Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Not Interested
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2" Rigid Pear Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
It was a sleepless night for her, she had woken up at around one in the morning for some reason and now two hours later she seemed no closer to sleep than she had been before. The girl had been laying in bed, not particularly wanting to drag herself out of bed and wander the halls but she didn't want to have to go through the arduous task of getting ready, of choosing clothes, and doing her hair, and then applying a light coating of make-up which were all necessary for her to leave the dorm room she shared with a couple other girls. Dove was different from most of her family, she was the only one with naturally red hair, though she used magical hair dye to keep it at her now, blondish-brown colour, but she resembled her sister and mother in wanting to appear perfect, in a desire to always look her best no matter what time of day, as was clear in her reluctance to get up and waste some energy because she would have to look her best to do it.

In the end, her boredom won out and Dove dragged herself out of bed, and threw on some clothes she already knew would be fine and didn't need much else, she quickly combed her hair but that was all she did, the teen just exited the dorm room as quietly as she could before wandering down the steps and out of the common room, normally she wouldn't wander around the school so late but she figured pretty much everyone would be asleep and she'd be unlike to run into anyone. Dove felt a little embarrassed and naked at her lack of make-up though she didn't actually really need it and she was perfectly clothed. Dove brushed the strands of hair from her face and tucked them behind her ear as she wandered the hallways, almost a little glad she'd chose to not wear any shoes, keeping her footsteps light. Only when she turned a corner was she startled by walking straight into someone else, "Oft" she muttered quietly at the impact of the other person, but now she was suddenly nervous about who this was, "I wasn't feeling well sir, I was going to the nurse," she muttered without looking up at the person and seeing who it was.

Sneaking out was common for some of the students within the halls, but not that common. However, it has become rather a routine event for none other than Valor Snow. He often sneaked out with his twin brother, Timothee, but the latter has managed to leave him behind, on the Quidditch pitch. Valor was cursing his brother while he was walking up the lawns, his worn shirt and jeans cleaning to his thin, yet tall form. Valor trudged up the hill, before he entered the castle. Yes, it would be dark now, and prefects and whoever would be strolling the halls, looking for someone to bust. Valor smirked, as he managed to dodge the light of a professor while he rushed through the corridor. He needed to get to his bed, and sleep! Eventually. All the adrenaline from sneaking around made him feel rather awake. And he was going to strangle Timothee when he got a hold of him! Valor may love his brother, but he was so mad. But then again, their sister, Dominique, would not agree with their nightly Quidditch behaviors. Dominique was actually a triplet to the twins. And the three of them were the only children of their parents, Nataliia and Noah. Nataliia had others, many others, but they were also half-siblings and cousins at the same time. It was strange and Valor didn't like bringing it up.

After all, Nataliia's former husband, Alphonse, was his uncle. And he ignored the triplets for a good reason. Valor was grateful that the man was dead, so Nataliia could be with his dad. His mom was so happy now. Valor didn't want anymore siblings though. He had trouble remembering their names as is. He turned the corner, looking for his brother before he was stumbled as a body collided with him. "Watch it!" Valor uttered before he managed to focus on just who he ran into. The form was not his brother, or even his cousins, Sophia or Valentino. Valor looked down to see someone that he knew from his classes. "Oh, Dove, I'm so sorry. Are you really going to the nurse?" He was speaking fluent French, and though he knew English, he was in a French school, and lived in France. Valor was about to place a hand on her shoulder to assure her that everything was okay, but after looking her over, she looked different.

As soon as she'd bumped into someone the girl had immediately regretted her decision to leave the dorm rooms, she had hoped that it was a professor, but when the person spoke and she finally looked up to them, she couldn't help the deep blush which reached her cheeks, of course on this night, this one time when she'd not chosen to spend the time on her appearance she ran into someone her age, from her class. It was just typical and the teen just felt embarrassment over the fact that she was looking probably horrible in front of this fellow student. She wanted to just turn and walk away from him and pretend like this never happened, but she doubted he would take too kindly to that. The teen hadn't expected to run into anyone, and while part of her was glad that she didn't now need to continue her lie about the hospital and that now she wouldn't get into trouble the girl was just cursing that she hadn't managed to just not run into anyone. Valor was his name, if she remembered it correctly, if this was indeed that one, and not the twin, but the mention of her name, her mostly English name which she tried to avoid using now at school sat uncomfortably in her mind as he continued speaking.

It was only when a hand came to be placed on her shoulder did she even glance up properly at the boy in front of her, she still wanted to hide her face and entire self from him, but she knew she couldn't, it was too late for that, and she could feel her cheeks heating up at the fact he was seeing her without make-up a true thing of horror in her mind. The girl tucked some strands of her blondish-brown hair behind her ears before shaking her head at him, "Not really, I thought you were a professor or a prefect, they wouldn't really give me in trouble if they thought I needed to go to the hospital wing," the teen told him with a shrug, it seemed perfectly normal to come clean with Valor about what she was doing, though the excuse might've worked in making it seem like the reason Dove felt she looked so bad was because she was unwell and not due to a lack of make-up, "What are you doing?" she asked him, "It's Valor, right?"

