Welcome to my home, baby.

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Outside, Lounge, Eating area, Kitchen, Inside eating area, The room Detrick is going to sleep in;) Stephs room,

Steph sat on the coffee table in the lounge, she was fiddling with her hair, her stomach was twisting nervously. She was waiting for her boyfriend to arrive. It was just beginning to snow outside, and she was worrying if Detrick had got lost, or decided not to come. Steph chewed her lip, standing up and walking to her stereo, turning it off incase she couldn't hear his knock. Steph paced, yelling at herself in her mind, Detrick isn't even late! Don't worry about it, he'll be here!

Detrick was glad his mother had agreed to let him stay with Steph for a while during the holidays. His mother had noticed a change in him, one that was clear to everyone that knew Detrick before he had met Steph, so she was more than willingly to let him spend time with the girl that had changed her sons life for the better. Before he met his love he was, well to put it frankly, a loner. He didn't talk to anyone and always kept himself to himself, but since he had Steph in his life he was trying to change that and was doing successfully so far.

Finally finished packing, not something that was the boys forte, he said goodbye to his family and had his step dad apparate him to his girlfriends house. Detrick had never been to New Zealand before so he was excited to go there, the fact Steph was going to be there as well made it all better. Arriving outside her house Detrick thanked and said goodbye to his step dad before he apparated back to Germany. Detrick walked up to the house, his stomach lurching slightly - the way it did everytime he thought of Steph. Setting down his bag he knocked on the door and waited for Steph to answer it.

As soon as Steph heard a knock on the door she practically sprinted to the door, throwing it open and smiled. She took a minute to look at her boyfriend, well admire was the word. She wrapped her arms around his neck, 'Welcome to my home, baby' she grinned, kissing him on the lips. It was a short kiss, she was desperate to show him around. Steph couldn't deny she was proud of this house, it cost the whole of her cousins seperate savings accounts, and all of Stephs inheritance from her brother.

'Come in,' Steph said to him, taking her arms from around his neck and pulling his hand. 'This is the lounge,' She announced, looking up at her boyfriends face, a small smile on her lips.

Detrick grinned as he saw his girlfriend, returning the embrace and kiss happily. It felt like years since school had finished for the holidays when it was actually only a few days, but in that small space of time he missed Steph so much. Breaking away from the kiss he felt Steph take him hand only allowing him a split second to grab his bag and close the door behind him before being practicall pulled into the house. He laughed at his girlfriend enthuasisam. "It's amazing hun! he exclaimed looking around the room. The whole house looked amazing, actually, completely different from his own house - this one was so much more open and filled with light while is was as equally as nice but it wasn't as modern as this one. "Do I get the rest of the tour?" he asked with a small smirk.

Steph grimmed at his words, "Of course baby," She took his bag and slung it on the sofa, before pulling him around, so they were both facing the kitchen and inside eating area. "We dont usually eat here, i prefer the outside,"
Steph pulled him toward the big open, glass door. She didn't go outside, it was quite cold.

"Come on," Steph pulled him into the small corridor that lead to the spare room and Stephs room.
"I made this room up for you, incase you wanted to sleep in seperate rooms.." Steph opened the door, not looking ar Detrick, regretting saying that, she had wanted Detrick to sleep in her room, but she really didn't want him to get the wrong inpression.

Detrick allowed Steph to take his bag and throw it on the sofa and before he knew it she was pulling him away again. "You're a lot stronger than you look you know that?" he said with a laugh as they made their way to the door. He didn't have a lot of time to admire the view before he was being taken down a corridor which he could only assume went to the bedrooms. At Steph's words he felt a small lurch, he loved Steph but she was still only 15 and he wouldn't want to do anything to make her uncomfortable, no matter how much he wanted too. Walking into the room he looked around, "It's wonderful. Thank you!" he told her, giving her a kiss on the lips before walking over to the bed, pulling Steph with him, he wanted to talk to her.

