Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
It had only been a week since Lyra and Ezra moved in to her new house together. This whole relationship thing was going better than anticipated, and it was certainly helping distract her from her latest memory of Felix Urie. Being committed to Ezra kept her from hunting Felix down and begging for his forgiveness. However, Ezra wasn’t around tonight. Instead, Lyra was expecting Lanithro to come over to see her new place. She had made him dinner and picked up his favorite drinks. Lyra hasn’t slept with him since the night Falon yelled at her, and part of it was weird now that her grandmother was married to his dad. Either way, Ezra didn’t mind that the two of them were alone. Not that he knew their complete history. Lyra waved her wand to light the candles on the table when the doorbell rang. The blonde bounced off in the direction of the door. “Hey, stranger.” she said with a smirk as she opened the door.

Lanithro Styx was enjoying the bachelor life, that is, until Lyra cut him off from their good times together. Lanithro also felt super uncomfortable when she sat next to him at the meeting with Ezra, who she was dating now and living with. It bothered him somewhat that she finally decided to see Ezra and do things with him exclusively. Did he grow feelings for her? Quite possibly. She was the only relationship that did not cheat on him. When he was invited over to Lyra's new place, he might as well be green with envy. That could have been him and Lyra. But, a part of him knew that as much as he cared for her, they would never be. After all, she loved Ezra and Felix. There wasn't enough room for him in her heart to love. Not that way. He apparated to the doorway and rang the bell. He was wearing his usual clothes, which was a black shirt and faded black jeans with sneakers. His hair was a bit of a mess though. He smiled a little when Lyra answered the door. "Hey there Lyra," the pureblood spoke gently. "Are you alone for the night?"

Lyra grinned at Lanithro like he was the best thing she had ever seen. He was a constant in her life. One of the few people who truly got her and unapologetically accepted who she was. He was her best friend now that Felix wasn’t around. She kissed him lightly on the cheek as a greeting before ushering him into her house. “Yes, of course. It’s just you and me tonight. Ez is traveling for business. I made your favorite dinner. I thought we could hang out and catch up. Even go swimming later if you want.” the blonde told him as she led the way into the dining room.

The former Gryffindor smiled gently as she kissed his cheek. Gentle things like that was what made him miss her when she wasn't around. Lanithro walked inside as she mentioned that Ezra was traveling on business. That was good. 'No interruptions,' thought Lanithro before he quickly shoved that aside. No, that was wrong. "That sounds great, Lyra," Lanithro stated as he smelt the food. Wow, that smelled amazing. "I am kind of hungry so we can chat while we eat. What do you think?" Lanithro wasn't sure about swimming since he was in a mood where he just wanted to drink his issues away, which could turn him into an alcoholic if he wasn't careful.

Lyra nodded her head. “Sure! Go ahead and sit right there. I’ll be right back.” she said with a smile. Her favorite feature about her new place was all of the windows. The dining room looked our over the ocean with three walls of solid windows. Lyra made her way into the kitchen, quickly preparing both plates before carrying them back to Lanithro. The drinks were already on the table. Strong ones. Just like she liked it. She placed one in front of him before sliding into the seat beside him with her own plate. “So tell me what’s new? How are the kids?” Lyra asked, genuinely interested. She had been around them all and had affection for them.

Lanithro walked over to the table, glancing over at the drinks with his golden eyes. Should he? Well, they were his favorite. As soon as he was about to reach for one, Lyra set his plate down in front of him. The former Gryffindor didn't care and grabbed a drink. Strong, but he didn't care. He took a big drink of it, embracing the burning feeling as it slithered down his throat. He started to eat, and answered after chewing since he was taught to have manners after all, "Nothing much. Sophia and Ivaylo are treating my son like a prince. My daughter is doing doing well. Apparently, Georgiana has been embraced by my family, because of her skills of raising our son." Lanithro shrugged his shoulders. "How about you? Things going well with Ezra?"

