What has been there all along

Alina Ater

OOC First Name
Ash
Wand
No wand she's a ghost...
Alina floated Aimlessly around the Entrance Hall, the kitchens were boring her, no children visited often and when they did they were to interested in the elves to notice the ghost sitting in the corner. Her Skirt which ran down to her knees seemed to move as if it was flowing in the wind, she sighed a ghostly moan as she floated past the pictures, some of which hid and othesr held up their candle sticks and cursed at her to go away and stop being a waste of air.
Her youngest child and her only daughter Adira had graduated school a while ago and she had no one to look over, she never revealed herself to Adira while she was in school because she wanted her to focus on studying an when school was over she didn't have time to catch her in private before she left and she didn't have the power to get herself to The Poison Ater... not with her Husband there.

Alina played with the schools acoustics and let out various eery moans and whispers using her Ghost abilitys, she hoped the entrance was empty and all the students were asleep but occasionally she had to hide from them when they snuck around to meet with their boyfriends and girlfriends in different houses, Her daughter did that once, but she was dating a Slytherin boy and she was a Slytherin herself, they were secretly dating, last she heard her Daughter was engaged to that boy... 'oh Adira' she said softly which seemed to have a spooky echo on her words.

Alina moaned sadly again as she floated towards the stairs

Andy was having a hard time lately, his ability to sleep had gone away. Andy was never a good sleeper, but now in particular, he could barely get himself to think of ssleep. He had been avoiding people altogether, secretly going to the kitchens late at night to get food, instead of going at the regular eating times. Instead of spending time with his cousins, he'd hide away in the Ravenclaw tower, buried behind a book so he couldn'tt be noticed. Now that holidays wwere in action, it was a little easier to hide from people, since mmost were at home for the holiday, probably having a good, safe time at home. But not Andy, he never went home for the holidays, he stayed at Hogwarts New Ealand, Justin had gone this year, to France, to be with his twin and mopther, tthough Andy wasn't sure why, he'd never relay met the woman, but from what he hhad heard, she was sscary and he wanted nothing toto do with hher atat all. The Ravenclaw fourth year sighed quietly, whynwas life hard? Could it not be nice and easy for him, could he not just float thourgh life? like most of his ccousins and all ththe other students of the school did? Why did stuff have to be so scary and why did he have tto be so jumpy aand frightened oof everything? Most importantly, why did hhe hhave to faint aall the titime? Could he not be but a normal fourteen year old, fir once in his life? He shook his head, he was being stuoid, stuff was always hoping to be scary aand he had to learn to deal with iit, one wa oor ananother, he had to aaccept the ffact that because of his tendency to faint in ssituations that scared him, he would always be an outsider to the other students of the school, something RHI had no problems with pointing out, unfortunately.

The Ravenclaw continued his way down the stairs, stopping when he heard moaning. He froze. Was someone dying? He considered running back up the stairs aand into ththe Ravenclaw Tower, but he was lliterally dying of hungry, he had to ggo to the kitchens. Hopefully, the dying person would bbe a llittle quieter, for his conscious' sake. The blonde continued to slowly descend the stairs, still hearing that moaning and groaning, it scared him, it was an eerie sound to hear. But when hhe came face to face with ththe cculprit, the see through, or transparent, well, partially transparent culprit, moaning was not the only thing ththat filled the enter an e hall, Andy's scream could also be heard with it. He cupped his mouth and crumbled tto the stairs, injuring his tailbone, but he didn't rreally care, he was face to face with a ghost and it scared hhim hhalf tto death. When he moved his hands ffrom his mouth, he screamed again and then cuped his mouth once more. He grew pale, very pale, probably paler than the ghost herself, if that was even possible.

Alina heard a Scream and she focused to what was infront of her instead of the objects around her, Her Grey eyes looked at the kid who crumbeled on the stairs and continued to scream and stop and scream some more, Alina was never a paitent woman, she was Slytherin at school and was married to a Death Eater for a good time in her life, she took a deep breath and snapped 'If you don't stop Screaming I'll give you something to Scream about.' her tone was harsh and cold and still had the light Echo on the end of her words. She looked at the boy and put her hands on her hips 'I was a person once like you, the way you are treating me is disrespectful and rude and you should know better' Alina pursed her lips at the boy, he was being crazy, she was just a ghost, she wasn't going to run through his body and try scare him to death.

The Ghost looked at the boy, Her body a very dull shade of what she once was, her blonde hair looked almost white and her grey eyes were even more grey if it was even possible. She brushed her transparent hand through her hair and waited for the boy to gain some sense. 'Are you done?' she asked wondering if the boy had a brain, she wasn't sure if her tone was correct, she had brought up her children in a harsh and strict manor, she was a Death Eater's Wife, there is no such thing as nice. Alina tried to be nice to Adira though, Be compassionate... at least a bit.. or what she was capable of anyway.

Alina didn't dare approach him, he would probably piss himself or worse. she waited for him to finish.

