We Are Just Beginning Now.

Archie Villiers

OOC First Name
Lauren
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Flexible Walnut Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Archie had never been further away from the Slytherin Common Room than he had today, not for a long time anyway. These days he didn't venture that far away from the place he felt the most safe, or the most comfortable. But for once, he was a little bored so he decided he would explore somewhere he hadn't before. It was a strange emotion for Archie to feel, it was harmful, he didn't know what he could do to occupy himself apart from copy those around him. Many of the people he had spoken to had spoken about how exciting and fun exploring the castle was, but Archie wasn't inclined in that way much. Which was probably why he hadn't met that many people at Hogwarts despite being at the school for almost half a year now. Most people had already formed friendship groups and Archie was just tethering on the edge of them. Even though he preferred his own company most days he did like to meet and speak to new people, but it was hard to meet them when cooped up in the Slytherin Common Room.

After what seemed like hours, Archie had climbed to the top of one of the four towers. He wondered why the school hadn't thought to build escalators or even introduce a lift, it would make things SO much easier. Huffing and puffing he walked into one of the drafty rooms and walked to the window to see how high up he was. The wind ruffled his curly blonde hair and made his eyes water, the people on the ground were the size of ants and he had to take a step back as he got an overwhelming feeling of vertigo. To try and steady himself he perched down on the ground and took some deep breaths.

James loved exploring the castle, there were some parts of the castle that he could never see enough off and some that he still was yet to explore. That was the beauty of it, there was always something new. One of his favourite places to go and explore were the towers. As a resident of Gryffindor tower James had enjoyed spending time in the tallest places he could find in the castle, sometimes even poking his head out the windows so look down. James made his way up to the North tower, one of his favourite places to go in the castle because it was almost always deserted, at least whenever he went there.

There was a slight chill in air as he reached the higher reaches of the tower which was usually the way it went. James pulled on his robe as he climbed higher up the steps of the tower as he reached the top and he was stunned to see that he wasn't alone in the tower. There was a boy in the top room of the tower over by the window looking down, exactly the same thing he did when he came up this high. "It's gets overwhelming after a bit doesn't it," He said as he approached the boy who had now come away from the window and looked like he was trying to catch his breath.

Overcome by the feeling of vertigo, Archie didn't notice that another student had also decided to climb the tower. A young boy he had never seen before, a Gryffindor by the look of his robes, addressed Archie and shared his feelings of being overwhelmed by the tower. Archie stood up and nodded at the Gryffindor boy "it is, quite" he commented in agreement. "I didn't realise how far up the castle reached before. It's quite astonishing" he said to the boy. "My name is Archibald Villiers" he said extending out his hand for the other boy to shake. It was incredible that Archie was still meeting new people despite them being in the second semester of first year.

James walked over to the boy. It was rare to find himself in a position where he knew exactly what someone was feeling but having done what he had a few times himself he knew that the initial rush off sticking your head out of a tower was quickly replaced the the fear of holly hell I've got my head out of a tower."Next time, don't look down. That was my mistake the first time, I stuck my head out one of the window in the Astronomy tower, spent about five minutes looking down befoe it hit me how high I was, needless to say I hurled. Didn't tell anyone I hope it's not still there," The Gryffindors mind wondered off a little before he brought himself back as the boy introduced himself, "I'm James, Archibald sounds like a bit of a mouth full, I'm gonna go with Archie if you don't mind,"

Archie smiled at what the boy was saying "thank you for the advice. I will definitely remember that for next time" he said thanking him. "Even though there might not be a next time..." he quickly mumbled after. He didn't think that he would particularly make a habit out of coming up here very often. He stifled a laugh when the boy mentioned about being sick after looking out the window. The feeling was very familiar to Archie right now but thankfully, the feeling had passed. Archie slightly tensed up when James mentioned that he wanted to call him Archie rather than Archibald. He had to think for a moment on whether, indeed, it was okay. Only certain people he trusted called him Archie. But this was part of his problem, keeping the formalities as a barrier so people wouldn't get too friendly with him. But he had decided to change this, he wanted more friends and so he answered the boy with a smile. "Nice to meet you James, that will be fine" he said pleased with his progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back