Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 13.5" Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Dannii sighed as she stepped out of the charms class room. Thank Merlin that was over with. The whole exam all Dannii could think about was meeting with Azerail afterwards. This would be the first time the two would be seeing speaking other since the Brightstone incident. Why did I agree to this? Dannii asked herself. Every time she thought about him her heart ached and she saw him up against the building with that girl, about to kiss her. Dannii tried to shake the image out of her mind before she started getting weepy again. She wanted to seem strong in front of everyone. She was supposed to be the kind of girl who didn't let these kinds of things affect her.

Dannii made her way to the Courtyard and saw that she had made it here before him. Dannii found a bench and sat down there. I hope he gets here soon, its friggen cold Dannii thought shivering a little. Dannii just wanted to get this over and done with, quick and hopefully painless, like ripping off a band-aid. Hes probably in the middle of an OWL or something... Maybe this was a bad idea Dannii thought. If she was stressed about exams he was probably going insane over OWLs. Dannii was not looking forward to them next year. How was she supposed to remember everything she had learned in the last four years and take an exam on them? Luckily her career of choice didn't require grades.

Azerail had finished his Potions OWL, and he wanted nothing more but to curl into a ball and just waste away into the air. These OWLs were crushing him. Though the OWLs were nothing compared to what he had agreed to with Dannii. Ever since that Brightstone incident with that Amethyst Snow girl, Azerail and Dannii’s relationship had become fragile like silk in an oven. There was just a matter of time before he would turn the heat up or down, and if he were not careful, their relationship would sizzle into nothing more but ash. But could he save and salvage what was left now? Azerail was terrified of losing her. Azerail loved Dannii, but he just did not know just how much yet. She had a little more time for her Charms exam.

Changing out of his Slytherin robes and into a pair of dark blue jeans and a black shirt. He did not need his trench coat, but he did get a hoodie. It was winter anyway. Azerail saw that it was time, and he inhaled deeply. Azerail ascended the stairs to the ground floor and outside he went. To the Courtyard, he went. The air was nippy, and Azerail shoved his hands into his pockets. His silver eyes gazed around until they landed on Dannii. She was sitting down on a bench, and he still thought that she was the prettiest girl in the school, no matter how many creatures that were attending here and were inhumanly pretty. Azerail approached her, and he just hoped that he would not screw up anything now. Next year, she had to go through the same hell as he. Azerail bent down instead of sitting down next to her so that he could look at her directly. Azerail murmured, “Hey…”

Dannii watched Azerail as he walked up towards her. Dannii didn't know how to react when she felt her heart beat go into overtime and her stomach twist into knots. How could the incident at Brightstone change everything but nothing at all at the same time? This is a matter of trust, not feelings The thought crossed Dannii's mind. Nothing would ever change how Dannii felt about Azerail, but the facts that she was an extremely jealous person mixed with her unforgivingness could certainly make this into a much harder situation to figure out. As soon as Azerail sat down in front of her Dannii realized exactly how unprepared she was for this. "Hey" Dannii mumbled back at Azerail. All Dannii wanted to do was curl up in his arms and be promised everything was going to be okay. She would never admit to weakness though. So instead she crossed her arms over her chest and looked away from him.

"I guess we should talk about... us." Dannii started wanted to avoid an awkward silence. Questions that Dannii had been begging to ask suddenly bubbled to the surface of her mind. Most of them revolved around 'How could you?' 'Don't I mean anything to you?' and other variations. Dannii was trying to keep her emotions in check though, which had been getting harder and harder to do all year. "I think I should give you a chance to explain first off though" Dannii continued. The Hufflepuff felt that was more then fair.

The Slytherin did not know what to expect when Azerail had come out here. He feared the worst, and that might end up happening over something that he did not know much about and had no control over. He had assumed that Amethyst was part-Veela, because never would he have done that to his Dannii. He never would have done that, and he waited for her words. He just hoped that they would be quick. Azerail wanted nothing more but to hold her, kiss her and tell her everything is okay, but he was also thinking that he would get slapped for that as well. Azerail was scared to death, and he was not easy to scare either. He was a Zhefarovich in the heart, but he was more like his softer mother than his stone-cold father. Azerail waited for what seemed like forever to him. Why must this be so difficult? Azerail knew that their relationship would have a bump somewhere, but this was no bump, it was a damn mountain.

