we young souls

Benjamin Chase

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Dragonstone
Using a pen was unbelievably efficient for Benjamin Chase, despite believing that all things magical were much better than any muggle device. Yet here he was, sitting outside a bakery that was run by the sweetest witch whilst he was scribbling away. Beside him was a cup of coffee, even if it was already 30 past 8 in the evening, whilst he had a small muffin next to it. Normally, Benjamin would find himself scribbling on a notepad to take down some notes on the things around him. The things he'd see in other countries whilst he was negotiating with other architectural businesses. No, this time, he was writing a letter to his best friend who was now probably having the time of her life (at least Benjamin hoped) and he was trying to think of a ending to the letter.
To the best friend who should be right by my side right now,

I miss you. Definitely, certainly and badly missing you. I wish you were here with me as I traveled around. Indeed, I am mostly traveling for business but nevertheless, I get to see new places and experience its culture firsthand. You don't like business, so I'm afraid the purpose of this traveling might be boring to you. But hey, I'd be around to guide and have fun with you right? I'm in New Zealand right now - just came back from China, actually. It was lovely there, but experiencing New Zealand's air is definitely quite the treat. It's been long and I shamefully miss it. Anyway, I'm here in NZ to pick up my siblings from Hogwarts and accompany them to travel back home. I can't wait to here all the whines of Victoria and the grumbles of Lucas. Those 2 are certainly the death of me, don't you think? I could have accompanied a pretty lady. Instead, I'm stuck with the two of them for the next 2-3 days. So obviously, I need you here before my head will be overwhelmed.

I'll just keep this short, alright? To summarize, I'm tired yet thrilled of all the traveling and we simply need to go somewhere exciting together. What do you say about someplace romantic while we make fun of the other couples? It's immature, yet completely enjoyable.

So uh, that's it. Can you write back as soon as possible?
Well I hope you're having a good time there. And I hope you finally met someone special for once!
We'll see each other soon, alright?
Benjamin reread what he just wrote and smiled, reminiscing on the memories he had with Kialla. On the first day he met the brunette onwards, his life was pulled around by her spontaneity. She was a beautiful person and the best "sister" he could wish for. She'd listen to his problems and vice versa. Their friendship was flawed, but still healthy. Ben leaned back on his chair and flicked the pen around his fingers, trying to think of the most appropriate ending to it. Truly, he had all the time in his watch to think of a possibly humorous ending to his letter before sending it off. Benjamin gazed off into the distance whilst his lips were quirked as he thought of his concluding remarks. The people around him had blended into the background now and the young wizard was oblivious to any looks given to him by those who were curious to read his letter.

Yawning, Delilah came off her shift at St. Mungo's and her first thought was of coffee. Desperately the witch needed some to replenish her system and so still in her scrubs she apparated to the first coffee shop she could think of. Upon landing not a block away, she tied her dark curls up into a ponytail so she could get her hair out of her face. Yes, it had been up most of the day but these things fall apart when running back and forth from patient to patient, doing all she could to take care of them with the training she had whilst her evaluators watched and helped. The witch walked in and inhaled the bitter yet sweet smell that enveloped the shop as she walked to the front to order herself the largest cup of coffee imaginable. If possible, a bowl would have been preferable to her at the moment, as she had plans that evening with a few other trainees to go out although it might've been the last thing they should do or at least the last thing she should do because her last time drinking to excess had lead to far too much drama but also to her budding relationship with Jay, so she had conflicted feelings about everything aside from the memory of a hangover. That was always going to be terrible.

Making small talk with the owner, Delilah smiled tiredly and yawned once more to which the owner chuckled and observed that she needed this. It earned a smile back and an even wider one whence it was cradled in her soft hands. She thanked the witch and put the cup to her lips, walking and not completely paying attention so that she could find a seat. Or at least she wasn't paying attention until she tripped over the leg of a chair and spilled her coffee on someone's table and luckily not on them. It seemed to be almost in slow motion as she stared at the liquid flying through the air, leaving her feeling helpless to prevent anything and once it had landed she apologized profusely. "Merlin's beard, I'm so sorry! Did any of it get on you?" she asked, with her thick Californian accent coming through, as Delilah fiddled in her pocket for her wand and then tapped the table to clear up the coffee but the paper was wet and would be stained with coffee even as she quickly dried the page with another wave of her wand. "I'm really sorry. Can I get you another coffee or something to make up for it?" she said before she even looked at the person's face and when she had, she was embarrassed to have recognized him. He had been the Head Boy in her year and now, she became flushed and hoped that her former classmate wouldn't take this too harshly because she was still so exhausted from her day.