Andy tried to take nice deep breaths, especialy aas the woman, or ghost.. or what ever they wwere called, tthough, Andy was sure that aa ghost was still a person, just sort of see through. But her warning was not what he nneeded rright now, so he simply ignored it and focused oon hhimself, ttrying to mmuster up the courage to acactually breathe properly, otherwise he would die and pprobably become aa ghost himself, not something he wanted right nnow. He coughed slightly and swallowed the lump in his throat, he was trying to go against his nature, which was to faint right here and now, but he couldn't allow himself to do that, because one, the woman would nnot bbe able to help him, two, he would most likely be ffound by someone he would reaky wish he hhadn'tt been found by, because Andy was unlucky and if something coud ggo wrong, it would. He looked into the womans grey eyes, or at least he was quite sure they were grey, they looked grey, or more like a very pale grey, almost white, probably because she was see through, so it was didifficult to recognize some colour. When she explained that she was once a hhuman like him, he doubted it severely, she was pprobably a far stronger person than he, she probably had a half decent life, aand she looked like she had a relatively long life, she was definately older than Andy anyway. But still, he knew what she wwas saying, anand he knew that hhis behavior was stupid and unneeded, but he couldn'tt help it, he was trying ti calm down, before she possessed hhim or something. He looked in her eyes and removed his hand from hihis mmouth, not sscreaming tthid time, this was a good start. ''I...'' he swallowed the newly formed lump, and continued. 'I'm sorry.'' He said quietly, still nnot moving very mumuch.

Andy nodded slightly and sat up on the steps shakily, he was awefully pale, and his blonde hair was everywhere, bbut hey, he was aalive! And still breathing and he hhadn't fainted, he was qquite proud of himself right nnow, but if he could hhave, hhe woukd've jumped up and ran away oor something, but hihis legs were nit working right now, so he stayed put and looked at tthe wwoman carefully, hoping that she wasn't too offended by his behavior, he opened his mouth to whisper once more, since whispering was his nanatural way of talking, Andy's voice was very quiet after all. ''You shocked me. I'm sorry that I nearly ran into you...''

Alina watched the boy try calm himself down she tilted her head while he seemed to run through a plan in his head to calm himself down, she shook her head, he seemed very paranoid. Once the boy had finally calmed down and appologised she gave a small smile 'Ran through me' she corrected softly before she drifted backwards 'You should be in bed' the woman added as he hair moved in the non existent breeze. He looked as if he was studying her, working out how she died, looking for slices in her neck or something, she waited for him silently but kept her distance, treating him like a confused dog or worse her husband.

Alina nodded lightly 'Children aren't meant to be up at night, you need to look where you're going, i May have been dead for...' she paused breifly '15 or so years, but i was still a person like you, i went to school here just like you, Only i have doen a few more things.' she said quietly before she floated closer slightly, she had a sudden thought 'You don't know a Girl called Adira Ater do you?' she said eagerly, her emotions beating her behaviour. Normally Alina was Gentle but cold, a lethal mixture because of her attitude and her motherly behaviour. Adira was only 6 when she was killed, she has been very protective of the house elves in the kitchen from mean students, she had yet found a Student to mother but they wouldn't like her way of bringing them up, very harsh and strict.. Maybe a good Slytherin would forfill her needs.

Alina watched the boy and drifted around him up the stairs and then walked towards the barrier and floated through it, doing a small lap around him. 'Whats your name child, Speak fast.' she snapped in a sort of military style, she didn't like waiting that was for sure.

Andy's heart was still working overtime to keep him alive as he watched the woman as she watched him. It was strange. Logic told him that he had absolutely nothing to fear of this woman, she was dead, she wasn't coporeal anymore, she couldn't harm him in any physical way at all, yet she had him crumbling on the stairs with his hand on his heart. When the woman corrected him, he nodded slightly. Her correction was better at describing what had happened. But Andy wasn't accustomed to nearly 'running through' people, so he didn't say it. "Yes, that..." He agreed quietly. He was sure she could hear him, the accustics of the Entrance Hall could be thanked for that, but Andy wasn't a very loud speaker, since loud noises usually made him jump. The woman- or ghost, didn't seem to have any visible marks, not deep gushes or scars that he could see, and to his knowledge, ghosts look like how they died, except they lack color and are non-coporeal. Her next statement was true, Andy shouldn't be up so late, and now he wished he wasn't. Andy rarely slept as it was, but he most certainly wasn't going to be sleeping now, he doubted he would be able to reach the Ravenclaw Common room. "I was heading to the Kitchen." He explained shakily, looking around the room nervously. Some called Andy paranoid, but he liked to think he was more... cautious.

