Way less fun Than I Thought....

Nicolette Styx

OOC First Name
Jessye
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Nicolette was honestly glad that she was finally in the last month of her pregnancy, if she had to be huge, sick, and grouchy must longer she was going to crack. Tossing a small red ball into the air she swiftly caught it in her hand before she tossed it up again and repeated her action, there wasn't much else she could do with her being as big as she currently was, being nine months pregnant stunk far more than anyone had bothered to described to her. "Blegh this sucks big time." Catching the ball on last time she chucked it on the floor and watched it roll away quickly, she was growing bored of looking at it. It was the ninth month Pregnancy and she was really happy that it would soon over, Nicolette was so ready to finally hold and cuddle her baby. As hard as it was to admit it, she had grown a strong bond with the little guy during the time he had been growing within her tummy, despite all the issues he had seemed to cause. 'Ha and that means I can sweets again soon!' Nicolette had been dying to get her hands on a cookie or two lately, but she knew she had to wait until Damianos was born before she could do anything and not risk getting sick.

Suddenly a sharp pain, or pressure rather made itself known onto Nicolette's lower stomach, and it hurt far worse than any kick Damianos had ever given her. But seeing as this wasn't the first time he kicked her she shrugged it off and tired to focus on possibly getting a nap in. 'Dang the baby is starting get rough.' Nicolette closed her eyes sleepily ready to doze, when suddenly that pain returned again...feeling even a bit stronger than it had the first time. "Dude..ow." She sat up, not liking the sudden pain. What int he world was that baby doing in there!?

Kalif was sitting in his office, grading some papers, before he stacked them and used a charm to make them smaller and pocket them. Standing up, he exited his office and locked the door behind him. Kalif entered the room where Nicolette was, and he narrowed his eyes upon her actions. Tossing a ball up and down. How cat-like of her. Kalif watched her carefully, but it wasn't until she said that 'ow' when he became tense. Kalif thought that it was a little early for the baby to arrive but seeing as he had seen this too many times before, Kalif could tell the signs. "Nicolette, we need to get you to the hospital. Either the baby is coming, or there is a problem. Now get up so we can leave." There were no options with Kalif. He warned, "I don't want any arguments, Nicolette."

Nicolette shifted her gaze to Kalif before she breathed out a sigh at his demand, from what she thought, it was only Damianos either moving around or kicking her. Plus she didn't feel like going to the hospital either, it was the last place she wanted to be right now, even if the baby was coming she would be fine. "No..no, I'm okay." Nicolette winced when the pain once again struck her lower abdomen, it seemed to be getting stronger and stronger every time it hit her, it was beyond annoying. Placing her hands on the couch she readied herself to stand up and possibly try to go upstairs and take a nap. "I think I just need a nap or something." She breathed out, wanting whatever what was causing the pain to go away and leave her alone, while avoid going to the hospital. It took awhile for her to actually get up due to the pain and her size, but she managed and sighed once she was up. She figured that maybe resting it off or moving around would have him calm down, unless the baby was finally ready to come out.

Trying to way past Kalif and towards where the bedroom was she suddenly hissed in pain again. "Ouch." She placed her hands on her stomach and stopped, the pain wasn't going away now was it. Turning to Kalif she gave him a look that told him not to bother, she was okay..she really was. "Hmph owwww." Her voice whimpered slightly as she tried to regain her voice and the will to stand up as the pain increased, okay the baby was definitely ready too be born, too bad Nicolette wasn't in the mood to go to the hospital.

Kalif rolled his eyes when she tried to go to the bedroom. There was no way she is going up the stairs with her having contraptions. Kalif shook his ehad and he said, "I said no arguing. This is over your and Damianos' well-being. Merlin's sake, woman, you are stupid!" He approached her and he said, "There is just no time to get ready. You are going to the hospital. Now." Kalif grabbed Nicolette by the upper arm, and apparated. They landed in the lobby of Saint Mungo's. Kalif motioned for a few healers and he said, "There is something wrong. She is having contraptions and she is a bit early."

The woman healer looked shocked. Kalif glared at her to see what was going on. The healer just responded softly, "Odd, we have already had a woman come here having a baby." Kalif demanded, "And what does that have to do with Nicolette here?" "Um, nothing! As soon as we can, we will get some spare healers that isn't dealing with Cecily Zhefarovich to help this woman, okay?" They were led to a room, and Kalif was aggravated.

