Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (René)
Wand
Straight 10 Inch Sturdy Ivy Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Being in her sixth year was strange. Only two years left at Hogwarts, two years to make something of herself. With Jenna gone and Celia thoroughly cast down from her pedestal, Gwen knew the spot at the top of the social ladder was ripe for the taking. But what then? What after she graduated? Gwen had never really considered what she wanted to do. Nothing boring, like the Ministry, but what were her options? Gwen had always been interested in fashion, but she wasn't creative enough to design anything. She liked photography too, but was that her dream? If she was honest, Gwen wanted more. She was leafing through a fashion magazine in her favorite armchair in the student lounge, squinting critically at the models as she tilted the page from left to right. Surely she could do this? She was pretty, she looked great in most colors. Why couldn't she be a model? Or was she deluding herself? She tilted the magazine the other way, trying to pretend the girl modeling a pink dress was her. If she was honest, she thought she would look better.

Margo was so glad to have both her friends with her at school again she just wished they felt as excited about it too. She felt caught in the middle and while she hated the tension she had to admit she liked having their undivided attention as they complained to her. But today she needed a break and headed to the student lounge alone. It was busier than she expected but saw Gwen looking though some magazines. She didn't know the older girl very well but they were part of the Heta Omega leadership now so it might be nice to socialize outside the club room for once. "Mind if I join you?" she asked quietly and noticed she was reading a fashion magazine. "Looking for Yule Ball inspiration?"

Gwen wasn't sure who spoke to her at first, but after a moment she realized it was the other Heta Omega girl. The secretary. She was kind of a mousy nobody, but Gwen knew she couldn't really be rude to her. Not if she wanted to keep her influence in the club. It was also usually better to be nice to people, it was easier to manipulate them that way. Especially when it came to Hufflepuffs. Gwen smiled, scooting to the side a bit so there was more space. "Of course I don't mind." She told her kindly. "And yes," she answered because it felt less weird to say than what she was really doing. "Do you think this pink dress would look good on me?" She asked, pointing it out.

Margo smiled and took a seat across from Gwen. She admired the older girl's confidence from afar for a while and now that she was up close it made sense. Her hair was shiny and her skin looked flawless, a far cry from her modest looks on a good day. She looked at the dress she pointed out and her eyes widened slightly. It was gorgeous of course but was the kind of dress that would have swallowed her whole on her small frame, not to mention wash her out completely. But on Gwen it would be stunning. "Oh yes. I think it'd be perfect." she said, and started to wonder how much something direct from a magazine would cost. Was the older girl being serious? She knew it would be rude to ask so she kept that question to herself. "I think it'd work for a summer or a winter theme."

Gwen smiled, pleased by the girl’s answer. It didn’t matter if she meant it, it mattered that she said it without hesitation. Gwen tossed her hair back, then smiled modestly. “You think? Thank you.” She said. “I’ll try to find something like it, then.” She said, though she wasn’t yet sure if she would. She glanced at the other girl. “It is kind of a shame we don’t know the theme beforehand, that would definitely be helpful.” She mused. “Do you know yet what you’ll be wearing?”

Margo was transfixed as Gwen tossed her hair and for a moment she lost her train of thought. She was momentarily relieved the Slytherin at least didn't say she'd get that exact dress. Maybe she wasn't in a completely different world after all. A voice in the back of her head wondered what her father did and it sounded suspiciously like Valerius. She sat up straighter and smiled. "Yeah." she agreed with a sigh. "It would be nice to know if we'd clash with the decorations before we got there." she laughed. When Gwen asked if she knew what she would be wearing Margo felt like a deer in the headlights. "Oh me?" she mumbled and wondered if she should be honest to a girl like Gwen. In the end she didn't have a good reason to lie so she shrugged. "I have a yellow dress my aunt got me over the break. It's nothing fancy." she answered quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back