Joan Wheatley was in New Zealand with her troupe. They'd been here a for a couple of months last year, but had left not long after for Australia only to end up back in New Zealand when a couple of the shows across the pond got cancelled. Joan didn't really live anywhere, seeing as she did a lot of travelling. As a special effects witch, she had to be able to move on the fly. Joan had left Harrington back at the apartment and had decided to come out and have a snack. She'd not really eaten anything since lunch, but that had been more of a breakfast for her, as she worked pretty crazy hours. She knew she wasn't likely to get to bed until some crazy, ungodly hour of the morning, but that was just how things tended to work for her, no matter what she did. Not that it was such a problem, she lived this world, her family all worked in the same industry, so she always knew what kind of work she was going to fall into after Graduation. Still, sometimes she did wonder what her life would be like if she had tried to go into anything else. Certainly not as exciting.

As she walked by one of the many bakeries she often saw on her walks, she noted with some interest, that a couple of kids, much younger then herself, appeared to be making quite the mess of things. She smiled to herself and wandered over seeing the trouble. "Oh, would you look at that. Someone's gone and made a mess of that lovely letter you've written to your girlfriend." She joked. He was a handsome young lad, no doubt he had a sweet little girlfriend tucked away somewhere. "Unless you're his girlfriend, Dear?" She doubted it, seeing the body language. "I can fix that paper up for you if you like. I'm rather gifted with all manner of Charms." In her line of work, Charms were rather a requirement after all. It would be very silly for her not to be able to cast them. "You really should be more careful. They have Charms to combat clumsiness you know. What do they teach you in school?" It was any wonder really. After all, Joan hadn't learned any of her really cool spells until after she'd graduated, but surely they knew the basics.

(I just read over this and realised how rude she sounds, she's not trying to be rude, sorry!)

Whilst he was stuck, he did not mind taking his time. He really missed Kia and not seeing her for months now was definitely taking its toll on him. She was his assurance that the world had something redeeming in it and Merlin's pants, she actually listened to him! Even if he sputtered nonsense, her ears were rather attentive. Benjamin tapped the tip of his pen whilst thinking, when something, no - someone, was dumb enough to spill liquid on his table. Benjamin snapped out of his zone and looked up to glare at his offender, whilst his eyes narrowed. He was not angry, only feeling irritation and disbelief. His letter was drenched and he scooted out of his chair once his reflexes told him to. "You little..." He trailed, but his voice drifted to a pause when he recognized her. Oh. Her name was at the tip of his tongue and he blinked before confirming that indeed, it was that Ravenclaw girl. Benjamin knew her, but never in a personal level. He watched her wand siphon what just spilled on his table and letter and when she was done, he shook his head. "No, er... I'm good. But what a lovely greeting from my former schoolmate. Hi, Delilah. You sure have your poise intact." He uttered, his lips quirking. He was about to say something else, when an older lady approached them and said the most unexpected thing he'd ears could ever hear.

The older woman seemed to have her good intentions but Benjamin was not willing to open himself up to her. At the mention of girlfriend, he shook his head and snatched the notepad from the table, now all dry but still had the faint scent of coffee. He was not going to allow anyone to take a little peak at it, because this letter was too private. "We're not together," he said in a hurry, because Benjamin never had anything to do with Delilah. Benjamin shifted and looked at Delilah when they were questioned about what they were taught back at Hogwarts. He cleared his throat and shrugged, trying to look nonchalant. "School is far away from my mind right now, miss. And no thank you, I can fix this paper myself." He said, fearing that she just wanted to invade his privacy. He recomposed himself and gathered his manners, having no choice but to address the two women at once. "I was doing nothing anyway. Would you like to join me?" He offered a small smile but felt the reluctance tug at his heart. He wanted to finish his letter to Kia, goddamnit.
OOCOut of Character:
omg guys go make him uncomfortable i mean feel free

Delilah was humiliated to say the least and as her cheeks burned up she became even more so. The former Ravenclaw had never been very clumsy until lately coming off of work after running around and being busy and overworked and underpaid made her muscles sore and tired. It was no wonder she had tripped over something she hadn't seen. She smiled apologetically as she opened her mouth to say hello to Benjamin, a boy she had barely known more than his name. In fact, she had really only learned that because of his position. To her surprise a woman joined what would probably have been a brief encounter otherwise and she couldn't help but roll her vibrant green eyes at the woman.

