We Danced, The Romanced

Wallace Montgomery III

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
A quiet restaruant in Madrid. Wallace had never actually been to Spain before, but he was assured it was a beautiful place. Indeed, he was in awe of it already - though, sentimental fool that he was, thought nothing could ever hope to compare to the incredibly beautiful woman who was with him. Deirdre Yearling, the most wonderful woman in the world. How often Wallace thought back to that day, the moment where she crossed his path. How sad she had looked, and how he had wanted nothing more than to make her smile, for it simply would not do for someone to look so sad, especially someone as beautiful as Deirdre. Well, in the past year, he certainly hoped he had managed to make her smile. He would look at her and see the happiness evident on her face and it would make his heart soar. He'd never felt this way about anyone before and he knew he'd never feel the same about anyone else.

Which is why he was here in Madrid now, an all important question weighing on his mind. Looking over at the love of his life with bright eyes, Wallace grinned - a little nervously, he had to admit - as he took her hand and squeezed it gently, to reassure himself more than anything. It would've been complacent for him to say he knew what her answer would be...but he was pretty sure about it. Nevertheless, as he passed her a glass of wine, he had to fight his throat drying up, his stammering...

Coughing, Wallace smiled once more and looked at Deirdre, a dopey smile on his face, as his leg brushed against hers underneath the table. "Have I mentioned how much I love you, in the past ten minutes?" he chuckled, his free hand patting at his pocket. If everything went well, tonight would be one of the best nights of his entire life.

"Only, say, ten minutes ago?" answered Deirdre with a serene smile. She was no fool, and the answer to why they were in the majestic city of Madrid had not escaped her. Wallace was about as discreet as an overgrown puppy about his plans but they delighted her none the less. Deirdre suspected, but dared not hope, that he might ask her to marry her that night. How long had it been since they had first met? She'd prayed that she might know which person she was to be with when she met them and as soon as she'd met Wallace, she'd known. Deirdre told her friends for proprieties' sake that she'd known she was going to marry him just two weeks after they'd met, but truthfully it had been much sooner than that and had not been disputed in her heart since. Again, she'd dared not count the days of their being together; she'd have to face the fact that she'd forgotten, it had gone so quickly. Now here they were; so much had changed and much had remained the same. Artemis had begun to grow and heal under Deirdre's gentle ministry, while Wallace had astounded her by announcing his aspirations to higher politics. He was an Electoral Candidate now for Minister. Was she to be the Minister's wife, or did life have other plans for her? Looking out over the lights of the city, she reached out to squeeze his hand, her tiny hand trembling with excitement. Very aware of her anticipation, she swallowed and tried not to burst with excitement.

"But I haven't mentioned in the past fifteen that I love you, too."
replied Deirdre, shuffling closer to Wallace and leaning her head on his strong shoulder. It was a cool night and he was deliciously warm, as usual. Her frail body caught chills worse than most. She felt no hesitation in pressing herself to his side and sharing his coat. Sneakily, Deirdre lifted her lips to his lips stole a kiss, just as a waiter floated over with a bottle of light, fruity goblin wine. She thanked him and took a sip, enjoying the surprise of having the wine change from a dry red to a frothy white on her tongue. Wizard wines were terrifically surprising. "I adore it here," she told Wallace, smelling the roses on the table like the hint of a shadow with her goblin nose. "But 'ye mustn't tease me with this mystery. What brings the future minister-" she winked, "To Madrid? Surely not business."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back