What Did You Do?

Pixie Day

OOC First Name
Emily or Emzies
Wand
Too young to own one

Pixie Day woke up early on the week before Halloween. She had to make herself a costume for her to wear at school. She planned to go as the blue fairy from Sleeping Beauty. Her two friends were going as the green and red fairy. Pixie was very excited for Halloween this year. It was very nearly done. She had been working at it for most of that morning and it was nearing the time at which Pixie had planned to make lunch. A noise creeped upstairs and Pixie looked up at the ceiling of the kitchen suddenly. This was strange. Pixie never heard noise from upstairs. She had more or less figured that her dad had moved out. But there was no way to know. She looked back down at her dress and continued to make the wings. It wasn't until she sensed someone at the door of the room, that Pixie looked up.

"Mum?" Pixie's high pitch 7 year old voice said in surprise, before she jumped from her seat and took a small step back. This was the first time, that Pixie could remember ever being faced with her mother and her mother was fat!

Feeling slow and very sluggish, Honey got out of bed, and put on a long pale grey dressing gone, before walking slowly to th door. She had just gotten off the phone to the Social Services. It had been a long phone call. During which she had arranged to meet with them, so they could meet Pixie before what was to happen to her was decided. Honey hadn't mentioned Imogen in this. She was a witch in training, having to move family would cause too much bother and there was no guarantee that they would end up in a wizarding family. She'd called Social Services mainly because she couldn't make Pixie continue on alone, and she couldn't let Imogen continue on looking after Pixie when she could achieve so much more. And that she was 7 months pregnant.

Honey walked slowly downstairs and to the kitchen where she knew her youngest to be. She stood at the door until the little brown haired girl realised she was standing there. Honey wasn't surprised by the reaction. It was normal. She walked to the kitchen table and sat down. She motioned for Pixie to go over to sit too.

"Come, sit. We have to talk." Honey said her voice barely above a whisper.

Pixie nervously walked back to the table and took a seat, she had no idea what her mother could want to speak to her about. She could only assume. Maybe something had happened at Hogwarts and Imogen was hurt. Or something had happened in Pixie and she couldn't do magic anymore. Pixie didn't know. She didn't want to know. It was too strange to have her mother want to speak to her. Pixie took a seat and began to swing her legs that barely touched the floor of the kitchen. She pushed a strand of her hair out her eyes.

"What about?" Was all Pixie could muster.

Honey couldn't expect Pixie to straight away be okay with what she was about to say. Honey didn't expect her to ever be okay with it. But There was nothing Honey could or would do. This was the way things were meant to go. She couldn't change anything about what would happen. Honey cleared her throat before beginning.

"Pixie, I'm sorry about how much I have no been in your life, and how much you've had to go through, and how much pressure I put on Imogen. But I've made the right decision. And I don't want you to hate me for it, because it is for the best" Honey started in her soft tones "I called Social Services, and you and your little brother or sister are going into care. I can't take care of you, and your father has gone awol. I just can't keep going, this is best. I don't know where you will go, or who the people will be, but believe me I'm sorry it came to this." Honey was unsure is Pixie would understand, she was only 7 after all.

"You have time, you'll leave just before christmas, after you're brother or sister is born. Imogen will not be going with you?" Honey said.

Pixie listened. She didn't immediately react, she wasn't sure how to. Firstly, mummy was pregnant. How had Pixie meant to know that. She hadn't properly seen mum in a long while. Then, she'd be leaving. Pixie didn't know how to react. Would she be able to say goodbye to Imogen. Would she be able to see her. Pixie wondered if they would split her and her soon to be born sibling. She hoped not. Pixie's bottom lip quivered slightly. Tears sprung to her eyes. She didn't want to go. She wanted to stay. Pixie jumped out the seat and ran to her mum and embraced her.

"Please don't make me go. Please" Pixie cried, her voice muffled as she had her face hidden by her mum's dressing gown.

Honey knew that this reaction was expected, though it did surprise her a llittle. She hadn't expected tears, maybe anger or annoyance but not tears. Honey embraced her child. Not quite used to affection from her child anymore. Honey knew it would be hard on Pixie, but she didn't want to know how Imogen would react. Although Honey didn't really know what was going on in her eldest daughters life, Honey knew that this would the hardest thing for her. She hoped that Pixie would stay in connect with Imogen. Or that Imogen wouldn't get too mad. Honey just had so much flying around in her head.

"You have to. It's the only way. I'm sorry. This is how it will be." Honey said quietly stroking the young girls brown hair. "Don't tell Imogen just yet."

Pixie couldn't understand it. She didn't understand. Why. To her? She thought she was doing fine on her own. She'd run away from the family. Find her way back, or go to New Zealand somehow and find Immy. There would be a way. She'd be able to get of this. Pixie backed away from her mother. She couldn't believe this. The tears were coming down harder and harder. She grabbed her costume and ran from the room, storming all the way up to her own room and slamming the door behind her. This wasn't fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back