Welcoming The First Years

Larissa Sedgwick

OOC First Name
Beth / Bethy
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Larissa sat in the Great hall in her Slytherin robes, smiling as she watched the first years get sorted.
Whenever a first year was sorted into Slytherin, Larissa would cheer and clap like the rest of the house.
Slytherin's had to stick together.
She saw a first year heading towards the table, there was a space next to her and she smiled welcomingly.
"Here," she said, patting the bench space next to her.

Clover can't believe what the stupid hat had just said to her mind, after she got sorted. Clover went to find a sit and saw one and it was beside a older girl, she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms while walking towards it. "Oh, why thank you." Clover said with a hint of irritation, She sat beside the girl. "I'm Clover by the way." and led her hands to the older girl.

(( Can i join? :cool: ))

Sukie was sorted next. Thrilled that he got into Slytherin, Sukie practically almost ran to the table. "Mind if i sit here?" he asked the two girls who were sitting down.

Larissa smiled at the two Slytherins. She was being unusually nice.
She played with a strand of her blonde-white hair.
"I'm Larissa," Larissa said, giving a small white smile, "and welcome to the most difficult years of your life."
Larissa grinned.
"So," she said finally, "Either of you pure?" Larissa raised her eyebrows, Blood status had always been important to her.
There were only the odd exceptions. "Half bloods? Mixed Bloods? Mud bloods?"

Sukie smiled at the older girl. "Pleasure to meet you Larissa, I'm Sukie," he replied with a small smile. "I'm a mixed blood. Both my parents are half-bloods. What about both of you?" he asked politely. "Most difficult years of my life? Oh dear..." Sukie added.

Larissa smiled.
"Mixed blood- Part Veela." Larissa said proudly. "My father was a half blood."
Larissa's stomach gave a slight rumble. The food would only be served once the sorting was over.
"A lot more this year," Larissa added, reffering to the sorting, "More than last year.. tell me, Sukie, are you into Quidditch?"

Sukie beamed. "Oh yes, i've been playing with my younger brother since I was like five! Will there be try-outs for the Slytherin team?" he asked, picking up a muffin and licking the icing off it.

"I'm Clover and proud Mixed blood." She said and smirked, she really loves being in this house. "Quidditch is not may thing, but maybe i'll try to just cheer you lot's." Clover said simply and took a tart in a plate.

"There should be tryouts, yes." Larissa said happily, "But I don't think first years can join." Larissa rolled her eyes, "If I get a chance this year, I'll go in for the team."

She strutted into the great hall and instantly saw the table she needed to head for. The Slytherin one. She was proud, and so were her family that Ali had made it into Slytherin. Her black choppy hair curved around her face as she leant across two girls and a boy to reach something that looked nice. Her grey eyes fixed themselves on the older one for a moment longer. She stood up straight again, almost scowling at the three in front of her. Who would let people like this in Slytherin? "Who are you?" she asked forwardly.

"Larissa Sedgwick," Larissa said, her eyes focussed on the girl. She noticed the expression on the girl's face, "Did the wind blow and freeze your face like that?" Larissa said, not even in a nasty tone but there was certainly venom to it.

Ali's hard glare snapped across her eyes at the girl. She shoved her chin in the chair and sat down a little further along on the bench on her own, muttering to herself about "predictable teenage drama queens". If Ali hadn't known better she would have expected her to have been a first year, like the others she recognised around her, instead she hadn't seen her on the boats. "For you're information, i personally think you are trying to meddle with the wrong person" she hissed through her teeth at her before facing her back to her beginning to reapply her eye liner.

Hoshi was sitting close by but there was too much Glam on that end. Hoshi walked over to where Larissa seemed to be holding first year court. She smiled especially at the girl that was mouthing off to Larissa. "Well, well seems to me like the new meat has a bit of bite to it." She said with a wicked grin on her face that could have passed off for a pleasent smile. Hoshi still had her shockingly blue hair and in honer of the occation Hoshi was waring the robe she had ripped the sleeves off of and reattached them with safty pins. She wore the vest of the uniform but not the blouse and the stalkings that would have gone with the skirt where black and white instead of just white.

She held her grin as she sat next to her friend. That was until she caught sight of the only boy in the group. He was Japanese which mean most likely would know her last name her family being the most powerful of the four families that ran the Japanese underground. Her smile wavered but came back up again. "Hoshi for those of you how don't know." She said kindly enough but her eyes went hard when she looked back at the girl that was being unpleasent to Larissa.

Larissa laughed at the girl's words.
She agreed with Hoshi.
"Yeah," she said, a wide smile across her face, finding it hilarious, "Obviously doesn't know who it's messing with.. But it will soon." Larissa winked at Hoshi.
"Mind if I add her to this year's hit list?" Larissa giggled and took out a piece of parchment, her green quill and a bottle of everchanging ink.
She began to write the second name on her list for her second year. She'd seen this girl getting sorted so she knew her name.
The list now read;

Toni Addison
Ali Shaw

Hoshi looked at it and laughed. "Add the Glam Squad and you have the list for this year." She whispered and shook her head. The girl was adding eye liner in the great hall while the sorting was going on. Hoshi could not help but think to herself this girl could end up being a Glamie if she wasn't careful. "Ready for the big even at the end of the first week of classes?" She asked crypticly. She was talking of course of First Year Friday where she would teach all the new ones just who was the Prankster queen in the school.

