Wedding anniversary

Edric Kuang

OOC First Name
Sally
Being away from the family for a month was killing Edric. He missed his baby Mason so bad and of course his wife, Yvette. Actually, he had been working in Japan, Osaka, the family opened a new branch there, it was fancy and Edric knew the right spot. The new `The Kuang's` restaurant was located in the center of the city in Osaka. Even before opening, people had been talking about the restaurant, he was pleased of his good work and he knew that his older brother Andy would be proud of him. The grand opening would be in a week and all the family members were going to be there including Mason who was about to skip his lessons for a while. If it wasn't for the sake of the family, Mason would probably stay at home with the house elf. But Edric didn't want to make a bad impression to his older brothers so Mason had to come.

With a bottle of firewhisky, Edric enter the mansion of his. He was still wearing his tux and quickly hung his coat. Edric wasn't planning on staying in the mansion, he had booked a hotel in Osaka and he was going to bring his wife there, not to celebrate his good work but their wedding anniversary. He got himself a suit room in a muggle hotel, it was pricy but he knew that his wife loved those rooms. This explained why the master bedroom was huge, three times larger than Mason's room. But again, what was the point of having money if he couldn't spend it? It was true that sometimes Edric put money first and then family but hey! He was trying his best to change.

Soon, Edric walk toward his son's bedroom, he was asleep. He walk toward Mason and kissed his forehead. He knew that his baby had a rough day, if not then he would probably be in front of the piano or switching channels on TV for an hour only. The door right across Mason's room was the master bedroom, Edric and Yvette's. He opened the door and walk toward the bedroom finding no one in there. "Honey I'm home" He said in Chinese trying to see if she was there or not. The mansion was too big, sometimes he had to bring his muggle phone anywhere around the mansion, just to find out where his wife was. Edric was hoping that his wife wasn't in her worse mood, he wasn't in the mood of arguing and worse, he had to cancel the room. He had always wanted to spend the day with his wife alone without anyone else bugging. He didn't mind if Mason join them, but again, his wife would be paranoid about their baby and as usual, they would debate about stupid stuff.

Yvette was outside in their expansive gardens when she heard her husband Edric calling her. She straightened, smoothing out her dress before stepping into the house. The sudden lack of bright sunlight made her blink, and she stood still for a moment, taking in her surroundings. There was her little baby, her gorgeous Mason. And there was her husband, just leaving the room, obviously trying to find her. Yvette walked forward so that she was standing next to Mason, and dropped to her knees next to him, to peck him lightly on the cheek, before going to find her wandering husband.

Yvette entered the hall and almost ran into Edric head on. "Ah, there you are!" she exclaimed, before lowering her voice. No need to wake Mason. She took his hand and led down the hall and into the living room, where they could talk without fear of waking their baby. She studied him appraisingly. "Is everything going well in Osaka? Remind me when the opening is." she asked, her voice smooth and cultured. She disliked only talking of business, but some things were necessitated, and after she had heard the answers to these questions, she could relax.

Finding his wife in the living room, Edric smiled and walk toward her. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her gently and rested his forehead against hers "Happy anniversary" He said, most husbands couldnt remember their wedding anniversaries including his eldest brother, Andy. But Edric wasn't those kind of husband, he remember everything including Mason's birthday and Yvette's. This explained why he had a bottle of firewhiskey on his left hand. "I got us a suit room in Osaka to celebrate this and I've hired someone to babysit Mason for a couple of days. You can still see him through your phone right?" He said and lead her toward the couch as he look at the family portrait that was hung on the wall. He was happy that he married Yvette and that his son Mason turned out to be a genius. "He'll be fine and we wont be teaching in Juilliard until next month" He said as he sat on the couch taking the suit room key out of his pocket.

"Honestly, Osaka is fine. Let's not talk about business, I'm pretty exhausted here" He laughed and opened the bottle of firewhiskey and poured it on two glass and drank one as he wrapped his strong arms around his wife. "What do you say if we apparate to the hotel tonight? And tomorrow you can see the restaurant and perhaps add a little touch of yours there." He said hoping that she would want to go with him. He wanted her to relax a little and of course Mason, he knew that beside Yvette, Mason needed a break from his parents and he knew that babysitter of his would be friendly to him and she would play with him perhaps for hours?

