We're twins, its time we proved our teamwork

Caroline Huberta

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Stealing my Dad's Wand!
What woke her up at three in the morning was the freezing temperatures of French winters. Caroline Huberta realized she was shivering and the reason behind was that she had forgotten to close the window. Getting up from under her covers which had turned from warm to ice cold, thanks to the chilling air that now filled her bedroom. Even though most of the girls shared their bedrooms with others, Caroline was alone at the moment in the room because her best friend had left the school recently for reasons she was not aware of and her twin, Heather Huberta did not like sharing the room with her. However this time was of desperate needs and she would even have taken help from an enemy to prevent her from dying so her own twin who loved her deep down was not such a bad choice.

She rubbed her eyes as she searched for her jacket in the cupboard and putting on the warm thing which hardly seemed to show any difference to her ice cold skin, she walked out of her room and banged on the next door where lived Heather Huberta. Caroline personally had no grudges against her sister but her twin's constant jealous behavior made Caroline lose her temper at times and therefore the twins mostly ignored each other at school. They only acted nicely towards each other when they were in presence of their strict father Andrew who would skin them alive if he was to know about their dislike towards each other. Through clattering teeth, Caroline spoke but little squeaky sound was all that came out saying "Heather...?"

Heather was one of those who would sleep early and woke up early, she dislike being bothered by other people and thankfully she didn't have to share room with anyone. It was a coincidence really, she had heard that her older sister had to share room with someone, she would probably be complaining if she was in her position. In the other hand, Caroline used to share room with someone and she no longer had to because the girl left the school which was a good thing as well. The room of Heather's was warm, just the way she liked it. She had asked someone older to light up the fire to keep the room warm. She'd rather not go to school at all if she had to stay cold.

After being in a deep sleep for a while, Heather heard someone coming into her room. Of course she was going to ignore whoever it was or at least kill them right instance by yelling at them but the girl who came in turned out to be no one but Caroline herself. Still on her bed, without moving an inch or even bothered to look at her twin sister she spoke "What?" She asked clearly wanting to know what on earth was Caroline doing in the middle of the night in the room of Heather's. Caroline should know that Heather disliked being bothered actually Heather was blinded by jealousy and she couldn't see what was good in Caroline while as the matter of fact was Heather was just worse than Caroline but she still think of herself better than her.

Caroline walked inside the room as the door magically opened after Heather's approval for it to open. The instant she stepped in she could feel warmness which seemed very welcoming even know Heather's tone and her inquiry was as cold as ever. The warmth however was not able to stop Caroline's teeth from clattering and therefore she spoke "I...I'mm fre...freezin..nn." She looked at the fire in the fire place which was warm and was keeping the room from freezing, she moved towards it her body still shivering.

She sneezed loudly and sneezed once again and turned to look at her twin and said "Can..can ..I..I get a sha..a.wlll?"Caroline remembered from childhood that whenever they went out for swimming and the water temperature was a little from warm she normally started shivering it had been like that always and even now she normally felt more cold compared to others.

Heather was actually quite annoyed listening to someone disturbing her in the middle of the night. She wanted to sleep and she didn't want to be bothered, not even her older sister dared to wake her up in the middle of the night. Well mainly because they represent each other, reflecting each other's personality while Caroline was almost the same as Casper. Heather had no idea how her sister could survive being jealous of Casper, Heather was dying. She hated seeing Caroline being spoiled and got all attention, being a child Heather wanted one as well. She wanted to be treated the same but sadly she couldn't just because she was older by 10 minutes.

The little girl opened her eyes, but she wasn't moving an inch, Heather was actually backing her twin sister who came into the room.
"You have your own" She said flatly, of course Heather wasn't going to give hers. Caroline had her own so why should she ask for Heather's. Or maybe Caroline left it at home? Or was she seeking for Heather's attention? "Do you have any idea what time it is?" She said looking at Heather this time, yes, she was mad. She wanted Caroline to leave her alone but there must be an explanation why Caroline bothered her. After all her sister wasn't one of those who had no life and barged into someone else's room just because they feel like it.

Caroline was feeling a little better as the heat from the fire was warming her up. Her eyes however were squinted because of the light as she had just come out of darkness of deep sleep. "My windows...I forgot to close them" she explained to Heather as she dug out her hands from under her coat and put them closer to the fire. "My room is freezing and so are my covers" she added as she sneezed once again and pushed back the strands of her hair behind her ear.

Caroline knew Heather was disliking this situation very much but what could she do? Caroline needed help and if Heather didn't allow her in this room tonight she was going to freeze to death. "I know..its late, it must be past midnight" she said with a yawn. Her teeth had stopped clattering but she still was shivering. "Sorry, I'm disturbing you"she said with a sigh as she rubbed her palms together to heat them faster.

The explanation was rather silly, Heather couldn't imagine what her father would do if she did the same mistake as Caroline. "You forgot what!?" Not that she didn't hear what Caroline said but she was annoyed. "How on earth did you manage to forget to close the windows!?" She said as her voice raised not believing what she heard. "If I were you and I told father about it, he will tell me to go back to my room and freeze" She said holding a grudge to her sister. "But if it was you, he might light up the fire in your room" This was one of the reason why Heather wanted to look perfect, actually why she had to look perfect. If not her father would disrespect her and all the attention would go to Caroline.

As Heather glared at Caroline, her heart started to raced faster. She then lie down and pulled her blanket closer to her.
"Don't touch the white shawl, get what you want and keep it. I'm buying a new one" Heather never wore what she lend to her siblings. She didn't want to be caught dead wearing what other people had worn. "What do you want now?" Actually this was Heather in a pretty good mood, usually she would ignore her sister if she wasn't feeling good and she would yell at her but since she was in an awkwardly good mood she would talk to her without even trying to get rid of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back