What A View

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Toni had been walking about the school. She still wanted to see everything about Hogwarts. There was a lot of things that were around. Toni didn't know how long it was going to take to see it all. Though she doubted she would be able to her first year.

As Toni climbed the stairs to the North Tower she held her skirt up a bit in her hands. Today she was wearing her bright yellow skirt with a black top. Along with a nice yellow head band and a chunky yellow necklace. Basically a normal outfit for Toni. Though climbing the stairs in it wasn't as grand as she expected mostly in the outfit.

Finally she reached the top and went straight to look out a small window. "Wow" She said seeing the view noticing a few people outside fooling around and laughing. Toni stood there leaning against the wall as she just looked at the view, at the grounds of the school that was now her home for the next seven years of her life.

Isabella was re-visiting old places she missed during the summer on her first day back at school. Feeling like she could use the stretching she decided to go up to the tower and take a look at the view while it was still warm out. She had on a white summer halter dress that completely contrasted from the nice tan she'd gotten while she was at the beach in Italy with Aiden. Her flip flops hit against the stone floor noisily as she walked up the steps and entered the Tower. A smile appeared on Bella's face as she remembered the many breakdowns she'd had on this tower.

Suddenly she noticed another girl there and Bella stopped in her tracks. "Umm, hi," she said calmly to the girl who she assumed to be new.

Toni heard the footsteps of someone coming up the stairs. Wondering who it was but not putting too much thought into it. For this moment it didn't matter. Though as she heard a girl's voice that didnt' seem to be familiar Toni turned around. She seemed to take in this girl for first appearances did seem to be everything. "Hey" Toni said flashing the girl, who seemed a year or two older, a small smile.

"I'm Toni" Toni said introducing herself as she staring out the window for a brief second.

Isabella nodded when the girl introduced herself and said, "Nice to meet you Toni," out of politeness. She walked over to the edge of the tower and leaned on it so she could overlook the place. "What house are you in?" she asked, taking in her yellow-and-black attire, hoping she wasn't in Hufflepuff. She'd made peace with Patricia but that still didn't mean she was friendly to all Hufflepuffs again.

Toni didn't look at the girl but instead out the window. Sure she was excepting to learn the girl's name. Wasn't that what people did? Introduce themself as the other person did the same. Maybe this girl didn't quite get the concept. Hopefully I didn't just start a conversation with someone dense Toni thought holding back the eye roll that she so commonly did.

"Slytherin" Toni said simply. Without a proper introduction Toni doubted she would speak too much at all. "And what house are you in?" Toni asked turned to the girl slightly before looking out the window once more.

[Oh shoot, I didn't know I forgot to introduce myself! =)) ]

Isabella turned to look at the girl when she said Slytherin and a smile appeared on her face. "I'm in Slytherin as well, second year," she said to her, more friendly this time. "By the way, I'm Isabella Chaos," she introduced herself, remembering she hadn't bothered earlier. "You're a first year right?" she asked, just wanting to make sure.

((That's fine I sort of thought you may have forgotten ^_^ ))

Toni looked at the girl as she said Slytherin. Actually this was a relief. Toni had not met very many Slytherin girls that she cared for. Maybe this one Toni could at least make nice with. She needed a few friends that didn't happen to be the male gender. Though Toni really wasn't complaining about that.

"Nice to meet you Isabella" Toni said her voice no longer short and brief. At least she knew she wasn't talking to some dense Gryffindor or something like that. "Yes I am a first year" Toni said. "Just looking around the school actually. Trying to get to know it before I seem like one of those lost puppies when Classes start" Toni said hating those people that always showed up late for class with the excuse of being late. It happened at Toni's old school and she knew it would here again. Toni just had to make sure it wasn't her this time.

"What brings you up here?" Toni wondered.

Isabella laughed as Toni said she didn't want to seem lost on her first day of classes. "Hey it happens to the best of us," she said through her laughs. She remembered when she'd gotten lost on her way to History of Magic on the first day in the second semester. She'd been there a full semester and she still managed to get lost to class! Bella didn't really care for that class though so it didn't matter to her. "I don't know if viewing the school from up here will help though," she said. "If you wander the corridors you'll familiarize yourself with the castle," she said as a form of advice.