"I'm not your 'dear'," the young witch mumbled under her breath, just low enough so the other witch couldn't hear, defensively after the woman had insinuated that she and Benjamin were possibly dating. The idea was laughable but she wasn't laughing instead she glanced at the victim of her exhaustion and nodded although why it would ever have been this strangers business she would not know. Once more she rolled her eyes when asked what they were taught at school. It should have been clear that the two were not attending Hogwarts any longer with Del in her St. Mungo's uniform they were both outside of the castle grounds. Still she said nothing about that and let Benjamin answer the woman himself because she in no way wanted to pry into his life, whatever his was nowadays, just as he most likely would not want anyone digging into his life. Letters were always private things and she did not care to learn about whatever private things went on in his life, she had too much information about too many different people already. With one patient telling her the exact details of how he managed to get injured by a unicorn and another telling her about her children when all she wanted to know was if someone was to pick her up the next day. "You should watch your tongue, they have potions that can remove it for you," she said in a sickly sweet voice when the stranger continued to insult and annoy Delilah. She may not have been proud of her temper but she did have it and so with her wand hand on her hip she starred the older woman down. Being the daughter of the now former American Minister meant that she had learned from a young age how to react to someone acting pompous and all-together irritating. So she gave the woman a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes and then turned to Benjamin in a nature much softer than she had just been showing. "I wouldn't want to intrude, Benjamin?" she said at the offer. In all honesty, Delilah was just keen to have her coffee and get her night over with so she could put her head to her pillow.

Joan sighed slightly when she realised that both of the pair had grossly misunderstood her sarcasm. Still, she supposed she couldn't have expected too much. She was too Aussie for some people. Though she had only been to the country a few times, their humour was very much like that of England and she grew up with British humour, it made sense that she would take to Aussie humour so well. She nodded her head to both of them slowly and tried to explain herself. "Sorry, i wasn't trying to be rude. I'm just not used to clumsy people." She shook her head when she realised that it also sounded bad and just gave up. She didn't need to explain herself, she wasn't very good with apologies mostly because she rarely had to give them. Still, it wouldn't hurt to try. "Um... yes, I did know they had potions, I've had to make it." Actually it hadn't removed the guys tongue, merely made it appear to have dropped off, because they couldn't have the guys tongue being unusable. He still had to be able to sing after all. It was rather obvious that this girl was quick to anger, or rather quick to annoy. She reminded Joan of her boss, and she didn't really like that. Her boss, the Director was ignorant and self-assured, though he constantly abused his staff and expected miracles. He had been the cause of many stars quitting and the result was the cancellation of quite a few shows, but that wasn't Joan's doing, she still got paid, so she didn't care.

Joan turned her attention back to the boy as he addressed a question to both of them. She supposed that she shouldn't be intruding, but it was only half eight and she was kind of hungry. Why should she sit alone when she had just been invited to sit with someone else. They didn't know each other, but this was how you got to know someone, made friends, connections, that sort of thing. She thought for a moment that she really should pass on his offer, but, in the end she decided that sitting with him couldn't be too bad. She smiled then and nodded at him again before sitting to the side of him, leaving room for the other girl, should she choose to stay, to sit across from him. "Thanks for the offer. I'm Joan by the way." She held out her hand to shake his and then offered it to the girl. "Did he say your name was Delilah. It's a beautiful name." She'd never known a Delilah, but she'd always thought that it was a very pretty name. Joan waved her wand and a cup of tea appeared in front of her. Tea from her home was the best sort of tea to have. "And I'll also just have a bagel if that's okay?" She asked the waitress who had come by to see where the tea had come from. "There's a good, Lass."

The woman's presence was putting off Benjamin and he suddenly felt like an awkward, teenage boy. Alright - he was a teenager, physically, but he was raised to be a formal young man who could carry himself properly. Benjamin decided not to say anything when the older woman informed them of her intention to not insult them. He just nodded, shaking it away like it was nothing in the first place. He did not want to linger on something so small. He was used to rather rude people, because there were times wherein he was rude as hell.

