Fiona Burke

irish ☘️ | playful ✨ | loves adventure! 🏕

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
One of Fiona's absolute favourite things was Quidditch. She enjoyed the sport very much. Her siblings weren't as keen about the sport as she was, so it was kinda like her thing. She was a bit bummed that she couldn't try out this year, but that was okay, she was always happy to try out next year. Fiona had heard that the Gryffindor team were having a practice and Fiona was curious about it. The first year was perched on one of the seats in the stall, watching the practice with amazement, and so far it seemed like they were doing pretty good.

Apolline had no interest in playing quidditch really, but when she had finished all of her homework and notes, Apolline had decided to go for a wander down to the pitch. She knew the team were practicing, and she figured that it would be okay for her to watch it. Apolline entered the stands, at the stalls, and spotted a few over that there was someone else watching. Apolline approached them, and realized it was Fiona, from her dorm. "Hey, mind if sit with you, to watch," she added motioning up to the players in the air.

Fiona turned and smiled happily when she noticed it was her dormmate, Apoliline. "Hi! Yeah, you can totally join in if you'd like" Fiona says with a smile. She then turned back towards the players that were flying in the air. "They're doing pretty good at the moment. One of the seekers has caught the snitch a couple of times" Fiona explains what has been happening so far. She then turned back to Apolline. "Do you like Quidditch?"

Apolline sat down next to Fiona and then turned her gaze back to the players above. It was a little difficult for her to tell who was playing what part initially but she did eventually get there. "That's cool, maybe they'll win this year," she said with a hopeful tone, it would be cool for them to win. "Yeah, but like, watching it," Apolline explained. She didn't play it, her mother was a little weird with quidditch, and she had no desire to play on a team like that. "Do you?"

Fiona nodded. "I hope they do! I heard it's been a bit since they won though" Fioan said with a shrug. She had heard from older students that Slytherin had a winning streak for a while, and she had hoped that maybe Gryffindor could break that winning streak somehow. "Watching Quidditch is fun! My dad would sometimes take me to games, which was always fun to watch" Fiona says with a nod. She liked going to see quidditch games. "I like both. Playing and watching"

Apolline didn't know that, though her parents had been at the school, it had been a while since then. "I like going to games too, my mum's taken me to a few," Apolline knew her mother had a bit of a weird relationship with it, but they were sometimes at games as part of her job. "Do you think you'll try-out, you know, when we're allowed to?" she asked, given that a) they had missed the boat, but also that first years didn't typically get to try-out.

Fiona nodded. "Going to games is always fun! I hope to see more in the future. But I'll definitely be watching the school matches" Fiona said with a nod. There was no way she was going to miss out on any of the quidditch matches. Fiona nodded enthusiastically at Apolline's question. "Oh yeah definitely. But I won't be too disappointed if I don't make it either. How about you?"

Apolline nodded in agreement, going to games was fun, and Apolline intended to be at most of the games at the school. She just liked watching it, and knew it would be a fun thing to see. "No, I like seeing it, but it's not the sport for me," she said, not that any sport was for Apolline unless timed studying could be counted as a sport. "What position do you play?" Apolline said with a warm tone. Curious to see if what she thought Fiona might be would right. Apolline thought maybe a chaser,

Fiona nodded. "That's cool. I'm guessing you'll be watching a few school quidditch games too then?" Fiona asked Apolline. Fiona looked up as she noticed that the Gryffindor chasers were currently having a match over the ball, lots of stealing was happening. "Woah! They're really going for the stealing" Fiona says, as she watched the practice go on a little more before she turned back to Apolline. "I reckon chaser would be a fun position. Throwing the ball to the goal and all seems like a lot of fun"

Apolline nodded excitedly. "It'll be fun," she said in response to watching a few school games. She also knew it was important to be going to the games, to support the house and as something to be doing with her time. She was watching the practice vaguely, following a little less well that Fiona was. "That new seeker is really good," she added. "Yeah? It's probably fun if you like being busy but having teammates you can rely on," a seeker worked alone, a beater could work with together but she thought that was unlikely to happen. Chasers though, Chasers could work together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back