When Toni asked what brought her up here Bella replied, "Just wanted some fresh air and take a look on the activity outside I guess," she shrugged her shoulders. As if on cue, the wind blew against her face, blowing her perfectly curled hair away from her face.

"I guess though I don't want the Professors' first impression about me to be just another dumb blonde" Toni said. She had gotten that comment already plenty of times not by professors here but by a few students that Toni hated quite a bit. Mostly that blue haired freak Hoshi would Toni thankfully hadn't seen since sorting. What a relief She thought. If Toni could avoid Hoshi all year it would be great, all seven years perfect.

As Toni listened to Isabella say about viewing the school from the corridors Toni nodded. "Yes but the corridors are full of other firsts years wondering about aimlessly. Most of them I don't have the patience for right now" Toni said truthfully. "I thought I should get the know the grounds right now without actually having to go outdoors" She said looking outside for a moment. It was all nice and pretty from up here but really Toni disliked the being outdoors.

Toni flashed a small smile at Isabella when she told Toni what she was doing here. Toni could see it was a nice place to get a bit of fresh air though from what Toni could see there really was no activity outside.

Isabella laughed, "Yes there seems to be a first year takeover this year," she commented when Toni said there were first years wondering aimlessly and didn't have the patience. She wondered if that's how the older students felt about her class last year.

Isabella smoothed down her hair and said, "Well I think you came to the right place to get away from people. This place is almost always empty," she said calmly. "Though this also seems to be the place to confront people about stuff," she added as an afterthought, thinking of her own affairs here as well as the other rumors she'd heard about people confessing stuff to each other on this tower.

Toni let out a small laugh even though she was a first year she seemed to disconnect herself from most of the year. Some she could stand like Sam, Beau, Knight, and Jake but others well most of them were just plain annoying. "It does seem like there are plenty of first years though" Toni said thinking about the number compared to many of the other years.

As Toni spoked she ran her foot on the ground a few times. "Well I'll keep that in mind" Toni said knowing that she would need a quiet place to get away from people soon or a later. It was a privacy thing and Toni she liked hers quite a bith. Though when the brightstone was open Toni could always wonder to her and Sam's place. That would always be her favorite place or even the spot that Beau had shown her too. That was also extremely nice. But as for when she needed to stay in school this would probably be it.

"Confronting people?" Toni asked a bit interested though she tried not to show it at all. She wondered if Isabella had some sort of interesting story about this place.

"Yeah confronting people. I heard many stories of people confessing they like each other here while at this tower," she said slowly, trying to keep her story as broad as possible and not make it seem like she was talking about just her events up here. "I think it has something to do with the environment, the feeling like you're away from everyone up here, and you can let your secrets out in the open," she said looking down at her midnight blue painted toenails.

Not wanting to dwell on that subject too long she decided to go on, "Strangely enough, this is also the place for fights," she said through a chuckle. "I had my fair share, and I heard one about a pair of Durmstrang boys who used some girls during the Yule Ball had a huge argument up here." Recalling these events made Bella smile because it seemed like ages ago. She hoped this year would be just as exciting, except perhaps less drama involving losing her friends.

Toni listened to Isabella as she said she had heard stories of people confessing that they liked each other up here. Right away she knew a few people that she would never want to come up to the tower with. It seemed odd to think about but since knowing this toni was certainly not going to be stuck with those few in the tower. So far she was doing quite well with Sam and she was not going to mess that up with one simple slipping of a secret. "Yeah I guess that makes sense" Toni said trying not to think about it a lot.

"Fights though" Toni said as she glanced at Isabella once more. Now fights were something Toni liked to hear about. Maybe it was just because she was curious though she did like her fair share of drama not overly though. Most private schools were filled with drama. Toni hoped this place wasn't that bad.

"Durmstrang boys" Toni said recalling the name of the other school wondering what boys from another school were doing here. "Why was there another school attending Hogwarts?" Toni asked hoping that she didn't seem like a complete idiot for not knowing. It wasn't that she wasn't a muggleborn and didn't know. it was more that she was just clueless to facts like this almost as if her parents had kept her in the dark.

