OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
It was a good thing Desislav was holding onto Kayleigh's hands or he'd probably be fussing at the bowtie he was wearing or the other thing, a cummerbund the man had called it. Instead, he was too distracted as he looked down at his fiancee. They were just moments away from no longer being able to use those labels. As the woman asked if he had any vows, Desi nodded. "Kayleigh, you're making me the luckiest man in the world today. I can't imagine doing life without you,and I'm glad I won't have to. You're my biggest cheerleader and support, and I will work hard every day to make sure I never let you down and always show you that I'm worthy of all that support. Thanks for always looking out for me and making sure I don't get in too much trouble but still letting me have fun. I love you more than words can explain so I won't try... and I hope your vows are short because I really, really wanna kiss you." That last part was an ad lib from what he'd practiced but he needed to now that he had her in front of him in that dress. It was...wow. "Thanks for not wanting a crazy wedding and for only pretending to be mad when I call you Bambi because you know I find it cute. But most of all, thanks for not giving up on us even when I didn't realize we were an us. I promise I'll never forget again." He gave her hands a squeeze, feeling his throat tightening and his eyes getting watery.

Kayleigh's breath hitched in her throat as Desislav began talking. This was it! They were really doing this. Though they had decided to elope, she still wore a simple, white dress, and was happy to see that Desi did get a suit as well. That was probably the most expensive part of their day, but it was well worth it - he looked amazing.
Kayleigh wasn't one to cry that much, but she couldn't help the tears that glistened in her eyes as Desislav spoke, letting out a laugh when he said he hoped her vows were short, and again when he called her Bambi. She squeezed his hands in return, never taking her eyes off of him, but sending him a smile. When it was her turn to speak, Kayleigh took in a deep breath, wondering if she was going to be able to remember what she had planned. "Desislav, I've never been so happy as I am today. You are the best part of my life, and you always have been, and you always will be. I promise to continue to remember that, even when you are pulling dumb pranks on me. I promise to continue to be your cheerleader for your dumb pranks. Thank you for always making me laugh, for knowing exactly how to cheer me up, and for supporting me every single day. Thank you for putting up with me when I get angry, and for helping me, and allowing me to be the best person I can be. I promise to love you, now and forever, to eat every chocolate you offer me, even if it glow in the dark, and to clean off all the curse words you tag on the walls."

It wasn't until Kalif's wedding that the topic of eloping had even come up. Until they'd arrived and seen the hoopla of it all, they hadn't realized how very much they didn't want any of that. This...this was perfection. Just him and Kayleigh and the person marrying them. He knew they'd both be in for some stern talks and a couple of howlers, his parents no doubt would not be happy to have missed this, but it felt just right. He chuckled as she spoke about his pranks and their history, and images of teenaged versions of them passed through his head. They'd had so many good times together already. Kayleigh was part of all of his best memories. He couldn't wait to move forward in life with her. As she finished and the person asked about rings, Desi reached into his pocket for Kayleigh's and placed it onto his finger, his own fingers only slightly trembling as he repeated the words he needed to. "With this ring, I thee wed."

It was all happening now, and though Kayleigh didn't think her heart could beat any faster, when the lady spoke about the rings, Kayleigh felt as if she might faint. Taking out Desi's ring from her front pocket, she let Des put her ring on, grinning as he spoke. It was then her turn, and she repeated all she needed to as well, putting the ring on his finger. "With this ring, I thee wed." Kayleigh said, grinning at Des as the lady told him he could now kiss his bride. That was her!

Desislav didn't need to be told twice. He moved forward, sealing their vows with a kiss, surprised at how different it felt knowing that they were linked forever now. He broke the kiss, his face remaining close as he took in the moment. "I love you, Bambi" he whispered just to her. When he pulled away, it was to grin at the officiant who was offering to take some pictures for them. Desislav nodded enthusiastically, standing to his full height beside his wife. No one would need to tell him to say cheese today.

As the man took some pictures, Desi continued a conversation. "So who are we telling first? Our friends, your parents, mine? My vote is for whoever's not gonna yell at us." He wasn't sure any of those wouldn't yell. They'd all be disappointed, no doubt.

Kayleigh wasn't even angry when Des called her Bambi, she just grinned and kissed her husband back. She was happy that they were going to get a couple of photos today, even though it wasn't the wedding she had imagined as a child, it was better! It was perfect! She wanted photos to remember it forever. Kayleigh grinned for a few photos, before turning and looking at Des as he spoke. She laughed at his comment, wondering who wouldn't yell at them. "Alana might not yell...I feel like Finn might though. And definitely our parents." Kayleigh said with a giggle. "We can just send letters, though, right? We don't have to do it in person?" She asked with a laugh, not feeling like being murdered by her, or Desi's parents.

"You're right" he agreed. Letters definitely made the most sense. They could write letters, send them off, and spend a few days of wedded bliss before they'd have to worry about getting yelled at. "We can find the oldest owls that'll take a week or more to get to them" he added, his grin growing wider and wider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back