Watching around the dueling chamber

Sern Summers

OOC First Name
Michael / Jesse
Wand
Knotted 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy English Oak Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Sern had made his way down along to the to the dueling chambers that day. He was so bored he thought maybe a few spells flying through the air would be of interest.

When he had made his way down he took a seat and watched as two first years started dueling. It was pretty cool, though he was still on the verge of bordom.

Wednesday had been up in the Hufflepuff common room talking to Libby and Faith. They both seemed like nice girls but the conversation revolved around the Yule ball. That wasn't until Christmas time and it was only October. Wednesday didn't even want to think about the yule ball and who she was going to go with. It seemed awful that she would just have to wait for some boy to asked her when she was only eleven. Wasn't that a little too young to be attending dances with partners?

As she walked about the school thinking about nothing in certain, she happened upon the dueling chamber. Walking in to see what was going on she noticed someone sitting down. Smiling brightly as she ran her fingers through her hair not even noticing that she was doing it. She walked over to Sern. "Hey Love" she said taking a seat beside him.

"hey" he said as he looked at her. He was glad she had come down. He wanted the company at the moment and then said in the usual tone of his voice.

"I reckon i'd get destroyed up there" He said to her with abit of a chuckle

Wednesday smiled glad that she had run into someone she really liked to talk to. Plus it was nice to hang out with a guy who wasn't crazed with the Yule ball that was ages away. That was the only problem with normal girls they were rather crazed about things like that. Even this early on in life.

"Oh you would so not get destroyed" Wednesday said nudging him playfully. "I bet you'd be wicked" She added with one of her bright smiles that seemed to always find a way to her face. Maybe she was just a happy child, that was what she contributed her smiles to.

"Oh yeah right.., I dont think ill be geting up there any time soon" he gave another joking chuckle. Though he knew he would ahve to get some practice in if he wanted to be an Auror.

Wednesday rolled her eyes playfully. "Well at least you aren't so full of yourself. I swear most the guys I've meet are completely full of themselves" She said thinking about the few guys she had met. Sam was probably the only decent one other than Sern and maybe his brother who Wednesday didn't know too much about.

"So if you aren't going to duel love what brings you down here?" Wednesday asked.

"well I was actually thinking about dueling..., But im not so sure" He gave her a meek smile. He wouldent want to make a fool of himself infont of her.

He looked around seeing more spells fly then one whizzed around to them.
He didnt even take a moment to think he send his hand out to the direction of the spell, wand slipping into his hand. He countered it by saying in a commanding but still not overly loud tone "Protego!". Then once the spell whizzed away he searched for the Idiot that had cast it, Seeing another first you smirking at him.

Wednesday gave Sern a small smile. "You should duel. But if you want me to leave I can" She said not wanting him to feel odd dueling in front of her. Maybe he didn't want to show off or maybe he didn't want to make a fool of himself. Either way Wednesday would understand.

Though as a spell seemed to follow in their direction Wednesday couldn't help but attempt to duck. Being like she was, she was not so grand at using the wand, well not yet. As Sern cast a spell that Wednesday remembered as the shield spell, She turned and smiled brightly at him. "Very nicely done" She said clapping her hands quietly.

He gave her a slight smile but then sent an icey glare to the other student.

"You know...I think I just might have a go" His tone being more icy and cold hearted though he didnt mean the tone for her. Sern was a fiercly loyal person towards his firends and who wasnt going to sit around while she had almost been hit.

Wednesday was a bit surprised at his icy tone, not ever hearing it from Sern before. Though Wednesday could handle it. One of her best friends was a slytherin, Wednesday was able to understand and take icy tones. Toni was the queen of icy tones and sometimes Wednesday got the worst edge of it.

"You don't have to if you don't want to" Wednesday said "I mean I bet it was an accident. After all who would want to throw a spell at me" Wednesday said adding a small laugh.

His tone returning to normal Sern gave a chuckle, "noone in their right mind" he replied giving her a warm smile.

"Still, I need practice and he looks like a formidable opponent" He slowly moved form his chair and made his way onto the dueling stage.

Setting himself up in a casual but controled stance he looked at the boy, waiting for him to make his move. As their eyes met the boy gave a single shudder, then getting himself into an offencive stance.

