliza's question. "Canada" she merely responded in a deft tone. She write that a lot and lot in her journal, Canada this Canada that. Not to mention she was still holding the identification card, it crumble between her fingers. She rolled her fingers around it, playing with the flash card edges.

At first Darla was a little confused that the girl didn't understand what she said and what surprised her was that the girl beside, who seemed to be a first year, a Slytherin understood. `A Slytherin and Hufflepuff getting along? Epic` She thought as she manage to sit beside one of the girls. "You speak Chinese?" Darla looked at her not believing what she just heard. `Or maybe that was just a lucky guess` She thought. "Darla, Darla Kuang. Pleasure to meet you, Eliza Wailey. And welcome to Hogwarts" She nodded her head.

"Is that what the strange language you was speaking to me called? Chinese,right?" Zhen felt slowly invisible between the other girls. She fell a lot into the depths of other conversation whenever Zhen was including into a group of two of more people. "I'm Zhenzhen" her fingers played right on her lips, Zhen sounded weird always to her. Farah told Zhen she was Chinese, Farah told her many things including the part where she was Chinese. This part of information decline to click in her mind, it never hit the girl she was Chinese, till she went back to her journal. She'll remember than, however for how long?

Eliza smiles shyly. " I don't speak it my best friends brother does though." Eliza smiled. "And that pleasure it mine, I love this place."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back