Watching from the tower

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked up the steps to the owlery. All this week she felt as if she had been getting everything so drastically wrong. She felt miserable because of it.
She reached the top and went into the room where all the birds were kept. Andromeda smiled at them and so envied them.
"Life must be so easy for you!" she said as she walked to one cage after another.

Brian walked up to the Owlery hoping to see Athena and send off his letter to his parents, He'd only written them a few times since arriving and kinda felt guilty, though they have only scribbled messages and sent them back to him. He walked in and saw Andy. "what's up!" He asked smiling, Athena flew down from the top and landed next to him, her leg stretched out.

"Oh, hey Brian", she was startled a bit to see him there but smiled when she saw his bird. She walked over to him, gently stroking the chest of his owl.
"She's beautiful. What did you call her?"

"Oh! her name is Athena. I got her right before school started" Brian said looking at her, "I know somethings wrong, you've been like this for a while now" Brian said looking at her "you know you can tell me... right" Brian asked. They had been friends for only a few months but alreay they'd had their moments of happiness as well as sadness.

Andromeda moved her hand away from the bird and looked at Brian.
"Alot's wrong Brian. I can't seem to do anything right!" she sighed, she walked over to the far wall and lowered herself to the ground. She crossed her legs and fidgeted with the hem of her coat.
"It's not just a bad day or a bad week. It's getting progressively worse!"

Athena flew away outside as Brian walked over to the ledge. "It just feels like that" Brian said kindly "It'll get better" he said to her. "what's happened? maybe I can help out with it" It was weird seeing Andy like this, not weak but vulnerable. Normally he was a pillar of strenght and confidence yet it seemed she too had moments when everything around her seemed to crumble, without her being able to do anything about it.

"Well where to start!" She said standing again and starting to pace back and forth, she lifted up a hand and began listing things off on her fingers.
"One, I broke curfew and went for a night-time fly. Two, I got caught by my head of house. Three, my uncle doesn't want me dating so, Four, I had to break up with Blane and... Five... I had to pick the potion that covered me in boils!" her voice quivered, she inhaled deeply and jutted her chin out ever so slightly. She had her pride and would not cry infront of him. She walked to the opposite side of the tower and looked out the window.
"And six...My father has only been dead two months and four days. I'm glad he can't see what a disppointment i've turned out to be!"

"well...." Brian said a little dumbstruck. "I didn't know you got caught flying, you and Blane can always get back together in secret" Brian said trying to be both understanding and logical at the same time, this was something that never worked out well, "who cares about your uncle I mean it's not like he knows what you do here!" Brian said watching as Athena circled the Tower. "as for you dad.... I don't know what to say, that will make you feel better" Brian said solemely.

Andromeda turned on him and gave him an exasperated look.
"I care what my uncle thinks and says! He is very important to me. And he's right, I knew it myself - but thought I could cope, that dating was going to be fun!" She turned away again and let out what seemed the biggest sigh of her life, She rested her hands on the ledge and her head on her hands.

"Dating is for grownups and I don't know the rules. I think that's what I told him!" she whispered, "I don't want to date someone in secret. I don't lie. I never have and I never will!"

"Yeah... I understand" Brian said looking out at Athena's flying skills "I had a plan to wander the Halls at night by flying our broomsticks, but since you got caught... I don't know" Brian replied.

"I'm awaiting my summons from the groundskeeper. That's my punishment. I have to assist him, no matter how hard and mucky it gets", she muttered, "I suppose it could have been worse. Professor King could have taken my broom!"

"And Brian daft plan, they patrol the corridors!"

Amy had decided to go up to the owlery while she had been wandering in her usual fashion. She couldn't explain why but she just felt much closer to home up there.
On entering she noticed Brian and andy both sitting there.
"Hi guys" she said a little startled, she hadn't expected anyone to be up here.

"that's why we'd be flying" Brian said with a smile "I bet they don't check the ceilings when they patrol the corridors, it'll be dark and as long as we're quiet they shouldn't notice" Brian said smiling "I'm surprised he didn't take points away from Gryffindor, guess he was just being biased... oh well" Brian said with a shrug as Athena landed next to them, he began to stroke her as she nicked him affectionately.

Brian saw Amy walking up towards the Tower and as she arrived he smiled and said "hello" Athena hooted in response to Amy's words "long day huh?" Brian asked.

"Hey Brian, yeah you could say that" she said smiling in response to his question.
"I'm sorry I'm not interrupting you both am I?" she asked sensitively, Andy hadn't been herself lately and she didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable,

"Hi Amy!" Andy smiled, "He could have taken points away but I honestly don't know why he didn't. He's taken them from other Gryffindors. I suppose the punishment I'm going to get will make up for it!"
She turned to Amy, "Brian wants to fly about the corridors at night! you're never interupting!"
Andromeda smiled at Amy.

"Hi Andy, well if your sure" she said sitting herself down next to them both.
"Flying the corridors at night?!" she said slightly suprised, "How do you intend doing that one?!" she asked curiously.

"Athena thought it was a good idea" Brian said sheepishly as the owl gave them all a look of deepest disdain. "great now you've turned her against me" Brian said giving Andy an evil eye of his own. He looked at Amy and said "using brooms of course!" He said smilng

"Thats a lovely name for her" she said looking towards the owl, laughing slightly at what Brian had just said, "I gathered the whole broom part" she said smiling at him, "How would you get away with it though?" she asked curiously.

Andy turned away from the ledge she had been standing against and looked at Brian.
"I turned her against you? Amy has her own mind, she's a Gryffindor! And anyway she was only asking you a question! defensive much?!" she said in exasperation.

Brian stared at Andy trying not to laugh "I was talking about Athena" Brian said trying not to laugh, "I figured since it's lat at night they wouldn't see us, if we're quiet and close to the ceiling, It's so high up we'd be good to go!" Brian replied to Amy.

Amy could see Brian attempting not to laugh but Amy couldn't help it. She laughed at Andys confusion, "So I'm getting confused with an owl now, niice" she said laughing. "Risky business though isn't it?!" Amy replied to Brian.

Andromed had the grace to smile, "Sorry Brian!"
She really was, she hated feeling like crap.
"They carry wands with them, when the lumos spell is cast we will cast a shadow above them. Then there is the ghosts and other things that go bump in the night!"

"yeah I guess your right, and if you got caught again Andy he might just expell you!" Brian said dismissively, He began to tie the letter to Athena's foot as she seemed to be growing impatient, "So what's your idea?" Brian asked to both of them, as Athena flew off into the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back