"Oh!" Isabella said excitedly when Toni expressed she didn't know why the Durm boys were here. "Last year we hosted the Triwizard Tournament for the first time in a long time, against Durmstrang and Hogwarts Scotland. The two schools came to compete and stayed here but sadly the Tournament was cancelled due to our Headmistress getting kidnapped," Isabella said with a hint of sadness in her voice. "But let me tell you, those Durm boys were sooo cute! Unfortunately for them though, their good looks got them in trouble and let's just say...demasculinized by the girls they wronged," Bella said smiling wickedly.

Toni smiled as Isabella seemed exicited to explain the Durmstrang boys. "That actually sounds quite interesting "Toni said as Isabella said that two schools came over her for the tournament. Though when she expressed that the headmistress was kidnapped Toni didn't really know what to say. Sure she had heard humors about it and probably read articles but not knowing the headmistress in person meant it was hard for Toni to show much pity for her. Though getting kidnapped was probably not much fun at all.

"Too bad they had to come back home" Toni said smiling as she learned that they were cute. Though the part when Isabella said they they were demasculinized made Toni laugh a bit "Sounds like they had an interesting stay though" Toni said wishing that she would of been here last year. Gosh who knows when they were going to have another tournament. Probably not until Toni was out of here. Now that is sort of tragic. "Too bad I'm not a year older. I would have liked to see the events of last year" Toni said hoping that this year would be more exciting maybe without a kidnapping though.

[Sorry it took me so long!]

Isabella laughed when Toni seemed disappointed that the Durm boys had to go back home. "I think everyone was glad to see them leave," Isabella said truthfully. "But it did spice things up around here," she said chuckling. She wondered whether her previous year would've been as exciting without the tournament and thought no but then she remembered that she'd met Aiden at the first Triwizard Task, so if there had been no task, then she never would've met Aiden. It was crazy how things worked.

"Hopefully our Headmistress is found and we're allowed to have another Tournament soon before we graduate then," Isabella said nodding to Toni. Finally a first year that wasn't annoying or arrogant like her sister Wendy or even Amarante. "Maybe we'd even get to participate if we're old enough," Bella said shrugging.

"Well that's what happens when there is a to die for boy. Troubles always seems to follow" Toni said smiling if that wasn't true she didn't know what was. "But this year should be interesting" Toni said glancing out the window for second. It wasn't that she was enjoying the sight it was more that she was watching the people below.

When Isabella hoped that the headmistress would be found Toni guessed that so did everyone else. "I'm surprise the school is still running even though she is gone" Toni said hoping that didn't sound awful but still it was true. There were plenty of first years all sorted. If Toni didn't hear the truth she probably would have guessed that the headmistress was still around.

"Another Tournament would be so cool" Toni said pushing a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear, that had become rather a habit over time. "I wonder if I would actually be in it" Toni said as she thought realizing that it was for pride and a bit of glory. "Probably" She added realizing that it would put her right in the spotlight in which she wanted to be.

"What about quidditch though" Toni asked knowing that Sam had talked about Quidditch so much. Toni was sort of looking forward to it too. "Are we still going to have teams and all?" She asked.

"Oh you're so right about that Toni," Isabella said shaking her head when she said where there is a cute boy, trouble follows. She immediately thought of Aiden and all the drama that had followed him. Though technically Bella was the one that started it in the first place.

"Oh we have a very good Deputy Headmaster and Headmistress that keep the place up and running. I'm glad though, because I wouldn't want to go to any other school now," Bella said honestly. She heard Toni say she would be in the tournament and heard a slight hint of pride or was it arrogance? in her voice. "It's super tough to get chosen for Champion," Bella commented. "But if you did, props for being from Slytherin," she grinned. Their previous champion had been from Gryffindor and although she had still supported her, she was a little upset it wasn't someone from Slytherin and it had to be the typical "Gryffindor Hero" act.

"You play Quidditch?" Isabella asked with her eyebrow raised. Finally another girl who liked to look good and play Quidditch. "Yes we're still having Quidditch, but I have to warn you though, there haven't been many games because our schedules are all so full," she said sadly.

Toni smiled glad that she wasn't the only one that felt usually a very cute boy was trouble and just full of drama. Even though Toni knew that she always seemed to be dragged into the drama. At least this year she was trying to stay out of it, trying being the key word. Though it was an attempt and that was all that mattered, well at least it helped matters.