Nicolette wasn't sure if it was just her, or if Kalif really liked to force her into things she didn't really want to do very much, but seemingly she really couldn't argue because the two of them ended up at St. Mungos anyways, Kalif even seemed a little worried, but it was probably for the baby's safety instead of hers. Sitting down the the hospital bed she winced again, the pain was still being an issue but now she now filled with worry for Cecily and her baby. 'I hope everything went okay.' She bite her lip and glanced at the door, would Kalif allow her to go and see Cecily? "Kalif, can I go see Cecily?" She asked timidly, knowing that he was already upset as it was, but she was worried as hell for the safety of her best friend, more so than she was worried for her own. Nicolette knew there were risks for her due to her age, but she had dealt with pain like this before.

"Eh, really Kalif I don't want to be here, can I go home?" Fifteen years of working here made her hate the place. The smell, the color, the people, the memories. Being here often as a child due to being beaten and then working here and seeing all the suffering, it just made her feel sick to her stomach. "Ouch, this hurts way more then being stabbed man." She stood up from the bed and sighed, it hurt to stand now but she would be okay, the baby was ready to come out just yet. Hopefully Kalif would just see that she wasn't kidding and really wanted to get home, and let her. Then again the whole situation worried her a bit and she was a bit worried that something was wrong with the baby, the idiots working here obviously didn't know what they were doing all that much, she figured she could just have the baby on her own and be better off than if they delivered it. When the pain refused to subside as it continued to come back, she grew tired of standing around and waiting for them, she was obviously fine if she hadn't died yet. "Okay, f*ck this! I'm going home, the kid obviously doesn't want to come out yet." She whined, annoyed that it sort of hurt to walk, but slowly but surely she would make her way out of that door and go home, she wasn't in the mood to deal with these people and their crap today.

Kalif wanted to hit Nicolette in the back of the head. She was having a baby, and she was wanting to go check up on Cecily who was already having hers? Chances are, she wouldn’t even be able to enter the room. Kalif growled, “No, you are not going anywhere. You are going to sit here and deliver this child. After you have healed enough, then you can go anywhere you want. I don’t care. But you will be there to raise Damianos. And I will be damned to think that I am going to sit here and watch your stupidity causes Damianos his life.” Of course, she just had to stand up, didn’t she. Kalif narrowed his eyes, and he hissed, “Sit. Down.” Kalif’s eyes were filled with fury, as she was just angering him beyond anyone else in his life. “Nicolette, if you cause the child to be harmed, I’ll have to kill you myself, in the worst way I can think of. That’s a promise.” Kalif glanced over at the door, and it slammed shut. "I have seen this too many times. The child is coming. Now, get over that pride of yours and sit the hell down."

Nicolette didn't know it she was more shocked that Kalif had actually closed the door on her, or if it was the words he said. He had officially one the bossiest person of the year award in her book, and no matter how much she wanted to just shove past him and leave that damned Hospital, she knew better and sat back down. "I'm sorry....It's not like I'd harm my own child though." She stated while crossing her arms over her chest and turning so that her back was against the pillow, she had calmed down her annoyance and let nervousness creep out and began to show on her face, she wasn't sure she was fully ready to become a mother just yet. "I would never let him be beaten around like I was..." She sighed, this was her baby too and she was going to take care of him even if it cost her life to do so. Feeling enough sharp prick of pain she noticed that they were getting more and more painful as well as closer and closer together, that meant the baby really was coming and there was no way for her to turn back now. 'Cecily....Avory....Nataliia....I wish you were here.' Having Kalif here was more than enough for her really, but she still worried about her friends and hoped they were all okay.

When another large jolt of pain hit her she gasped hunched over in pain to hold her swollen stomach, "Ow...ow." It was beginning to get to the point where she would rather be knocked out then feel this pain, unshed tears started to build up in her eyes as she waited for the pain to dull. "Kalif...can you get a healer please." She asked still hunched as she hissed in pain again, she was didn't want to deal with this much longer.

Kalif ignored the words that Nicolette spoke, and was a little relieved when Nicolette did as he said. And she finally sat down. Kalif watched her carefully, making sure that she did not get up suddenly or go anywhere. It was when she really showed signs of pain. Kalif narrowed his eyes and he warned, "You move, you've had it." Kalif turned around and he walked out the door. Just a few moments later, Kalif had two healers, firmly by the collar, and he said, "Get to her. Now." Kalif sat down in a chair next to Nicolette's bed. His gloved hand went to his forehead, fighting a migraine that was coming. Kalif muttered, "Don't be expecting your friends to arrive. There is a baby boom going on as of the moment." Kalif closed his black eyes, as the healers did as they were told.

