Weighing of the Wands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorothy Ollivander

Be sure to read this thread before posting here!​
<i>
</i>
Being the shopkeeper of Ollivander's, Dorothy was invited to perform the traditional 'ceremony' that has become part of the Tri-Wizard Tournament, and that is the Weighing of the Wands. Since the retirement of Mr Ollivander, and the realization that Dorothy was now in charge of Ollivanders, she knew that some of these things would come along once in a while. Her shop in Obsidian Harbour, was closed. Her home in New Zealand, was locked. She was in France. A rather peculiar place to be, but she had visited before when she was youthful. Upon her arrival, she was led to the borders of an unnamed forest in France. She looked around and saw that the forest was dark, and looked peculiarly eerie. She stood in silence as she waited for her guests to arrive. She saw the champions tent, and the judges tent close by, she couldn't begin to imagine the thoughts going through these people's minds.
So she stood. So she waited. So she anticipated.​
<i>
</i>

Amable exited the Champion's Tent last, and then walked ahead of the lot toward Dorothy Ollivander, whom he had corresponded with via owls but was only meeting today. Amable extended his hand to her and smiled with great warmth, "Thank you for coming, Mademoiselle Ollivander. I do hope you are finding France a joy, though I am sure it cannot compare to your home in New Zealand." Amable's hospitable nature shone through his words as he stepped back and motioned for the three champions to approach Dorothy with their wands drawn, for her inspection.

The headmaster spoke once more indicating that their wands had to be weighted, she knew this of course and bending down slightly removed it from her leg strap holding it like a precious object in her hand. Her wand was like an extension of her, she was never without it and now she would have to willingly hand it over to a complete stranger. Albeit for only a few moments but still it felt almost like a violation of her, knowing someone else would be touching it. They left the tent and began heading towards the edge of the forest, she had seen enough forests around Durmstrang not to be overly scared of a bit of dark woodland. A woman stood before them and once again the headmaster indicated for them to approach her.

Moko decided that considering she was to perform the first task before the others, she may as well step forward now and get her wand done. Holding it up carefully in both upturned palms she passed it almost hesitantly to the woman. A look of apprehension on her face as if she were parting with a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back