Yvette was pleasantly surprised when Edric reminded her it was their anniversary. "You remembered!" He never forgot, but somehow it still always surprised her. When he spoke again, she smiled and returned the hug, lifting her face for the kiss. "That's so sweet. Are you sure about Mason? I'm not sure about a babysitter." She sighed able to perfectly visualise Edric's face without opening her eyes. A mix of frustration and disappointment. "No, you're right, I will be able to keep an eye on him." She sat on the couch next to him, still unhappy about leaving their baby in the hands of a stranger, but trying to be happy for her husband's sake.

Yvette relaxed when Edric said that the business was going well, picking up the remaining glass of firewhiskey and taking a sip, letting the warmth spread down her throat into her stomach. She leaned into him as he wrapped his arms around her, and nodded. "Of course I'll come," she said swallowing her misgivings. She wanted to apparate soon, not having seen her husband for a month now. She knew it was all business, but she still wished that he could find the time to come back occasionally, even if only for a few minutes. Yvette took another sip of firewhiskey. "I wish you could be here more often. Mason doesn't see you enough, and I miss you." she said, leaning around and kissing him.

Edric knew that his wife would be worried about Mason, he did too but he had found a perfect baby sitter for him. "The baby sitter has a family relation with a professor in Hogwarts, so don't worry about it. I'm sure that she can teach him something and maybe Mason will come ask me if he can attend school early? I'm planning on putting him in muggle school so he'll be ahead when it comes to math, language, etc." He said reassuring Yvette that Mason would be alright and that he had a plan, hoping that she would agree with him. "If it isn't for Mason's lesson, I wont be working like this" He chuckled a little, well he did have to work a lot for paying the professor who taught Mason but Edric was a workaholic, he tend to forget everything when he was working. "Don't worry, I'll be here a lot this month. I promise" Edric could only promise to stay for a month, not more than that.

Edric got up "Wait, I'm going to go get something" He said entering their bedroom getting the luggage that was prepared by Qing. It was pretty big, he could see his house elf still packing up the clothes for both Edric and Yvette. Edric commanded him to put it downstairs. With a wand on his pocket, Edric went downstairs and walk toward his wife, wrapping his arms around her waist and apparated to the hotel room which had a baby grand in it. Edric ordered it special for his wife. "Welcome to Osaka" He kissed her and picked her bridal style as he placed her gently on the couch before getting on top of her and kissed her even more. "We've been married for 8 years, yet I'm still in love with you" He said before kissing her with full of passion. He was glad that he married her, and unlike his eldest brother Andy who couldn't stay with one woman, Edric could.

Yvette nodded, reassuring her husband that she trusted his choice of babysitter. "Muggle school? What if he does magic in front of someone?" She pursed her lips. "If you're sure... but if there's any trouble, we'll take him out of the school." When Edric stated that if not for Mason's lessons, he would come home more often, she laughed softly. Even before Mason had been born, he had worked the same hour and though it meant they could afford tutors for Mason, she often wished he could see his family more often. "Thank you," she murmured when he said he would be at home more.

Yvette leaned back contentedly as her husband got up and left the room. Closing her eyes, she heard him speaking, but couldn't make out the words. The sound of feet on the stairs made her eyes snap open again. She felt Edric's arms encircling her waist, and then he apparated. She took a deep breath and looked around. It was obviously their hotel room. Edric's voice made her smile, and she returned the kiss he gave her. She gazed at his face, drinking in the detail, as he picked her up and placed her on the couch.

((I'm really sorry about the wait. I've been really busy :( .))

Edric sat beside his wife as he rested his head on her laps, he was pretty tired since he had work hard all day. "He can't do magic, first of all, he doesn't have a wand and second he's underage. So don't worry about it" He said, he knew that his baby had so many lessons but he wanted Mason to socialize kids on his age that was why he wanted his baby to be in a school. "And I've found this good Karate school, I think Brad used to go there" Brad, Edric's nephew was great at martial art, just like his oldest brother Andy, he wanted his son to be good at it only to protect himself not to attack other people. "Maybe he need a friend" He sigh worrying about his child.

"Enough about him, how are you? I've been thinking about joining the ministry but I don't know if I can handle three jobs. But maybe I could, huh? Our nephews and niece can take care of the restaurant" Edric was a little frustrated on his jobs especially the one in America. Edric had to find a place where no one could see him apparate, which was pretty hard since CCTV's were everywhere and they were all muggles. But he got a lot of money from them and he had to work with them for the sake of Mason.

((Np xD and sorry that it's short... *need inspiration*))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back