Wednesday smiled slightly at Sern "Well no one is really in their right mind. It is more fun that way" She adding laughing a small bit. Wednesday was quite proud that she was and odd one and happily insane. Yet insane in a good way.

Seeing that Sern seemed pretty determined, she nodded. "Good luck then" she said watching as he moved up onto the platform. Wondering how skilled he was at dueling, Wednesday leaned back a bit. Impressive Wednesday thought. She was rather impressed that he would get up there in the first place. Wednesday wouldn't even if she was paid.

There is no way in hell your going to let this guy make a fool or you infont of her He kept thinking to himself then. Keeping himself in check he gave a slight bow and mouthed "you first".

The boy gave a smirk and whipped his wand out shouting at the top of his lungs "STUPEFY!".

Serns hand whipped around countering it with, "Protego!", and before the boy could be so much as suprised sern said, "Stupefy!" with such force that the boy was sent sprawling against the back wall.

Sern felt sorry for the boy even if he meant to win against him. To his relief the boy staggered up, gave serna slight glance then made his way off.

Sern stood there wondering if he had been to hard on the other boy.

Wednesday watched as Sern and boy seemed to have a short duel. She couldn't help but jump a tiny bit when the spells were cast. For some reason she was really nervous hoping that Sern didn't lose or get hit by any spells. Friends are protective She thought almost defensively at herself for wanting to think of it as anything more.

Though as the one boy flew backwards, Wednesday stood up tempted to run and see if he was ok. Kind heart She repeated in her head the words that the sorting hat had said to her. Back then it didn't make much sense but as time went on it made more and more sense. The hat had known more about her than Wednesday even had.

Though the boy stood back up, Wednesday let out a sigh of relief as the boy walked off. Turning to Sern, "My hero" She said teasing him a bit though her smile was real "You did really good though" She added.

Sern had to put all his conentrating so he wouldent go bright red when she called him her hero. Though he couldent help getting the slight tinge on his cheeks and the faintest of embarassed smiles on his face. He could only manage to mumble a "thanks." as he came back down.

Wednesday smiled brightly as she noticed a bit of red fall upon Sern's cheeks. He's cute when he blushes She thought. Though once she realized what she was thinking she shook the thought out of her mind. An eleven year old was not supposed to have crushes or think boys were cute. Watching as he came back down off the stage, she couldn't help but be slightly impressed.

"I only know lumos and nox" Wednesday said laughing a bit. "I swear I have to learn a few more so maybe some day I can take you on" she added teasing of coarse.

"I dunno, you could blind me?", He couldent help but laugh. and there after a few moments of hesitation, took her hand and asked if she'd like to go to the lake. He gave her a hesitant smile as he said, but his eyes gave her a warm look that was more sure.

Wednesday let out a small laugh at his comment. "Oh yes Then I guess I am one to watch out for" She teased doubting that she could do any real damage with her wand well unless she poked someone with it. Smiling at that thought she was a bit taken back as he took her hand. Though a the smile on her face increased the slightly bit when he did so.

"You have a thing for the lake don't you?" She asked though she didn't mind. Maybe Sern loved the lake as Wednesday loved the garden. "But I'd love to go down to the lake." Wednesday said her cheeks turning the slightest pink. Feeling them grow warm she leaned forward the slightest having her hair fall over them hoping that it would help cover her blushing even the slightest.

Sern thougth about it for another moment then decided to have a slight change of plans. He thought she liked the gardens better so said. "On seccond thought, I hear the flowers are in bloom at the moment" He gave her a slight smile. He looked at her for a moment with a strange feeling then snapped himself back into reality, shaking his head mentaly to get rid of the emotion and thoughts.

Wednesday let out a small laugh. "Gosh I swear you are a mind reader. I love the gardens" She said looking down at her hand in his and having her cheeks grow a bit hotter. Though she looked away for a moment mentally keeping herself calm and trying to get her face back to it's pale self.

"So the gardens it is" Wednesday said happily.

He watched as her cheeks brightened and all he wanted to do was kiss her, though he didnt. And he told himself that he wouldent, I mean they were just friends...., Werent they?

He gave her another small smile before leader her down the the gardens

(( Ill start topic in gardens ))

~~END~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back