Benjamin shook her hand firmly but gently. Her name was Joan, a very simple name for someone who seemed rather not-too simple. "I'm Benjamin. Nice to meet you." He wanted Delilah to quit being so temperamental and just play polite. Both of these women were practically strangers and Benjamin was not going to have to end this day with an argumentative match. He was just peaceful a minute ago, with his pen and notepad. Now he felt like he was garbled but he took the initiative to settle down that feeling and perhaps, make a new friend instead. He did not have many, unfortunately, since some tended to drift away from his sarcastic and cocky personality. "I don't want to keep you," he addressed Delilah, nodding to her drink as he was still standing. "If you're tired, by all means, get some rest." Benjamin really did not mind if she left, but if she chose to stay, then she'd have to help him handle the older lady. He sat down slowly until he was beside Joan. He pocketed his pen and closed his notepad, putting it on the table gingerly. She could not just snatch it out of his sight, could she? "You're probably waiting for somebody, Joan. A date, probably? At 8:30 in the evening? I wouldn't want to be seen stealing you... Which I'd never do, by the way." He tested the waters, hoping to arrive at the conclusion that she was indeed waiting for somebody and she'd leave sometime soon. But his voice did not show it. His face did not show it either. She was a beautiful woman, now that he could look at her properly. Just too old for his liking.

It was not the primmest response that Delilah could have given but after a long day of doing all she could to save people's lives what did it matter if she was a little clumsy but of course she could not say this so she glued her lips together in silence. This woman seemed to be a pretentious fop who was unable to consider the larger picture and it was easy to see why the young witch would not take kindly to such words, especially when in some places her surname offered immediate respect but of course, these places were in the American wizarding colonies and she had not attempted to use this method for some time now. She nodded her head once as her name was inquired. "Pleasure," she responded in the same sweet voice that could be recognized as non-genuine.

Delilah flushed, just how haggard did she look and was going out later that night the wisest choice? These were answers for another time and after a few shots of fire whiskey wise was not to be an issue. "I just got off a long shift at St. Mungo's, don't mind me," she said to Benjamin and although she was tempted to buy another coffee and leave there was something about this woman being there and so brashly joining in that made the Healer stay out of pure spite which was a very Richarde thing to do if she were being completely honest but being this way with one's self never seemed to be such a good idea. Jay would probably roll his eyes at her dismissively and tease that she was jealous which was in no way the case but it was still something he would very gladly do, only to wrap his Quidditch toned arm around her later to show his support in most things. The American chewed her lip in amusement as Benjamin so dearly tried to steer this woman away, and not because she was unperceptive to his feelings about her being there as well. She had to say that there was not much that she could remember Benjamin for excluding his former position as Head Boy, he seemed to keep to himself just as she did but for likely very different reasons. As a young girl and even some particularly bad days now, Delilah had felt that death was around the corner for her. It had come to Julia and then to Alexis before they were old enough to comprehend how she might feel being left behind by her two big sisters after being teased somewhat relentlessly by the two and then the one. So she had not only been by herself, Delilah was fearing catastrophic death at any moment. Perhaps a Healer was a funny position to any who would know this about her but the former Ravenclaw had learned ways to save herself from as many circumstances as she could and in as many creative ways as she could think of which translated well to St. Mungo's as they had so many strange patients with even stranger conditions come in. She took a seat and knew now that whatever Benjamin seemed to have been writing was something to be kept to himself and the love-oriented woman would have to be kept from it and although they knew one another only in name and spilled coffee she would be sure to help him if necessary.

(WOW SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE OMG)

(It's fine!)

Joan shook her head as she watched the pair of them. They were definitely younger then her and though the girl seemed like a domineering b!tch, Benjamin at least appeared to be halfway decent. Joan certainly hoped that this Delilah wasn't the boys girlfriend, or at least interested, because he could surely do better, handsome boy like him. Joan turned her face to the girl as she tried to appear non-genuine and quirked an eyebrow. Joan had been in show buisness her whole life, is this was an attempt to scare her off, then it was going to fail dismally. Joan hadn't seen such bad acting since that actor from the play about Gilderoy Lockhart's life. The damn fool had been about as clueless as a newborn and his personality was as dull as a rock. Smirking slightly, Joan kicked the chair towards the girl and blew on her tea. "By all means, sit down. Take a load off. Must have been a terrible day indeed." Regardless of how long or how stressful a day was, there was no excuse to look unpresentable, be clumsy or be rude. Joan did not like rude and ungenerous people. She worked with enough of them for a life time.

