Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Wand
Curly 17 Inch Whippy Sycamore Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Kengi Smile was sitting on a couch in the Student Lounge reading. He was doing good in his classes so far, so he was pretty relaxed. The only thing that was stressing him out at the moment was Jacob. He and Jacob just did not know what they were doing, which was frustrating to Kengi. He was the person to always have a plan, and Jacob was just not like that. He seemed to be going through something, and Kengi did not know how to help. The boy sighed and turned the page in his book. He had more important things to worry about.

Diana hadn't been as involved in gossip around the school as she usually was, too occupied with her own love life to wonder too much about anything else. But at the yule ball before the break she had noticed something that had made her curious. Jacob Kingsley with a Hufflepuff boy. Diana knew it wasn't really her business, but that had never stopped her from being nosy before. She decided to just ask the boy, Kengi, and see what he said. It would be good to know a bit of what Jacob was up to, just in case.

So when Diana saw the Hufflepuff, she put up a friendly smile as she approached him. "Hi, you're Kengi right?" She asked as she took a seat on the couch next to him. "I'm Diana, we're in the same year. I can't believe we never really talked properly." She smiled at him like she meant it. "I always love your style, you wear cool things to events and stuff like that."

Kengi looked up from his book and to the girls who had decided to sit next to him. He nodded at her question and turned his attention back to his book. He recognized her from classes, but he did not know why she was talking to him. When she mentioned his style, he looked at her in confusion. What style? Kengi never really understood the meaning of the word "style". He just wore what he liked, and that was that. "Is there something you need? I don't believe my style is groundbreaking enough to garner your interest." he stated, saving his place in his book and quickly closing it. She was looking for information, and Kengi could tell. Hufflepuffs were finders, so they had to be able to strike up conversations to get the information they needed.

Diana was sure she had grabbed the boy's attention and was ready to talk to him to find out more about what was going on between him and Jacob, but then the look on his face made her doubt herself a little. He looked confused, but Diana was determined to convince him she was just here to chat. But then the boy's words gave her pause. Clearly, he knew who she was. And clearly, he knew a bit about he personality too. Diana inwardly cursed. She had hoped the boy would have assumed she was a bit more like Rose or Alice, genuinely just interested in a friendly chat. She shrugged when he said his style wasn't groundbreaking enough for her interests. It was true, but he didn't need to know that. "I like it, that's all." She said, still keeping up her innocent act for now. "I noticed it when you were at the Valentine's dance with that other boy, Jacob, right?"

Kengi raised an eyebrow when Diana asked about Jacob. He frankly did not think it was any of her business, but he had no issue discussing it with her. "What about Jacob?" he asked. He was not just going to give her information, and he doubted that she had anything he wanted in return. "You said your name was Diane, right?" he asked in an effort to make it seem like he was not interested in her by forgetting her name.

Diana could tell from the boy's expression he wasn't really receptive to her attempts to get information, but she was going to keep trying. "I was just curious. Was he your date?" She asked him, then smiled apologetically. "It's just... a friend of mine has a crush on him, so I'm kind of asking on her behalf." She lied, making the story up on the spot. "It's Diana, actually." She added with a hint of annoyance. it wasn't that hard to remember her name, was it? Really, he should have known it before she introduced herself. But she channeled her younger sister and kept smiling, hoping that that would get her the answers she was looking for.

Kengi listened as Diana spoke. He still did not trust the girl. When he heard that someone else had a crush on Jacob, he started to get worried. Jacob wasn't being very clear with Kengi at the moment, but the boy still wanted to stake his claim somehow. However, he couldn't like about Jacob like he had done with Analei. "He was my date, but that doesn't mean your friend doesn't have a chance." he told the girl simply. Hopefully it would be enough for her to leave him alone. He did not want to worry about this right now. There was already so many other things going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back