OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
((open after Karla posts as Luna Blanchard)

Now that he had spent one night at Hogwarts, Jasper was already feeling quite at home in the castle. He was sure he would have a great time here, even if the lessons would probably be pretty boring. The feast last night had been amazing, but Jasper had been happy to discover the breakfast the next day was also pretty awesome. Never before had he gotten this much freedom to pick whatever he wanted to eat, and it would be stupid of him not to make the most of it. He barely thought about the fact that he would get to eat meals at Hogwarts for seven years, piling food onto his plate as if this would be the last time he would get anything to eat in a long time. As he put food on his plate, he looked around for any familiar faces. He had gotten to know his dorm mates last night, but didn't see them anywhere yet. His gaze paused on a girl who looked familiar to him, and he quickly realized he had met her before Hogwarts. It had been the day at the park, when he had met Sierra too. It was a shame he wasn't in the same house as Sierra instead, she had seemed like a lot more fun than Luna was. But it was nice to know someone. Jasper leaned over the table a little and waved to catch her attention. "Hey, Luna! I thought for sure you would be a Ravenclaw." He told her as he picked up his fork. "Since you seemed such an expert on what does and doesn't make your brain explode., and all that." He added with a slight grin, wondering if she still remembered the conversation. "How do you like life in the best house so far?" He wasn't sure if he would really like this girl, but that didn't mean he wouldn't try to talk to her.

One night at Hogwarts and Luna still wishes that she was at home. The room that she shared with her fellow first years was bigger than her room and the bed that she now uses was definitely more comfortable, still, she was far from feeling at home. She missed waking up to the smell of coffee and the sound of her father clumsily preparing their meal. She missed the noisy neighborhood, she missed their next door neighbor’s dog barking at her window every morning, and she missed her family. Still, as much as she wanted to just go back and leave, she couldn’t. She had dreams and goals to accomplish and although she hated to admit it, she knew that graduating from this school would be beneficial for her in the long run.
The young girl went up to the hall, it was time for breakfast and although she would rather avoid people right now, she couldn’t skip this one. The feast the previous night had been remarkable, the breakfast prepared for them didn’t disappoint as well. While it had been tempting, she only took what she knew she could finish and eat. She had seven years to stay at the school, she saw no need to try everything that was on the table. That would be stupid, she thought. She was halfway done with her meal when a familiar voice interrupted. Sighing, she put her fork down and turned her attention to the owner of the voice. There, leaning over the table and waving at her was the boy that she had the luck of meeting at a park. Another sigh escaped the girl’s lips, she had seen him be sorted to the same house as her the previous night and she knew that that would increase the chances of them bumping into each other again, but still, she had hoped that the castle would be too big and that they wouldn’t see each other this soon after they enter the school. She had nothing against the boy but from her experience talking with him he seemed too unpredictable for her liking. She liked having control and he was everything but that. “Nice to see you too Jasper.” She rolled her eyes, her tone laced with sarcasm. “I’d take that as a compliment. I’m right though, am I not?” She answered, shrugging as she resumed eating. The sooner she’s done, that sooner she could end this. “It’s amazing how quickly you’ve develop a loyalty to this house –“ She wasn’t able to finish her sentence as her attention was soon on the boy’s plate. How could he finish all of that? If he was her sibling, she would have told him off already. “My – Are you eating for two people?” She pointed at his plate, her own meal forgotten.

