Donna
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Open after Daphne

Emmy had yet to go into the Forest. She still wanted to, but thought maybe it was a better idea if she did so once she knew some more defensive spells...or once she could convince Malachi to go with her. She hadn't told him she was wanting to yet, she so wanted to explore it, she was desperate to; but she was even more desperate to stay at the school, and she knew it was called Forbidden for a reason. So, instead, she lay in the sun, staring at the Forest. She hoped if she watched it long enough, something would happen that would mean she had to go in. The weather was starting to get warmer, so Emmy was more than happy to spend her afternoon outside, watching the forest.

Augustus had been to the forest on his very first day at Hogwarts, as his cousins had taken him to show him around and to scare him. Augustus knew by now that was their true reason, but he really had been rather fascinated by the forest and the creatures the twins swore were in there. But it had also been a little intimidating, and he definitely didn't feel ready to go in alone. He was exploring the grounds today on his own, trying to see if he could find anything interesting or magical to show Ryan, Finn or Arthur. But so far, nothing stood out to him. Augustus wondered if he'd have more luck in the forest, and glanced over at it. It was then that he noticed he wasn't the only person looking at the forest, as a girl his own age was also looking at it from where she was lying on the grass. Augustus hesitated, then approached. "Do... you see anything?" He asked quietly, wondering if he had missed any movement in the forest. He was nervous approaching strangers, and kept his distance in case the girl would yell at him so he could run away, but his curiosity was stronger than his fear of talking to a stranger, at least in this moment.

A tiny voice made Emmy startle, and she looked over to where it came from, seeing a familiar face. She didn't quite know the boy, but she had seen him in classes and at Sorting. She shook her head in answer to his question, pushing herself up so she was sitting, before crossing her legs in front of her. "No. I'm hoping something will come along and that would mean I have to go in." She looked at the boy again. "I've heard there are unicorns and centaurs, but maybe werewolves and giant spiders?" Emmy said, looking back at the forest. The spiders didn't scare her, but the werewolves certainly did.

Augustus took a tiny step back as the girl sat up. He frowned a little at her words. "What... would make you have to go in?" He asked her, not sure what sort of thing she was waiting for. He paused at her words, then nodded and shook his head. "There are unicorns, centaurs, and giant spiders which are called Acromantula, and they eat humans." He said, glancing back at the forest. "I don't think holding werewolves in a forest would be ethical... because they are human unless it's a full moon." He then added quietly. He glanced up at the sky. "Which it is not now." He pointed out, in case the girl didn't know. He then waited nervously for her reaction to his words. Would she be annoyed?

Emmy looked at the boy before looking back at the forest, thinking about what would make her enter. "I dunno! A unicorn! Another student!" She sat up on her knees, getting more excited about going in. She looked back at the boy when he spoke about what was inside, her eyes growing when he said what was in there. Emmy nodded her head when the boy explained about werewolves, she had no idea! "So... have you been in there then?" Emmy asked, wondering how he knew all this information.

Augustus winced at the girl's loud voice, and he took a tiny step back from her in alarm. "Oh." He said. "I do not think unicorns would get this close to the edge..." He said hesitantly. "And a student that would make you go... would they not be a bully?" He asked uncertainly. The girl's next question made him uncomfortable. Would she get him in trouble? Surely not, she wanted to go herself. "Yes." He said after a pause. "My cousins took me the first day..."

Emmy did notice the boy's hesitation, and she wondered if she was too excitable for him. He definitely spoke quieter than her and had a sweetness about him that reminded her of Malachi. She'd just have to tone it down a bit. Emmy sat back down onto her butt, crossing her legs in front of her. She frowned when he said that the unicorns wouldn't come this close, but that just strengthened her resolve that she would have to go in eventually. Emmy shook her head when he asked if she was talking about a bully. "No, I mean like, if someone were to go in themselves...well they shouldn't go alone. Or if they got injured or something." Emmy mused. Her head whipped around to the boy when he said he'd been in AND on his first day! Forgetting to be quiet, Emmy exclaimed "WHAT!" jumping up onto her feet. "That's so exciting! No wonder you know all about it! Maybe you can take me in?!"

Augustus nodded slowly when the girl explained what she had meant, but still didn't quite get it. "Uh, but... wouldn't you have to get a teacher? Wouldn't that be better?" He asked her quietly. He jumped back in alarm at her reaction to him having been in the forbidden forest. He hadn't expected that. "Uh..." He said hesitantly. "... I... I don't know." He said hesitantly, shrinking back a little. "I don't know the way well." He stammered, his voice growing softer. He didn't know this girl, and the idea of doing into the forbidden forest with a stranger was not all that appealing to him. Especially if she depended on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back