Joan turned back to face Benjamin when he addressed his next question to her. She shook her head and leaned back in her seat, crossing her legs and taking a sip from her cup. She would wait here for her bagel, then she would leave when it was done. She wouldn't be here long for the most part. Benjamin could go back to writing his little girlfriend and Delilah could grow up. They'd all be happier for it. "Nope, no date. I don't generally date in the evening, mostly because I am so busy with work. It just seems easier to go out in the day light." All things considered, dating wasn't so bad, Joan just preferred to stay away from it for now. The occasional drinks or dinner was okay, as long as you were willing to let the guys take pictures with fans. Joan had only two major boyfriends in her life and neither of them had really turned out all that great. Still, she gave it the old college try. One day she might settle down, but not at this moment. She was still too young, she had years to wait yet. "You definitely aren't stealing me and even if my date thought you were, he'd just have to live with it. I'm a big girl, he doesn't own me." One thing that Joan hated was domineering partners in relationships. Sometimes it was the women but most of the time it was the men. Feminism got pushed back repeatedly because men tried to possess a woman instead of be her equal. "That being said, you are cute." It was a true enough statement. He was too young for her to call him handsome, still had some growing to do yet. He was definitely shaping up to be a good looking man though.

Delilah sat down and Benjamin almost looked at her with the most appreciative look he'd ever make. He was relieved that hopefully someone can help him manage this woman and though her company was welcome, he felt rather like an awkward teenage boy around her even if he wasn't supposed to. Probably, it was the way she carried herself and spoke. She spoke of not having a date tonight in which Benjamin replied with a polite and understanding nod, to signify that he was indeed listening. He was rather surprised that she preferred the daylight since she appeared to be the type of woman who thought that things in the evening can get very... hot, afterwards. Benjamin glanced at Delilah for a split second, hoping to catch whatever facial expression she was wearing. He truly hoped she was not going to irritate the woman or him, because he wanted this to end peacefully, if not blandly.

Benjamin shifted and felt slightly flustered when she called him cute. He was a man and he was supposed to be handsome. 'Cute' was a term for immature and naive boys, who flirted with women like any ordinary schoolboy. He was passed that stage! "Why, you're too generous..." He smiled weakly while nodding uncomfortably, offering his thanks. If only he could respond with something that would make him seem humble, he would. But Benjamin was not that kind of person. He loved compliments but if they came from older women who seemed to take a liking at him, he felt squirmy. "I do my best to look decent at all times," he indirectly informed her of his vanity. "You are not so bad yourself, miss." He returned the compliment back and he could not help but call her formally because of the apparent age gap. Not really unknown to those he surrounded himself with, Benjamin groomed himself always. With no one looking, he was the man always present in front of the mirror. Benjamin looked at Delilah, who was tired in her entirety. He hated looking so stressed and problematic. He remembered having to charm his hair almost all the time when he was the Head Boy, because he imagined he was already growing those white hairs from his scalp. "And how are you Delilah? St Mungo's is treating you okay, I hope. I've never pegged you as a someone who'd work there, but congratulations." Benjamin's lips quirked and wanted to add the ever irritating question of; 'Does it reek death in there? You sure as hell look like it.' But for politeness sake, he did not. She just looked tired, is all.

Although Delilah did not like this woman in any way, shape or form she was in no rush to begin an argument with her so she glanced over at Benjamin reassuringly. She could be polite and would be if necessary although she did not think that this old hag was worthy of her efforts. Still some things were better left for venting to one's... boyfriend or whatever Jay was now. She did have to purse her lips in amusement as Joan's comments. With every second she seemed to reek of desperation and the intent of being a cougar, which could only make her want to cackle especially as it would have been hard not to perceive how uncomfortable Benjamin had to be in this moment. As they spoke of their vanity the witch fought the urge to roll her bright green eyes. She had too many things to do in a day to worry about her appearance unless it was to tell a family of the untimely demise or of impending doom of a loved one. Then she made an effort. Otherwise her mind and her hands were busy making sure the patient load she was awarded and any crashes were handled expertly on top of her extra studies.