Toni nodded as Isabella said that the school had a deputy headmaster and headmistress. "Well at least that worked out. I know I seem connected to this school already. Odd though isn't it?" Toni said not imagining ever being connected to a school nonetheless one she hadn't attended that long at all. The school just had a sort of charm to it that Toni, though she wouldn't admit liking this charm, did indeed like.

"Well I guess we will just see maybe there won't even be another tournment" Toni said hoping there was even if she wasn't in it, she still thought she would enjoy watching as long as someone she cared about was in it. She had heard that people die in that sort of thing and Toni would never even imagine a loved one or even a close friend dying. The thought was a bit too much as she placed it out of mind.

"Yes" Toni said smiling knowing that she probably didn't look like the type to play quidditch. "I've never played a real game other than with some of my siblings and friends though" Toni said knowing that quidditch teams here would be harder to play in, but she would try. "Do you play on the team?" Toni asked wondering. She didn't think Isabella looked the type either but it could happen.

"Yes I play Chaser," Isabella said proudly. She looked down at the casual outfit she was wearing, she was still in summer mode, so it did seem girly but it wasn't her typical outfit. Isabella liked to dress up elegantly with her collared shirts, pencil skirts, colored tights and flats. "Playing Quidditch is about the only time I'd ever wear jeans," Isabella commented with a smirk. "What position do you normally play?" Bella asked her.

"That's cool" Toni said thinking that maybe people here at Hogwarts were going to surprise her after all. "Chaser it the position I think Sam wants to play" Toni said doubting Isabella even knew Sam but still she had to state it. Chaser and Sam just seemed to go together. "Yeah I bet I'd actually have to dig out some jeans then" Toni said thinking about wearing jeans only twice since she's been here. Once when Beau was teaching her to skate and once when she was hanging out with Sam.

"I usually play Keeper" Toni said though she had not played any more positions she imagined that she could try another spot if she was needed. "Do first years have a shot at making the team" Toni asked wondering if they did guessing that they meant since Isabella was only a second year. She was probably on the team first year Toni thought realizing that it was a stupid question.

Isabella looked at Toni confused. "Who's Sam?" she asked through a smile. "And Keeper's a cool position," she commented while nodding her head. She had tried it once when she and Aiden switched positions as they were practicing the day after the Yule Ball, when they were still only just friends. She hadn't realized it then that she had a crush on him but only when she thought back on it did she notice.

"I made the team last year and I was a first year," she said smiling encouragingly at Toni. She had been the only first year from Slytherin but there were loads in the other House teams.

Toni smiled slightly "Sorry Sam's a friend" She said not wanting to get into it really. Not that she was ashamed of him not by any means but still being new at the school and already coupled off probably didn't seem so good. Plus when she told Beau that Sam was in Hufflepuff, yeah Toni just didn't want to relive that conversation. "Yeah I like it." Toni said speaking about Keeper. "But I guess all positions are fun to play. Actually I am not to fond of beater though" Toni said thinking that just was one position she didn't like very much to play.

As Toni looked at Isabella's encouraging smile Toni couldn't help but have a bit of hope. "Well then I hope we can be team mates this year." Toni said not even knowing if they needed any teammates on the team. If not there was always extras, not that Toni would be too happy to be just an extra, it would still be on the team though.

Isabella could tell there was something more going on with Sam but if Toni didn't want to reveal anything she wouldn't question her about it. "I am not too fond of that position either," she said thinking about it. "And hopefully we'll be on the team together," she said with a smile. Last year they'd only just had enough teammates and no extras which really could've come in handy at the Quidditch match so she added, "Even if you're only an 'extra' it is a huge help because sometimes one player may not play or whatever," she said encouragingly. This didn't mean Bella thought Toni was only good as an extra, but she thought she'd tell her that just in case she didn't feel like being on the team if she was an extra.

Toni looked out the window staring a group of students down there seemed to be casually hanging out and laughing. Toni couldn't see clear enough to realize if she knew them or not yet it didn't really matter. Toni turned her head to look at Isabella as she spoke. "I swear I was just thinking about extras myself" Toni said smiling a bit. It was always odd how people seemed to tune into the same wavelength every once and awhile.

"I think it would just be nice to be on the team" Toni said "But I really must practice. A group of my friends were going to practice some time but we never set a date" Toni said rolling her eyes "I guess that is what happens when you put guys in charge of plans" Toni said letting a small laugh escape her mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back