</FONT>
Some Hours Later.....
<i></i>

<FONT font="Georgia">
Nicolette rested her head in her sweaty hands, as she heaved for some air. Giving birth was honestly one of the most painful, awkward, tiring, and disgusting processes she had ever had to go through in her life, and she had been through a lot of horrible things in her life before. "Where...how...is Damianos okay?" She asked as she continued to try and catch her breath and calm herself down a little, she was literally exhausted and felt like crap, chances are that she looked like crap too, and was embarrassed to even be seen right now by anyone, specifically Kalif. But as the situation would have it, she wanted to see and hold her baby and make sure he was alright, everything seemed like it had gone alright but it seemed like a blur to her and she could scarcely remember. Tiredly opening her eyes and lifting her head from her hands when she saw heard someone enter the room she gazed curiously at the healer.

"Congratulations, you've given birth to twins. Two healthy boys." Nicolette lifted her head and fought a wave of nausea that hit her strongly, she felt so weak and could barely register what the healer had just said until another came in holding two babies. "Two?" Nicolette breathed out obviously shocked and just downright confused, how in the world where there two babies and it managed to become unknown to them. Watching the healer carefully she almost squeaked when one of the babies when placed in her arms. "Oh my.." Nicolette held the baby as though she thought she would break him if she wasn't careful with him, he was so small and fragile looking. Despite her being tired and wanting to sleep more than anything, her eyes were fixed on the baby's small form as he eyes filled with adoration, this baby was hers and was ultimate proof that she had a family now. "Um Kalif? Can we name one of them Nicolas....after my brother?" She asked tiredly, as she glanced at Kalif with exhausted eyes. She barely remembered her brother but had heard that she was close with him at one point. Without waiting for an answer she let her eyes go back down to the baby before she cuddled him close.

Kalif had his head rested against the back of the chair. If only someone would use that memory charm on him. Never would he have to relive the nightmare of childbirth. Kalif hated the situation, but the outcome would be more than satisfactory, even if he did not care. Kalif muttered, his black eyes closed, “He should be fine, Nicolette.” She probably looked like a train or something hit her, but Kalif paid no attention. During childbirth, appearances were probably in the back of the mind. The healer came in, and those words caused Kalif to open his eyes, and he gave the healer an odd look. Two? Kalif had no other choice but to take one. The bigger one just by a few point something ounces. The baby opened and sure enough, he had Nicolette’s eyes. The child did not cry, and Kalif held it awkwardly yet like a professional at the same time. “I believe that one that you have would be Nicolas. This one seems to be Damianos.” Kalif stared down at the child. He was quiet, too quiet. And his stare seemed cold and uncaring. Kalif’s gaze landed on Nicolette, and saw her cuddled with Nicolas, and Kalif rolled his eyes. He realized something just then, but he would never reveal it to anyone, not even himself. But it pissed him off more than anything else.

Nicolette stopped cuddling with Nicolas for a moment to let her gaze shift over to Kalif and the oddly quiet Damianos for a moment, it almost took her breath away when she saw that indeed one of her children had golden eyes just like she did. 'So it's true then...' James was right about the golden eye gene being passed down, it was hard for her to see that he was right but that the same time she marveled in the fact that it was because this boy was her baby. A small but pretty smile graced Nicolette's lips as she carefully watched Damianos with Kalif, he seemed like a natural father and it was extremely cute. She was about to go back to gushing over Nicolas when she caught Kalif rolling his eyes for some reason and giving her a look, had she done something to annoy him already? "What was that look for?" She asked with a raised eyebrow and a look of confusion on her face, how in the world was it that he seemed like he was becoming grouchy already, it wasn't like she had really done anything to make him become annoyed with her, or at least she thought she hadn't.

"Hey, we should go visit Cecily and the others!" Nicolette asked as she tossed another glance at her husband before she adjusted Nicolas so she could hold him closer to her, chances were that she was extremely sore and not in any condition to be moving anywhere , but she really wanted to get out of the hospital and see how everyone was doing, giving Kalif a hopeful look she wondered if he was going to be just as strict with her staying here as before.

Kalif could only assume that Nicolas had stormy eyes, or the color of liquid silver before they would deepen to a stormy color. Kalif used to have those colors before they darkened to completely black once he turned evil completely and gave up what little light he had. With Nicolette’s question, Kalif simply said, “Nicolette, just shut up and rest.” His voice had no warmth to it, and he added, “Say something more and I will austerely ignore you.” Kalif glanced back down at Damianos, had his eyes lingered to Nicolette while speaking. Kalif focused and the door shut once more, and it locked. Kalif sighed, rolling his eyes once more, “You are a moron. You need to sit back and rest. Maybe when you are released from the hospital then you may. Chances are, they are not even out of their processes yet. Give them some alone time and mind your own business for once.” Kalif was being harsh, and cold, yet Damianos made no protest in his arm.

