Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2" Flexible Pine Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
In all the time he had spent at the school, which admittedly wasn't much, Tholomyès had yet to figure out one vital thing, why was the great hall called that? What about it, seemed to suppose that made it so great? Théo had seem many a grand hall in his time, hell, his last school had had a hall not too much unlike this. The changing ceiling was different, but aside from that it was similar and it hadn't been called great, so what made this place so different, so unique that it would be called great. The ravenclaw boy was sitting in the great hall, or well, he was lying on the bench staring up at the ceiling, a pile of books beside him, resting on the table. It was just after lunch and he didn't have any classes, and was taking the time to allow himself to answer this pressing question. What made it so great?

Nothing within the books he'd gotten from the library seemed to suggest that it was great, and the cynical boy wasn't about to call anything great unless he was sure that it was. Which was why very few things in his life were by his classification great. Even this whole magic thing was a little confusing and not exactly what Théo would've wanted in his life, he liked it, he did, he liked spending time with Victoire and he liked knowing that Vénus would be with them in the next year, but him, a wizard? That was just so strange. He sighed heavily, losing all interest in this quest for answers, but knowing it would bug him until he found out what made it so much greater than everything else. Was it just perhaps a name, something to call this hall, other than just the refectory as it had been called in his last school. Théo let out a long sigh, shifting slightly so his arms hung limply by his side off the bench on their respective sides, perhaps his questions were better suited to someone who knew more about the history of the school.

James was in a good mood, like he was most days at Hogwarts. The first semester of his first year so far had been everything he hoped for and more. He had made some good friends and there was even the potential for something more, that was something he hoped to explore at some point. James made his way into the Great hall, he was between classes and couldn't be bothered to head back up to the common room, that and there was a chance he would run into Maddie and that didn't always go well. The Great hall was a safe bet to do some studying between lessons and not encounter any one he didn't want to. James made his way over to one of the benches and found someone who looked like a fellow first year laid down on the benches starring up at the ceiling. James placed his bag down on the bench at the side of the boy. "You look like you've had better days," James said as he took a seat next to him.

OOCOut of Character:
So yeah, sorry it took me so long to get round to this.

The Ravenclaw boy looked at the voice and shrugged slightly, he recongised the boy from his classes but not enough to know his name. He just shook his head and looked back up at the ceiling feeling utterly hopeless in his own mind over why the hall was call great when it was no greater than his old dining hall that wasn't called great, and nothing in his books seemed to explain it either. He refused to call anything great unless he knew why it was called great, "Why is it called the "Great hall"," the boy asked the other boy motioning to the ceiling lazily with one hand and giving a deep sigh at his own question, "I have found nothing which indicates greatness aside from perhaps it just being a descriptive of it's size rather than it actually be great," he continued not keeping the whining tone out of his voice, it made no sense to him, "But in that case why not just call it the dinning hall, since we just dine in here, or the assembly hall, why Great?" Tholomyes looked to the boy with a questioning expression as if hoping that the other boy would have the answers about this room that he was looking for.

James was a little dumbfounded by the boys question. It was such a strange observation to make about the hall. There were so many great and wonderful things about Hogwarts to question and explore and the boy was asking why the hall was the Great hall. He seemed very odd indeed. "Honestly I don't know, but if I had to guess I'd say it was because of the size, I mean it's nothingspecial it's just big," James had stumbled into a very odd conversation indeed but this boy seemed like he could be interesting, certainly strange but a nice change of pace from anyone he had met so far.

"I'm James by the way," The Gryffindor added. He had seen the boy in sone of his classes so he knew he was a first year and it felt strange to see some people as much as he did and not know their names.

Tholomyes knew that most people wouldn't understand his issues with the hall, if they could even be called issues, since they were just something that happened as he had stared up at the ceiling just laying on the bench with his eyes up towards the roof, he glanced round at the boy as he tried to give an explanation, Theo nodded at it, and then looked back up, "Great as in the size of it, not as in a description of what it is," that seemed to suit well, but then did it really need to be described by that, surely they could've called it any number of things, there were surely other names, if rooms that were big were always just called great they might have an issue then, since that would confuse some. The boy became a little lost in his thoughts as the other boy introduced himself, and while he took the information in, he didn't respond for a second, until he realised mentally, that he should've, "James?" he repeated a little unsure before nodding, "I'm Tholomyes, or Theo," he introduced, holding out his hand to him, "Ravenclaw," as if it wasn't already obvious by the uniform he was wearing, but that felt like it should be part of the introduction, "I like staring at the ceiling," he added with a small laugh as he then gave a little sigh and looked back up at the ceiling still mentally working out the greatness though James' theory was incredibly valid and likely the right one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back