Lyra knew Lanithro very well. He had been one of her closest confidants since they dated back in fourth year. He was her first boyfriend and it was a bond that had never broken. He’d held her many sleepless nights as she cried on his shoulder. She could never repay him for all he had done for her after her mother died and she lost Felix. She smiled at him as she picked up the drink, taking a few sips. “Oh really? I’m surprised I didn’t see her at the wedding then.” Lyra commented. She had heard that Felix spent a lot of time with Georgiana which made her feel a little bitter towards the girl even if it was only Lyra’s own jealousy. “I’m good. Really. I’m over what...happened. Ezra treats me well. I’m happy.” Lyra said, knowing Lanithro would understand what she meant about Felix. She had told him about the situation because he always gave her good advice and never judged.

Lanithro shrugged his shoulders, "Not everyone was invited to the official ceremony. Majority came from New Zealand only. But, the official celebration with just my family, it was a lot bigger. I can't remember if I saw her there or not." He didn't really care if she was there or not. They had a kid together but that was all that they had in common. But, he didn't like talking about her. She did hang out with Felix who was the one that broke and shattered Lyra's heart to pieces. Lanithro was not a fan of him for that reason alone. For someone that was so in love with Lyra, he should not have left her. Lanithro remained by her the entirety of the time, through laughs and tears. He had seen it all. He nodded as she said that she was happy. "I am relieved to hear that you are happy, and in a committed relationship. It does explain why you stopped with our... Well, you know." Lanithro took another long drink. He needed some alcohol in his system.

Lyra didn't like Georgiana, but she didn't say anything else about it. It annoyed her that she had not been invited to the real celebration as he called it, considering it was her grandmother. It was just one more reason not to like Professor Styx. She hadn't liked him ever since he forced Lanithro to dump her. She shrugged it off and didn't say another word about any of it. Instead, Lyra picked up her drink and downed it before pouring herself another one from the bottle. Lyra smirked at Lanithro's words. "Yes, well it was quite nice while it lasted, but it feels a little weird now that your dad married my grandmother. Besides, being committed to Ezra keeps me away from Felix and Felix away from me." Lyra admitted. She'd never tell that to Ezra because she loved him, and she didn't want him to think he was a second choice.

He sighed a little, when she said that it felt weird after his father and her grandmother got married. Lanithro didn't really think much of it since it wasn't like his dad and Jacqueline were going to have kids. That's why he didn't think it was weird at all, but Lyra's point of view was different than his. Lanithro poured another drink for himself, and downed it. He shrugged his shoulders, "I guess we see it differently. It was a good stress reliever and it was a little hard to let it go." Lanithro shrugged his shoulders. "Sounds like Ezra is just a good distraction. Are you sure it is legit? I mean, really legit?" Lanithro was also just trying to understand the whole thing, especially with the last part.

Lyra understood what Lanithro meant, but it also sounded like he might be feeling jealous, something she couldn’t wrap her head around. She had never known him to be bothered by other guys or girls in her life. Lyra took another gulp out of her glass, frowning at the boy in front of her. What was he trying to suggest about her relationship? Did he know something about Ezra that she didn’t? “What do you mean is it legit? Did you see him out with someone else?” Lyra asked, concerned. She didn’t think Ez would ever do that to her. Not when he pushed so hard for them to finally be together.

Lanithro started to pour himself another drink and then she asked what he meant, then asked if he saw Ezra with someone else. He took a drink once more. 'I can work with this since I did see a Cade with another girl...' thought Lanithro with a little plan up his sleeve. Yes, Lanithro was jealous, but he was not an honorable one. No, he was petty when he wanted to be. "Yeah, with a brunette that wasn't nearly as pretty as you. Talk about a downgrade."

Lanithro’s words stung her ears. She had finally given in to what he said he wanted, and he was out with another girl. Lyra picked up her glass and finished it. “Are you sure, Lanithro? It was definitely, Ezra?” she asked hesitantly before standing up. “****. We’re doing shots. Now.” the blonde said. Not waiting for him to reply before heading to her kitchen. She got the appropriate glasses and the bottle before bringing it back to the dining table. It did not escape her notice that she hadn’t eaten yet. Suddenly, Lyra wasn’t all that hungry. She poured two shots and handed one to Lanithro. She didn’t wait for him before throwing hers back and immediately pouring another.