Nicolette was going to retort back to Kalif's harsh remarks when the nurses came back in to retrieve the babies to go through some weird medical checks and such. Reluctantly she allowed them to take away her children for a bit, even if she felt uneasy about even letting them go for a moment, when had she suddenly become so overprotective of something? Once the nurses were gone Nicolette rolled her sparkling golden eyes and allowed them to lock onto Kalif's form, was it just her or was he getting meaner? "You are so grouchy today." She laughed and attempted her best to dismiss his attitude, Nicolette expected nothing less from him. Even if they were married, she knew he was still and always going to be the same Kalif that she adored endlessly. Although some part of her wondered why she adored him, the other part just told her to shut up and deal with it, the feeling was so strange.

"Hmph, fine ignore me. See if I care, I'm getting up." Nicolette spoke as she pushed the covers off of her and shifted so that she could put her feet to the cold floor. Pushing herself up she winced slightly at how surprisingly painful it was to actually be up. Whether or not she could see her friends, she just wanted to actually get up and move around. 'Aw man! Why does this hurt so much?' Nicolette had been fine until she wanted to take a step forward, when she had the pain shot up through her entire body like a lightening bolt. "Gah!" Nicolette gasped when the pain had caused her to stumble over a bit, chances were that she was going to hit the floor as well, and that would probably cause the pain to increase even more.

Allowing the nurses to pass through the locked door, and take the twins away for the medical checks and such. The last time he was in the hospital with a child, Kailie had stopped breathing in the night, and it took a while to get her to start back. Kailie Styx had almost died that night. Kalif shrugged carelessly at her words. He knew that he was grouchy today; Kalif was always grouchy in some sort of way so this was not news to him. Nicolette would just have to suck it up, and from the way she was laughing, was his meanness amusement to her? Kalif stared at her, as if he were about to roll his eyes once more, but he did not. Married or not, Kalif knew that his treatment toward Nicolette would remain the same, if not less now that she was not pregnant anymore.

When Nicolette got up, Kalif sat there almost in shock on how stupid this woman can be. After years of being a healer, someone would think that they would know that it is highly advised not to get up right after birth. However, Kalif was about to just let her kill herself but when she managed to trip over air and start to fall. Kalif got up, and stopped Nicolette from falling with his tall body and his arms as well. It was a little obvious by the expression in his face that he did not like this type of closeness. Kalif glanced down and he hissed icily, highly irritated that he had to come to her rescue...again, "If you take one more step toward that door, or even mention that you are leaving, you are going to be on the floor."

Nicolette blinked and lifted her head a little so she could smirk when she noticed that Kalif had caught her and prevented her from falling to the floor, he was so sweet...in his own way at least. "Teehee, thanks." Nicolette gripped Kalif's upper arms to steady to herself until she felt like she could stand up straight without keeling over and falling to the floor. It was easy to tell that he didn't like the close contact but she would rather not fall to the floor and hurt herself, she was already sore enough as it was. It wasn't until Nicolette had realized that Kalif's hands were on her waist that she turned a light red color and lost all thought of really leaving, even if she hated this place and his bossiness she would respect his decision. "You can let me go now, I won't go anywhere, I promise!" She released his upper arms arm hesitantly and held them up in defeat, trying to attempt and show that she would stick to her word and stay put.

"I'm sort of too tired to really go anywhere, anyways." She shrugged then used her hand to cover her mouth as she let out a soft yawn, a nap sounded nice right about now, too bad Kalif didn't let people take naps on him, from what she remembered he had an awful comfy lap. Nicolette actually wanted to hold her babies once again, but she already knew the nurses needed to look them over and such before she would be allowed to hold them again.

Kalif released Nicolette from his grip, and he shook his head. "You better." With a tiny shove, Kalif aimed to put Nicolette on the bed, before he took his seat. He put a gloved hand to his forehead, with a migraine coming on. His black eyes closed and he muttered, "Just rest up. We will be going home soon." As long as she rested, and the babies were fine, then Kalif would have a ton of stress lifted off his chest.

Nicolette wasn't expecting the tiny shove she was given by Kalif, she didn't think he was capable of doing anything with such little force. However she landed on the bed and sighed, she felt bad for putting him through so much stress, he didn't really deserve it. "I'm sorry." She spoke softly as she let her golden eyes land on his form for a moment, if he were less stubborn she would try to help rid him of his migraine quicker, but since he wasn't she couldn't really help other than stay quiet and hope he relaxed a little.

"Oh alright." She smiled at him, the thought of actually going home and leaving this awful place soon sounded so nice. Nicolette laid back into bed and sighed, never before had she been this tired and weak, not even all those times she had been here before from being beaten by James. For once she was actually willing to go to sleep.
-Finished-
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back