We Don't Know it Yet

Pearl Firn

OOC First Name
Sammy
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Pearl, with the help of her parents walked up the path to the the house that would be her home until she got back on her feet. Pearl told her parents that she didn't need help finding her room and would rather be alone after her husbands funeral. Pearl was having a bit of trouble finding the room her parents had shown her when they bought there new house. She was to out of breath to still be crying, the baby had her always tired. Once she finally found it she walked in and went straight for the bed, she just wanted to sleep. Once her head was resting on the pillow she fell asleep almost instantly.

Ryan - with almost nothing better to do - went to the bathroom. It was turning a bit more a ritual. Its not that he didn't like Hope's cooking, its just that after so long the food just got to him. Maybe it was because it wasn't used to it yet. "Yeah, that's all." he thought as he flushed the toilet.

Before washing his hands he heard someone was coming up the stairs. The feet were almost light but still audible. "Probably Dustin making sure that I didn't make a mess of anything." he thought once more. After walking out the door, he headed to his "room". To his surprise, he found a female lying in his bed.

Of course he didn't want to disturb her at all. Did she even realize that this isn't her room? Slowly Ryan walked to his bed. "Hm...she is kinda cute..." Ryan shook his head. He had the courage to take his arm, nudge her and softly speak;

"Excuse me Miss? Um...you're in my bed."

Pearl was having a horrible dream about the night Remus died. She was just about to get to the part where her husband fell to the ground when she woke up screaming. Pearl looked up and saw some strange man standing there, "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?" she screamed pulling the sheets up to her chest.

Ryan jumped out of his own skin. He fell back after Pearl yelled at the top of her lungs.
"Ma'am you're in my room. I wanted to let you know. I was going back to bed when I saw you laying there." Ryan was shaking. He tried hard to get back his strength. He got back up and leaned against the wall.

"I'm sorry I startled you so much."

"What do you mean your room? Who the hell are you? This is my parents house, and this is my room" she said standing up. Pearl had tears in her eyes again, she really didn't want to have to deal with this kind of stress. Pearl fell back on 'her' bed. She tried to rub the tears out of her eyes but they kept coming, she wanted her babies, and she wanted Remus. Its my fault hes dead, I couldn't help him, I'm a horrible nurse she thought again for the millionth time that day.

"Sorry ma'am. I'm Ryan. I'm a friend of the family somehow. Don't quite get it myself. I needed a place to stay until I get up on my feet. Hope said that I could stay here as long as I needed." Ryan noticed the tears in her eyes.

"Is everything alright? I can see the tears in your eyes." Ryan didn't know this person well but obviously something was wrong and he was worried.

Pearl listened to what he had to say, it was true, Hope was one to take in people who needed homes, that was just one of the things that made her awesome. Tears started to roll down Pearl's face if he asked her if everything was okay How stupid can you get? Obviously something is not okay she told her self standing up. Pearl took off her jacket to reveal her black dress and obviously pregnant tummy. She turned on him, "Does it look like every things okay?" she asked in a whisper. Pearl was starting to hyperventilate a little, "Lets see, my husbands dead, I'm pregnant with his child who is now going to grow up fatherless, my other two kids just got taken away from me from there abusive father, and I have to go back to work in a few days because if I don't I wont be able to support my family!" she said getting louder and louder with every word. "Does, that sound okay to you!?" she shouted. Pearl felt faint and put her head in her hands. "Go get my mother" she said quietly before walking over to the bed and collapsing in it.

Boy was Ryan on the hot spot. Pearl was going on and on about everything. Ryan could see that she was pregnant and it showed. She went on and on about everything that had been going on. Ryan was just standing there almost shaking not knowing what to do. Finally Pearl spat out that she wanted her mother. Ryan ran like a mad man out of the room and called after Hope. "Hope! We need you now!" he yelled.

Hope sighed as she heard screaming coming from upstairs. Typical of her daughter she was welcoming Ryan warmly. She thought nothing of it and continued to drink her coffee until Ryan yelled that she was needed. Hope jumped up at the urgency at his voice and ran up to his room. He gasped as she saw her daughter passed out at the bed. "Oh poop, what happened?" she asked running over to her pregnant daughter.

Ryan was at a loss for words.
"I came out of the bathroom and she was here. She got into bed and I slowly work her up. Then out of nowhere she started rambling about what was going on and then she just passed out on the bed." Ryan was beyond trying to piece together was just happened.

Hope shook her head as Ryan explained what had happened, "As usual she got a little over emotional" Pearl said brushing the hair out of Pearl's face. Hope wasn't worried, this happened to Pearl all the time, but the fact that she was pregnant wasn't so great. "She'll wake up soon, I think shes just exhausted, she hasn't slept since Remus died" she explained. "I'll take her to her room when she wakes up," Hope added looking up at Ryan.

Ryan felt so bad. If he had known that all this had happened to Pearl, he never would have bothered her. He was curious to know who this Remus was. After Hope brought Pearl to another room, Ryan decided to ask; "Hope...who is Remus if I may ask?"

Hope brought a sleepy and confused Pearl to the room next door before coming back to make sure Ryan was okay. She was just using her wand to remake the bed when Ryan asked who Remus was, "Oh... Remus was Pearl's husband, they got married over the summer" Hope replied frowning. Remus hadn't gotten along with Hope or Dustin but she was sad he was dead, he made Pearl happy and she felt bad that there marriage had ended so soon and in such a terrible way.

