What if?

Marcel Haynes

OOC First Name
Steven
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Chestnut Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Marcellus looked through a shelf as he tried to find a book that could help him figure out why he and his best friend weren't able to find a room that was suppose to be there in their last term. He was sure he would find something in the library. It was rather annoying that the two of them didn't found sh!t, because it had taken almost their whole year. He eventually got all kinds of theories in his head, but there was one Marcel couldn't let go. ''What if some of the rooms had the ability to change their locations?'' He took a deep breath and decided to sit down for a moment, Marcellus had already searched three shelves, and got rather tired of doing that.

Avie hated being in the library. It was why he didn't go often there was really nothing worse in his mind than having to be in a room filled with things that he could barely understand. But, he'd found himself in the library that day because though all of his searching had turned up nothing, he was still keen to find this mystery room. He was tired of just sitting around waiting for it to appear and he was in the library trying to see if he could find something, the only problem was that Avie didn't really understand any of the books that were in front of him. He just picked them up and hoped they'd have pictures to help him find what he needed. In the end, upon finding nothing, the teen had begun to head out of the library. That was until he spotted his friend, "Marcel," he exclaimed loudly, which resulted in him being sshed by most of the library. He waved his hands at them to tell them to get lost before going over to his friend and giving him an awkward hug. He missed his finding buddy, they didn't hang out as much. Avie was glad to see him, Marcel was a good friend to him. He'd met his family, they'd hung out together between semesters, perhaps he knew where Avie's mother had gone. However that was not the currently pressing issue, "Have you found anything yet?" he asked trying to speak quietly, barely hiding his excitement. He was of course talking about the room, but Marcel would be able to figure that out.

I had been looking for this topic for ages.

Marcellus stopped reading and looked around when he heard his name, a few meters away from him stood his friend. Marcel smiled brightly as he looked up at Avie, the two hadn't had a good chat in a long time and Marcel really wanted to turn towards him with his problems at home, but for now the only thing he wanted to talk about was the mysterious room. ''No,'' he said with a disapppointing look on his face. ''You? Any luck finding something useful?''

It's not much, sorry.

Avie smiled broadly at his friend, just so pleased to see him. While Avie liked hanging out with Lucien and the other Slytherins he did miss hanging out with Marcel or even Kris. Avie's smile faded briefly upon hearing that he had also found nothing, Avie had no doubt that at some point during their career at school, he would eventually find it, he would find what he'd been looking for, but as of yet, they had nothing. When the question was turned to Avie, Avie just laughed in the boy's face, "Dude, I can barely read the titles, unless it has pictures I am lost," he said in a jovial tone showing no hint of annoyance or frustration at this fact. For him, he'd just resigned that it would be something he'd always live with, "I just keep looking on the corridors," Avie smiled at his friend, "How've you been? It has been ages!" Avie elongated the ages as he spoke, making it far longer than it actually needed to be. Not that he cared, he was happy to see his friend.

It's wonderful dude!

Marcel walked back to the chair where he sat in, ''I've told you that I could help you with that.'' he sat down and pointed at the pile of books on the table next to him, ''These are books that all have words such as buildings, corridors, secrets and passages in their title.'' The Hufflepuffer smiled at his friend, who probably though Marcel had gone mad for reading all those books. ''I've been busy reading these books.'' he pointed at the pile again, ''How 'bout you? I heard you were doing well in Quidditch.''

Avie followed Marcel to where he was sitting, he smiled happily at his friend and his words, "I don't want to make you have to suffer through that, man," Avie smiled at his friend, he knew that his friend meant well but Avie knew that most teachers had given up on showing him, so he wasn't about to make his friend be the one who had to deal with that. He picked up the books, looking at each of them, and trying to make out the words he'd said the only ones he could make out with ease were buildings and passage. He just knew those ones much better. He looked at the books and then frowned slightly, "And there is nothing in any of these books about it?" Avie wondered with a small pout clearly annoyed a little about the lack of results from the books. As the question was returned to him be smiled happily nodding, "Yeah, I'm the seeker. It's so much fun. I want Slytherin to win the cup again, but I wouldn't mind Hufflepuff winning," he knew that his friend didn't play, "We should play some time! I'll get Lucien we can do target practice together!" He continued excitedly, "How were your holidays?"

Marcel began to chuckle and smiled at Avie, he knew what his friend said was true but that wasn't going to stop him from helping Avie, ''...'' He would not mind helping his friend because it was the least he could do, if Avie didn't help him in trying do find the room, Marcel probably would have given up. He looked at Avie who picked up one of the books from the pile, ''Well, there is one thing, but it sounds almost too.. magical or whatever.'' The boy cleared his throat and continued, ''It says, and I quote ''What if some rooms have the ability to change locations.''.'' At first Marcel thought it could be the clue they had been looking for, but after reading it over and over again and checking the dates of some of the books it seemed impossible. Marcellus laughed and said, ''There's a reason that I didn't participate in the try-outs, Av, I suck at flying, and in Quidditch.'' He spoke again after thinking what to say, ''A bit boring, we stayed at home because my parents had some money issues. How were yours?''

Avie couldn't help but feel slightly warmed at the fact that his friend seemed willing to help him. He knew that his friend would not enjoy helping Avie if the slytherin teen took it up on his offer, which was why the boy rarely took anyone up on their offer, he just continued to struggle through on his own. The last professor who had helped him had disappeared so Avie felt like it was his fault, the professor had left because of him, or that was what he believed. However, Avie was focused on Marcel and found himself smiling at his friend. Avie looked at him as he began telling him what he'd found out, it was all very interesting to him, he had been looking for this room for ages. It had really started in him trying to find out if the corridors moved like the stairs moved; they had eventually moved to finding a mystery room. Avie considered what had been said, "Change locations?" Avie said with a curious tone. He was trying to wrap his head around it all, change locations that seemed far fetched even for magic, "Change locations? That seems really strange. What about if it didn't move but you had to need the location, need the room," Avie was just thinking out loud.

