We Need to Talk

Brodie Summers

OOC First Name
Sammy
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Brodie's good mood had been cut short on the night of Halloween. Why had no one bet against him? It was supposed to be a joke and now more then ever people thought he was gay. Brodie didn't want to be known as the gay kid, especially when he didn't even know if it was true or not. There had been Derrik, but there had also been Aleyha, and Page. Brodie thought over all of these things as he made his way into the forbidden forest. He has asked to meet the boy here so he could set things straight. It was supposed to have been a joke and he did not want to go to Yule Ball with him at all. Brodie actually didn't even want to go to Yule Ball. Brodie relaxed a little once he was under the cover of the many trees in the forest.

He pulled out his wand and cast lumos quietly not wanted to be overheard by any ugly beast that may have been near by. Brodie stayed near the edge of the forest so he wouldn't get lost and leaned against an old looking tree. This was almost certainly going to be an awkward conversation and Brodie was not looking forward to it. He spent most of his days trying to avoid any form of human contact and now he was being forced to seek out the very thing he hated most. Brodie thought the world would be a much better place if humans only contacted each other when necessary. Or course then there would be far less humans in total... That wouldn't be a bad thing either. The world was slowly being killed by each and every individual on the planet, especially the stupid muggles and their need to electricity and such.

Aeon jogged through the narrow trails of the Forbidden Forest, a place he'd been to a million times before, each time usually more exciting than the next. A boy from the Slytherin house, Brodie to be exact, had asked him to meet up so they could 'set things straight' as he'd put it. Aeon found himself not really looking forward to the meeting, it would be extremely awkward for the both of them, especially with the fact they had to go to the Yule Ball together, which didn't really appeal to the Gryffindor boy. Not that he had anything against gays, hell, he didn't even know what he was. Not once had he been in an actual relationship, and the only time he'd ever been kissed was by that Andromeda girl who had been a few years above him.

As he jogged along, Aeon found himself deeper in the dark forest then he'd intended, so was forced to turn back and take a few winding paths back towards what he hoped was the edge of the forest. After roughly five minutes, Summers came across some fallen tree's which blocked him continuing ahead. With an exasperated sigh, he began to climb, hand over hand, instead of taking the long way around. Once he reached the top, he noticed a figure in the distance, illuminated slightly by their wand light. Aeon assumed this was Brodie, but kept up in the tree's in case it wasn't, hopping from branch to branch as he used to back in his first few years of school. Those were great times, where everything was very dramatic and fun. Except when his cousin got involved, she had a knack for getting hurt. Then there was his brother, and the midget girl, Artemis. One gallivanting adventure they had, attacked by wolves, obviously. It wouldn't have been an adventure without wolves.

Aeon stopped at the branch above the Slytherin boy and swung down, his face directly in front of Brodie's, albeit upside-down. His legs remained firmly wrapped around the tree's branch, so as to stop him from slipping. "Yo, Brodie." He said in his old cheerful manner, his face lit up from the wand light. "You wanted to talk?"

Brodie was getting more and more impatient with every second he had to stay in this retched place. Who knew what could be creeping around here in the dark watching him. An icy feeling rose in Brodie's stomach as he heard something coming up from behind him. Oh merlin this was how he was going to die. They wouldn't find his body until it started smelling up the place, if there was a body left anyways. A red flashing light was going off in Brodie's head telling him to get the hell out of there but his legs were frozen to the spot. poop poop poop poop. COME ON LEGS MOVE! Brodie screamed in his head. Then a very calm and quiet voice appeared in his head, Excuse me but aren't you a WIZARD?!. Brodie couldn't believe he had forgotten that... His wand was in his hand for crying out loud... Brodie held his shaking wand hand up and in the most calm voice he could muster asked, "Whos out there?".

Just then something jumped out in front of his face, "AAHH!" Brodie shouted jumping back and dropping his wand on the ground. The very startled Slytherin looked up to see that it was just Summers swinging from the tree like some ape. "What the hell was that Summers? Are you trying to make me have a heart attack?" He snarled picking up his wand from the dirty forest floor. He should have expected this was the type of person his cousin would hang out with, idiots. "Yes I wanted to talk to you" Brodie continued after he had calmed down a little. "I just thought you should know that in no way do I want to attend yule ball with you. I thought someone would bet against me... but as it turns out you don't have many female admirers even with your face covered up." Brodie said in his usual arrogant prick way.