Steph grinned, happy that Detrick liked the room, she had been a little worried when the spare sheets were all kind of.. girly.

Steph kissed him back, keeping his hand in hers, but putting her other hand on his neck as they kissed.
Their embrace was over too soon for Stephs liking, but they would have time for that.

"Okay," She said brightly, letting go of Detricks hand while she jumped on the bed and crossed her legs. Steph took his hand again. "What do you want to talk about?" She asked, a smile on her face.

Detrick couldn't help but chuckle fondly at his girlfriends actions, so happy! Despite himself smiling inside he felt sad, and he tried not to let it show but he wasn't sure he was doing such a good job of it. Sitting down on the bed he took Steph's hands in his own and gazed deeply into her eyes, his own showing signs of sadness. Sighing he started to answer her question. "I've been thinking, Steph." he started off, his voice loosing any traces of happiness. "This time next year I'll have graduated from Durmstang and I won't be able to see you all the time." he said. Graduation was not something Detrick thought of a lot, actually he never thought about it, especially as the sad event it was going to turn out to be. "I'm going to miss you so much!" he said with a soft chuckle, while his thumb rubbed her hand.

"And I just want, no I need you to know that I'm always going to be there for you, waiting for you, no matter how long it takes." he said as he released one of his hands from her. Reaching into his pocket he took out a small box. Opening it he showed Steph the promise ring he had picked out for her. It wasn't much but he hoped she'd like it, heck he hoped she'd wear it. "So I was hoping you'd wear this promise ring. My promise to you that I will always love you, no matter our distance." he finished, waiting for her reaction.

Stephs heart began to race as Detrick said the words, her smile fading as she saw the sadness in his eyes, her palms sweating as her mind came up with ideas of why he was sying this, but all the ideas led to one thing.. He's breaking up with me.

Her heart didn't slow as she realised what was happening, relief rushed through her body, then happiness, followed by pure love as Detrick pulled out a promise ring.
Steph took the ring from him, desperitly trying to stop her hands shaking as she did. She looked at it, the ring was beautiful. Finally, a wide grin spread across her face.
"Det, you are the most amazing, fantastic, caring, loving boyfriend in the entire world! I love you so much its unreal!"

Strph put the ring on her finger, before reaching over to him and kissing him full on the mouth.
She pulled away, kissing his cheek before grinning at him,"Seriously, i cant explain.. there arn't words to describe how happy i am right now"

Detrick could tell that his words were maybe not the best, he could sense Steph was worried and he was kicking himself for making his words sound like he was trying to break up Steph, that was the complete opposite from what he was trying to do! He let his breathing get back under control once he had the ring out, all the work was up to Steph now. Although he didn't have the ring for too long as Steph had it out of his hand almost as quickly as he had taken it out. He watched his girlfriend carefully, the grin was a bit of a dead giveaway that she liked the ring but everything else after just confirmed that he, with the help of Seraphina, had made the right choice in ring.

Relief spread over Detrick as Steph began to talk, he was so happy! Watching as she put the ring on, he couldn't help but feel his heart swell with pride. He knew now that Steph was his, sure it wasn't an engagement ring or a wedding band but it was as good as. He knew that he would wait for Steph, until they were old enough and responsible to take that step, at 17 and 15 they were far too young to be even thinking about that! Detrick returned Steph's kiss with as much passion as he could muster after his fears finally washed away. Chuckling at Steph's reaction he grinned as wide as he could, "You're happy? I'm ecstatic! You have no idea how nervous I was." he said with another nervous laugh. "It suits you." he said, taking Steph's hand as he looked at the ring.

'Of course i'm happy!' Steph grinned, allowing him to take her hand, 'Its so..' She paused, looking for the right word to describe the ring, 'pretty!'

Steph moved her hand so she was holding Detricks, she pulled him off the bed. 'The tour isn't over. You havn't seen my bedroom' leaning up to give him a quick kiss on the cheek, before pulling him out the bedroom and into the hall outside.
Steph took him to the next room, pushing the door open, letting go of his hand, waiting for him to go in.