The room wouldn't be able to move so maybe it was more invisible and only appeared when he needed it. Avie smiled a at his friend, he knew that Marcel was not good at flying but he wanted to make the other teen want to feel included if ever Marcel wanted to join him and Lucien. At the boy mentioning that he hadn't had a good holiday, he sighed a little and then gave the boy a small hug before pulling away, "You should've just come round Marcel, we could've played in the garden together," Avie gave the boy a smile as he did, he liked Marcel and he knew that his family liked Marcel too; it would've made no difference had Marcel come over to his house, "My holidays were good, my aunt bought me a camera so I could join the yearbook. My ma's gone somewhere, I haven't heard from her in ages, but I think she'll send me a letter soon," Avie told him brightly, his holidays had been odd but he didn't think it really mattered. He was happy and that was all that mattered.

This could've been better.

Marcel laughed at what Avie said about changing locations, he was glad his friend shared the same idea because it sounded really strange, anyone else probably would have thought that he had gone mental for considering that theory to be true. He looked suprised after hearing what his friend said, Marcellus knew that Avie wasn't the smartest kid and that he would sometimes say funny things, but this sounded rather smart. ''You came up with this youself, bro? Because that doesn't sound strange.''

The Hufflepuffer nodded when his friend said that he should have come during the holidays, ''Yea, I know. Pretty stupid of me to not think about that.'' Marcel enjoyed the week he had spent with Avie and his family two years ago, and was sure to ask his friend if you could stay over again later. ''What about your Aunt? Does she know where your mother went to?''

No man, this could've been better.

Avie looked at his friend with a bright smile, he didn't think what he'd said was anything other than only what it could be. In the back of his mind he was sure that rooms couldn't just change location and also be impossible to find. It was why his mind had then immediately jumped to it being an invisible room, but invisible rooms had to be visible at some point, surely. He smiled proudly and nodded excitedly when Marcel asked if Avie had come up with it himself. He had, and while he hadn't been completely sure about it the more he thought about it the more it occurred to him that it had to be right. "How do you find the invisible room though dude?" he said out loud with a heavy sigh. It was all fine well saying what it could be but he wasn't interested in just finding out what it was about, he wanted to find it. As his friend said that he should've come round, Avie just nodded excitedly, "You should've, and you'll know for next time" he was basically inviting Marcel round to his any time he wanted and that was how it should always be. They were friends and in Avie's head his friends were more than able to come round whenever they wanted. At the next question he just shrugged at it, "I don't think she does, whenever I asked her about it, she would just yell at me, doesn't matter. Ma will write soon, she always does," the teen just nodded, he then just decided to move the conversation along and picked up one of the books from the pile that Marcel had, "What does the title say?"

Marcellus frowned and thought about it for a moment, how was he suppose to know how you find an invisible room? But if an invisible room really existed there had to be someone who knew about this right? Someone who knows the castle pretty well, and the re were three persons who came to mind: the headmistress, the caretaker and perhaps the deputy headmistress. It would be easier to ask one of them about any information about an invisible room than searching for it in books written by people who might've not even been Hogwarts New Zealand students. ''How about asking someone who might actually know something about that?'' Marcel wasn't completely sure whether Avie thought it was a good idea or not, but it was a lot better than reading countless books. Marcellus smiled at his friend, he was glad to hear that he could come along more ofter, especially now that his parents had started arguing a lot. ''Thanks dude, It would be really nice to spent the summer holidays with your family again!'' The Hufflepuffer noticed that his friend had decided to not talk about his mother anymore so dropped it as well, he glanced at the book Avie was holding. ''A thousand things you NEED to know about Hogwarts.'' Marcel put his hands before his mouth and began to yawn.

Totally forgot about this, I'm sorry.

Avie wondered who might know, he assumed that Lucien wouldn't care too much about his search, nor would most others, in Marcel he'd found a friend whom he could trust to be with him about such things, though he knew that most would think their friendship more normal than the one he had with Lucien, Avie appreciated that with Marcel they could talk about magical rooms and he'd get back the same excitement that he'd put in. Avie nodded at him, hoping that he would come round, hoping that his mother would turn back up, but he was more glad that the conversation was able to move swiftly along to the book Avie had picked up. He had understood Hogwarts and a few of the small words, but he hadn't gotten it to make sense. He glanced at the title again, tracing his fingers over the letters as he repeated it, "A thousand things you need to know about Hogwarts," he flicked it open, though he was mostly looking for picture which would really help his understanding of the book itself. He hadn't read any of this book, obviously, and wondered what things he could possibly not know about Hogwarts, "These books lack pictures," the boy huffed loudly, picking up another from the pile and also in it noting a lack of pictures, "And they've been no help?"

He smiled to his friend. ''That is what the title says.'' Marcel knew of Avie's problem with reading and cool with the fact that his friend couldn't read yet. ''You don't have to look for the pictures, Av. There's nothing in there that can help us.'' He had read it at least twice now and like Marcel said to Avie, there wasn't a thing in it that could help them. ''Well, one book come with the theory that I told you about. The others, not so much.'' Marcel opened his backpack and put the books in it one for one. ''We need to talk to someone who knows this castle pretty damn well, and there are three persons that I can think of that might know something: the Headmistress, the deputy Headmistress, and the Caretaker. And before you say anything, Av. I know you probably don't like that idea, but it is all the we have right now.'' Marcel wasn't going to let this slip away. ''Pack your stuff, we're going.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back