Then, she spoke. Dannii wanted to talk about the two of them, their relationship. Azerail did not want to talk about it, but he would do anything to please her and to set everything straight. However, he waited for the blow, but she was giving him a change to redeem himself in her eyes. Azerail inhaled and he started on his explanation, what he believed was the truth, "I was waiting for you, in Brightstone. That girl, I have come to believe that she was a Veela, or part one. Cause something caused me to not think, but nothing happened. I managed to overcome that charm because of you. That is all that I really have to share." The only thing he could hope now was that she believed him. That was something that he was going for. Azerail did not want to break up, or even take a break. He wanted to pretend that the incident never happened.

Dannii was expecting a much longer explanation with a complicated story about him being tricked into it. Instead it was short and simple. Dannii still had a few questions though. Dannii thought for a few long silent minutes trying to think of ways she could ask her questions without sounding harsh and accusing. "How do you know she was a part veela? How do I know it wasn't just some pretty girl?" Dannii asked calmly. She did however look back at him and loosen up a little. She really really wanted to believe Azerail, but she wanted to make sure that she wouldn't be hurt when the next beautiful girl came around. Self esteem had never been a problem for Dannii, but when she saw that girl she felt like a complete troll.

Maybe if I was girlier, or nicer, or didn't spend so much time on quidditch this wouldn't have happened. Dannii told herself. Then she shook her head of those thoughts. That was just the way she was, a quick tempered tom boy with a love for quidditch, if Azerail didn't like that then oh well. You know thats not true. This isn't first year anymore and your not some stupid 11 year old with a crush. This is completely different. Dannii's rational side kicked in. She knew that she would never change herself again, but she would always try to keep this relationship working. As soon as she was reassured at least.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it took so long...

OOCOut of Character:
Oh it is fine. ;)

Azerail could not help but raise his eyebrow when she asked how he knew that that girl was part-veela, and not just some pretty girl. Azerail bit his lip nervously, and he bowed his head almost in shame but it was really in thought. Azerail wished that he knew how he knew. But what concerned him a little more was that Dannii seemed really upset about it, even if Azerail was a victim of charm and hormones. Azerail's head slowly inclined to meet her gaze and he pointed out, "I looked up the Veela charm and it causes the mind to go numb, even after you fight it or something. And then there are Snow twins that are in my house whom carry the Veela gene." Azerail had a good mind for most things, common sense for others. Azerail had a good mix of both.

Thought he was just assuming. Azerail continued, "I did not ask her, but the point is, I have never turned you down for some girl that has more looks than brains. I'm not shallow, and you know the type of girl I adore, and that is you." But would that be enough for Dannii to believe him? Some guys would say stuff like that to get the girl back, but when it was Azerail, he was saying these things because they were true. Would his explanation be enough, or would it end them forever? Azerail was obviously nervous and frightened, though it did not appear on his face. He instead looked serious, and convincing. But the question remained, was it enough?

Dannii listened as Azerail explained the affects of the veela charm, it sounded legit. She was sure that hundreds of men before him had used the excuse 'she was a veela', but Dannii believed him. And she told him so. A smile crept up on Dannii's face as she said the words. They were going to make it through this after all. Dannii leaped down from the bench she was sitting on and threw her arms around Azerail pressing her face into his chest. They had survived their first fight, if it could be called a fight anyways. I love you. The thought filled Dannii's mind, however she kept the thoughts to herself. She wasn't quite sure she was ready to tell him just yet. Dannii looked up at Azerail, "So you adore me huh?" Dannii asked playfully.

OOCOut of Character:
I could have sworn that they were going to break up over this. Guess they did not think that was a good idea huh. :r

Azerail's head slowly inclined to stare at Dannii, and when he was told that Dannii believed him. Azerail was about to stand up when Dannii threw her arms around, causing him to fall back on his bottom from the force. For such a small framed girl compared to him, she had force. Azerail placed his hands around her waist and wrapped his arms around her into a firm hug. How he adored being this close to Dannii, and surprisingly enough, he was not even remotely bothered by lust or desire. Azerail kissed the top of her head, glad that they were on good terms again. Honesty was the best answer after all. Good thing he had not cheated or anything, and he had no desire to. No one could ever replace Dannii in his heart. "Much more than you know," Azerail purred in admiration, "enough to break even the strongest Veela charms, I believe." Azerail just hoped that he would never run into a full-blooded Veela, because they could make any male putty into their hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back