Jasper hadn't meant his comment about Ravenclaw to be a compliment, but he was pretty sure Luna knew that. He shrugged, choosing to ignore her rolling her eyes. "You should be happy you're in a better house. I think in Ravenclaw you would have died from boredom already." He grinned, getting the feeling his next words would rile her up. "That can happen you know. Just like your brain can explode." He said. The boy was never going to admit he had been wrong or making stuff up, no matter how much Luna might insist he was wrong. She may be a spoilsport, but Jasper wasn't going to let her ruin his fun. He was about to tell her that he was loyal to this house because it was the best one, because he was in it. But she focused on his food halfway through her sentence, and Jasper followed her gaze to his plate. Her choice of words made him look back at her, and he let out a startled laugh. "Eating for two, isn't that what people say when someone is pregnant?" He asked, laughing again. It was a good thing there was nothing nearby that Jasper could shove under his shirt to imitate a pregnancy, because he would have done it. He snorted, shaking his head. "I'm not. I'm just hungry and I need a lot of food if I wanna be big and strong." He pretended to show off his biceps, grinning. Then he went back to his food. "Do you always comment on other people's food? Kind of rude, you know." He added innocently, a smile still clear on his face as he took another bite.

Of all the words that had been exchanged between them, it was the boy’s statement about boredom that Luna agrees with, but she was not going to say that out loud. She was not going to feed the other’s ego even though she did agree that boredom can kill. Instead, she chose to reply to the boy’s statement about Ravenclaw. “Well at least people there are smart unlike some people I know.” She wasn’t usually this rude and really, a part of her wanted to be nice. But it was hard to be nice to someone who is an embodiment of everything she disliked. “I’m still right though. I can still see your head attached to your neck. I’d believe you if you can prove it, but really, you haven’t proven anything.” She challenged, crossing her arms in front of her chest, a small smile gracing her lips. She doubted that he could do anything to support his claims, and she couldn’t wait to hear him admit that he was just making things up. Still, if he could prove his claims, she was willing to admit defeat, not matter how much it would pain her to do so. Luna frowned at the boy’s statement. She was quite offended by his laughter, she wasn’t trying to be funny. But she understood why her choice of words could elicit such response. She wasn’t going to admit that though. “In the world we live in, it’s not that unbelievable, is it?” She gestured around her, as if by doing so, she could make a point to support her statement. “You will be big, that I’m sure. Strong? I doubt it.” She wasn’t sure why she kept on antagonizing him, but for now, she would admit that this is better than thinking about how much she missed her family. “I don’t always comment on people’s food, but it’s hard not to notice when your plate’s that full.” She gestured to his plate again, comparing it to her own. “You should finish that you know. It IS rude to waste food when a lot of people out there are starving.” She remembered how her father would guilt trip her whenever she couldn’t finish her meal. She knew that argument didn’t make any sense though, it’s not like by eating everything, those people he’s talking about would magically get full too. She said it anyway, if this boy could believe that people’s head can explode from hanging upside down, then he could probably agree with her statement too.

Luna's words about knowing people that weren't smart irritated Jasper, because she was implying she meant him but not saying it. He decided to make her either say it directly or prove that she was a wasn't brave enough to tell him directly, so he made his eyes wide and innocent. "Who do you know that's not smart?" He asked her, pretending to miss her meaning. If she was going to be sneaky and mean, he was too. He copied her pose, crossing his own arms and grinning at her. "My head still being attached to my neck only means that I'm smart enough not to let my brain explode, duh." He added, sticking out his tongue. "I could prove it by doing it myself but then my brain would explode and Slytherin would lose a great student." He had a feeling his boasts were getting on her nerves, and he didn't mind that at all. She was getting on his nerves too, after all. "If you keep talking about 'proof' any longer, they'll force you to transfer to Ravenclaw." He told her, pointing at her with his fork. He was making it up on the spot, and was sure Luna knew that. Jasper could tell the girl didn't like his laughter, but shrugged it off. She should have picked better words if she didn't want to be laughed at. When she told him he probably wouldn't be strong, he scoffed. "Just you wait." He said rolling his eyes. "I'll be stronger than you, that's for sure." He said, defiantly taking a bite of his food. Luna went on to tell him that it would be rude not to finish it. Jasper hadn't really planned to eat all of this, if he was completely honest, but now that Luna was turning it into a challenge he puffed himself up slightly. "Well, I'm going to finish my food. So there." He said, nodding defiantly. "I can do it, you know." He added, feeling like he had to prove himself now. He started eating more quickly, giving Luna a few defiant glances as he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back