"Oh I see....if I had known that I never would have bothered her. I would have left her here on the bed." Ryan felt so upset. Not only was Pearl pregnant, her child wouldn't have a father figure around. This was probably right now the most awkward moment Ryan had ever had. He had nothing to say.

"I'm going downstairs...gonna make myself some coffee. I'll see ya downstairs." and Ryan sulked away.

A very sleepy and confused Pearl woke up an hour later. Slowly the scene from earlier that day played back in her head, Pearl was mortified that she had acted that was to a total stranger. Pearl stood up and quickly ran her hands through her blonde hair to get out any knots before walking to the room next door and peaking inside, no one was there. Where could he be? I'd really like to apologize she thought to herself. Pearl walked down stairs and walked into the living room, there sat Ryan watching something on the T.V. Pearl looked at him for about a minute before beginning her apology, "I'd like to say I'm sorry for the way I acted" she spoke clearly, "I was horrible to you and you must think I'm a total freak" she added her voice getting a little strained trying to fight back more tears that were appearing in her eyes.

Ryan laughed under his breath. "It's kinda funny what people will do when they have a lot of things on their mind that they can't handle." He still faced the t.v while Pearl was at the threshold of the living room. Ryan turned off the television and stood up.

He looked at Pearl before he spoke, "It's okay. I understand and I accept your apology." Ryan bowed a little as he finished his sentence. He always tried to at a little bit of humor to lighten the mood.

With his shoes nearby, he decided to put them on. "Care to come outside for a bit? It might do us both some good."

Pearl looked out the window at the snow outside, it was beautiful out. "Okay" she mumbled before going to put on her shoes and grab a jacket. Pearl stepped outside and looked at the snow gently falling all around her, last time she had seen snow she had been here with Remus...

Ryan held the door open for Pearl. Although at times he was a klutz or didn't know what to do, he still had a clue. As he felt comfortable outside, he decided to talk.

"Hope told me everything...that is after I asked her. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. If I had known before hand, I would left you lying in the bed honestly." Ryan had his head down.

"It's probably none of my business to have asked anyway. I was just concerned that's all. How are you kids taking the loss if you have any others?"

Pearl looked away from Ryan as he began talking to her, she really didn't feel like dwelling on the whole scene. She flinched as he talked about her kids, "I do have two other children, but I'm not allowed to see them at the moment so I'm sorry I can't answer that question" she answered before turning to face him again. Pearl began walking the path to the back of the house and faced one of the many mountains in jasper. The tourists would begin to swarm the small town soon in search of skiing.

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that. Well...I do hope everything turns out alright. Honeslty." Ryan ruffled his hair. He felt uneasy about the whole subject.

"Ah...I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves. Of course you know I'm Ryan. But I'm still a little shakey on who you are." As dumb as that was, Ryan just had to ask. The whole yelling scene still made him uneasy.

"I"m sorry...I don't know why I asked that. I guess I'm just shaken up that's all." Ryan sighed. Boy was he making a fool of himself.

Pearl shrugged when he said he said he hoped everything worked out, "I've given up on everything being alright" she said in a whisper. Pearl turned and looked at Ryan, she could tell he was trying to make her feel better so she gave him a weak smile, "I'm pearl, Pearl Firn, I'm a nurse at Hogwarts New Zealand" she said introducing herself, "and who are you? Tell me about yourself" she added.

"I'm Ryan. Nice to meet you." he smiled. "Hogwarts...its been a while..."[/b]
"You're really a nurse for Hogwarts? I haven't been there in a while. Loved that place to bits." he said almost laughing to himself.

"I'm somehow a friend of the family. I still don't quite get it myself. But I need a place to stay to get me on my feet. Hope offered a place to stay to I took the offer. Then that's when I ran into you." Ryan laughed.
"And now we're here."

"I never planned on going back to school... but I had just divorced my first husband at the time and needed money" Pearl replied. Pearl turned away from Ryan once again and continued walking out of the back yard and into the forest. Everything was dead and covered in winter snow, Pearl loved it. "Yes now were here, so Ryan, do you have any plans?" she asked.

Ryan was a little upset with Pearl's response. Then again he didn't have the power to tell Pearl what she could and couldn't do. As she continued walking, Ryan followed after her. Pearl asked if Ryan had any plans.

"Well I do plan to get a job." he said laughing to himself. He moved in closer so no one but Pearl could hear his next few words.
"I'm going to try get something in the magical field. I can't really stand muggle jobs. They're just so....boring." he backed away a smiled.
"I can't really help it. I just love using it all the time. Of course I make sure I use it for the right reasons." he said with a smile. Then Ryan thought about Pearl.
"You wouldn't have anything planed do you? I mean for the baby and all? I know that the child isn't mine but...I'd feel bad if something went wrong." Ryan wasn't too sure if he should have said that last part. It was true that Pearl's new child wasn't his but he just couldn't help but worry about it. If Pearl didn't have anything in mind, she would soon find out that Ryan would be happy to help her out.

Pearl nodded and smiled when he said he planned on getting a job having something to do with magic, although she didn't agree that muggle jobs were boring. Pearl turned away as Ryan stepped closer to her and asked about the baby and what she was going to do, "Thats very kind of you to worry, but I can do this on my own, don't worry" she replied. Pearl didn't want or need anyones help, she would raise her son on her own, and she would get back Arisa and Megumi and they would all be one family again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back