Detrick felt his whole body relax, he had been so anxious about coming here and giving Steph the ring. Now it was all over he didn't know why he was so nervous, he knew Steph loved him, why would she have said no? He shook his head at how silly he had been. "I'm glad you like it. But you know it pails in comparison to you. It could only hope to be as pretty as you." he said with a slight chuckle but his voice full of sincerity. Laughing he felt himself been pulled again, this time it was back out to the corridor and into an other bedroom, Steph's bedroom. Walking in he looked around, like he had with every room. "Wow!" he exclaimed as he walked over to Steph, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Now I like this room." he said with a laugh. "You can tell it's your room." he said, as a compliment of course. "So what now tour guide?" he asked, ready to get the holiday started now that he had done the hard part.

Steph smiled, looking around her room. It was tidy, tidier than it should be when Steph couldn't use magic. Her bed was made, which was highly unlikely, but Steph hadn't slept in her bed since she'd come home, she'd been sleeping on the couch. This house was far to big, and too far away from the city for Steph to feel comfortable sleeping in her bed when the house was empty, she prefered to stay in one place when it went dark.

"Umm, i'm not sure. I don't think theres anywhere else to show you, not today anyway.." Steph smiled, "Its totally up to you, your wish is my command"
Steph laughed, turning in Detrics arms and resting her head against his chest.

Detrick thought for a moment. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do, the only thing he was looking forward to doing this holiday was spending time was Steph, so anything worked for him. "Well..." he said, taking her hand and walking back out to the main kitchen area and looking out through the big open windows. "I've never been to New Zealand before, and seeing you were such a good tour guide around the house." he said with a sly smirk on his face. "How about we take it on a bigger scale?" he asked, tempted to see what New Zealand had to offer.

Steph allowed Detrick to take her hand, pulling her into the kitchen.
"Well i'm not that good a tour guide, but i'll give it a go." Steph smiled, looking outside, it was still snowing, sticking to the ground, a slight, white blanket covering everything. Making the beautiful view even prettier.

"Where do you want to go?" She asked her boyfriend, thinking of places to take him whilst she took her hand from his, puttong her arm around Detricks waist.

Detrick rolled his eyes at Stephs comment. “Well you know this place better than I do.” he said with a laugh, it was true though. ”Anyway, you went to school near-by right? You couldn’t forget your way around already.” he said, sticking his tongue out playfully at her. ”How about we got into the local town. I think Seraphina mentioned it before. Brightstone is it?” he asked, not completely sure. It had been a while since his sister had come here and he couldn’t quite remember the name of the places. ”How about I apparate us there?” he asked, a small smirk on his features. He had passed his apparition test not so long ago and he had been itching to have someone side-along apparate with him.

Steph smiled, "I guess i do"

"Um yeah i did. It has been two years, you know what my memory is like" Steph laughed quietly,
"Yeah its Brightstone, okay, but i have to warn you, last time i apparated with Alex he said i nearly broke his fingers i was sqeezing so tight!" She smiled as she thought of the memory. Her brother refused to take her anywhere by apparation again. "I'll need to get a jacket, its getting pretty bad out there."
Steph took her arm from Detrocks waist and ran to the closet, grabbing her leather jacket,
"You ready to go?" Steph asked, once she had put the jacket on and zipped it halfway.

Are we going to start a new topic in Brightstone?

Detrick chuckled at Steph as she told him about the last time she apparated with someone, "It won't matter to me." he told her. Detrick let Steph break apart from him as she went to get her jacket. He couldn't help but smile as he looked out of the big windows again. For his first time in New Zealand he knew he was going to enjoy it, the fact he was with Steph was enough to confirm this for him. "Ok. Hold on tight!" he said as he took her hand. Taking a deep breath he concentrated as hard as he could, the last thing he wanted to do with splinch his girlfriend. With another breath he felt the familiar unease and they were gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back