Aeon had to stop himself from laughing as the Slytherin boy jumped back in fright, and ended up snorting instead. Bringing his hands up to the branch, he let his legs drop down, then lightly followed suite, landing softly on the forest floor. "A heart attack wasn't what I had in mind, but something similar to your reaction." Aeon replied to the other boy's angry snarl, which he chose to ignore. Leaning against the tree truck, the Gryffindor tilted his head slightly, listening to what Brodie had to say, which was the complete opposite of what he'd expected, but then again, Brodie was a Slytherin. Most of them acted the way he was. "Well well, shouldn't have bet for me in the first place then, huh? Oh, and you can save your arrogant little insults for someone who actually cares. Grow up, Brodie. Anyway, rules are rules." Aeon muttered with a slight roll of his eyes. "I wasn't particularly ecstatic about going with you either. Now, anything else you want to add, other than another snide remark or immature insult, or can I go back to my room to continue my training?"

Brodie rolled his eyes at Aeon's smart ass remark. Brodie had been expecting that kind of remark, he was a Gryffindor they weren't complete half-wits(like the hufflepuffs). However the part about rules being rules confused Brodie a little. "What are you talking about rules?" Brodie asked. He had showed up late that evening and had missed the 'rules'. Brodie had a sinking feeling that it had something to do with having to attend yule ball. So what if it does? What are they going to do, give me detention? Brodie scoffed. Brodie had no intentions of becoming prefect so little things like punishment didn't really matter to him. "That reminds me Summers, aren't you a prefect? I don't think you should be condoning being in the forbidden forest" Brodie said crossing his arms.

Aeon brought his hand up to his face and sighed heavily. The younger boy had a point. Since when did Slytherins care for rules, anyway? "True, but you were the one that invited me here and I doubt I'd get caught anyway, I haven't before. The Forbidden Forest isn't such a big deal, especially the edge." Aeon replied in a careless tone. He turned his head to look back at the castle, noticing most, if not all the lights off in each window. "Well, I guess I'm off, Fudgie. My training is quite important to me, so is my sleep. If you don't want to go to the ball, then don't. I'll either find someone else or just not go at all." With this, Aeon turned on his heel, and began to slowly walk in the opposite direction, keeping close to the tree's. He felt quite sadder, now. He'd only ever been to the Yule Ball once, with Taylor. Every other time, all his friends were going with someone else, or he'd never gotten to chance to ask them. It didn't really matter, he didn't even have a suit anyway.

Brodie almost slapped Aeon when he called him Fudgie. He absolutely hated his last name, he had actually been considering changing it to Havishmen. But that would mean sharing the same name as his idiot cousin... Brodie heard a touch of sadness in Aeon's words. Why would he be so upset if Brodie didn't want to go to Yule Ball with him? He was a good looking Gryffindor prefect, shouldn't he be extremely popular with girls drooling all over him? Brodie watched as Aeon headed back to to the castle. Aeon really did seem like he could be fun. To poke fun at at least. Brodie chased after Aeon and placed his hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Look Summers, I wasted two galleons on you so I'll be there" Brodie said before letting go of the Gryffindor. Brodie felt a little awkward now and looked down at his shoes, "So um yeah... See you at Yule Ball" he said before heading towards the castle as fast as he could with out running. One thing was for sure, Yule Ball this year would be extremely interesting.

Aeon froze as he felt Brodie touch his shoulder, expecting some sort of other insult thrown his way, but instead was quite surprised by the younger boys sudden change of heart. He opened his mouth in reply, but couldn't manage to form any words, so just stood there completely speechless. He's...going with me? Woah. Aeon thought, watching as Brodie turned and walked back towards the castle. He remained standing where he was for a few seconds, leaning against the tree as the young Slytherin boy slowly disappeared from view, then jumped up and punched the air. "Yes!" He shouted, his voice echoing loudly throughout the silent forest. Hell, he was going to the Yule Ball with Brodie, even though he was a guy, and in the enemy house, he still seemed likable. Now he just needed to get a suit. It was going to be an interesting Yule Ball this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back