OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggle
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Tyra finished setting the table, having Damien and Cooper take the triplets before the lunch she hadn't been expecting to have today. The phone call she'd received that morning had shocked her, to say the least, but this was... this was something else. She had always been very family-oriented, ask anyone, but this... she hadn't ever stopped to think about her mother's side of the family. Tyra took a seat, waiting for her guest to arrive. Her mother had told her many times how she had run away with her father, how her grandparents hadn't approved of her running away with an innkeeper. Something about tradition and being promised to a wealthy businessman. Her mother had been estranged from her family since before Tyra was born, she didn't know anything about her mother's side of the family. She didn't even know if they knew her parents had died. She had just poured the tea when she heard the knock at the back door. Tyra straightened, tucking her hair behind her ear and moving to open the door.

Mallory was so nervous. Her mother had passed away recently, leaving Mallory alone. She supposed she could stay in Russia with herFather, but she wasn't really wanting to after everything that had happened. It was when she was going through her mothers' belongings that she came across an old letter, one that had never even be opened. It was from an... Emily Wolf? She had opened the letter, surprised and sad to read that her mother and grandparents had been estranged from two sisters, and according to Emily, one of them had passed away, a woman named Sarah and her husband Jackson.

She had thought long and hard about it, and had decided to reconnect with the other side of her family. She was too late to know one of her aunts, but perhaps it wasn't too late to know the other. She carefully got dressed, wanting to look nice. She stood at the back door as instructed, and after taking several deep breaths to build up her courage, she knocked on the door. She smiled shyly at the woman that had opened the door, thinking how pretty she was, and twisted the strap of her bag nervously in her hands. "H-hello, Mrs. Wolf, may I come in?" She asked softly.

Last edited:
Tyra looked down at the young woman, smiling at her shyness. Tyra took her hand and gently pulled her inside, shutting the door and leading her over to the table. "Of course you can, sweetness. You don't need to be so shy. We're family." She reassured her. "My name is Tyra. I'm the eldest. Tell me about yourself, sweet, and what brought you to us," She encouraged, pulling out a chair for the young woman and taking a seat herself.

Mallory almost squeaked when the older woman pulled her inside, swallowing nervously as her grip tightened on her bag. "Oh- oh dear, I- thank you," She managed shyly, sitting in the offered seat. She folded her hands in her lap, staring at them. After a moment she spoke. "M-my name is Mallory Corrins. I- I'm 18. My mother passed recently, she got sick, and when I- I was going through her things, I- I found this letter-" She dug in her bag, producing the letter and offering it to the woman. "I guess my mother and father were estranged from my aunts- Emily, and Sarah? This letter says that Sarah and her husband Jackson died. I'm really sorry," She rambled. "I know my family was very... old fashioned and my aunts left to avoid arranged marriages, I- I missed the chance to know my aunt and uncle, I was hoping- I wasn't too late to know miss Emily? And the rest of you, if- if you might let me," She asked softly, falling silent and glancing up at Tyra nervously.

Last edited:
Tyra listened intently as Mallory introduced herself, taking the letter. She set it aside, more interested right now in the shy woman in front of her. Her heart sank at Mallory's words. "Oh- oh, darling," Tyra reached out, brushing Mallory's hair behind her ear. "My mother and father passed on nearly eight years ago. I'm sorry, sweetness," She gave Mallory a loving smile. "But you have me now, and my little brother and sister will be thrilled to meet you. We thought it was just us." She offered Mallory her hand. "How long are you staying in town for? I can give you a room here, and we can get to know each other. Please say you'll stay, Mallory." Tyra pleaded gently, already arranging everything in her head.

Mallory's shoulders sank when she learned her other aunt had passed on as well. "Oh, no," She breathed, tears filling her eyes. How sweet was her cousin to be comforting Mallory when it was Tyra's parents who had died? "I would love that," She agreed shyly, twirling her hair around her finger. "Um, Tyra, I... Would it be alright if my little sister came by to visit sometimes, too? She still lives in Russia with our father..." She asked softly, unsure if Tyra would be willing to accept both of the Corrins sisters.

Last edited:
Tyra smiled warmly, squeezing Mallorys hand in her own. She gasped when her cousin said she had a younger sister. "Of course she can, darling!" She giggled, catching up Mallorys hands in her own. "Oh we have so much catching up to do, my sweet Mal." Tyra was smiling so hard her face hurt a little, but she didn't mind. "Welcome to the family Mallory."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back