Lanithro gave a small nod of his head, and then she mentioned that they were doing shots. "That's more like it." He loved doing shots, since he built up a tolerance. This would be fun. Lanithro threw his back before sliding his glass over so that after she was done with hers, to give him a refill. "How are you feeling, Lyra?" Lanithro asked as he waited for the alcohol to really hit. He was already somewhat tipsy, which likely brought out the pettiness in him. He cared not for the consequences after all.

One of Lyra's favorite things about Lanithro was that he was always down to follow her little whims, and he never told her no. She especially like that part. "Why? Because you just told me my boyfriend is cheating on me? Isn't that every little girl's dream?" she said, rather sarcastically as she poured them each another shot. The blonde quickly downed the shot before looking back at Lanithro to see if he was keeping up. "I'm fine. Nothing will hurt me as much as Felix." she said, referencing her recent backslide with her ex. Lanithro had found her crying after her run-in with Falon. He was always the one there comforting her when the bad things happened in her life.

Lanithro, intoxicated as he may be, thought twice about who he had seen with Ezra. Yes, it had to be, but he did not get a good look at the brunette. All he knew was that it wasn’t Lyra and Lanithro jumped to the worst since Cades were not really trustworthy in his opinion. Lanithro downed another shot, somewhat ignoring the whole sarcastic remark. Lanithro felt bad over what happened with her and Felix. However, it seemed as though Lyra was loved by every male that entered her life. Felix seemed to be the one that could hurt Lyra the most. “Let’s not dwell on sad things. I think we need to drink more and make bad decisions for the rest of the night.” Lanithro smirked a little bit.

Lyra's mood changed with Lanithro's words. He always knew exactly how to cheer her up. He knew her to her core, and he loved her through all days, good and bad. He had been there to hold her through countless as she cried after her mother died and Felix left school. Lanithro was always there when she needed him, and that counted for everything with Lyra. She grinned at him. "Sounds like a plan to me. You know most of my decisions are bad ones." she said with a hint of truth, before pouring him another drink. She picked up the glass. She didn't want to think about Felix. She didn't want to think about Ezra. She didn't want to think at all.

Lanithro chuckled as Lyra mentioned that most of her decisions are bad ones. He stated, “Yeah, same here. Bad decisions are what led me to be a father to begin with!” Lanithro dunked his head back and downing the shot. He then stood up for a second, nearly falling over while doing so. Yeah, probably not the best idea. But he had an idea. A really fun idea if Lyra was up for it. After all, he knew that she had a pool, and going swimming would be a great idea. “Hey, let’s go for a swim. Nightly swimming is best since we can’t get sunburnt. What do you think?” Lanithro asked, really hoping that she would say yes.

Lyra grinned at Lanithro. She knew exactly how he ended up a father. She was just thankful she hadn’t made the same careless mistake with him when they were hooking up. The blonde watched him as he stood up, stumbling slightly. She downed the rest of her drink before standing up. “I’m in.” Lyra said without a moments hesitation. “Come on. The pool is this way.” she told him, moving from the room. She stripped off her shirt as she went, carelessly throwing it on the floor. She didn’t mind if he saw her naked. After all, it wasn’t like he hadn’t seen it before.

Lanithro followed his best friend to the pool. What he had not expected was her stripping down to nothing. It wasn’t like he had not seen it before, but still. Lyra was gorgeous either way, and with his drunken state, all he wanted to do was make sweet love to her. But, he also wanted to swim. Lanithro did the same, since he didn’t want to feel left out. He jumped into the pool, not hesitated to get the cold water all over his body. He surfaced and moved his hair from his head. “This is so refreshing after dinner,” Lanithro sighed in complete ecstasy.

Lanithro stripped down and jumped into the pool without a moment's hesitation. The blonde grinned as she cannonballed into the deep end, splashing Lanithro as she went. She came up for air with a smile on her face, all troubles about Ezra and the mystery girl having vanished. Her friendship with Lanithro was easy. Always had been. She could count on him. She splashed him in the face, treading water. "Oh yeah? Was that refreshing too?" Lyra teased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back