Valor smiled to himself when she said that she was going to say that if he were someone of authority. That was something he definitely did not have. Valor hoped to become prefect one day, but he did not know if he would ever get it since he was sometimes a trouble maker within the school walls. He was always out and playing Quidditch, and trying to get by without getting in trouble, which worked half the time. The professors seemed to have an eye on him too. That was always as annoying as ever. He shrugged his shoulders, "You should have some sort of prank candy to make the story believable. You definitely do not look ill to go to the nurse at night." Valor reached into his pocket and held out some fever inducing candies. It was better than nothing, but he put them back in his pocket, since he was sure that she did not want to take them anytime soon. They were pretty much vile in every sense of the word.

When asked what he was doing, Valor held his broom over his shoulders and gave a cocky smirk, “I was playing some Quidditch with my brother. He left me behind as soon as he saw the time. I guess he likes to point me as the one that causes the trouble, despite it being equal.” Although, truth be told, he would have done the same thing if he had left early. She recognized him as Valor, and he nodded, “Glad you can tell us apart, at the very least.” A lot had difficulties when it came down to telling the two apart. In fact, he thought that he was doing just fine trying to be separate. But the two carried themselves pretty similar, but Valor was known for wearing his tie undone, while Timothee did not tuck his shirt in. “Hey, if you need help dodging the fun suckers, I can show her some foolproof passages.” Valor never really hung out with this girl before, but this could end up fun. She just did not seem like the type to get dirty.

Dove looked at the sweets he brought out of his pocket as he told her about what she wanted to do, she shrugged at him, the girl thought that with this minimal amount of make-up she did look bad enough to pass off as ill to be able to go to the nurses at night, "I definitely don't need prank candy to look more believable, plus that stuff's gross," she told him, lightly in french her comments mostly dismissive towards her own appearance the sweets, she didn't actually want to be sick and the sweets weren't nice at all and she didn't think the success of them outweighed her desire to look good and just not be actually sick. The teen had a shy blush on her cheeks as she spoke to him, the french seamless on her words though it wasn't her native language it did come as naturally as the english did, but being in Beauxbatons she didn't speak in that language much at all, which helped create a better image of herself in this school, and Dove was all about that.

The teen looked at the broom and felt like an idiot for not noticing it before and felt like immediately apologising for it, even if it was pointless, but she just listened along to what he was saying, she was pretty good at telling people apart generally, it came with what her family had to go when greeting people, so this carried to what she was like outside of that situation. Dove just shrugged, "I'm good with faces," she told him as if to explain it although she could imagine that someone getting his name right was likely something he was pretty happy about. She just smiled slightly at him as he continued speaking, secret passages? Well, Dove would definitely agree that it sounded fun, she didn't break the rules often, the teen was all about perfection and having an air of being well put together which usually didn't allow her to break the rules often, but it was late, and she already looked a state and going back to make herself look better would definitely not be possible, "It's not like I have anything better to do," she replied a shyness in her tone, nervous over what agreeing to this might lead to, the fact she'd never broken any rules before weighed heavily in her mind.

Valor shrugged his lean shoulders before saying, "Suit yourself!" He understood why she was against it because she seemed like she was the one that was really upscale. Valor knew about girls like that, and he liked them. High maintenance was always a good thing. That means that they knew how to take care of themselves. But he wondered if it was the effects of the candy that would gross her out, or the candy, or rather, sweet taste. Valor liked a lot of sweets, but it would not be beneficial of his plans with Quidditch in the future, cause would end up making him really fat. He did not want to risk getting super fat and he had a fear of getting fat through cakes and cookies, though it might be worth it. But not worth sacrificing Quidditch. Valor sighed as he continued to stand with Dove, and thought that she was really cute, but didn't think that he was interested in someone like that for a while. He was too focused on his own sport. He was very much a male for that. A young male indeed. Valor smiled a little bit more when she said that she knew faces well, and telling his apart from his twin.

"I'm glad. I get annoyed when people think I am Timothee," Valor informed while shoving his hands into the pockets. He was really happy about it. He used his hand to gesture Dove to follow him, and smiled as he walked along, knowing that he would likely not run into a professor. He knocked on a suit of armor, and it moved, revealing a little passage. He gestured for her to come in. "This is really, like, the only way that professors that don't come this way. I can't same the same for prefects." He honestly did not know if the prefects would come this way. He did not want to really know. Valor did not want to get caught, but he did want to be prefect one day. But so did Timothee. Both of them were in a competition to beat each other in everything. It was not really his fault, but he could at least say he was helping a girl.

Dove was at least pleased that he didn't push the matter of her appearance further and seemed to let it go, but she was also pleased that she'd gotten him right, between him and his brother, since while Dove fought internally about fitting in, she liked being able to know that in a line up people would correctly identify her, correctly know who she was. The girl couldn't help but think it so frustrating in his position when people were constantly getting it wrong. Dove followed behind him, carefully watching as he reveal the secret passageway, and she looked inside, it didn't look particularly clean, but anything to get away with not having to be caught for being out at night, Dove didn't wait for Valor to enter, instead just wrapped her arms around herself and then stepping inside, "How did you find this," she asked though almost more to herself, as she spoke quietly, as she followed the path and looked round at him behind her, she knew that he'd helped her quite a bit and admittedly wanted to see more of him perhaps, if anything she would be glad for his surely useful friendship in certain matters.

End

Users who are viewing this thread

Back