"Oh very well, thank you. I'm busy as ever, of course, but I do enjoy a challenge. I do wish I could see Jay more often, as I'm sure you can understand." Although none of their former classmates seemed to have ever asked them if they were dating and they had only begun their intimate relationship on the night of graduation, they were best friends and had been notoriously so due to the confusing state of his uncle and her late sister. They were not often seen without one another in the corridors of school. Delilah did suppose that he was right in saying that she did not seem to be someone who would have an interest in medicine but she did have such a talent for it and a knowledge of muggle and wizarding because of her many fears that were embedded in her at such a young age. With these fears she had to make sure she knew how to combat whatever the world and it's patrons might bring her and with that knowledge she had decided her career. "I'm afraid that I don't know what you have been doing all this time?" she stated, although also asking what he had taken up after graduation in the same few words. As they had never known one another very well at all, she could not say if he would have been a journalist, a shop keeper or even working for the government. He really could have been a criminal for all she knew.

(My turn to apologise this time. It's crap, omfg, sorry. :tut: )

Joan could tell when she was not wanted. When she finished her order she would leave, but she wasn't leaving right this second, that would be mighty rude. Besides, she wanted to finish her tea without spilling it all over herself. She wasn't particularly clumsy, but she did have her moments sometimes and she would rather keep away from those right now if she were perfectly honest. Sipping her tea, she looked at Benjamin when he tired his hand at a compliment, but fell sadly short and she had to hide her small laugh behind gulping down some tea. She didn't want to laugh at the poor thing. He was sadly out of practice and she thought that was both funny and sad. A boy like him should have had plenty of practice in school. She'd clearly made him uncomfortable. She wondered if he would maybe want a few tips for flirting, seeing as he was so grossly out of practice. Licking her lip and placing her tea down in front of her, Joan waited until the dialogue between Delilah and Benjamin was finished before interrupting by clearing her throat slightly. "You are sadly out of practice when it comes to compliments, Benjamin." She told him.

She flipped her hair over her shoulder to get it out of her eyes and grinned. "I can give you some pointers if you like?" There were a lot that she had picked up from the years she'd spent travelling with famous and non-famous actors alike. Some worked, others didn't. Some girls found cheesy endearing, others, like herself, found them horrifying. Some girls were so out of practice they would take anything. Her eyes assessed Delilah as she though that, but soon returned to Benjamin. He seemed like the kind of person who attracted girls easily but that they were scared off by something, money, status, family, anything that could leave a lasting factor in a relationship. Basically, he would need more practice if he were to ever get a girl friend and if he didn't want the advice, well that was okay, it wasn't like it would be a big loss. Her bagel arrived and she quickly took a bite from it and then another sip of her tea as she waited for the verdict. Either way, she was nearly finished with this tea. She would be out of his hair whenever he wanted after that.

Benjamin felt that he was becoming rather too obvious regarding the uncomfortable feeling he felt around Joan. She was a beautiful woman, who he should respect since she was perhaps more than five years his senior. Benjamin straightened his back more and decided that it was not time to feel like an awkward schoolboy around a mature woman, even if he could not help it. It was in his nature to feel such a thing, especially now properly looking at both women who were by far, prettier than any other woman out there. He listened to Delilah and when she mentioned the name of Jay, he perked up suddenly, almost forgetting who that young man was. Of course Benjamin knew his former classmate, but even if they were together for years in that ancient castle, the former Head Boy never got to know more about Delilah's "boyfriend" or whatever they labeled their relationship to be. "I've been handling architectural business these past few months. It's like I'm an intern in the company that is being cared by my father. Not too serious business, yet it's challenging me greatly." He thought of his past letters towards Kialla wherein he would tell her sadly about how he was being tested by his own dad, because Benjamin never really doubted his abilities until now. The only lovely thing about it was that he got to travel all around the globe, but reporting back to the senior Chase was something he had to work on.

Joan, who offered to give him pointers, made Benjamin flush sweetly. So this is what he had come down to? If she was flirting with him, then Benjamin was not really picking up on the clues. Okay, perhaps it was because he really did not want to pick up on the clues she was providing for him, because that would only make him feel awkward as to what to respond and how to express it genuinely. Benjamin allowed himself to smile sheepishly and allowed the lady to speak for him. "Alright Joan, enlighten me. And you don't mind if I takes notes, do you?" He joked, trying to act as charming as possible, without lacing the awkwardness he was feeling towards her. He felt however that what was about to come out from her mouth was going to make him flush more. "Maybe Delilah could tell us if she approves of your pointers too." He added, making an effort to allow the former Ravecnlaw to engage more in their topic. Truth be told however, Benjamin did need how to know how to flirt genuinely, because it cannot be forever that he would only flirt just for it to be an act towards business colleagues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back