Larissa smiled and began to add the Glam squad to the list.
"It will be great.. Hey, did you bring those fake galleons to school?" Larissa said, lowering her voice, "We can keep in contact during the pranks.. If you like," Larissa began, a mischevious smile spread across her face, "I can start planning the.. 'technical' side." By this, Larissa meant she'd organise places for people to be ready for the pranks.. She'd lie and say it was a new student club.

Hoshi nodded while biting her lip. She was looking at the Japanese first year. She could have swoarn she knew him from somewhere. Hoshi made her hand dive into a bowl of cheese crisps that where on the table close to her and started to eat one thinking and staring. Finally it clicked. "Sukie-chan?!" She asked and excleamed at the same time calling the boy by the suffix used for a girl most of the time. She had thought she would never see the she-man again. He was the reason she had used rinestones for the eyes of skulls on her finger nails. She hopped up on the table ran across then landed in front of him while quickly taking Sukie in for a hug.

Ava was up early that morning, she promised her family she would write to them, she wrote a very simple note:
Mother and Father,
Hogwarts is great. I made Slytherin, which I am very happy. Though its not like I was expecting different! I've got a few friends- which are all also in Slytherin. They're decent enough. I hope your proud of me, why wouldn't you be?
Ava
Okay so the few friends part was a tad overally exaggerated, in fact Ava hadn't bonded with anyone pratically yet- except maybe Daisy but she still had to get to know her a bit more to call her, her friend. Ava picked out one of her favourite outfits, simple yet stylish and made her way through the dungeons and up into the entrance hall. She was shocked at the amount of students buzzing with laughter and simply chatting. She hadn't been able to do that yet. Maybe today might be my day? Yeah, she liked the sound of that. She fixed her hair and straigtened her clothes and walked into the Great Hall. She made her way over to the Slytherin table promising herself that she'd be nice and at least get on with a few people. There was many at the table and one girl was running across it. Oh god. She sat down on an empty spot on the bench, pressumbly where the crazy girl sat, oh well she thought happily. No, be nice! Ava reminded herself, she forced a smile, placed her letter on the table ( it was in a small pink envelope) and poured some orange juice. "I'm Ava. Ava Prince." She looked around at each of the faces before taking a sip of her juice.

Larissa looked at the girl who had just joined them- with an expression of great distaste.
A new glam member, Larissa rolled her eyes as she thought this.
She cast a look of "Oh no, not another one" at Hoshi before turning fully to look at this girl.
Larissa took in her image. "Classic." She muttered to herself, eyeing the girl from behind the sketch she had just drawn- a sketch of a mud-blood being eaten by a dragon.
Larissa's eyes turned back to her sketch but she spoke directly to Ava.
"Blood status?" Larissa asked, her eyes un-focussed.

Ava was a little shocked at the reaction she got, though she tried not to let it show on her face. In fact her facial expression was calm and had her natural pout. When she turned to look at the crazy girl with a look of distaste, Ava's eyebrow popped and was about to say something when the girl did. Her question was odd but she answered it. "Pure." She said as if it was obvious. She waited for the girl to say something else or to give reason for her question.

Larissa's eyes flickered to the girl for a moment. Larissa couldn't help but value strangers by blood status.
As this girl was pure, Larissa had mixed feelings. She hated 'glammies' but thought of purebloods as the best company.
Larissa's eyes were twinkling blue.
Larissa finally had made her choice, "Larissa Sedgwick," she introduced, offering her hand.
She would give this girl a chance- but just one chance.
"Incase you're wondering, I'm a veela, so mixed blood." Larissa gave the girl a sparkling smile and tucked her sketch into her Slytherin bag.

Yeah, now you suck up. Ava thouhgt to herself happily, she shook the girls hand hesistantly. She took a shiney red apple from the fruit bowl and placed it on her plate. She began to neatly slice it as the girl told her more information about herself, "I wasn't wondering." she said cooly. The only reason that Larissa was talking to her was because she was a pureblood. Ava usually wouldn't mind but the girl seemed a bit of a goth and just plain strange.

Larissa half laughed, half snorted in the direction of the first year. (Ali)
It was highly amusing that a girl like her should strut out of the Great Hall.
"So," Larissa said, "Any of you planning on joining the Glam Squad?" Larissa would be ready if any of them were going to join- to become her enemy.

Ava watched a girl approach them- introduce herself, then leave. "Okay..?" Ava said turning her head and watched the girl walk out of the Great Hall, weird. Ava looked at Larissa as she asked a question. "I'd rather not be under a label." Ava said when the truth was Ava would love to. She just didn't want to be refused, if she asked them and got rejected she would be utterly embarassed and would probably not leave her dorm....EVER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back