Welcome

Val Smith

Val was busy trying to clean the house for she was coming and he was worried he had moved and now here he was all moved in. He had missed her and he had sent her owls everyday as she had sent them back. "I hope she loves the house" he whispered as he heard the doorbell ring he fixed his tie and went to answer it and there she stood his love looking beautiful as always. "hi" he said, as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her lips.

Cyndi apparated a few blocks from Val's house and then slowly walked over to the address he had sent in his last owl. Even though he had sent her an owl nearly everyday and she had replied diligently, it still wasn't the same as actually seeing him. She had spent a while picking an outfit to where that morning and had finally settled on jeans, some red heels and a long sleeved shirt. It was the fall after all and she didn't want to be freezing her assets off.

She rang the doorbell and waited patiently. As the door opened, Cyndi smiled at her boyfriend. She barely had a moment to lift up her hand in greeting before she was pulled into an embrace and a kiss. She squeezed him back. "I've missed you" she said, happy to be in his arms again. Stepping back and looking around, she exclaimed, "Wow! This place is huge."

Val smiled. "yep i missed you to babe" he said, as he smiled at her and grinned when she moved in and at the assasment she made about the house.

Cyndi smiled brightly at Val as she finished looking around the room and turned her attention back to him. She still couldn't believe that she was dating someone as great as Val. "Give me the tour" she exclaimed as she stepped beside him and placed her hand around his arm. "I want to see everything..." she added eagerly. She did want the full tour, but she also wanted to hear Val speak as she found his voice incredibly sexy and having had nothing but owls for several weeks, she would settle for nothing less than words coming from the man himself.

Val smiled at her. "why don't we save the tour till later and just go to the bedroom?" he asked, and smiled at her as he lead her to the room.

Cyndi nodded without a word as she gazed at Val with smoldering eyes. It seemed that Val knew what she was truly thinking about, and she could feel the heat growing between them even though they hadn't even gotten to the bedroom yet. In a flash, they were at the doorway and Cyndi could feel the familiar butterflies rise in her stomach.

As they entered the room, she turned his face towards hers and planted a kiss on his lips, then turned her body so that it was pressing against his as she kissed him even more deeply. Her arms wrapped around his neck, holding him in place.

Val hands went to her waist and he kissed her more tighter. "come on" he said, laying her on the bed.

Following behind, Cyndi allowed Val to lay her on the bed. She looked up into his face studying his eyes and his mouth. Her hand reached up to caress his cheek. "I think this is definitely better than the tour I asked you for" she said with a giggle. She loved laying on his bed because it was so comfortable and because of all the fun they had here.

an hour later Val knows she asleep but he loves watching her as the shadows play games on her skin. He think of what his life was like before she came. Easing out of bed he went to the window to take a look and to get a beautiful pick to remember this night.

Cyndi turned over expecting to put her hands on Val, but falling on the silk sheets instead. Opening her eyes slowly, she saw him standing by the window with his camera, taking pictures. She watched him silently for a few moments, and then smiled as she opened her mouth and leaned on one elbow. "I can't believe I fell asleep" she said with a hand over her mouth to stifle a yawn. She then brushed back a strand of her hair and added, "this bed is just so comfortable. I need to get myself one of these for my place in the castle."

The smile on Cyndi's face froze at Val's words. She sat up so that her back was against the headboard of the bed. "Oh?" she said as her fingers reached up to close around the amulet she had taken to wearing around her neck. It was meant to bring her strength and protection. "What's up?" she asked, patting the bed beside her.

Val stayed where he was, "i slept with someone else" he said, knowing it was lie but didn't want to tell her the truth.

A sharp intake of breath was the only sound to escape Cyndi. She quickly looked away, not wanting Val to see the tears that had welled up in her eyes. In truth, she had been thinking of breaking up with him. Their relationship, although nice in Cyndi's eyes, was missing some of the spark that she wished for in a relationship, and their jobs made it difficult for them to see each other as much as she'd liked. He was a great guy and she had hoped to stay friends with him. Even these feelings, however, had done nothing to prepare her for what she felt after hearing his words.

Her body felt hot and Cyndi's mind raced with questions to ask him, but one rose to her lips and forced its way out. "Why?" she asked in a pained voice, needing to hear his answer although she knew she probably shouldn't have asked. His answer would probably only hurt her more. A single tear escaped her eye and she quickly wiped it away before turning back to him. Her watery brown eyes stared into his, waiting for his reply. He was still standing by the window and Cyndi had a sudden urge to grab her wand from his bedside table and hex him.

Val couldn't tell her the whole truth that he didn't cheat on her that he thought it was the easiet for he knew she wanted out, "you want the truth the truth is that i know you want out and couldn't think of an easier way to let you off the hook" he shouted, turning from her to look out the window.

As Val shouted at her, Cyndi winced and her mouth dropped open. She opened her mouth to say something, but then closed it, unable to deny what he said. She did want out, but she hadn't wanted things to end this way. She had hoped to salvage a friendship when she broke up with him, but now she knew that the likelihood of that was slim to none. The tears that had been threatening to fall now did as she sat there, sad about the whole situation. She wiped her eyes and cheeks and took a deep breath.

Getting up out of Val's bed, Cyndi pulled her shirt on and then began to walk over to Val. When she was close enough, Cyndi reached out hesitantly to touch Val's shoulders. "Val...look at me...please" she began as she stared at his back, the tears still falling.

"I... I'm sorry, so sorry" she sobbed. "You're a really great guy. I just can't...things are moving too fast and I'm just not sure about...us" she said, ending in a mumble, unable to look him in the eye. She felt terrible and wouldn't blame him if he yelled at her some more.

Val looked at her, "tell me what to do to make it work" he begged, not wanting the relationship to end.

She shook her head, her hair falling in front of her face. She didn't know the answer to his question. "I don't know Val" she said truthfully, wiping her eyes once more. "I wouldn't want you to change. You're great" she said with a faint smile.

"I need to figure some things out, I guess." She knew it was a lame response, but it was the best he would get. What she really wanted to do was go home and cry her eyes out and then eat a box of chocolate frogs. Instead, she pursed her lips and turned to walk away so she could finish dressing and leave. There was no way she could stay the night now.

Val saw her walk away and felt his life slip into darkness, "there she goes" he said, taking a picture to remember this night and to make sure he never gave himself away ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back