Andy listened carefully as she seemed to inform him what he already knew, usually, Andy wouldn't be caught dead breaking the rules, they were there for a reason and he respected that reason immencly, and he didn't want to flirt with the line that separated him from the rule breakers. He had already lost ten points for Ravenclaw by running out of class, he didn't want any more. But he was starving, so unless the school wanted to find his already pale body on the ground, they'd have to deal with him staying up a little later. He was intrigued to find out that she attened this school also, that was definately unexpected. When she asked about a girl, Adira Ater, he shook his head slowly. "No, I'm only a fourth year." He explained. Sure, he had been at the school for four years, but when you thought about people that had the school for seven, four seemed like a feeble amount. The woman would have much better luck asking someone older, maybe even a Professor that had been at the school for a long time.He watched her as she drifted around him slowly, acting as if she were a commander of a milita. It was sort of comforting to the Ravenclaw, as his mother had been a strict, but kind woman before her death, so it was also a sad reminder of what he had lost. "Andy. Andy Hydran." He answered quietly, listening to the woman carefully. Patience was obviously not her strong point, and even though she scared him, Andy was not going to push her buttons.

Alina watch the boy closely, he was terrified and she could certinaly recognize it aside from the sitting on the stairs screaming he did not think twice about talking to her, she shook her head and her lightly blonde hair moved with her, she could see him expecting her for cuts of visible marks that killed her 'I was tortured to death' she said bluntly to the boy staring at him directly in his eyes, her grey ones looking very lost themselves 'My Husband tortured me to Death..' she stopped and thought about her Husband, she still missed his strong arms wrapping around her, she didn't know why but she missed him dreadfully.

Alina shook her head when the boy said he was going to the Kitchen 'the elves do not like to be disturbed why would you go there' she said, she spent most of her time in the kitchen telling the elves what to do, they didn't like her that much but they put up with her. Alina listened to the boy say that he was a fourth year, 'Adira left school in 2028' she said sadly, Alina floated backwards slightly and sunk to sit on the step even though she could easily fall through it she seemed to be sitting on something solid, the stair she was sitting on seemed to glow with a light transparent smoke as if she was a part of the stair herself.

'Adira was my Daughter' she pointed to a picture on the wall of the 2028 Slytherin team 'She thinks I died' she said sadly, Alina quickly changed the subject.
'Well Andy Hydran, I am Alina Ater' she said as she shot up in the air and floated about a meter off the ground 'My Husband owns the Poison Ater, I advise you to keep away from anyone in my Family or they will scare you to death.' she said, it was her way of being kind and kindly warning the boy named Andy.

Alina floated back to the ground and looked at the boy, she heard a girlish giggle from down closer to the dungeons 'Are you sure you're not here to meet up with a girl' she said eyeing the boy. Alina moved closer to the boy and her Ghostly aura chilling seemed to wrap around the boy.

Andy nodded slowly at her form of death. To say that it made him a little uncomfortable would be a total lie. In DADA Andy had actually ran out of class and lost Ravenclaw points because the Professor was torturing a spider and he got scared and ran away. So hearing that this woman was tortured to death, by her own husband, made him really uncomfortable, especially since she was staring him right in the eyes. He swallowed and blinked quickly, breaking eye-contact. "I'm... I'm sorry to hear that.' He said quietly, feeling tired and faint. Andy shrugged. He kind of new the elves by now, and they seemed very suprised to actually meet someone, that instead of thinking that they were scum, or that they needed freedom, they actually scared Andy upon first meeting, and nearly caused him to have a heart attack. "They sort of know me by now.'" He explained. They didn't seem to mind too much that he came at late hours of the night to get something to eat, because Andy did eat much, and he dind't go every night. Andy nodded. Then there was no chance of him knowing her at all. "You might have better luck with a Professor or something." He advised, it seemed like the logical thing to do.

Andy nodded as he learnt about who Adria was, and followed the womans finger to rest on a Slytherin team. So this womans daughter was in Slytherin, and thought that she died. Which made Andy confused, because the woman kind of did die, she just didn't pass over, but he thought better than to correct her, because he figured that she wouldn't take too kindly to that at all. He also registered that it was a touchy subject, so he didn't comment on it and let it go in the air. As he learnt her name, Andy nodded, that made things a little easier. "Hello Alina." He said quietly. He follwed her movement and nodded at her warning. By the sound of the shop, Andy wouldn't be caught dead in there, in fact, he was sure he would have to be dead to even be seen near there, or crazy, which ever came first. "I'll be sure to remember that." He siad quietly, suddenly grateful that he had no intention on meeting the womans family. Ever. Andy looked at the woman as if she asked him to swan-dive off of Ravenclaw Tower. "I'm quite sure I'm not meeting a girl." Andy didn't like any of the girls here, because they were too bouncy and happy for him. Not that he wanted to spend any amount of time with a depressed person, but bouncy and super happy people scared him, they were so energetic and huggy, Andy wasn't one for hugs. But he wasn't one for the cold either, so when Alina Ater came closer to him and her chilling aura came closer, he shivered slightly, but didn't say anything about it and decided to just try to get used to it. She'd leave someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back